PDA

View Full Version : 18-month-old boy repeatedly swung like a bat against the wall

darin
07-19-2007, 01:26 PM
WOW. One Pistol. One Bullet. Here's a guy who should literally be shot on the spot. We need to remove him from the gene pool.

:(

CINCINNATI -- A judge ruled that a teenager will be tried as an adult for the death of an 18-month-old boy whose mother testified that he was repeatedly swung like a bat against the wall when the teen became frustrated during toilet training.

Derris Smith, 18, the mother's live-in boyfriend, has been charged with murder. He was 17 on June 27, when, police said, he delivered the beating that led to Malakai Glenn's death four days later.

The impact of the child hitting the wall left drywall stuck to his head and cracked a wooden door, said the boy's mother Sasha Glenn, 20, who cried often during her testimony Wednesday.

(HEARTBREAKING)
"When I picked him up he put his arms around me," Glenn said. "He was staring at me for a minute with big eyes, then he went limp." The child never regained consciousness and died after being hospitalized at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center.

Read more:

http://www.kirotv.com/mostpopular/13712033/detail.html

Kathianne
07-19-2007, 01:51 PM
WOW. One Pistol. One Bullet. Here's a guy who should literally be shot on the spot. We need to remove him from the gene pool.

Horrible, I can't 'read more.' That was enough.

nevadamedic
07-19-2007, 01:55 PM

This guy is definatly one of those that would have resisted arrest if I was a cop, or so I would say, just so I could use excessive force against him.

Kathianne
07-19-2007, 01:59 PM
This guy is definatly one of those that would have resisted arrest if I was a cop, or so I would say, just so I could use excessive force against him.

You were a cop?

nevadamedic
07-19-2007, 02:15 PM
You were a cop?

Nope, but if i was this and I got to arrest him he would have got his ass beat and would have said he resisted :)

Kathianne
07-19-2007, 02:18 PM
Nope, but if i was this and I got to arrest him he would have got his ass beat and would have said he resisted :)

My brother has been for over 25 years, that didn't sound like a 'cop' response. ;)

nevadamedic
07-19-2007, 02:32 PM
My brother has been for over 25 years, that didn't sound like a 'cop' response. ;)

A cop response would be that he resisted arrest or mysteriously fell out of the cop car on the way to the station. :laugh2:

Kathianne
07-19-2007, 02:39 PM
A cop response would be that he resisted arrest or mysteriously fell out of the cop car on the way to the station. :laugh2:

You do not understand, at least in a department with standards. So do you want your kids attending schools where the teachers implement their codes of right and wrong?

Gaffer
07-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Guys like that never do resist. They are to chicken shit.

It is by far the hardest part of the job. To not beat the SOB to death on the spot.

Kathianne
07-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Guys like that never do resist. They are to chicken shit.

It is by far the hardest part of the job. To not beat the SOB to death on the spot.

Exactly. The bottom line, the police arrest, the attorneys argue for justice. It's the system.

nevadamedic
07-19-2007, 02:48 PM
You do not understand, at least in a department with standards. So do you want your kids attending schools where the teachers implement their codes of right and wrong?

Of course not. But it happens all the time with police. Thats why when they were talking on Nancy Grace about that guy in New York that was beating up the old women and robbing them two attorneys one a prosecutor advised that he go down to the CNN building if he was going to turn himself in because the cops would hurt him if they wern't in the public's eye when he was arrested. It's human nature.

glockmail
07-19-2007, 04:15 PM

Cops did that twice in Dryden, NY while I was living near there. One was this dude that killed a young family of four and tried to burn the house to hide the evidence, then went on a spending spree with their credit cards. The second was a guy who killed two little girls and tried to hide that evidence by putting them through a tree chipper, and spreading their remains over several miles of back country roads. I knew a "local" real well who worked with a few fire departments and all those guys new the real story.

Hagbard Celine
07-19-2007, 04:36 PM
I don't like cops. Everytime I encounter one, he or she insists on ruining my day and draining my bank account of around $300. Pretty :lame2:if you ask me.

This kid will probably get manslaughter and will use the "rage" defense in court.

nevadamedic
07-19-2007, 05:35 PM
I don't like cops. Everytime I encounter one, he or she insists on ruining my day and draining my bank account of around $300. Pretty :lame2:if you ask me.

This kid will probably get manslaughter and will use the "rage" defense in court.

Quit breaking the law! :laugh2:

Mr. P
07-19-2007, 05:54 PM

This just infuriates me!..I flew several children in similar situations (only one lived). I felt so helpless with these babies suffering within my reach, but I couldn't help them. I felt so lost.

This story brings it all back.....
Brings tears to my eyes to this day.

Sorry folks..just had to type about it...

nevadamedic
07-19-2007, 06:11 PM
This just infuriates me!..I flew several children in similar situations (only one lived). I felt so helpless with these babies suffering within my reach, but I couldn't help them. I felt so lost.

This story brings it all back.....
Brings tears to my eyes to this day.

Sorry folks..just had to type about it...

I only had to deal with it once and that was during my clinical time to get my EMT Intermediate. I had to step out of the situation because the little girl was the same age as my daughter. It's wasn't this bad though, the mother brought her daughter to the ER and said she fell off a swing, likely story she was bruised from heat to foot and a cuple of them were handprint bruises. Then the father showed up and started yelling at the mother for bringing the daughter, security restrained him and called the cops, they had to anyways to report the bruising. It turned out the he was beating the mother and daughter, it was absolutly sick.

Trigg
07-19-2007, 07:23 PM
What is really sad is the mother was willing to lie for the sick son of a b**ch, telling the police the child fell down the stairs, until she realized the baby wasn't going to recover.

The mother should be vilified for even thinking of covering for him.

waterrescuedude2000
07-19-2007, 07:35 PM
I say they should use a baseball bat on him. He swung the kid like a bat well we should be swinging a bat at him until hes dead.
we call this an eye for an eye. AND DONT GIVE ME THIS CRAP ABOUT AN EYE FOR AN EYE LEAVES THE WHOLE WORLD BLIND. Thats what a liberal would say

nevadamedic
07-19-2007, 08:46 PM
What is really sad is the mother was willing to lie for the sick son of a b**ch, telling the police the child fell down the stairs, until she realized the baby wasn't going to recover.

The mother should be vilified for even thinking of covering for him.

Im not making excuses for her but she probably was victimized herself, and could have been afraid to tell the truth.

Trigg
07-22-2007, 12:15 PM
Im not making excuses for her but she probably was victimized herself, and could have been afraid to tell the truth.

We don't know she was vicimized and until then she has earned my disgust for even thinking of covering for someone who did this to her child.