PDA

View Full Version : Post Whores

darin
07-19-2007, 08:54 AM
When you log into a forum, and see dozens of threads started by the same person, with very little comment or interest by that person, does it make you less, or more-likely to want to participate?

I HATE when I click on drudge in the morning, then come here and see the vast majority of what I just saw on drudge, HERE in the form of a 'New Thread.' I try to post threads where I have some level of personal interest in the topic, rather than to whore-away, posting everything I read online.

You?

remie
07-19-2007, 08:59 AM
When you log into a forum, and see dozens of threads started by the same person, with very little comment or interest by that person, does it make you less, or more-likely to want to participate?

I HATE when I click on drudge in the morning, then come here and see the vast majority of what I just saw on drudge, HERE in the form of a 'New Thread.' I try to post threads where I have some level of personal interest in the topic, rather than to whore-away, posting everything I read online.

You?

Early on it was just annoying to me. Now I am to the point where is pisses me off. I just dont understand why someone would do that.

Said1
07-19-2007, 09:03 AM
I hadn't really noticed. I don't visit the Drudge site either.

The other guy at that 'other' board was MUCH WORSE than anyone here. He got on my nerves with his endless posts entitled 'what's your favorite color?' 'If I fell in the forest, would I make a sound?' 'what's the average size of an asshole?' etc, etc.

glockmail
07-19-2007, 09:55 AM
I hate flame threads. :poke:

jackass
07-19-2007, 02:55 PM
Stop going to drudge first! :)

jimnyc
07-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Did someone say whores? I sure do need to get laid! :)

OCA
07-19-2007, 03:09 PM

You?

Almost to the point where my visitation here will be very seldom.

jimnyc
07-19-2007, 03:22 PM
Almost to the point where my visitation here will be very seldom.

Don't say that you lousy greek fucker! I'll drive down to you and stick your greasy hands on the keyboard if I have too! :)

OCA
07-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Don't say that you lousy greek fucker! I'll drive down to you and stick your greasy hands on the keyboard if I have too! :)

Then grab the bull by the horns and rectify the situation you stupid Jersey fuck!:finger3:

Jon
07-19-2007, 05:24 PM
It would be nice if there was a mod for the board that would change the way that the ignore function works. If ignoring someone made them completely invisible to you so that you didn't see *any* of their posts, including their name on the left, there wouldn't be any problem.

I've never gotten to the point that I wanted to ignore someone. I was driven to that point not so long ago. Imagine my sadness when I realized that said person's posts still show up as new posts and I still have to scroll past the blankness next to their name. :(

shattered
07-19-2007, 10:25 PM
What I don't get, is the post whore is conspicuously absent from this thread, knows he's pissing everyone off, and is STILL posting 125+ messages per day.

82Marine89
07-19-2007, 10:34 PM
What I don't get, is the post whore is conspicuously absent from this thread, knows he's pissing everyone off, and is STILL posting 125+ messages per day.

Thank you. I noticed the same damn thing. On every other thread, he owns every other post. Here? He imitates Helen Keller.

OCA
07-20-2007, 07:56 AM
Page 1 of "find all posts" from Nevadamedic has 25 posts on it, 24 of them are 1 sentence or shorter including a few that included smilies only and 1 is a cut and paste thread starter fron Drudge.

Most posts where in "what are you listening to now" and "what are you watching now" and 2 were in threads that hadn't seen action for awhile.

ROTFLMFAO!:laugh2:

CockySOB
07-20-2007, 08:59 AM
Post-whoring is just as bad as the freaking automated posting from RSS feeds that some sites use (not here though).

jimnyc
07-20-2007, 09:06 AM
It would be nice if there was a mod for the board that would change the way that the ignore function works. If ignoring someone made them completely invisible to you so that you didn't see *any* of their posts, including their name on the left, there wouldn't be any problem.

I've never gotten to the point that I wanted to ignore someone. I was driven to that point not so long ago. Imagine my sadness when I realized that said person's posts still show up as new posts and I still have to scroll past the blankness next to their name. :(

I searched thoroughly for a mod that does what you state but came up empty. Personally, I've never used the ignore feature before, but then again, they would show up anyway as staff cannot put members on ignore.

I'm not sure of a good resolution to this issue. I fully understand members wanting to make it easier to get to the posts they are truly interested in, but I'm also afraid of entering the zone of "censorship" by asking ANY member to not post. Can you imagine the backlash if this was one of our liberal members? They already think I'm biased!

And how do we determine what is considered to be a "whore" post? We all post stories from time to time, and we all reply with just a smiley or one word from time to time. Now, some posters obviously do this much more frequently, but how do you determine which is and which isn't? And how would this be applied equally?

FWIW - I'm not defending or condoning anyone, nor am I taking sides. I'm looking for input to find a resolution and end the bickering.

jimnyc
07-20-2007, 09:08 AM
Post-whoring is just as bad as the freaking automated posting from RSS feeds that some sites use (not here though).

I've done that in the past, but I kept the bot to one specific forum, and also restricted the posts from that particular forum from showing up when a user clicks "new posts". Won't do it again though!

darin
07-20-2007, 09:10 AM
Personally, I've never used the ignore feature before, but then again, they would show up anyway as staff cannot put members on ignore.

Sure we can - I had gabby on ignore for about 2 months earlier this year. Was blissful. :) Users, however, cannot ignore staff.

jimnyc
07-20-2007, 09:12 AM
Sure we can - I had gabby on ignore for about 2 months earlier this year. Was blissful. :) Users, however, cannot ignore staff.

Ok, allow me to rephrase. Staff "shouldn't" be putting members on ignore, as then they have no way of properly moderating said user. :)

darin
07-20-2007, 09:24 AM
Ok, allow me to rephrase. Staff "shouldn't" be putting members on ignore, as then they have no way of properly moderating said user. :)

I'd wait and see what she said in quotes from others' replies, figuring if she said something completely horrible, others would quote it. :D:coffee:

shattered
07-20-2007, 09:26 AM
I searched thoroughly for a mod that does what you state but came up empty. Personally, I've never used the ignore feature before, but then again, they would show up anyway as staff cannot put members on ignore.

I'm not sure of a good resolution to this issue. I fully understand members wanting to make it easier to get to the posts they are truly interested in, but I'm also afraid of entering the zone of "censorship" by asking ANY member to not post. Can you imagine the backlash if this was one of our liberal members? They already think I'm biased!

And how do we determine what is considered to be a "whore" post? We all post stories from time to time, and we all reply with just a smiley or one word from time to time. Now, some posters obviously do this much more frequently, but how do you determine which is and which isn't? And how would this be applied equally?

FWIW - I'm not defending or condoning anyone, nor am I taking sides. I'm looking for input to find a resolution and end the bickering.

Nobody considers a couple posts of emoticons, or 1-2 words post whoring.. I'd *think* everyone would be in agreement that 125 out of 178 would be post whoring...*Especially* if you're bumping a 4-month dead thread to say "Why?" or "I agree." or :laugh2: or :clap:...

It's not like putting said person on ignore is an option, either, since said person posts most of the threads that are started, and anybody has has said person on ignore would see nothing. That's not very practical, either.

A post limit is wrong, so how about inventing a garbage filter? :D

jimnyc
07-20-2007, 09:34 AM
Nobody considers a couple posts of emoticons, or 1-2 words post whoring.. I'd *think* everyone would be in agreement that 125 out of 178 would be post whoring...*Especially* if you're bumping a 4-month dead thread to say "Why?" or "I agree." or :laugh2: or :clap:...

It's not like putting said person on ignore is an option, either, since said person posts most of the threads that are started, and anybody has has said person on ignore would see nothing. That's not very practical, either.

A post limit is wrong, so how about inventing a garbage filter? :D

I agree with your points, which is what makes this difficult.

When I first started USMB, for many, many months I would post articles. Someone has to be the one to get the ball rolling and get subjects on the board. But, I went out of my way to ensure the articles were unique, weird, controversial and hopefully of interest to the other members.

You all know me quite well by now. I don't want to alienate any members by restricting what they can post. At the same time, I certainly don't want to alienate any members that are having difficulty using the board because of what they consider "whore" posts. I'm not sure I have an answer, or a solution. But I'll keep this thread alive and hopefully ideas will be brought forth to where we can come up with something.

darin
07-20-2007, 09:37 AM
Maybe we make posts in certain forums NOT count for one's total post count?

shattered
07-20-2007, 09:41 AM

Hah. My post count wouldn't ever increase, since I mostly play in the lower half of the board. :D

dan
07-20-2007, 09:41 AM
:popcorn:

jimnyc
07-20-2007, 09:47 AM

But then it would apply to everyone...

And would do nothing to prevent others from seeing said posts. Keep in mind, many are assuming that the reason others post so much is to increase their post count. What if the posts are made out of boredom, or by someone who truly thinks they are trying to get conversation started?

jimnyc
07-20-2007, 09:48 AM
:popcorn:

WHORE!

darin
07-20-2007, 09:57 AM

And would do nothing to prevent others from seeing said posts. Keep in mind, many are assuming that the reason others post so much is to increase their post count. What if the posts are made out of boredom, or by someone who truly thinks they are trying to get conversation started?

Of course - I'm on a car forum where nothing in the lounge counts towards the total post count. The board hasn't disintegrated! :)

LiberalNation
07-20-2007, 10:00 AM
Wait, what's the big deal about peoples post count. I hardly ever notice mine. Seems strange someone would post just to see that little number beside their name go up.

dan
07-20-2007, 10:08 AM
WHORE!

:laugh2:

OCA
07-20-2007, 10:12 AM

Jimmy, you are missing the point, its not only about increasing post count because if someone had a massive post count but the posts were QUALITY posts and not "rah rah" or "emoticon" garbage then this discussion doesn't take place.......but the posts are not quality and are mostly garbage, I think everyone agrees on that. I mean do we need to know about every fucking kid who smokes another kid or some mom who took her kid to an ass whipping, for chrissakes! We have to wade through his bullshit and its a chore.

Don't even get me started on dredging up dead threads either!

OCA
07-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Wait, what's the big deal about peoples post count. I hardly ever notice mine. Seems strange someone would post just to see that little number beside their name go up.

I know, I know......you are so fucking cool.

jimnyc
07-20-2007, 10:19 AM
Jimmy, you are missing the point, its not only about increasing post count because if someone had a massive post count but the posts were QUALITY posts and not "rah rah" or "emoticon" garbage then this discussion doesn't take place.......but the posts are not quality and are mostly garbage, I think everyone agrees on that. I mean do we need to know about every fucking kid who smokes another kid or some mom who took her kid to an ass whipping, for chrissakes! We have to wade through his bullshit and its a chore.

Don't even get me started on dredging up dead threads either!

Ok, not being sarcastic, this is a legit question...

How would you resolve the problem? Delete posts? Censor posts? Ban users? Prohibit posting certain stories? Prohibit emoticon replies? Prohibit one word replies?

OCA
07-20-2007, 11:07 AM
Ok, not being sarcastic, this is a legit question...

How would you resolve the problem? Delete posts? Censor posts? Ban users? Prohibit posting certain stories? Prohibit emoticon replies? Prohibit one word replies?

Nobody is talking prohibitions of any kind at least i'm not but how about some common sense and respect for the boardby not cluttering it up with junk and spam?

BTW I find his lack of participation in this thread to be VERY revealing.

Said1
07-20-2007, 11:22 AM
Nobody is talking prohibitions of any kind at least i'm not but how about some common sense and respect for the boardby not cluttering it up with junk and spam?

BTW I find his lack of participation in this thread to be VERY revealing.

What does it reveal? Serious question.

OCA
07-20-2007, 02:23 PM
What does it reveal? Serious question.

That maybe he does what he does purposely. I'm beginning to think he's a computer program masquerading as a human being.

Hagbard Celine
07-20-2007, 02:45 PM
That maybe he does what he does purposely. I'm beginning to think he's a computer program masquerading as a human being.
I've thought that before about several people on this board.

jimnyc
07-20-2007, 04:09 PM

Common sense and respect are certainly not much to ask for. I say give it a little time and see if anything changes.

jimnyc
07-20-2007, 04:10 PM
I've thought that before about several people on this board.

I'm a virus masquerading as a prick! How am I doing? :)

Abbey Marie
07-20-2007, 04:13 PM

That sounds like a perfect description of an ex-fiance' of mine.

jimnyc
07-20-2007, 04:14 PM
That sounds like a perfect description of an ex-fiance' of mine.

Did he get to see the boobies? :)

Abbey Marie
07-20-2007, 04:16 PM
Did he get to see the boobies? :)

What do you think? :laugh2:

LiberalNation
07-20-2007, 04:16 PM
you are so fucking cool.
I know.

Abbey Marie
07-20-2007, 04:17 PM
This whole thread is sexist. The term should be "post gigolos". :laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
07-20-2007, 04:21 PM

You're the tits man!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/pezhead25/JamesThumbsUp.jpg

OCA
07-20-2007, 04:26 PM
Common sense and respect are certainly not much to ask for. I say give it a little time and see if anything changes.

Horseshit, i've given it about a month now and was told by by this moron to go fuck myself so no more time from me. I'm gonna ride him until he either adjusts his posting to a more common sensical style or he leaves. His choice.

jimnyc
07-20-2007, 04:37 PM
What do you think? :laugh2:

I think he did, and likely even touched them. And I also think it's unfair and biased of you not to do the same for me! Damn mods!

jimnyc
07-20-2007, 04:38 PM
You're the tits man!!!

I prefer "boobie man" :)

darin
07-20-2007, 04:40 PM
I'm gonna ride him

:gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay:

:puke3:

jimnyc
07-20-2007, 04:41 PM
Horseshit, i've given it about a month now and was told by by this moron to go fuck myself so no more time from me. I'm gonna ride him until he either adjusts his posting to a more common sensical style or he leaves. His choice.

Chill out there, peter puffer! You're going to make yourself sick by getting so angry, like when the Steelers beat up on your pussy of a team! :)

Abbey Marie
07-20-2007, 04:50 PM
I think he did, and likely even touched them. And I also think it's unfair and biased of you not to do the same for me! Damn mods!

If I answer that, we might end up with an x-rated thread. :eek:

Plus, I prefer to forget jerk boy. He was the kind of guy, who, after you break up with him, your friends and family all ask "What did you ever see in him? Or, "Were you on drugs?!"

jimnyc
07-20-2007, 04:55 PM

Plus, I prefer to forget jerk boy. He was the kind of guy, who, after you break up with him, your friends and family all ask "What did you ever see in him? Or, "Were you on drugs?!"

Yeah, know what ya mean, had a few exes I can think of who went through the same thing after we broke up. LOL

Abbey Marie
07-20-2007, 04:58 PM
Yeah, know what ya mean, had a few exes I can think of who went through the same thing after we broke up. LOL

Jim, believe me, you don't want to compare yourself with jerk boy, in any way, shape or form. Besides, it's already clear that you are more intelligent. Evil and dumb is a particularly bad combo.

OCA
07-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Chill out there, peter puffer! You're going to make yourself sick by getting so angry, like when the Steelers beat up on your pussy of a team! :)

No chilling needed, will personally monitor Nevada.

jimnyc
07-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Jim, believe me, you don't want to compare yourself with jerk boy, in anyway, shape or form. Besides, it's already clear that you are more intelligent. Evil and dumb is a particularly bad combo.

I am dumb, damnit! I told you, it's easier being dumb! Besides, Loosecanon, Josie Steel and a few others have told me so lately.

Or was that just "rhetorical convenience"? :)

jimnyc
07-20-2007, 05:35 PM

That will only lead to an ulcer, monkeyass! I think it's already clear that he doesn't care what you say on this matter anyway.

Maybe he has YOU on ignore! :laugh2:

5stringJeff
07-20-2007, 05:52 PM
OK, when the board first started, there was a 10-character minimum per post. Should we reinstitute that? Most smilies are less than that. And, Jim, if there's a way to make smilies not count in character count, that would be even better. That forces someone to say at least 10 characters worth of something, which rules out responses like "OK," "I agree" or ":popcorn:."

Sir Evil
07-20-2007, 05:55 PM

We know you will you butt pirate, now go play with your grape leaves!:laugh2:

jimnyc
07-20-2007, 06:24 PM
OK, when the board first started, there was a 10-character minimum per post. Should we reinstitute that? Most smilies are less than that. And, Jim, if there's a way to make smilies not count in character count, that would be even better. That forces someone to say at least 10 characters worth of something, which rules out responses like "OK," "I agree" or ":popcorn:."

We can't eliminate smilies from the count as they are characters themselves that get resolved to images when posted. Of course we can re-institute a minimum if the board feels it's necessary.

FWIW - that does nothing to stop someone from just doing the following to bypass:

:laugh2::finger3::dance::coffee::pee:

jimnyc
07-20-2007, 06:25 PM

"butt pirate"? Are you implying that our shit taco eating friend is in the closet?

jackass
07-20-2007, 06:45 PM

Ohh...was it Jim??

jackass
07-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Jim, did you ask him about all the posts? What did he say? Did he defend himself or did hje get nasty?

Pale Rider
07-20-2007, 07:02 PM
OK... I've been conspicuously absent from this thread too... basically because nm is a brother Nevadian. But I can hold my piece no longer... I think, and no offense intended nm, that you have been posting "primarily," for no other reason other than to up your post count. I appears getting to the top was some sort of game to you. A conquest. Be on top. Well now you are, but in the process you've pissed off just about everybody on the board. Most of us have been posting together on this board and the old one for a long time now. Some of us personally know Jimmy and have either talked with him on the phone or met him, or both. We like the boards he's created for us and try not to abuse them. So, sorry bud, but it looks a whole lot like you've abused the board. What you've been doing here hasn't had a lot to do with genuine discussion. It's been about posting just to be the top poster, and I think it would be hard for you to deny that. So I would suggest nm, to just cool it. If you have something of value to start a thread with, do it. If you have an opinion that you feel is genuine and will add to the debate, post it. But if all you're going to do is post smileys and quickie little nothings, don't. You'll be a whole lot more popular here. Right now, you're not doing so well.

jackass
07-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Pale...I think you out is well as could be out! :clap:

82Marine89
07-20-2007, 07:19 PM
Page 5 and he is still conspicuously absent from this thread.

Can someone also ask him to buy a spell check? Poor grammar is one of my pet peeves. :poke:

Pale Rider
07-20-2007, 07:35 PM
Page 5 and he is still conspicuously absent from this thread.

Can someone also ask him to buy a spell check? Poor grammar is one of my pet peeves. :poke:

Google toolbar (http://toolbar.google.com/T4/index_pack.html) has a built in spell checker, and a whole lot more. Page ranking, autolink, search, browse, keyword finder, and much more. Good add on actually...

Abbey Marie
07-20-2007, 08:40 PM
Ohh...was it Jim??

Well, I used to live in NYC. Hmmm....

82Marine89
07-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Well, I used to live in NYC. Hmmm....

Me too, but it wasn't liberal enough for me and I felt the need to be more of a minority, so I moved to San Diego.

shattered
07-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Seems he's read this thread, and slinked off to cause havoc on the other board, instead of simply giving people the common courtesy of a response, or just stopping.. 133 posts in approx. 24 hours, including threats. Nice. Pfft.

:fu:

hjmick
07-20-2007, 10:32 PM
Okay, this is good. Note to self: Don't be a post whore. Got it.

shattered
07-20-2007, 10:34 PM
Okay, this is good. Note to self: Don't be a post whore. Got it.

At less than 10 posts a day, all of those with actual words, I doubt you qualify. :D

LiberalNation
07-20-2007, 10:38 PM
I would post whore but don't have time. Besides posting a bunch of news stories is work. First you have to find them, then cut and paste the title, then cut and paste the lick, then cut and past the actual stories, then edit out the advertisment crap, then think up some commentary to go with. Way too much work just for the hell of it.

hjmick
07-20-2007, 10:42 PM
At less than 10 posts a day, all of those with actual words, I doubt you qualify. :D

Yeah, but I'm still a rookie here, kind of shy and all. :scared:

OCA
07-20-2007, 11:08 PM

Well long time no see. Must've taken a while this time to get over your HIV induced pneumonia.:fu:

OCA
07-20-2007, 11:11 PM
That will only lead to an ulcer, monkeyass! I think it's already clear that he doesn't care what you say on this matter anyway.

Maybe he has YOU on ignore! :laugh2:

Kinda figured he did, that is the pussy's way out. Guess i'll just have to bombard him through pm then and if that fails......... email.

I will not be ignored.

OCA
07-20-2007, 11:14 PM
OK... I've been conspicuously absent from this thread too... basically because nm is a brother Nevadian. But I can hold my piece no longer... I think, and no offense intended nm, that you have been posting "primarily," for no other reason other than to up your post count. I appears getting to the top was some sort of game to you. A conquest. Be on top. Well now you are, but in the process you've pissed off just about everybody on the board. Most of us have been posting together on this board and the old one for a long time now. Some of us personally know Jimmy and have either talked with him on the phone or met him, or both. We like the boards he's created for us and try not to abuse them. So, sorry bud, but it looks a whole lot like you've abused the board. What you've been doing here hasn't had a lot to do with genuine discussion. It's been about posting just to be the top poster, and I think it would be hard for you to deny that. So I would suggest nm, to just cool it. If you have something of value to start a thread with, do it. If you have an opinion that you feel is genuine and will add to the debate, post it. But if all you're going to do is post smileys and quickie little nothings, don't. You'll be a whole lot more popular here. Right now, you're not doing so well.

Pale you hit the nail on the head brother, can't rep ya but will when I can.

OCA
07-20-2007, 11:17 PM
Seems he's read this thread, and slinked off to cause havoc on the other board, instead of simply giving people the common courtesy of a response, or just stopping.. 133 posts in approx. 24 hours, including threats. Nice. Pfft.

Other board? USMB? Where are these threats you speak of?

82Marine89
07-21-2007, 12:07 AM

What other board?

jimnyc
07-21-2007, 06:14 AM
What other board?

Where the majority of us came from. The site I used to own...

www.us mess age board. com

Without the spaces of course :)

Pale Rider
07-21-2007, 08:36 AM
I would post whore but don't have time. Besides posting a bunch of news stories is work. First you have to find them, then cut and paste the title, then cut and paste the lick, then cut and past the actual stories, then edit out the advertisment crap, then think up some commentary to go with. Way too much work just for the hell of it.

And all that "work" is nothing more than making a few clicks on a mouse with your finger. Damn... you really that lazy?

Pale Rider
07-21-2007, 08:41 AM
Pale you hit the nail on the head brother, can't rep ya but will when I can.

In your case, knowing how rare of an occassion it is that you hand out rep, it's the thought that counts, you cow chip throwin' rodeo mutha FUCK! :D

Sir Evil
07-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Well long time no see. Must've taken a while this time to get over your HIV induced pneumonia.:fu:

:lol:

:slap:

:finger3:

Sir Evil
07-21-2007, 11:22 AM
Too many posts by a user? More threads, more posts, it all looks good for the board in general. What a bunch of nitpicking fuckers over here..:D

Said1
07-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Too many posts by a user? More threads, more posts, it all looks good for the board in general. What a bunch of nitpicking fuckers over here..:D

I'll say. They even asked him to stop and he didn't. Someone should call his mom.

Yurt
07-21-2007, 09:53 PM
The poll is exactly the kind of poll that we republicans bitch about the dems making. It is fixed. There is no in between. YET, you are targeting ONE person. I have been there DMP and have checked his site after you claimed the posts were virtually identically and they are not. Many of drudges links are all over the net. Personally, I like getting my news here, sorry it bothers you. :dunno:

I also cannot find a poster "whore" on this board who posts "EVERYTHING I can find on drudge." So what exactly is the purpose of this thread?

And no one poster controls the "entire" board. Or do they? Is control simply the number of posts? Or is it the ability to say I will run off those I don't like? And then those postes never return and the number of posters decline.

I hate spam. Let there be no question. But I dislike confines that restrict this board to one idea. I thought this board was about being open, not about closing off those whom we don't like. If I misunderstood Jim's opening mission statement, no worries. But why run people off? Why not debate? A

My honest question:

What harm have those posts done? I have replied to posts long gone, that I missed, for I don't check every post, every thread, every day. What exactly is the harm?

OCA
07-22-2007, 10:41 AM
The poll is exactly the kind of poll that we republicans bitch about the dems making. It is fixed. There is no in between. YET, you are targeting ONE person. I have been there DMP and have checked his site after you claimed the posts were virtually identically and they are not. Many of drudges links are all over the net. Personally, I like getting my news here, sorry it bothers you. :dunno:

I also cannot find a poster "whore" on this board who posts "EVERYTHING I can find on drudge." So what exactly is the purpose of this thread?

And no one poster controls the "entire" board. Or do they? Is control simply the number of posts? Or is it the ability to say I will run off those I don't like? And then those postes never return and the number of posters decline.

I hate spam. Let there be no question. But I dislike confines that restrict this board to one idea. I thought this board was about being open, not about closing off those whom we don't like. If I misunderstood Jim's opening mission statement, no worries. But why run people off? Why not debate? A

My honest question:

What harm have those posts done? I have replied to posts long gone, that I missed, for I don't check every post, every thread, every day. What exactly is the harm?

The harm as I see it Yurt is not in the number of posts but in the QUALITY of the posts, when one logs on and sees that this poster has 90% of the last posts in all forums(and that is usually where I go to guide myself when first logging on) and 85% of those posts are all one liner rah rah bullshit and smilies then it becomes a chore wading through those to find something substantive. It looks almost like he posts anything in order to be top poster, its as if he bases his self esteem off of that.

Just want him to pick the quality up is all but someone else will have to tell him that, it seems he took the pussy's way out and put me on ignore and i've been holding off on taking him through pm.

Yurt
07-22-2007, 11:58 AM
The harm as I see it Yurt is not in the number of posts but in the QUALITY of the posts, when one logs on and sees that this poster has 90% of the last posts in all forums(and that is usually where I go to guide myself when first logging on) and 85% of those posts are all one liner rah rah bullshit and smilies then it becomes a chore wading through those to find something substantive. It looks almost like he posts anything in order to be top poster, its as if he bases his self esteem off of that.

Just want him to pick the quality up is all but someone else will have to tell him that, it seems he took the pussy's way out and put me on ignore and i've been holding off on taking him through pm.

fair enough :cool:

Pale Rider
07-25-2007, 03:30 PM
Looks like the board has a NEW post whore. Anyone care to venture a guess?