PDA

View Full Version : My Newest Lt. Commander

NightTrain
04-30-2016, 01:22 PM
My grandson - the little shaver immediately had his hand on the throttle as soon as we sat down in the driver's seat yesterday.

This was in the driveway... if it's warm enough, I think we'll put the boat in the lake tomorrow so he can begin learning the finer points of riverboat handling! He'll be jumping logs by 4 if we start now. :thumb:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8843&stc=1

Kathianne
04-30-2016, 04:36 PM
My grandson - the little shaver immediately had his hand on the throttle as soon as we sat down in the driver's seat yesterday.

This was in the driveway... if it's warm enough, I think we'll put the boat in the lake tomorrow so he can begin learning the finer points of riverboat handling! He'll be jumping logs by 4 if we start now. :thumb:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8843&stc=1

I did not KNOW you had a grandson! So cool to be a young grandpa! He's adorable!

aboutime
04-30-2016, 04:47 PM
I did not KNOW you had a grandson! So cool to be a young grandpa! He's adorable!

Most people WILL NEVER fully understand what being a Grandfather/Mother means.

I know it demonstrates the first reality that defines UNCONDITIONAL LOVE from the little ones.:clap:

NightTrain
04-30-2016, 06:14 PM

Not biologically - he is my ex-wife's daughter's son. But I raised her from when she was an infant, so that's close enough!

I think I'm really starting to get into this grandpa business... I'm trying to figure out a way to hold him and help him reel in a salmon here in a couple months, and I think with my big camping chair next to the river we can pull that off. Maybe we'll start with a trout before tackling a salmon.

Abbey Marie
05-01-2016, 12:01 AM
Lucky boy to have Mt. Nighttrain as a role model and mentor.

:salute:

darin
05-02-2016, 12:58 AM
Grandson? If he learns from you, old man, he'll spend his time in the left-lane (of the river) with the right blinker stuck on for an hour.

:D

I can't imagine the cool things a grandkid will bring. Very proud of you, Rick. You've got a great thing up there. (thatswhatshesaid)

NightTrain
05-02-2016, 06:31 AM
Lucky boy to have Mt. Nighttrain as a role model and mentor.

Thank you Abs, that means a lot.

Grandson? If he learns from you, old man, he'll spend his time in the left-lane (of the river) with the right blinker stuck on for an hour.

:D

I can't imagine the cool things a grandkid will bring. Very proud of you, Rick. You've got a great thing up there. (thatswhatshesaid)

The closest I have to a blinker are the Nav Lights... and he is utterly fascinated with all the switches on the dash, so it might look like the blinker is on whenever he's within reach!

And thanks man.

CSM
05-02-2016, 06:37 AM
and that right there is a prime example of what "good parenting" (or "good grand-parenting") looks like!!!!