PDA

View Full Version : Think Cruz Will Drop If Loses IN?

Kathianne
05-03-2016, 08:51 AM
I think it's possible, if he wants to ever try again.

CSM
05-03-2016, 08:55 AM

Maybe not right away. I think he is holding out for a contested convention and will hang in there as long as he can.

Kathianne
05-03-2016, 09:01 AM
Maybe not right away. I think he is holding out for a contested convention and will hang in there as long as he can.

Oh I agree he'll take some time, but while Cruz was way down my list, I do think he's a very intelligent guy. The 'elite' are now working at backing he whom the party has chosen. I think Cruz will get that.

From the get go of Trump's entrance into this contest, I've had very bad feelings about this. Now I'm just at the point of 'let's get on with it.' The country will face the Trump v Clinton and we'll see just how bad it's going to be.

Black Diamond
05-03-2016, 09:16 AM
Given Trump leads in California by 35 points....

Bilgerat
05-03-2016, 09:30 AM

Cruz's ego won't allow him to quit

Look at this

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/05/02/ted-cruz-confronts-donald-trump-supporters-in-indiana/

Cruz wouldn't just quit, he kept arguing

LongTermGuy
05-03-2016, 09:31 AM

yep....

Gunny
05-03-2016, 09:34 AM
The strategy here is simple. Take it to a contested convention and make the delegates choose. That means our votes don't count. Cruz is counting on the GOP delegates to go against the outsider. What he's actually doing is just adding to the problem.

I actually like Cruz better than his opposition. Note: I didn't say I am for Cruz. But, he's going to lose. Why, I don't know. He's playing a game where he thinks the establishment he has gone against is going to support him over the outsider. The RNC should have stepped in and taken control of this crap a year ago. Too late now.

Black Diamond
05-03-2016, 09:52 AM
The establishment seems to hate Cruz more than they hate trump.

jimnyc
05-03-2016, 01:19 PM
I don't believe he will. If he were going to, he would have done so once mathematically eliminated. I think he's in it until AND IF, Trump should reach 1,237. Until such time, Cruz has a valid chance at the convention on a 2nd ballot.

Black Diamond
05-03-2016, 01:25 PM
This could all come down to a basketball ring :)

Gunny
05-03-2016, 01:31 PM
This could all come down to a basketball ring :)

Octagon.

And, Mr Genius, you play basketball on a court, not a ring. And I'd whip all their asses provided enough drugs. In either arena. I'd LOVE to play ball with Obama. I'd kick his ass and be willing to spend two weeks recovering to do it. :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-03-2016, 01:32 PM

IF HE DOES NOT DROP AND THEN SUPPORT THE CHOSEN REPUBLICAN NOMINEE IN DEFEATING HILLARY THEN HE
IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE CHARLATAN THAT MANY CLAIM HE IS..
We shall soon see, any candidate that has dropped out of the race bt then goes on to support hillary should never ever get a conservative vote in their entire life!
And should be slapped down for clearly being lying hypocrite that they most surely are IMHO.-TYR

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-03-2016, 01:37 PM
I don't believe he will. If he were going to, he would have done so once mathematically eliminated. I think he's in it until AND IF, Trump should reach 1,237. Until such time, Cruz has a valid chance at the convention on a 2nd ballot.

WHICH TO SOME MAY LOOK LIKE TOUGHNESS, BRAVERY AND GREAT WILL TO WIN.
Yet to those far more discerning will be viewed as conniving, vindictive and willing to steal away the legitimate votes of the majority in order to win by a corrupt means!
Certainly it will mean that to me should it happen and he will be on my shit list but I'll still vote for him over the demon-witch hillary or the communist piece of shit Sanders.-Tyr

Gunny
05-03-2016, 01:56 PM
IF HE DOES NOT DROP AND THEN SUPPORT THE CHOSEN REPUBLICAN NOMINEE IN DEFEATING HILLARY THEN HE
IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE CHARLATAN THAT MANY CLAIM HE IS..
We shall soon see, any candidate that has dropped out of the race bt then goes on to support hillary should never ever get a conservative vote in their entire life!
And should be slapped down for the clearly being lying hypocrite that they most surely are IMHO.-TYR

Which is the pot and which is the kettle? Trump shouldn't even have been allowed to run as a Republican.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-03-2016, 02:06 PM
Which is the pot and which is the kettle? Trump shouldn't even have been allowed to run as a Republican.

Too late now to worry about no tank support or air-cover my friend.
As the saying goes-- "one goes to war with the army they have, not the one they wish for".
Politics being war played by civilians and all.
Just sayin'. :thumb:--Tyr

LongTermGuy
05-03-2016, 02:12 PM

....Like any "lone" Republican he would lose...Trump is candy to `all parties and all people`...and pulling all of them in...(something the expired "Republican" CARD) cant do anymore....times have changed *Trump Running as so called Republican is the best and only way to WIN ...and it seems the voters agree at this point...

*People are choosing the Man....what he has to say and promises to do...."Republican Democrat" terminology is finished...`IMO`...

LongTermGuy
05-03-2016, 02:13 PM
As the saying goes-- "one goes to war with the army they have, not the one they wish for".

Amen little Brotha!:laugh:

Abbey Marie
05-03-2016, 02:23 PM
Oh I agree he'll take some time, but while Cruz was way down my list, I do think he's a very intelligent guy. The 'elite' are now working at backing he whom the party has chosen. I think Cruz will get that.

From the get go of Trump's entrance into this contest, I've had very bad feelings about this. Now I'm just at the point of 'let's get on with it.' The country will face the Trump v Clinton and we'll see just how bad it's going to be.

Political fatigue is real. I got it after Obama's second unbelievable election. I think I still have a touch of it.

Black Diamond
05-03-2016, 02:25 PM
Octagon.

And, Mr Genius, you play basketball on a court, not a ring. And I'd whip all their asses provided enough drugs. In either arena. I'd LOVE to play ball with Obama. I'd kick his ass and be willing to spend two weeks recovering to do it. :laugh:
You would be Bill Laimbeer with Obama. No way you could resist.

Black Diamond
05-03-2016, 02:40 PM
Political fatigue is real. I got it after Obama's second unbelievable election. I think I still have a touch of it.

Yeah. I couldn't believe Romney lost after I supported him in spite of being too liberal.

jimnyc
05-03-2016, 03:17 PM

The 2nd election is when I became convinced that our country is filled with idiots.

Gunny
05-03-2016, 03:57 PM

No shit on that one.

Kathianne
05-03-2016, 04:30 PM
I think it's mourning for the country, but I'll take any diagnosis. ;)

namvet
05-03-2016, 05:01 PM
as long as Soro's money keeps pouring they'll stay the course