PDA

View Full Version : Board get together - December 4th 2016

jimnyc
05-01-2016, 12:19 PM
We've always mentioned something like this but I don't think anyone ever truly gives it a thought longer than a minute or so. But wouldn't it be cool if we all magically got together at the bar around 7pm and partied the night away, even if it was all just chatting? :) I think all we ever needed was to get folks off of their butts, give them an actual reason to travel. This should get anybody and everybody wanting to travel!!

Sunday, December the 4th of this year, the crappy New York Giants will enter Heinz Field to play the mighty Pittsburgh Steelers!

Anyone game? How awesome would that be? I thought about my BIL who is a Giants fan, but he would get me arrested within 5 minutes, starting fights with Steelers fans at every turn. :) The woman doesn't want to travel, even though I told her it was on my bucket list. (went to Three Rivers in 1998)

So we know this will never happen. I can barely get you bastards to participate in Steelers threads, so getting anyone out to Western Pennsylvania wouldn't be easy!

But what WOULD get everyone to even THINK about getting together? How could we maximize the most wanting to come? Where would be some of the best locations on the map? Who would REALLY go if something were arranged? I know I would be willing to travel, that would be sweet!! I think we should have it in NYC, and I would travel there. :lol: :laugh2:

Shit, traveling to Pittsburgh would be an 8-10 drive for me. Flying though wouldn't be so bad. Might be costlier, but less driving for my lazy ass.

Gunny
05-01-2016, 12:26 PM
We've always mentioned something like this but I don't think anyone ever truly gives it a thought longer than a minute or so. But wouldn't it be cool if we all magically got together at the bar around 7pm and partied the night away, even if it was all just chatting? :) I think all we ever needed was to get folks off of their butts, give them an actual reason to travel. This should get anybody and everybody wanting to travel!!

Sunday, December the 4th of this year, the crappy New York Giants will enter Heinz Field to play the mighty Pittsburgh Steelers!

Anyone game? How awesome would that be? I thought about my BIL who is a Giants fan, but he would get me arrested within 5 minutes, starting fights with Steelers fans at every turn. :) The woman doesn't want to travel, even though I told her it was on my bucket list. (went to Three Rivers in 1998)

So we know this will never happen. I can barely get you bastards to participate in Steelers threads, so getting anyone out to Western Pennsylvania wouldn't be easy!

But what WOULD get everyone to even THINK about getting together? How could we maximize the most wanting to come? Where would be some of the best locations on the map? Who would REALLY go if something were arranged? I know I would be willing to travel, that would be sweet!! I think we should have it in NYC, and I would travel there. :lol: :laugh2:

Shit, traveling to Pittsburgh would be an 8-10 drive for me. Flying though wouldn't be so bad. Might be costlier, but less driving for my lazy ass.

It might be nice but do you realize you're 2K miles away from some of us? I don't like y'all THAT much. Those of us that live out west ain't making that drive. Especially when I'm not allowed to party anymore.

It WOULD be interesting. I'd like to see some of you in person. And I don't mean that in a mean way. Just curiosity. And I damned sure wouldn't want to be around your ass in a Steelers game. Geez. Bring on ISIS. :laugh:

jimnyc
05-01-2016, 12:31 PM
It might be nice but do you realize you're 2K miles away from some of us? I don't like y'all THAT much. Those of us that live out west ain't making that drive. Especially when I'm not allowed to party anymore.

It WOULD be interesting. I'd like to see some of you in person. And I don't mean that in a mean way. Just curiosity. And I damned sure wouldn't want to be around your ass in a Steelers game. Geez. Bring on ISIS. :laugh:

Imagine if the Steelers were losing? I would have to hate all of you for bringing me bad luck!! :)

I know, bastard, and 3,000 miles from those in Cali! I wonder, is anyone rich enough that they own their own little private jet? :dunno:

Hell, I'd hit Texas or Cali if there were ever truly a get together, and I would fly of course. No way I drive that far. But I think putting some faces to the words, and finally meeting some of the folks from DP would be awesome! It was AWESOME that I met hjmick . Didn't hurt that I was already heading into Charleston, but would have headed there from my Dad's anyway. Hell, I'd go out west if there were at least like 5 of us getting together.

And yeah, my partying days consist of a beer or 2 and maybe a bottle of tequila! :) Just have everyone meet at a hotel with a bar in the lobby, this way no DUI's and we can all crawl home at the end of the night!

Gunny
05-01-2016, 12:34 PM
Imagine if the Steelers were losing? I would have to hate all of you for bringing me bad luck!! :)

I know, bastard, and 3,000 miles from those in Cali! I wonder, is anyone rich enough that they own their own little private jet? :dunno:

Hell, I'd hit Texas or Cali if there were ever truly a get together, and I would fly of course. No way I drive that far. But I think putting some faces to the words, and finally meeting some of the folks from DP would be awesome! It was AWESOME that I met @hjmick (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=208) . Didn't hurt that I was already heading into Charleston, but would have headed there from my Dad's anyway. Hell, I'd go out west if there were at least like 5 of us getting together.

And yeah, my partying days consist of a beer or 2 and maybe a bottle of tequila! :) Just have everyone meet at a hotel with a bar in the lobby, this way no DUI's and we can all crawl home at the end of the night!

Maybe we can get Billary to give us a ride on hers?

And hating me over the Steelers losing (to the NYG, really?) won't be as bad as me hating you. And you don't want me anywhere near tequila. You've seen me onscreen drinking that stuff. I'm WAY worse in real life.

Noir
05-01-2016, 12:38 PM
But i'm stuck on an Island D:

jimnyc
05-01-2016, 12:55 PM

Who says? Maybe we can just have our get together in Northern Ireland!! :laugh:

Gunny
05-01-2016, 03:33 PM
Who says? Maybe we can just have our get together in Northern Ireland!! :laugh:

You figure the odds on THAT. That requires getting on a plane or a boat. I'll pass. I WAS however thinking Wales. That's where Drummond lives. I'd actually like to meet him.

jimnyc
05-01-2016, 03:37 PM
You figure the odds on THAT. That requires getting on a plane or a boat. I'll pass. I WAS however thinking Wales. That's where Drummond lives. I'd actually like to meet him.

No doubt, and I wouldn't mind hopping over the pond for a visit to see things anyway. I'm a bit of a tabloid reader when it comes to the royals. Wouldn't mind seeing the new princess either, she's kinda hot, and maybe she can hook me up with her little sister. :)

We can get Noir to hop on a row boat and make it over to the mainland!

Gunny
05-01-2016, 03:41 PM
No doubt, and I wouldn't mind hopping over the pond for a visit to see things anyway. I'm a bit of a tabloid reader when it comes to the royals. Wouldn't mind seeing the new princess either, she's kinda hot, and maybe she can hook me up with her little sister. :)

:laugh2:

jimnyc
05-01-2016, 03:55 PM
:laugh2:

Well think about it, I would even be willing to buy an airline ticket for him, but I'm more than confident that it would offend him, that he doesn't want to pollute and make things work for global warming, so he surely will prefer man produced power on the high seas. :)

NightTrain
05-01-2016, 04:11 PM
Noir can borrow my kayak.

jimnyc
05-01-2016, 04:23 PM
Noir can borrow my kayak.

Any paddles?

Gunny
05-01-2016, 04:27 PM
Any paddles?

Now where would the fun in that be? :laugh:

jimnyc
05-01-2016, 04:33 PM
Now where would the fun in that be? :laugh:

I think you can still move without paddles. I've seen some of them knuckleheads riding the rapids, and they can at least still do circles, or stick their entire body under the water while still in the damn thing!

But to be fair, maybe we give him a few paddles, at least give him a shot at getting away from the whales...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u-MW7vF0-Y

LongTermGuy
05-01-2016, 04:35 PM

​Game that would be entertaining ...lets go to an fun place..I can do 3-4 days off....drive time and recuperation....:beer::slap:

​**WARNING (couple of boobies shots in this video) Beware: 21 and over to view!!! ***

:laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LosJBmssN1w

And / Or...for the older members here..we can stop here first....:salute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khG5ZlppKhw

jimnyc
05-01-2016, 04:38 PM
"Tito & Tarantula - Angry Cockroaches"

Best ever band name and song combo!! :laugh2:

Gunny
05-01-2016, 04:53 PM
​Game that would be entertaining ...lets go to an fun place..I can do 3-4 days off....drive time and recuperation....:beer::slap:

​**WARNING (couple of boobies shots in this video) Beware: 21 and over to view!!! ***

:laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LosJBmssN1w

And / Or...for the older members here..we can stop here first....:salute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khG5ZlppKhw

You ain't paying much attention, junior. It'd take a lot of us 3-4 days just to get there. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
05-01-2016, 05:44 PM

Kinda hot? She's perfection! I have a major girl-crush on Kate.

Anyway, to be fair to everyone, I think the best place for a get-together is a cruise. Yes?

ETA: after seeing LTGs idea of a meetup place, never mind.

Gunny
05-01-2016, 06:12 PM
Kinda hot? She's perfection! I have a major girl-crush on Kate.

Anyway, to be fair to everyone, I think the best place for a get-together is a cruise. Yes?

ETA: after seeing LTGs idea of a meetup place, never mind.

Yeah, you just hold your breath getting me back on another ship. I'm out of the Corps and you can't make me. Sound like my second wife. I come back from 200 + days of sea time and she says "let's go on on a cruise". :wtf:

jimnyc
05-01-2016, 06:17 PM
I would LOVE to go on a cruise, and there are so many options. But I think I would regret my decision within minutes of boarding. Me and water have a love/hate relationship. Love being around it, whether beaches or boats, but nothing good ever comes of it. Last time I was on a boat far enough out to where you couldn't see land, I had vowed I would never go out again. :laugh:

LongTermGuy
05-01-2016, 06:42 PM
I would LOVE to go on a cruise, and there are so many options. But I think I would regret my decision within minutes of boarding. Me and water have a love/hate relationship. Love being around it, whether beaches or boats, but nothing good ever comes of it. Last time I was on a boat far enough out to where you couldn't see land, I had vowed I would never go out again. :laugh:

A small 7 day "specialty" Cruise with just our members here would be fun...few drinks..good food...and great face to face conversations...:)

Drummond
05-01-2016, 06:57 PM

What's more, I'm stuck on another island, with Noir as my nearest DP neighbour !!! :omg:

Abbey Marie
05-01-2016, 06:57 PM

We never felt the water. Though there were 17 decks and the Mediterranean was as calm as could be!

jimnyc
05-01-2016, 07:01 PM
A small 7 day "specialty" Cruise with just our members here would be fun...few drinks..good food...and great face to face conversations...:)

I'm down for that, but I think we lost Gunny already with any talk about being out on the water :laugh:

We can all just meet up on vacation, and just coincidentally go on vacation to a place like Florida, or Pittsburgh. :)

jimnyc
05-01-2016, 07:02 PM
We never felt the water. Though there were 17 decks and the Mediterranean was as calm as could be!

What about when you were docked?

Biggest thing I ever went on was one of those yachts that go around Manhattan. Not a crappy one, but I mean a NICE yacht. But when I first got on, before they revved her up - I nearly lost it watching my friend get married. Then they started her up and moved on out, and no sooner than she got moving, I felt better.

Noir
05-01-2016, 07:03 PM
What's more, I'm stuck on another island, with Noir as my nearest DP neighbour !!! :omg:

I'm heading across to England next month, we can have our own get together, don't need these other treason descended guys'n'dolls.

Abbey Marie
05-01-2016, 07:04 PM
What about when you were docked?

Biggest thing I ever went on was one of those yachts that go around Manhattan. Not a crappy one, but I mean a NICE yacht. But when I first got on, before they revved her up - I nearly lost it watching my friend get married. Then they started her up and moved on out, and no sooner than she got moving, I felt better.

Nothing at all. In fact, we slept through it.

jimnyc
05-01-2016, 07:21 PM
I'm heading across to England next month, we can have our own get together, don't need these other treason descended guys'n'dolls.
Drummond - I will give you $50 if you drive Noir to the muslim "no go zone" area, give him a beer and kick his ass out the car. :laugh: :beer:

Drummond
05-01-2016, 07:30 PM

.. h'mmm ....... :eek:

Drummond
05-01-2016, 07:32 PM
@Drummond (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=2287) - I will give you $50 if you drive Noir to the muslim "no go zone" area, give him a beer and kick his ass out the car. :laugh: :beer:

.. h'mmm ...... :laugh::laugh:

NightTrain
05-01-2016, 09:05 PM

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Nice! Funny stuff.

darin
05-02-2016, 12:47 AM
$900 r/t frankfurt to Pittsburgh....hrm...

CSM
05-02-2016, 05:34 AM
Just got back from a cruise and saw this. Got on in San Juan and ended in NJ. 7 days; best part is it was free. Thank you, wife unit! I would love to meet some of the folks on this Board. Trade a few war stories with the vets and ogle the women.... sounds like a great time!

Abbey Marie
05-02-2016, 10:40 AM
Just got back from a cruise and saw this. Got on in San Juan and ended in NJ. 7 days; best part is it was free. Thank you, wife unit! I would love to meet some of the folks on this Board. Trade a few war stories with the vets and ogle the women.... sounds like a great time!

i think we women are past the ogle stage (I should just speak for myself!), but we may just be ogling ya'll. :eek:

Gunny
05-02-2016, 10:45 AM

Damned dirtbag. :laugh:

gabosaurus
05-02-2016, 01:15 PM
Southern California, yo! The weather will be better and you can support whatever team you want. I can introduce Jim to my friend Katie. Not only is she a massive Steelers fan, but she looks like a linebacker and has large, um, pectoral muscles.

fj1200
05-02-2016, 01:17 PM
...December the 4th of this year...

:slap:

:cough: Charleston in April. :cough:

Gunny
05-02-2016, 02:34 PM
Southern California, yo! The weather will be better and you can support whatever team you want. I can introduce Jim to my friend Katie. Not only is she a massive Steelers fan, but she looks like a linebacker and has large, um, pectoral muscles.

I'd rather get back on a ship than return to that shit hole. Spent enough of my life there. The only advantage I would have is I know where everything is. But I'd give that place to Israel, move the out of the ME and tell them take what you want. You can have your private little country right here just to shut everyone the Hell up. And you can send your school kids in on the first wave. What's a CA lefty going to do? Fight back? :omg::rofl1:

Trigg
05-02-2016, 02:54 PM
Pittsburgh in December :freezing:

darin
05-03-2016, 01:05 AM

Why would we go there? You aren't there - WAIT! That's the BEST reason to go to SOCAL - because you're in texas! Lying dirtbag.

CSM
05-03-2016, 06:46 AM
i think we women are past the ogle stage (I should just speak for myself!), but we may just be ogling ya'll. :eek:

I think all women are worth looking at... I just can't remember WHY.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-03-2016, 08:06 AM

My wife forbids my ogling, so I JUST DROOL A BIT MORE!!!
SO SHE JUST BOUGHT ME A BIB. :laugh:--TYR

Gunny
05-03-2016, 08:15 AM
Y'all are juvenile delinquents. :laugh:

CSM
05-03-2016, 08:28 AM
Y'all are juvenile delinquents. :laugh:

juvenile: maybe...delinquent: hardly ever....

Gunny
05-03-2016, 08:37 AM
juvenile: maybe...delinquent: hardly ever....

Time for Gunny's rant on civvies .... 20 minute late is NOT cutting it. I backed my boys up to showing up at 0630 because that 0715 show up apparently was too much of a burden. And that doesn't mean show up at 0714, eat your breakfast and then get your gear on.

And just so you know, Sergeant Major, I was waiting for you to say that the second I hit enter. I looked at it and said he ain't gonna take that well. :laugh: I stand corrected. :)

CSM
05-03-2016, 08:50 AM
Time for Gunny's rant on civvies .... 20 minute late is NOT cutting it. I backed my boys up to showing up at 0630 because that 0715 show up apparently was too much of a burden. And that doesn't mean show up at 0714, eat your breakfast and then get your gear on.

And just so you know, Sergeant Major, I was waiting for you to say that the second I hit enter. I looked at it and said he ain't gonna take that well. :laugh: I stand corrected. :)

heh...it's the military mindset.... nothing sets me off like hearing some soldier tell me he/she is going to be "late". I realize that shit happens and I can adjust for that but being "late" because they slept in or have a hang over is one sure way to ensure unscheduled training with the CSM. Unscheduled training is ALWAYS more fun than anything ....

Gunny
05-03-2016, 08:56 AM
heh...it's the military mindset.... nothing sets me off like hearing some soldier tell me he/she is going to be "late". I realize that shit happens and I can adjust for that but being "late" because they slept in or have a hang over is one sure way to ensure unscheduled training with the CSM. Unscheduled training is ALWAYS more fun than anything ....

I LOVED unscheduled training. That's payback time. Your PC world ends where your boots and utes meet the sand on that beach. And I'd run them into the water. I haven't been called asshole for no reason. :laugh:

jimnyc
05-03-2016, 01:21 PM

Don't EVER say pectoral muscles when speaking of women, my first thought is lesbo or tranny! (oh, not that there is anything wrong with either).

jimnyc
05-03-2016, 01:21 PM
:slap:

:cough: Charleston in April. :cough:

I admit to being confused. Why Charleston and why April? Is this some great reference that I am sucking at remembering?

jimnyc
05-03-2016, 01:24 PM
Pittsburgh in December :freezing:

No doubt, no doubt!! But I would be there mainly for the game, and laughing at the Giants fans anywhere around me!! And they have ways to keep you warm there - http://www.smileysnetwork.com/alcool/alcool24.gif

Gunny
05-03-2016, 01:25 PM
Don't EVER say pectoral muscles when speaking of women, my first thought is lesbo or tranny! (oh, not that there is anything wrong with either).

Might want to retract that one. I'm still laughing.:laugh: You're such a goof sometimes.

fj1200
05-03-2016, 01:35 PM
I admit to being confused. Why Charleston and why April? Is this some great reference that I am sucking at remembering?

Because it's not during up north during the (almost) winter. And I imagine Charleston is just lovely in April while not ripping hot yet; Savannah is equally nice.

jimnyc
05-03-2016, 01:38 PM
Might want to retract that one. I'm still laughing.:laugh: You're such a goof sometimes.

Oh hell no, I'm not retracting, not unless in front of someone that's about to whoop my ass!! Ever see the bodybuilding "women"? That's what I was thinking, some of them scare me, literally. http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/sport/musculation/bancpoids.gif

jimnyc
05-03-2016, 01:39 PM
Because it's not during up north during the (almost) winter. And I imagine Charleston is just lovely in April while not ripping hot yet; Savannah is equally nice.

Damn, the most obvious reason and I missed it. Charleston is beautiful, and no doubt I would rather be there when the air actually moves, than in late July or August when the fountains they have on the waterfront look like heaven!

fj1200
05-03-2016, 01:41 PM
Damn, the most obvious reason and I missed it. Charleston is beautiful, and no doubt I would rather be there when the air actually moves, than in late July or August when the fountains they have on the waterfront look like heaven!

And I was considerate by not suggesting Jeff's place which is only an hour away. :cheers2:

jimnyc
05-03-2016, 01:47 PM
And I was considerate by not suggesting Jeff's place which is only an hour away. :cheers2:

My Dad used to be an hour away, in Lexington, SC. I think the ride to Jeff's would be a bit more than an hour, as I think it took Jeff like 3 hours to get to Dad's on his bike. All I know is that I'm lost once I get on 81 out there in Pennsy. Everywhere south of that - no milk served with the coffee, and one must ASK for it, and that's just too weird.