PDA

View Full Version : Don't Go to Chick-Fil-A, Mayor De Blasio Tells New Yorkers

jimnyc
05-05-2016, 03:06 PM
This guy is an asshole of epic proportions. If folks want to protest or boycott, so be it. But I don't think our politicians should be leading boycotts. And not to mention, he's wrong too.

-----

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio and other city officials are urging New Yorkers not to eat at Chick fil-A.

The popular chicken restaurant is planning to open up a new location in Queens, its fourth to open in New York City.

But the liberal mayor argued that the owners of Chick fil-A support groups that promote "hate" against gays.

"Chick-fil-A is anti-LGBT," he said in a statement, according to the website DNAInfo.

"This group imparts a strong anti-LGBT message by forcing their employees and volunteers to adhere to a policy that prohibits same-sex love. It is outrageous that Chick-fil-A is quietly spreading its message of hate by funding these types of organizations."

He went on to call for a boycott by New Yorkers.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/05/05/dont-go-chick-fil-mayor-de-blasio-tells-new-yorkers

Abbey Marie
05-05-2016, 03:13 PM
I went to our mall chic-fil-a when the left started in on them last year. The line of people who turned out to support the store went out the door and down the mall. And I heard the same happened the day the Manhattan store opened recently. This will fail.

jimnyc
05-05-2016, 03:26 PM
I went to our mall chic-fil-a when the left started in on them last year. The line of people who turned out to support the store went out the door and down the mall. And I heard the same happened the day the Manhattan store opened recently. This will fail.

Last time a boycott was attempted with them, but no area in general, it also failed miserably and they made money as a result.

So no chicken, and no big gulps either! :laugh:

Black Diamond
05-05-2016, 03:54 PM
jimnyc Abbey

How did y'all go from America's Mayor to this asswipe?

Bilgerat
05-05-2016, 04:00 PM
Why is it the left always wants to tell us what and where to eat?

jimnyc
05-05-2016, 04:00 PM
@jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1) @Abbey (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=11)

How did y'all go from America's Mayor to this asswipe?

I just close my eyes and go "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA" and hope he goes away. :(

Abbey is lucky and not in NY though, although she used to back in the day, she apparently got smart quickly and got the hell out of here. :laugh:

Black Diamond
05-05-2016, 04:02 PM
I just close my eyes and go "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA" and hope he goes away. :(

Abbey is lucky and not in NY though, although she used to back in the day, she apparently got smart quickly and got the hell out of here. :laugh:

I figured a portion of her heart is still in new York. And doesn't like the decline from greatness to douchebaggery.

Abbey Marie
05-05-2016, 04:11 PM

lol not sure about smart, love called me :coffee:

jimnyc
05-05-2016, 04:14 PM
I figured a portion of her heart is still in new York. And doesn't like the decline from greatness to douchebaggery.

I don't think anyone does. NY used to be a great city/state at one point, and the you know who's infiltrated it and turned it into that douchebaggery.

lol not sure about smart, love called me :coffee:

I hear that, love called me to Virginia back in the day, but my homesick heart took me back to Jersey!

Black Diamond
05-05-2016, 04:16 PM
I don't think anyone does. NY used to be a great city/state at one point, and the you know who's infiltrated it and turned it into that douchebaggery.

I hear that, love called me to Virginia back in the day, but my homesick heart took me back to Jersey!

I was more insulting the mayor than the city.

jimnyc
05-05-2016, 04:20 PM
I was more insulting the mayor than the city.

They both suck. :(

Abbey Marie
05-05-2016, 04:43 PM
They both suck. :(

But... Pizza!

jimnyc
05-05-2016, 04:56 PM
But... Pizza!

While that sounds AWESOME right now, you just reminded me that I forgot to put dinner in the oven.... hope it's done in time!!

jimnyc
05-05-2016, 05:05 PM
While that sounds AWESOME right now, you just reminded me that I forgot to put dinner in the oven.... hope it's done in time!!

Shoulda just went into the city and hit a Chick fila! Tonight is only premade enchiladas, but they're going to take a tad over an hour to cook, and I just put them in now. :(

Abbey Marie
05-05-2016, 05:07 PM
Why is it the left always wants to tell us what and where to eat?

'Cause they're smarter than the rest of us.

Kathianne
05-05-2016, 05:11 PM
I'm pretty sure Chick fil A can weather the storm:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/business_insider/2016/01/13/chick_fil_a_makes_it_cheap_for_you_to_start_a_fran chise.html

...The company grew by $700 million to achieve $5.8 billion in sales in 2014, making it larger than every pizza brand in the country, according toQSR magazine (https://www.qsrmagazine.com/reports/qsr50-2015-top-50-chart?sort=2014_sales&dir=desc).

Chick-fil-A is now the eighth-largest fast-food chain in the U.S. by sales, and it generates more revenue per restaurant than any other chain nationally, according to QSR...

Black Diamond
05-05-2016, 05:13 PM
I'm pretty sure Chick fil A can weather the storm:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/business_insider/2016/01/13/chick_fil_a_makes_it_cheap_for_you_to_start_a_fran chise.html
For now.

Kathianne
05-05-2016, 05:17 PM
For now.

Right. Even New Yorkers hate De Blasio. He may well be going down:

http://nypost.com/2016/05/05/feds-investigate-de-blasio-for-using-straw-donors/

Feds investigate de Blasio for using straw donors (http://nypost.com/2016/05/05/feds-investigate-de-blasio-for-using-straw-donors/)

By Yoav Gonen (http://nypost.com/author/yoav-gonen/) and Danika Fears (http://nypost.com/author/danika-fears/)

May 5, 2016 | 2:01pm | Updated (http://nypost.com/2016/05/05/feds-investigate-de-blasio-for-using-straw-donors/#)

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20160505/midtown/de-blasio-administration-hires-lawyers-handle-federal-investigations

De Blasio Hires Lawyers to Handle Federal Investigations

By Jeff Mays (https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/about-us/our-team/editorial-team/jeff-mays) and James Fanelli (https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/about-us/our-team/editorial-team/james-fanelli) | May 5, 2016 2:25pm

gabosaurus
05-05-2016, 05:22 PM
I really don't care what Chick-Fil-A supports or doesn't support. I don't go there because I don't like their sandwiches. Or fried food in general.

I think it is totally wrong for a mayor of a large city to be against any business in his/her city. Let the people make their own decisions.

darin
05-06-2016, 12:39 AM
Jim - the SB icon farthest-right in your avatar? That offends me. Please black that one out.

I really don't care what Chick-Fil-A supports or doesn't support. I don't go there because I don't like their sandwiches. Or fried food in general.

I think it is totally wrong for a mayor of a large city to be against any business in his/her city. Let the people make their own decisions.

shut up, liar.

Noir
05-06-2016, 03:02 AM
I remember reading comments from their CEO saying long term they'd seen a negative impact dispite the short term gains,

shut up, liar.

i think this is boarding on 'person feud' rules violations, almost every topic that I see with a gabby post is followed by yourself with an off topic personal quip. Not cool.

darin
05-06-2016, 03:20 AM
i think this is boarding on 'person feud' rules violations, almost every topic that I see with a gabby post is followed by yourself with an off topic personal quip. Not cool.

well, thanks. But there's no feud - and it might have been on-topic - if you look what he/she wrote - which are lies, it was a comment related to what he/she posted. Sure that's a stretch, but He/She lies incessantly. And you're exaggerating for effect - it's not 'almost every' gabby post. He/She has thousands. I've done it maybe 10 times.

Noir
05-06-2016, 03:34 AM
well, thanks. But there's no feud - and it might have been on-topic - if you look what he/she wrote - which are lies, it was a comment related to what he/she posted. Sure that's a stretch, but He/She lies incessantly. And you're exaggerating for effect - it's not 'almost every' gabby post. He/She has thousands. I've done it maybe 10 times.

I haven't the inclination to look it all up but it's certainly been a noticeable trend on recent threads.

Gunny
05-06-2016, 04:58 AM
I remember reading comments from their CEO saying long term they'd seen a negative impact dispite the short term gains,

Who gives a f*ck what YOU think? We ALL have our issues with certain people. I think YOU are the biggest dork here. You're also a boot in MY book. D- and gabs have been around forever. She doesn't need your help. Try covering your own damned six. Crap. You have some of the dumbest, illogical opinions on this board.

You don't need to make everything personal, and if someone else does, you DON'T have to type and interject yourself. Gabby comes on here to purposefully incite conservatives. At least she has a plan. You? Pffft. But you get what you ask for around here. There's not a one of us that hasn't been at each other's throats over something. Should been around about 10 years ago when we all took everything seriously. You, to me, are an outsider with a big mouth. So don't go getting all butthurt.

As far as the topic goes, I don't like chicken or I'd eat a Chick Fil A every damned day. I'm sick of this telling me what to eat and where I can eat shit. Read the Constitution. I remember when Cracker Barrel caved to this crap, Screw THAT. If someone doesn't want to serve fags, so be it. Go to Boston Market. Or most any chain grocery store.

darin
05-06-2016, 05:04 AM
How the hell can you not-like Chicken? WHA???

Gunny
05-06-2016, 05:27 AM
How the hell can you not-like Chicken? WHA???

Have a herd of of those yard birds living on both sides of your fence growing up. They sh*t all over everything and never STFU. You got dinner chickens on one side and the idiot Mexican cock fighter on the other. You know what cocks like to do at 5AM? Wake everyone in town up.

Then there's my dad when I was living with him. Wendy;s one day, KFC the next. Repeat. I don't like Wendy's and I like yard birds. I'm a Texan. We eat meat. Cows, deer ....

darin
05-06-2016, 05:40 AM
I agree - chickens are awful; so i want to kill and eat them. :D

Noir
05-06-2016, 06:02 AM
Who gives a f*ck what YOU think?

Nay reading the rest, have a good Morning Gunny, I'm off for a burrito (:

Gunny
05-06-2016, 06:10 AM
Nay reading the rest, have a good Morning Gunny, I'm off for a burrito (:

What time is it there? A burrito? In Ireland? Y'all are weird. :laugh:

Noir
05-06-2016, 06:15 AM
What time is it there? A burrito? In Ireland? Y'all are weird. :laugh:

Just past noon, once you've had a boojum burrito you don't go back

Gunny
05-06-2016, 06:26 AM
Just past noon, once you've had a boojum burrito you don't go back

It's 5 AM here. Crap. Now I'm hungry.

darin
05-06-2016, 06:40 AM
1:40p here, and I had...toast...for lunch. :(

Gunny
05-06-2016, 08:05 AM
1:40p here, and I had...toast...for lunch. :(

Toast? Oh yum. Sounds almost as nourishing as one of my Ramen noodle meals. :rolleyes:

Kathianne
05-24-2016, 05:50 AM
Right. Even New Yorkers hate De Blasio. He may well be going down:

http://nypost.com/2016/05/05/feds-investigate-de-blasio-for-using-straw-donors/

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20160505/midtown/de-blasio-administration-hires-lawyers-handle-federal-investigations

Trash bags? How fitting:

http://nypost.com/2016/05/17/de-blasio-could-be-taken-out-with-the-trash-literally/

Only fitting de Blasio could be taken down by trash bags (http://nypost.com/2016/05/17/de-blasio-could-be-taken-out-with-the-trash-literally/)
As metaphors go, it would be hard to top this one: Garbage bags could help bring down the de Blasio administration.

Yes, garbage bags. How perfectly fitting.

Of the many revelations about City Hall’s pay-to-play culture, the case of how New York came to buy a certain brand of trash bags for parks caught the attention of prosecutors.

As The Post first reported (http://nypost.com/2016/05/17/everything-about-this-business-dealings-with-the-city-stinks-literally/), the seller, Joseph Dussich, tried for nearly a decade to get the city to buy his Mint-X bags, which he says deter rats and squirrels.

But he got the brush-off — until he contributed $100,000 to the Campaign for One New York, a slush fund Mayor Bill de Blasio created. Presto, Dussich got a meeting with the mayor, a trial contract for $15,000, and then, through a middleman, a deal worth nearly $6 million.

The sequence is shocking — and consistent with that of so many large donations under scrutiny.

Report after report shows that people who needed a city permit, a vendor contract or other government action were hit on for a contribution by de Blasio or a consultant.

Instead of asking for about $5,000, which is the limit under the campaign finance law, the mayor and his team routinely asked for $50,000 or more, then funneled the money to the slush funds they created.

pete311
05-24-2016, 06:42 AM
This guy is an asshole of epic proportions. If folks want to protest or boycott, so be it. But I don't think our politicians should be leading boycotts. And not to mention, he's wrong too.

Ha, and you support Trump, who has called for many boycotts

jimnyc
05-24-2016, 07:06 AM

And he's done so as a politician that is representing the people?

Gunny
05-24-2016, 07:12 AM

I'd like to know where y'all come up with these people. Diblasio, Rangel, Clinton .... you think you could pick worse?

CSM
05-24-2016, 07:22 AM
I'd like to know where y'all come up with these people. Diblasio, Rangel, Clinton .... you think you could pick worse?

but....but....those are the cream of the crop!!!

Gunny
05-24-2016, 07:34 AM
but....but....those are the cream of the crop!!!

Yeah. What would we do without NYC and Chicago politicians. :laugh:

jimnyc
05-24-2016, 07:36 AM

Don't include me in that just because I'm a New Yorker!! One is in NYC, one in Harlem and the witch.... none of them ever got a vote from me!

And yes, we could have had Boxer, Pelosi & Sheila Lee Jackson!

Gunny
05-24-2016, 08:01 AM
Don't include me in that just because I'm a New Yorker!! One is in NYC, one in Harlem and the witch.... none of them ever got a vote from me!

And yes, we could have had Boxer, Pelosi & Sheila Lee Jackson!

I was commenting on the politicians, Gumby. While we have managed to keep the Governorship out of the hands of the left in Texas, our local politicos are dumbass Dems. Come on. We gave you Henry Cisneros. That dude was so stupid he couldn't even spell it. Get booted out of office for having an affair and Clinton puts you in charge of HUD. And let's get me started on the Alamodome. That deal was a complete fraud on his part and you see San Antonio's NFL team, right?

The difference is the Governor runs our state. It appears to me the mayors of Chicago and NYC run your states. I don't even know who the governors are in either state and I lived in IL. I find it ridiculous.

Did you know if you get off the coast in CA most of the people are conservative? Same in IL. If you're out of Chicago, it's redneckville. They're all farmers. In Texas, at least to this point, the state is so big we can override the snowbirds in Dallas, Houston and Austin.

jimnyc
05-24-2016, 08:13 AM

Wanted to add... IF Trump should be in a political position and then he calls for boycotts within the area he holds political power over - then I would disagree with him 100% too.

Gunny
05-24-2016, 08:55 AM
Wanted to add... IF Trump should be in a political position and then he calls for boycotts within the area he holds political power over - then I would disagree with him 100% too.

You don't boycott crap? I know I won't watch anything with George Cloony in it. I won't listen to the Dixie Dumbass Chicks. I boycott a lot of crap. I just do it on my own. I don't need a crew. I'm just not contributing to your crap.

If you're an actor, then act. I thought Sean Penn was awesome in Fast Times at Ridgemont High and he totally played an ignorant grunt as Sgt Meserve. But I won't pay a dime for any of his stuff because he's a political moron. Not to mention a dumbass that'll roll into a tidal surge in a pleasure craft.

Problem I see is people listen to these talking heads. They don't live in the real world. Anyone that thinks these Hollyweird actors know sh*t about anything needs to burn their voter's registration cards. They live in la-la land.

stephanie
05-24-2016, 09:30 AM
Your OWN elected idiot trying to intentionally hurt business that HIRES the people of his state. I've never seen anything like this and ask. what the heck is wrong with the people there they keep electing/putting in these commie/fascist like DeDblaaaaaaaasio

jimnyc
05-24-2016, 09:31 AM
You don't boycott crap? I know I won't watch anything with George Cloony in it. I won't listen to the Dixie Dumbass Chicks. I boycott a lot of crap. I just do it on my own. I don't need a crew. I'm just not contributing to your crap.

If you're an actor, then act. I thought Sean Penn was awesome in Fast Times at Ridgemont High and he totally played an ignorant grunt as Sgt Meserve. But I won't pay a dime for any of his stuff because he's a political moron. Not to mention a dumbass that'll roll into a tidal surge in a pleasure craft.

Problem I see is people listen to these talking heads. They don't live in the real world. Anyone that thinks these Hollyweird actors know sh*t about anything needs to burn their voter's registration cards. They live in la-la land.

Of course I do, but I do so by making up my own mind. We have a LOT of stupid people in this world that can't think on their own and need to be spoon fed. I don't think those that should be representing everyone out there, should be screwing a select amount out there. I know that's a fine line, since many of them screw us in so many other ways.

Gunny
05-24-2016, 10:16 AM
Of course I do, but I do so by making up my own mind. We have a LOT of stupid people in this world that can't think on their own and need to be spoon fed. I don't think those that should be representing everyone out there, should be screwing a select amount out there. I know that's a fine line, since many of them screw us in so many other ways.

The thing is, most of us on message boards, agree with the person or not, are at least semi-informed. I realize they pick and choose on Watter's World and I can't stand the smarmy little bastard but the answers some give floor me. It's like, "Do you live on Mars, or what?" "I don't konw what party Hillary's in but I'm voting for her". :wtf: That was in Times Square, btw. I'm like please sleep in late and don't make it to the poll.

I look at these people like what a waste of oxygen.

Kathianne
05-24-2016, 12:34 PM
Yeah. What would we do without NYC and Chicago politicians. :laugh:

At least most of the Chicago pols are worth some laughs! New Yorkers all seem so damn serious in their righteousness. Chicago's don't really act like they're doing anything but ripping the people off.

Gunny
05-24-2016, 12:49 PM
At least most of the Chicago pols are worth some laughs! New Yorkers all seem so damn serious in their righteousness. Chicago's don't really act like they're doing anything but ripping the people off.

That was funny. True, but funny. Chicagoans don't bother trying to pretend they're lawful. How many mayors we got in jail?