PDA

View Full Version : Is Cleveland ready for the GOP convention?

gabosaurus
05-04-2016, 07:59 PM
I have a feeling that the protests at the GOP convention in Cleveland will be worse that Chicago in 1968.
Not because the actions of Trump supporters or opposing Dems. But because of groups that will go looking for trouble.

I saw this in person when I went to the GOP convention in NYC in 2004. The majority of protests were peaceful. That doesn't make for good TV. They go looking for the violent groups that will do anything to get their point across. The anarchist types and the people who just like to get on TV.
That is what soured me on the protest movement. People like Michael Moore and Jesse Jackson, who are supposed to be opposed to each other, will actually talk strategy on how to get themselves on TV.

The crazies that get off on antagonizing the Trump supporters will show looking to start riots. These people are not Dems or Republicans. They are just troublemakers who want to get on TV, or get arrested.

I think it is going to be war in the streets.

Elessar
05-04-2016, 08:08 PM
I have a feeling that the protests at the GOP convention in Cleveland will be worse that Chicago in 1968.
Not because the actions of Trump supporters or opposing Dems. But because of groups that will go looking for trouble.

I saw this in person when I went to the GOP convention in NYC in 2004. The majority of protests were peaceful. That doesn't make for good TV. They go looking for the violent groups that will do anything to get their point across. The anarchist types and the people who just like to get on TV.
That is what soured me on the protest movement. People like Michael Moore and Jesse Jackson, who are supposed to be opposed to each other, will actually talk strategy on how to get themselves on TV.

The crazies that get off on antagonizing the Trump supporters will show looking to start riots. These people are not Dems or Republicans. They are just troublemakers who want to get on TV, or get arrested.

I think it is going to be war in the streets.

Those are excellent points, M'Lady.

All you have to look at recently was that idiotic "Occupy" movement.

I've got a feeling that Cleveland will be prepared, perhaps by a
very heavy National Guard presence.

PixieStix
05-04-2016, 09:03 PM
Cleveland purchased an extra 2000 sets of riot gear. Yes I believe they are ready. Me? I am doing my shopping for a month and staying home :laugh2:

PixieStix
05-04-2016, 09:07 PM
Those are excellent points, M'Lady.

All you have to look at recently was that idiotic "Occupy" movement.

I've got a feeling that Cleveland will be prepared, perhaps by a
very heavy National Guard presence.

There is also gonna be a lot of bikers here, at least that is what I have heard :salute:

And then there is this

http://abcnews.com.co/donald-trump-protester-speaks-out-i-was-paid-to-protest/

Elessar
05-04-2016, 09:15 PM
There is also gonna be a lot of bikers here, at least that is what I have heard :salute:

And then there is this

http://abcnews.com.co/donald-trump-protester-speaks-out-i-was-paid-to-protest/

Very interesting. That confirms what a lot of people suspected.

Where are our Liberal warrior nay-sayers now?

jimnyc
05-05-2016, 06:07 AM
Very interesting. That confirms what a lot of people suspected.

Where are our Liberal warrior nay-sayers now?

My opinion is that if any violence at such places, the folks paying people to come in and "protest" should be prosecuted.