PDA

View Full Version : Kid got some stitches

jimnyc
04-27-2016, 01:31 PM
Barely into school this morning and I get a call, the kid cut his thumb with a knife in culinary class. They made it sound bad, so I rushed to the school in Ct. of course. Not as bad as it sounded, but some stitches nonetheless, 4 of them to be exact. Bet that stings a little when he picks things up for a week or so! Here's just a before and after picture of the damage.

http://i.imgur.com/Ocp5itH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/L5y7DQ2.jpg

Kathianne
04-27-2016, 02:08 PM
Boy, looks nasty! I really do 'feel his pain,' I've got 12 stitches in my arm right now!

jimnyc
04-27-2016, 03:03 PM
Boy, looks nasty! I really do 'feel his pain,' I've got 12 stitches in my arm right now!

When did you get stitches and what for?

Jordan will just have the stitches in until next Friday when the same doctor will remove them. Nothing major, but pretty funny to see the kid with his first time getting stitches. They gave him a shot right into the tip of his finger! Even I looked away for that. But he explained the way the nerves ran, and it was one shot in the tip, or 4 shots along the side to run up the nerve lines. 1 < 4 and that's all I needed to hear. But he was brave, and we both watched the stitching process without looking away.

Kathianne
04-27-2016, 03:52 PM
When did you get stitches and what for?

Jordan will just have the stitches in until next Friday when the same doctor will remove them. Nothing major, but pretty funny to see the kid with his first time getting stitches. They gave him a shot right into the tip of his finger! Even I looked away for that. But he explained the way the nerves ran, and it was one shot in the tip, or 4 shots along the side to run up the nerve lines. 1 < 4 and that's all I needed to hear. But he was brave, and we both watched the stitching process without looking away.

First time? Wow! He's a miracle boy or doesn't 'tear easily!' LOL!

I caught my forearm on a stem cutter at work, sort of like a school paper cutter-with a sharper blade. I wasn't even using it, I'm just a klutz.