PDA

View Full Version : Colorado woman gets 100 years for cutting baby from womb

jimnyc
05-01-2016, 03:21 PM
I am thrilled with the decision, although the death penalty I think would have been more appropriate. But I am curious - and I wonder how many liberals are complaining that the sentence is too harsh, as all she did was terminate a pregnancy, that 'at least' she didn't take a life, or attempt to, when it comes to 'property', such as the baby inside the womb in this case. So why such a harsh sentence? :rolleyes:

-----

BOULDER, Colo. (AP) — A judge on Friday sentenced a Colorado woman who cut a baby from a stranger's womb to 100 years in prison, including the maximum penalties for attempted murder and unlawful termination of a pregnancy.

Judge Maria Berkenkotter said the harshest sentences for the most serious charges were justified by the brutality of the 2015 attack, which she described as performing a cesarean with a kitchen knife. Berkenkotter also said the victim, Michelle Wilkins, as well as her family and the community needed Dynel Lane, 36, to express remorse.

Lane murmured a "no" when the judge asked if she wanted to speak. Lane also did not speak in her defense during her trial, which ended in February when jurors found her guilty of attempting to kill Wilkins after luring her victim to her home with an ad for maternity clothes.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/colorado-woman-gets-100-years-cutting-baby-womb

Gunny
05-01-2016, 03:45 PM
I am thrilled with the decision, although the death penalty I think would have been more appropriate. But I am curious - and I wonder how many liberals are complaining that the sentence is too harsh, as all she did was terminate a pregnancy, that 'at least' she didn't take a life, or attempt to, when it comes to 'property', such as the baby inside the womb in this case. So why such a harsh sentence? :rolleyes:

-----

BOULDER, Colo. (AP) — A judge on Friday sentenced a Colorado woman who cut a baby from a stranger's womb to 100 years in prison, including the maximum penalties for attempted murder and unlawful termination of a pregnancy.

Judge Maria Berkenkotter said the harshest sentences for the most serious charges were justified by the brutality of the 2015 attack, which she described as performing a cesarean with a kitchen knife. Berkenkotter also said the victim, Michelle Wilkins, as well as her family and the community needed Dynel Lane, 36, to express remorse.

Lane murmured a "no" when the judge asked if she wanted to speak. Lane also did not speak in her defense during her trial, which ended in February when jurors found her guilty of attempting to kill Wilkins after luring her victim to her home with an ad for maternity clothes.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/colorado-woman-gets-100-years-cutting-baby-womb

One of the most infamous cases happened in KS. That bitch got the death penalty. There's just no excuse for this kind of crap. What are these people thinking? Do they not watch TV? You're not getting away with it nowadays. The forensics are going to bust your butt. But, they still go out and do it just like bait cars. Grow a brain. Geez. :laugh:

jimnyc
05-01-2016, 03:53 PM
One of the most infamous cases happened in KS. That bitch got the death penalty. There's just no excuse for this kind of crap. What are these people thinking? Do they not watch TV? You're not getting away with it nowadays. The forensics are going to bust your butt. But, they still go out and do it just like bait cars. Grow a brain. Geez. :laugh:

Forensics and getting caught don't matter to "people" like this. You have to be deranged, and your screws are gone, not just loose.

reason10
05-02-2016, 08:06 AM

-----

You wonder why it's harder and harder for writers like Stephen King to come up with horror novels that scare anyone. How does one compete with the horrors of real life?

Gunny
05-02-2016, 08:35 AM
Forensics and getting caught don't matter to "people" like this. You have to be deranged, and your screws are gone, not just loose.

This is where my logic crap hurts me. I can't even get in the mind of "WTF were you thinking?" Got dropped on your head too many times, or what?

The women that do this crap are usually faking a pregnancy to trap someone. They're attention whores. It's all about them. The one in KS got busted within 2 days. And I go back to bait cars.

Keys in the ignition, or on the hood, door wide open. Sure thing. :rolleyes: No setup here. :laugh:

Elessar
05-02-2016, 08:45 AM
Hopefully this animal will get shanked in prison.

Gunny
05-02-2016, 08:58 AM
Hopefully this animal will get shanked in prison.

Women aren't like men in prison. If this was guy, his butt would be locked down 23 hours a day for his own safety. Male prisoners don't play and they may be criminals, but even they have a code.