person or party.

As supposed mature adults, we all have the option of changing our minds
and opinions on an issue or stance if given further information to support
a different vision.

To bull rush ahead with preconceived notions and failing to listen in many
cases is being stubborn, bullheaded, mule-brained and perhaps ego driven
highly selfish.

I do have opinions on certain hardheads that cannot see the forest for the
trees; and yes, some that change their speech or mind to suit the audience.

But there is a big difference between 'flip-flopping' and pandering. Pandering is
a bigger suck-up fraught with lies and deception.

NightTrain
05-06-2016, 06:58 PM
Agree.

The most recent Flip that I've Flopped is in regards to gay marriage.

My step-sister is a lesbian, and a couple of years ago got a new girlfriend who is like her - loves to shoot guns, loves to fish, loves going to the cabin, works her ass off, has an NRA sticker in the back window of her 4x4 pickup, is smart, funny and considerate... just generally an all around good person.

Suddenly they told the family that they were going to get married. I realized that I was opposed to Gay Marriage just as a broad belief, but seeing those two together happy as clams - who am I to judge? They want to get married. They're not rubbing it in anyone's face, they're just doing their own thing and building their lives together.

Also - they're as appalled as anyone seeing the stunts that the LGBT idiots pull, which of course gains animosity towards the whole thing, and them as well.

It's not my place to judge and tell those two adults what they can and can't do. Their decisions are between them and God - and I've got enough of my own problems to address without worrying about other people.

So there's my Flip Flop.

Elessar
05-06-2016, 07:14 PM
Agree.

Suddenly they told the family that they were going to get married. I realized that I was opposed to Gay Marriage just as a broad belief, but seeing those two together happy as clams - who am I to judge? They want to get married. They're not rubbing it in anyone's face, they're just doing their own thing and building their lives together.

Also - they're as appalled as anyone seeing the stunts that the LGBT idiots pull, which of course gains animosity towards the whole thing, and them as well.

Trimmed for brevity.

I know a few Gay folk...two males and two females. They never behaved like the LGBT
fools, did not push their personality on others, and are very compassionate and caring people.
I was one of the first to visit Pam when she got hurt really badly in a car wreck. She later
sat on a beach with me and my son to watch fireworks on July 4.

Two were co-workers...one openly Gay, the other - the most delightful and lovely lady
I have ever met. We remain good friends to this day.

None EVER tried to force themselves on others. I say let 'em live.

revelarts
05-06-2016, 08:30 PM
I say let them live... but don't let the state legalize, endorse and enforce homosexual marriage on others that don't see it that way.
And don't let the church pretend that it's OK, or that it's the same as God created marriage.

I know people that can take drugs and "party" nearly every night and still out perform some people at work who don't.
I say they can do what they like. Who am i "judge" what they do on their off hours.
But it doesn't mean i'm going to say its OK, or that God says it's Ok to get pissy drunk and high most nights, or that all drugs should be legal.

State and Faith endorsement and legalization are different from "live and let live" in many areas.
At least in my book.

As far as I can tell God never flipped on the homosexual issue... or divorce or abortion.. etc BTW.

Black Diamond
05-06-2016, 08:43 PM
I say let them live... but don't let the state legalize, endorse and enforce homosexual marriage on others that don't see it that way.
And don't let the church pretend that it's OK, or that it's the same as God created marriage.

I know people that can take drugs and "party" nearly every night and still out perform some people at work who don't.
I say they can do what they like. Who am i "judge" what they do on their off hours.
But it doesn't mean i'm going to say its OK, or that God says it's Ok to get pissy drunk and high most nights, or that all drugs should be legal.

State and Faith endorsement and legalization are different from "live and let live" in many areas.
At least in my book.

As far as I can tell God never flipped on the homosexual issue... or divorce or abortion.. etc BTW.

God doesn't flip.

Elessar
05-06-2016, 10:39 PM

Well....you are right, but I did not intend this thread to
get singularly focused.

Good with you?

Gunny
05-06-2016, 10:55 PM
Well....you are right, but I did not intend this thread to
get singularly focused.

Good with you?

One man's reason is called an excuse by the other. Way it works. The left, and MSM are the ones that coined the terms "flip-flopping". Guess what ... if I change my mind based on new data, get over it. It just means I'm not stuck in a cave and am willing to accept new ideas. You know, those things lefties claim to be for but are actually more closed minded and use it as a weapon.

Our biggest enemy is the MSM. They twist everything. The left just rides on their coattails.

Abbey Marie
05-06-2016, 11:33 PM
One man's capitalizing flip-flop, is another man's studied change of heart. I think we all see what we want to see.

NightTrain
05-07-2016, 03:44 AM
One man's capitalizing flip-flop, is another man's studied change of heart. I think we all see what we want to see.

Right.

I guess my point is that anyone can change course 180 on a topic that they previously had very strong beliefs in with the help of more information, circumstances and consideration.

I would think that anyone remaining true to 100% of their opinions their entire adult life didn't really learn or grow as a person.

Abbey Marie
05-07-2016, 09:19 AM
Right.

I guess my point is that anyone can change course 180 on a topic that they previously had very strong beliefs in with the help of more information, circumstances and consideration.

I would think that anyone remaining true to 100% of their opinions their entire adult life didn't really learn or grow as a person.

i agree.

Gunny
05-07-2016, 10:02 AM
Right.

Perfect example: I grew up thinking all fags needed to die. It was what I was taught and the way things were then. I got over it. I still think they are abnormal, but it's none of business as long as it isn't in my face.

Black Diamond
05-07-2016, 10:13 AM
Perfect example: I grew up thinking all fags needed to die. It was what I was taught and the way things were then. I got over it. I still think they are abnormal, but it's none of business as long as it isn't in my face.

It's in your face. And everyone's

Black Diamond
05-07-2016, 10:16 AM
What a silly term, and this is NOT particularly directed on any single
person or party.

I thought the term had become synonymous with Mitt Romney.

Black Diamond
05-07-2016, 10:26 AM

I think with politicians, it's generally the capitalizing flip flop. Example, I beleive my wife's mother when she says she Used to be pro choice but is now staunchly pro life. That's a change of heart. Romney flip flopped on the issue.

Gunny
05-07-2016, 10:28 AM
It's in your face. And everyone's

And you have heard me be quite outspoken about flamers. Unless you live in a cave at Carlsbad Caverns. :laugh: In case you haven't noticed, I ain't the most tolerant person when confronted.

Abbey Marie
05-07-2016, 11:48 AM

Hollywood is making sure that not only is it in your face, but it's also hugely over-represented. Watching a couple of TV shows is all we need to see that. And it does not escape me that the gay character in the show is generally presented as the wisest and most moral.

Elessar
05-07-2016, 12:48 PM

Exactly, Gunny.

And, as I said, this was not intended to be a singular issue.
Moreover it is meant to be how a mature adult can change
their mind when given more input into a topic.

Gunny
05-07-2016, 12:56 PM
Exactly, Gunny.

And, as I said, this was not intended to be a singular issue.
Moreover it is meant to be how a mature adult can change
their mind when given more input into a topic.

Completely agree. Leave it to the left to make something evil of changing your thinking.

Elessar
05-07-2016, 12:58 PM
Completely agree. Leave it to the left to make something evil of changing your thinking.

Yeah..but if the shoe is on the other foot with the left, they will
scream, holler, and whine as if you shoved a cattle prod up their ass!:laugh:

Gunny
05-07-2016, 02:24 PM
Yeah..but if the shoe is on the other foot with the left, they will
scream, holler, and whine as if you shoved a cattle prod up their ass!:laugh:

She's got some serious issues. The problem is, the GOP has destroyed itself. Again.