PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady's four-game suspension reinstated

jimnyc
04-25-2016, 11:30 AM
Now THAT is some funny shit!!

----

Welcome back, deflate-gate. Oh, how we missed you.

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's four-game suspension is — for now — back on, per Reuters. The Second Circuit court has ruled in favor of the NFL, ordering the district court and The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit overturned last year’s ruling by U.S. District Judge Richard M. Berman to to enforce that Brady miss the first quarter of the 2016 season.

The court essentially ruled not on Brady's guilt or innocence. Instead, it ruled that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell had the power to implement a suspension. Article 46 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the players and the league states that the commissioner is empowered to take disciplinary power against a player whom he "reasonably judges" to have engaged in "conduct detrimental the integrity of, or public confidence in, the game of professional football.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/tom-brady-s-four-game-suspension-confirmed-by-appeals-court-154256984.html

Russ
04-25-2016, 02:55 PM
Now THAT is some funny shit!!

----

Welcome back, deflate-gate. Oh, how we missed you.

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's four-game suspension is — for now — back on, per Reuters. The Second Circuit court has ruled in favor of the NFL, ordering the district court and The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit overturned last year’s ruling by U.S. District Judge Richard M. Berman to to enforce that Brady miss the first quarter of the 2016 season.

The court essentially ruled not on Brady's guilt or innocence. Instead, it ruled that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell had the power to implement a suspension. Article 46 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the players and the league states that the commissioner is empowered to take disciplinary power against a player whom he "reasonably judges" to have engaged in "conduct detrimental the integrity of, or public confidence in, the game of professional football.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/tom-brady-s-four-game-suspension-confirmed-by-appeals-court-154256984.html

That is great news. It's about time Tom Brady has to pay some penalty for all his cheatin' ways.

In my opinion, Tom Brady is the NFL's version of Lance Armstrong - a talented athlete that decided he'd rather cheat to make sure he won, instead of competing fairly and just hoping he won.

The same result should happen to Brady that happened to Armstrong - all championships forfeited, lifetime ban from the sport, and banned from Hall of Fame. And he have his butt kicked, just for grins.

jimnyc
04-25-2016, 03:08 PM
That is great news. It's about time Tom Brady has to pay some penalty for all his cheatin' ways.

In my opinion, Tom Brady is the NFL's version of Lance Armstrong - a talented athlete that decided he'd rather cheat to make sure he won, instead of competing fairly and just hoping he won.

The same result should happen to Brady that happened to Armstrong - all championships forfeited, lifetime ban from the sport, and banned from Hall of Fame. And he have his butt kicked, just for grins.

Let's hope that Goodell stands strong on the suspension. It's a shame that he got to play in the bowl after it all broke loose, and then any penalty will be served in the 1st four games, and giving the team plenty of time to prepare to be without him.

While I agree with most of what you say about what they should do, we both know they won't toss the poster boy too awfully far under the bus. Just enough to claim they did something and that's all.

Even without all of that, should this suspension stick - he will then be seen as a cheater by many as part of his legacy.

Black Diamond
04-25-2016, 03:14 PM
How does this compare to Pete Rose?

jimnyc
04-25-2016, 03:19 PM
How does this compare to Pete Rose?

Damn, Pete's STILL paying for his "crimes". They barely relented even letting Pete into baseball stadiums, let alone a 4 game suspension. And while I guess betting is betting, he bet on his team to win. I just don't see it as something that should have had him banned for life.

But in comparison then, based on spygate and deflategate, that should be even more "criminal" IMO.

Bilgerat
04-25-2016, 04:29 PM
Ya hate us

Cause ya AIN'T us

You're gonna whine about cheating? Check YOUR team out

http://yourteamcheats.com/cheaters/

jimnyc
04-25-2016, 04:34 PM
^^ I knew you would be around before long! :lol:

What's your thoughts - should he take the suspension or continue the appeal up another notch on the food chain?

Bilgerat
04-25-2016, 04:37 PM
^^ I knew you would be around before long! :lol:

What's your thoughts - should he take the suspension or continue the appeal up another notch on the food chain?

Since there hasn't been what anyone who thinks rationally something called PROOF

I say run it up the flag again and appeal

Goodell needs to have his ass embarrassed again

jimnyc
04-25-2016, 04:46 PM
Since there hasn't been what anyone who thinks rationally something called PROOF

I say run it up the flag again and appeal

Goodell needs to have his ass embarrassed again

I guess it comes down to cost vs. legacy. For most players I would say it's time to let it go, probably costing a fortune to fight this. But this is Brady, a multi SB winning QB and arguably one of the best QB's of all time. To not fight it is risking that legacy a bit.

My only problem with the whole thing, and the lack of proof - was Tom destroying his cell phones. I'm not saying it's some major conspiracy and they won games they never would have. But I do think he was hiding something by doing so, however small. Is that punishable, did he destroy evidence? Not really for me to say, but appearances are sometimes everything.

I hate to say this, but at the end of the day, he still goes down as one of the best ever. He shouldn't, because I hate him, and he beat my team too many times, and I hope he falls down the stairs tonight, and then finds out his wife is cheating on him - but he's still a great QB. :)

Gunny
04-25-2016, 05:10 PM
Ya hate us

Cause ya AIN'T us

Uh ... no? Did y'all get with Tampa and Seattle to discuss who could come up with ugliest uniform? Crap, I'd pull a Danny Ferry and go play in Europe before I'd wear that ugly ass outfit. :laugh:

I don't agree with court's decision. However, I don't like Tom Brady.

jimnyc
04-25-2016, 05:13 PM
Uh ... no? Did y'all get with Tampa and Seattle to discuss who could come up with ugliest uniform? Crap, I'd pull a Danny Ferry and go play in Europe before I'd wear that ugly ass outfit. :laugh:

I don't agree with court's decision. However, I don't like Tom Brady.

That's what I'm thinking. It's not even about the decision, the law or any of that. This is about 29 teams and all of their fans hating Brady, and wanting to see him pay, just for the hell of it if it comes down to that! :thumb:

Black Diamond
04-25-2016, 05:25 PM
Hey. If bill Laimbeer and Isiah Thomas had been accused of cheating, they would have been guilty. I don't care what the facts were, they'd be guilty and permanently banned from NBA. :cool:

And i know Aaron Rodgers is guilty of breaking every rule NFL has. I have no proof. He's just guilty. :cool:

So I know where folks are coming from.

Gunny
04-25-2016, 05:25 PM
That's what I'm thinking. It's not even about the decision, the law or any of that. This is about 29 teams and all of their fans hating Brady, and wanting to see him pay, just for the hell of it if it comes down to that! :thumb:

I honestly still think it's an unfair decision. Nobody's proven a thing. Who made Goodell Barrack Obama? And trust me, I can't stand cheaters, but the accusation makes no sense at all. If anything, I'd overinflate the damned ball.

It's just an excuse, IMO. As far as NE and Brady goes personally, screw them. They've sucked since Plunkett was their QB. He had to get out of their before they got him killed. :laugh:

Black Diamond
04-25-2016, 05:30 PM
Hey. If bill Laimbeer and Isiah Thomas had been accused of cheating, they would have been guilty. I don't care what the facts were, they'd be guilty and permanently banned from NBA. :cool:

And i know Aaron Rodgers is guilty of breaking every rule NFL has. I have no proof. He's just guilty. :cool:

Oh and screw LeBron too.

jimnyc
04-25-2016, 05:33 PM

I agree about Rodgers. He had to have cheated when they beat the Steelers in the bowl in 2010. I have no proof either, but it all makes sense. :)

Gunny
04-25-2016, 05:44 PM
I agree about Rodgers. He had to have cheated when they beat the Steelers in the bowl in 2010. I have no proof either, but it all makes sense. :)

Rodgers couldn't cheat if you gave him a manual. He's not talented enough.

And for @blackdiamond don't get me started on the NBA. I played basketball for at least 35 years, and then I coached it. NBA players suck and I think that's why the Spurs and Warriors do so well. They play fundamental TEAM basketball. Lebron isn't going to win a championship only two other players supporting him. You look at GS and SA, they both have deep benches and if their star is out, they pick up the load.

Bilgerat
04-25-2016, 05:59 PM
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/13094306_1106059182765977_3289165418584531162_n.jp g?oh=7a11a93ddb666c9664e785fd923bc425&oe=57A3FC2C

Gunny
04-25-2016, 06:12 PM
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/13094306_1106059182765977_3289165418584531162_n.jp g?oh=7a11a93ddb666c9664e785fd923bc425&oe=57A3FC2C

I STILL hate your team, but I agree.

I want to know where this stupid rule comes from any-damned-way. Got nothing better to do than check the PSI on a football? I mean WTF? The NFL's got a PSI checker? Wonder how much THAT job pays? :rolleyes:

darin
04-26-2016, 12:46 AM
Ya hate us

Cause ya AIN'T us

Here's the problem with that site:

I clicked on Seattle - it listed PED violations.

It listed nobodies mostly. None of the players that mattered were caught with PEDs...then I saw Browner and Sherman - they were never charged with nor penalized for taking PEDs. THEY were accused of taking Adderall. NOT PEDs...

And the next 'violation' was having too physical of practices. Lemme get this straight - because seattle was beating up on eachother they somehow benefited? Didn't impact the outcome of a game, nor violate in-game rules.

And the next instances of cheating are listed as "The entire league did this". That's silly. Beyond silly. It's not cheating if everyone does it because there's no competitive advantage.

Am glad Brady's missing 3 home games. I hope the Pat's lose, badly.

Gunny
04-26-2016, 02:43 AM

It listed nobodies mostly. None of the players that mattered were caught with PEDs...then I saw Browner and Sherman - they were never charged with nor penalized for taking PEDs. THEY were accused of taking Adderall. NOT PEDs...

And the next 'violation' was having too physical of practices. Lemme get this straight - because seattle was beating up on eachother they somehow benefited? Didn't impact the outcome of a game, nor violate in-game rules.

And the next instances of cheating are listed as "The entire league did this". That's silly. Beyond silly. It's not cheating if everyone does it because there's no competitive advantage.

There's something I just don't get. "Too physical practices". It's FOOTBALL. Hell-f-ing-O? I'm going to hit you hard enough for your ancestors to feel it. I doubt I could even play football nowadays with all this pansy-ass crap.

Now they're paying some goof to measure the PSI in a football? :rolleyes:

I could care less about Brady as far as this BS is concerned. I want him to play. I want him to get his ass kicked. That doesn't happen if he's on the bench and then the team and he have an excuse. I also totally disagree with the tyranny of the NFL. Goodell is THE worst commissioner I've seen in my lifetime.

Russ
04-26-2016, 07:42 PM

Yes, something's not right here. One of these is an egotistical bum, assaulted his girlfriend, and belongs in jail. The other one is an egotistical bum, damaged the integrity of the multiple Super Bowls, and belongs in jail.

(No offense ;))

Russ
04-26-2016, 07:49 PM

Agreed, on all accounts.

By the way, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the site "www.yourteamcheats.com" was originally created by a Pats fan shortly after the Spygate scandal. Just a guess.

Gunny
04-26-2016, 08:06 PM
Yes, something's not right here. One of these is an egotistical bum, assaulted his girlfriend, and belongs in jail. The other one is an egotistical bum, damaged the integrity of the multiple Super Bowls, and belongs in jail.

(No offense ;))

I'll have to disagree. These players aren't role models and the pretense that they are is just flat dumb. They're basically modern day Roman gladiators. They play in an arena to win. This holier than thou attitude by these sports associations just slays me.

You want to throw them in jail for a crime? Fine with me. But the NFL/NBA/MLB are not their own personal countries. Let the law decide and quit with the hypocritical crap. They encourage crap and turn a blind eye to it. I can't stand the Patriots but looking for excuses is just sour grapes. We lost. Wah. You can't win if you don't risk losing. And if you lose, you pick your ass up without whining and come back another day.

I can't stand the Patriots nor Tom Brady. But I ain't crying like a bitch to get over. And Goodell must be on the white side of Obama's family. Total tyrant and idiot.

We're $20T in debt and on the brink of a world war and we're going to have a Supreme Court case based on football PSI? Really?

Bilgerat
04-26-2016, 08:28 PM

(No offense ;))

OK, then there's this

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8824&stc=1

Elessar
04-27-2016, 12:15 AM
Shit!

I think this whole 'Deflategate' is OVER INFLATED..:laugh:

Gunny
04-27-2016, 02:54 AM
Shit!

I think this whole 'Deflategate' is OVER INFLATED..:laugh:

I remember hearing this kind of crap in the 70s with the Steelers. Jack Lambert's dirty. Joe Green is dirty. Mike Wagner's dirty. It's like ... learn to play football? But back then it was more of "just a game" than it is now. I think this is stupid. We've sunk so low as to involve the justice system in whether or not a ball is missing some air? GMAFB.