PDA

View Full Version : Iraq War III

Black Diamond
05-07-2016, 11:55 AM
What will it look like? Once Obama is gone, we are going back in. I realize Obama has some troops there, but the number will skyrocket under the next administration.

Elessar
05-07-2016, 12:42 PM
What will it look like? Once Obama is gone, we are going back in. I realize Obama has some troops there, but the number will skyrocket under the next administration.

That is difficult to say or speculate on.

Three mistakes were made in the past.

When Saddam's ass was kicked in Gulf War I...the coalition did
not go in and shut him down completely. So he was able to wag
his finger and rattle his sword all through Bill Clinton's term.

Gulf War II...Interference with our armed forces insisting on
"Nation Building" rather than wiping them out. You cannot change
culture! Evidence of WMD was found. The convoys into Syria were
spotted, but our civilian brain-trust in D.C. refused to acknowledge
it and backed off support of the Military and the President.

Obama refusing to negotiate a Status of Forces Agreement and
almost fully pulling out. Yeah, GWB proposed a departure by 2011,
but that was negotiable.

Now we have ISIS.

Black Diamond
05-18-2016, 12:14 PM

but that was negotiable.

Now we have ISIS.
Good points

But what now? We need to take back what we lost??

Gunny
05-18-2016, 12:31 PM

but that was negotiable.

Now we have ISIS.

THAT ain't no sh*t. I got my port call time cut short every time that a-hole rattled his sabre. We weren't allowed to go into Iraq (officially) during the First Gulf War. Our mission was to kick him out of Iraq. Bush I had to agree to that for use of Arab airspace and land.

Elessar
05-18-2016, 01:16 PM
THAT ain't no sh*t. I got my port call time cut short every time that a-hole rattled his sabre. We weren't allowed to go into Iraq (officially) during the First Gulf War. Our mission was to kick him out of Iraq (Kuwait?). Bush I had to agree to that for use of Arab airspace and land.

It sucks that the professionals (Military) were hamstrung by the amateurs (Politicians).

Bolded for clarity?

Gunny
05-18-2016, 01:29 PM
It sucks that the professionals (Military) were hamstrung by the amateurs (Politicians).

Bolded for clarity?

Nice catch. Was thinking of something else. Yes, Kuwait. :laugh:

Elessar
05-18-2016, 01:41 PM
Nice catch. Was thinking of something else. Yes, Kuwait. :laugh:

Shit..we all boo-boo!

Takes a bigger man to realize it!

Gunny
05-18-2016, 01:51 PM
Shit..we all boo-boo!

Takes a bigger man to realize it!

Well, officially we were not allowed into Iraq. And if I screw up? Nail me. I'll respond after I get done laughing at myself. I wasn't raised around a zero-defect mentality. Much, anyway. If you screw up, you screw up. I was also taught to man up. Crap, if I didn't make mistakes I'd be Jesus. I screw up all the time. And I usually share. That's one thing jimnyc and I have always had in common and I appreciate about him. We laugh at ourselves. If you can't laugh at yourself, you shouldn't be laughing at others.

Elessar
05-18-2016, 02:26 PM
W If you can't laugh at yourself, you shouldn't be laughing at others.

That is so very true. I laugh at myself all the damn time.
It is not a weakness, it is simple Common Sense, I think.

Gunny
05-18-2016, 02:35 PM
That is so very true. I laugh at myself all the damn time.
It is not a weakness, it is simple Common Sense, I think.

I just have to sit down sometimes and think "WTF was I thinking?":laugh2: I was that way as a Marine. A lost art, btw. I would just crack up sometimes. I remember when I was a drill instructor I'd have to try and get into the duty hut before busting out laughing at some of my dumbass recruits.

People screw up. The funniest ones to me are the ones that won't admit it when it's plain as the sky. What are you going to do? Shave my head and send me to boot camp? :laugh: Make me go on float? I HAD to learn to laugh at myself.

Elessar
05-18-2016, 02:47 PM
I just have to sit down sometimes and think "WTF was I thinking?":laugh2: I was that way as a Marine. A lost art, btw. I would just crack up sometimes. I remember when I was a drill instructor I'd have to try and get into the duty hut before busting out laughing at some of my dumbass recruits.

People screw up. The funniest ones to me are the ones that won't admit it when it's plain as the sky. What are you going to do? Shave my head and send me to boot camp? :laugh: Make me go on float? I HAD to learn to laugh at myself.

When I trained recruits and OCS candidates, I learned that a lot of what
we had to do was be a good, convincing ACTOR!

Not that we were faking anything, but were displaying passion and
dedication to our jobs, missions, and our branch. Sometimes we
would encounter one of those trainees that was distraught for one
thing or the other and have to shuffle them aside. It takes a good
leader to listen to and guide such a person...either verbally rape them,
help them if it is a family crisis, or set their focus back where it belongs.
I did it as a GS-11 as well. After all, I am a Bos'un!

Sometimes I regret retiring for just these simple, but often ignored things.

Gunny
05-18-2016, 02:51 PM
When I trained recruits and OCS candidates, I learned that a lot of what
we had to do was be a good, convincing ACTOR!

Not that we were faking anything, but were displaying passion and
dedication to our jobs, missions, and our branch. Sometimes we
would encounter one of those trainees that was distraught for one
thing or the other and have to shuffle them aside. It takes a good
leader to listen to and guide such a person...either verbally rape them,
help them if it is a family crisis, or set their focus back where it belongs.
I did it as a GS-11 as well. After all, I am a Bos'un!

Sometimes I regret retiring for just these simple, but often ignored things.

There's always that one f-ing recruit. :laugh2:

gabosaurus
05-18-2016, 05:09 PM
Any future conflict will not be fought with conventional troops and weaponry. It will be very high tech, using computer technology.

The current war will not be expanded unless Trump is elected. Trump has previously stated he could end the war by sending in 100,000 troops and every weapon the U.S. has. He did not rule out nuclear strikes, which would prompt a response in kind.

I have been advising kids not to join the military until after election day. Unless they are willing to die on the battlefield.

Elessar
05-19-2016, 12:51 AM
Any future conflict will not be fought with conventional troops and weaponry. It will be very high tech, using computer technology.

I have been advising kids not to join the military until after election day. Unless they are willing to die on the battlefield.

I doubt seriously you know what you are talking about in the bolded, My Friend. You have no access to that stuff
and it is ignorant to suggest that you do have that knowledge. I had, you don't. End of story.

Your crisis will be advising them to die on the soil on the USA instead of taking the battle to THEM!
Endanger everyone else for blind idealism? Time to get real! You let the late adolescents make up
their own minds by being politically neutral. If not, you are pumping them full of Liberal Hippy hogwash
that will further erode what Obama has done, and Hillary pledges to do.

darin
05-19-2016, 02:26 AM

The current war will not be expanded unless Trump is elected. Trump has previously stated he could end the war by sending in 100,000 troops and every weapon the U.S. has. He did not rule out nuclear strikes, which would prompt a response in kind.

you're so fucking stupid, and lie about most things - military above all.

The advice to give is - join at your own risk if a Democrat is elected.

As to the future conflicts? "Any" future conflict? Dude. Frankly, ISIS could use a couple tactical nukes shoved up their ass. But ISIS isn't as much of a problem as is the Muslim population take-overs. These "Refugees" are moving to other nations to influence the new nation's policies - to effectively, without firing a shot, take over host-nation governments with sharia-compliant "leaders". It's a brilliant strategy.

jimnyc
05-19-2016, 08:13 AM
Nuke them, problem solved.

Gunny
05-19-2016, 12:48 PM

Isn't that mighty kind of you. Advising kids to not join the military. Your mouth should be duct taped and you shouldn't be allowed around kids.

Black Diamond
07-14-2016, 06:33 PM
a lot has happened the last couple months. We have been moving quite slowly against ISIS.

jimnyc
07-14-2016, 06:38 PM
a lot has happened the last couple months. We have been moving quite slowly against ISIS.

War stuff, even if ISIS, is bad for Democrat business. Can't have anything started on their watch. :rolleyes: There will be a lot more dead folks around the world before this ever ends. And a lot is because of how Obama dropped the ball. And yet those on the left are delusional and think they are making peace with people around the world. Clueless *&ucks.

Gunny
07-14-2016, 08:00 PM
War stuff, even if ISIS, is bad for Democrat business. Can't have anything started on their watch. :rolleyes: There will be a lot more dead folks around the world before this ever ends. And a lot is because of how Obama dropped the ball. And yet those on the left are delusional and think they are making peace with people around the world. Clueless *&ucks.

Completely agree. Obama dropped the ball and WE are the ones that are going to pay.

Elessar
07-14-2016, 09:33 PM
Completely agree. Obama dropped the ball and WE are the ones that are going to pay.

Bullshit! He did not drop the ball....he drop-kicked it away, blaming GWB and everyone
else but his own sorry ass.

Black Diamond
07-14-2016, 09:37 PM
are we going to need a massive invasion of the Middle East?

Gunny
07-14-2016, 09:43 PM
are we going to need a massive invasion of the Middle East?

How did WWII work out pretending there was no elephant in the room?

Gunny
07-14-2016, 09:55 PM
This time around it's not a conventional army and the Douchebag in Chief is letting them in. We'll be fight them in our streets just like Europe is already doing.

As I've said before, you can dislike these religious boneheads all you want, but they are NOT stupid. Know your enemy. They have conviction and are relentless. We are not.

Letting Obama in office was stupid and so is anyone that voted for the idiot. You can't declare victory and make it so. He's an abysmal failure as a leader. I wouldn't follow him to the exit if I had installed the Exit sign and knew where it was. He'd probably surrender to it.

Y'all think he's Muslim but I think he's French. Either way, he's a colossal f*ck-up and I wouldn't let him run a drive-thru window.

Black Diamond
07-14-2016, 11:03 PM
This time around it's not a conventional army and the Douchebag in Chief is letting them in. We'll be fight them in our streets just like Europe is already doing.

As I've said before, you can dislike these religious boneheads all you want, but they are NOT stupid. Know your enemy. They have conviction and are relentless. We are not.

Letting Obama in office was stupid and so is anyone that voted for the idiot. You can't declare victory and make it so. He's an abysmal failure as a leader. I wouldn't follow him to the exit if I had installed the Exit sign and knew where it was. He'd probably surrender to it.

Y'all think he's Muslim but I think he's French. Either way, he's a colossal f*ck-up and I wouldn't let him run a drive-thru window.

Some are willing to do whatever it takes to win this thing.. people say Trump can't monitor mosques and Muslims.. i seem to remember reading of a favorite of the Democrats rounding up Japanese into internment camps...

Gunny
07-14-2016, 11:23 PM
Some are willing to do whatever it takes to win this thing.. people say Trump can't monitor mosques and Muslims.. i seem to remember reading of a favorite of the Democrats rounding up Japanese into internment camps...

Point: WHo was in office at got us involved in WWI? Woodrow Wilson (D). Who got us involved in WWII? FDR (D). WHo got us involved in Korea? Harry Truman (D). Who introduced combat troops into Nam? Johnson (D). Who totally jacked up the rescue attempt in the Iranian Hostage Crisis? Carter (D).

Who got us involved in Bosnia? Clinton (D). Who created ISIS by pulling out to soon? Obama (D). I'm surprised he has kids. Who has made a deal with the most dangerous country on the planet? Obama (D).

Notice all the "d's"? I see a trend.

CSM
07-15-2016, 06:48 AM
I am so glad someone resurrected this thread. Reminds me once again what a hypocrite a certain poster is.

"I have been advising kids not to join the military until after election day. Unless they are willing to die on the battlefield."

The above quote is just one of many that poster has stated which displays her disdain for the military, willful ignorance of reality and willingness to leech off the services provide by her/his betters. Unfortunately, there are a lot like her out there which is why, in the end, the United States will eventually submit to her enemies and those enemies will be aided and abetted by the likes of this poster.