PDA

View Full Version : Offenders near you?

Mr. P
07-19-2007, 07:01 AM
Check this out, sex offenders home location presented on a map. Includes the crime of each. Just type in your address to see if any live near you.

*I don't know about the accuracy.
http://www.familywatchdog.us/

darin
07-19-2007, 09:02 AM
Guy down the street from me is on a 'sex-offender' list. He watches my kids regularly. IMO, knowing his 'offense', it's pretty f'ing stupid for him to have to be marked as he is.

He was drunk, and peeked into a woman's restroom. Got caught, arrested, and was forced to register as part of his sentence. For TEN YEARS.

:-/

darin
07-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Kinda scary...

The Blue x shows an elementary school in relation to a convicted offender.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=376&stc=1&d=1184854076

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=377&stc=1&d=1184854082

Mr. P
07-19-2007, 09:59 AM
Guy down the street from me is on a 'sex-offender' list. He watches my kids regularly. IMO, knowing his 'offense', it's pretty f'ing stupid for him to have to be marked as he is.

He was drunk, and peeked into a woman's restroom. Got caught, arrested, and was forced to register as part of his sentence. For TEN YEARS.

:-/

Yeah, that's pretty stupid. Heck, I walked into a woman's restroom (SOBER) once an took a pee. It was an honest mistake, there was I woman with her daughter in the next stall. I didn't know that until on their way out the lil girl pipes-up and says "mommy there's a man in there!". On the way out I was met by a horde of women waiting who had been held back because an alert employee had seen me go in. I was pretty embarrassed. :laugh2:

I could have been arrested I guess.

jackass
07-19-2007, 02:54 PM
Yeah, that's pretty stupid. Heck, I walked into a woman's restroom (SOBER) once an took a pee. It was an honest mistake, there was I woman with her daughter in the next stall. I didn't know that until on their way out the lil girl pipes-up and says "mommy there's a man in there!". On the way out I was met by a horde of women waiting who had been held back because an alert employee had seen me go in. I was pretty embarrassed. :laugh2:

I could have been arrested I guess.

Almost did that at Wal-Mart the other day!! That would have sucked!!

I have one who lives 2 doors down. Thank God an ex-sherrif moved in next door and paid him a visit on his first day here :)

nevadamedic
07-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Almost did that at Wal-Mart the other day!! That would have sucked!!

I have one who lives 2 doors down. Thank God an ex-sherrif moved in next door and paid him a visit on his first day here :)

We will have to make you a shirt like your avatar, that way people think you are just one of the girls. :laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
07-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Kinda scary...

The Blue x shows an elementary school in relation to a convicted offender.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=376&stc=1&d=1184854076

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=377&stc=1&d=1184854082

But did he rape an actual child or is his a case where he had sex with a 16 year-old who/or her parents later accused him of rape? He looks pretty gross either way. I think there should be a separate label for those cases.

nevadamedic
07-19-2007, 03:47 PM
I think the Statutory Sexual Seduction offenses shouldn't be considered sex crimes. Those are basically anyone 18-21 accused of being with someone under 18.

Trinity
07-20-2007, 08:28 AM
I think the Statutory Sexual Seduction offenses shouldn't be considered sex crimes. Those are basically anyone 18-21 accused of being with someone under 18.

Have to agree with this one I have several guy friends that have been labeled and have to register for 10 years because they were 18 and had girlfriends that were 15 or 16 years old. The parents got pissed and filed charges. One case in particular the girls parents never showed for court so the state picked up the charges and now this guy has a hard time finding a job because of this and it was his girlfriend and here's the kicker he was living there with her and her parent's however they never actually had sex, they just messed around.

Funny thing is I know when I was 14 and 15 years old I had boyfriends that were 18 and 19. It's not like it's that big of and age difference. It would be different if the guy was say 23 dating a 14 or 15 year old. Which I also did, and looking back have to wonder what a 23 year old saw in a 14, 15 year old girl.

Mr. P
07-20-2007, 08:33 AM
Have to agree with this one I have several guy friends that have been labeled and have to register for 10 years because they were 18 and had girlfriends that were 15 or 16 years old. The parents got pissed and filed charges. One case in particular the girls parents never showed for court so the state picked up the charges and now this guy has a hard time finding a job because of this and it was his girlfriend and here's the kicker he was living there with her and her parent's however they never actually had sex, they just messed around.

Funny thing is I know when I was 14 and 15 years old I had boyfriends that were 18 and 19. It's not like it's that big of and age difference. It would be different if the guy was say 23 dating a 14 or 15 year old. Which I also did, and looking back have to wonder what a 23 year old saw in a 14, 15 year old girl.
You really don't know? :slap:

Trinity
07-20-2007, 08:37 AM
You really don't know? :slap:

Yeah I know!:laugh2:

Monkeybone
07-20-2007, 09:00 AM
thought that any kind dealing with a child had to be so far from a school

darin
07-20-2007, 09:12 AM
But did he rape an actual child or is his a case where he had sex with a 16 year-old who/or her parents later accused him of rape?

Great point. He lives in a neighborhood we call Fir Ghettos (Fir Meadows, really), which is chock-full of white-trashy-type folk. I'd have no problem believing a little tramp did him, got scared and told on him. I'm sure that happens alot - and also agree about a separate label for those type folk.

Trinity
07-20-2007, 03:06 PM
thought that any kind dealing with a child had to be so far from a school

It depends on the individual state laws.......for instance in Ohio they are not allowed to live within 1000 feet of a school or bus stop.