PDA

View Full Version : Hey Gunny!

jimnyc
04-25-2016, 04:30 PM
:fu:

Just wanted to give you a special hello this late afternoon, or early afternoon by you or whatever.

jimnyc
04-25-2016, 05:29 PM
https://i.imgur.com/6xOcfN0.jpg

Gunny
04-25-2016, 05:35 PM
What's funny about THAT is the second that movie came out I was being called Gunny Highway. And I was only a Corporal. :laugh: My Col was like, look, they made a movie about your ass. In case of war, break glass.:laugh:

jimnyc
04-25-2016, 05:43 PM
What's funny about THAT is the second that movie came out I was being called Gunny Highway. And I was only a Corporal. :laugh: My Col was like, look, they made a movie about your ass. In case of war, break glass.:laugh:

Now I won't be able to enjoy any of my tried and true basic training and war movies, at least not without thinking about you. A mixture of Highway & Hartman. I'd be more like Gomer Pyle, looking around for my jelly donut.

Gunny
04-25-2016, 06:04 PM
Now I won't be able to enjoy any of my tried and true basic training and war movies, at least not without thinking about you. A mixture of Highway & Hartman. I'd be more like Gomer Pyle, looking around for my jelly donut.

You just have to take them for what they are. I'm a TOTAL critic of war movies. I know what's BS and what ain't.

For instance, GySgt Hartman is a senior drill instructor. The senior is NEVER the heavy. One of the junior drill instructors are. The senior is "Daddy". He's who recruits can go to. You make the senior the heavy and recruits have no recourse and feel helpless. There's an art to even being a drill instructor. R. Lee Ermy plays the role of a heavy perfectly. They should have made him a junior heavy instead of a senior.

Heartbreak Ridge is kind of a joke. On one hand, it's good, but they ruin it with the Grenada crap. You act like that in combat and you're dead. The personalities were pretty close though. Drunk-ass Gunny that hates everyone and the rules and a cheesedick officer. :laugh:

And you don't get jelly donuts in the chow hall anymore. You'd be screwed, f*cker.:laugh:

jimnyc
04-25-2016, 06:13 PM
Meh, who cares, "Better call Saul" is on tonight anyway. :laugh:

Gunny
04-25-2016, 06:20 PM
Meh, who cares, "Better call Saul" is on tonight anyway. :laugh:

I'm still about to shoot my damned tv. All 3 of these moron GOP candidates are acting dumber than privates. "How to Lose a Sure Win by the Numbers". Christ. I know you think I just hate Trump or something, but Cruz and Kasich are being f-ing morons as well.

WOULD ONE OR ALL OF YOU FUCKERS GO AFTER HILLARY? Geez ....

jimnyc
04-25-2016, 06:24 PM
I'm still about to shoot my damned tv. All 3 of these moron GOP candidates are acting dumber than privates. "How to Lose a Sure Win by the Numbers". Christ. I know you think I just hate Trump or something, but Cruz and Kasich are being f-ing morons as well.

WOULD ONE OR ALL OF YOU FUCKERS GO AFTER HILLARY? Geez ....

Don't you have damn cable or satellite? Change the damn channel!! Watch some Street Outlaws, CSI - Diners, Drive-ins & Dives is cool too about this time! Well, EST anyway. I don't get any of that crap you hate on my TV because I never put on the news channels!!

Gunny
04-25-2016, 06:32 PM
Don't you have damn cable or satellite? Change the damn channel!! Watch some Street Outlaws, CSI - Diners, Drive-ins & Dives is cool too about this time! Well, EST anyway. I don't get any of that crap you hate on my TV because I never put on the news channels!!

I watch a bunch or forensic and CSI crap. I put on the news to try and get some damned news. Seems like the news nowadays is just another soap opera. Not to mention I'm pretty nocturnal. Between 4AM and 7AM here -- nada. You got to try and remember, I'm 3 hours earlier than you. When y'all are having your coffee and toast at 7 AM and posting, it's 4 here. I know Darin's WAY off and I bet NT is off an hour or 2 from me.

All I get ar pharmaceutical commercials and the class action lawsuits against them. :laugh: