PDA

View Full Version : Happy Mother's Day

jimnyc
05-08-2016, 06:51 PM
Too all of our Mom's on the board - I hope you have the best Mother's Day of all, what's left of it. And since I am late here on the board, and forgot until Abbey's reminder, all of you Mom's can now enjoy the rest of the week - on me!!

As Mr. Mom for a LONG time now, one thing I can say is - I sure as hell respect Mom's a lot more now, and REALLY respect my Mom who raised 4 of us. I couldn't even imagine 4 at a time.

So to all of you Mom's -- you all RULE! And women somehow just do it naturally. Same with caring for a home. Or cooking. Or working and then cooking at night. Just so many things I've taken for granted, that I found out over the years just really isn't that easy, not easy at all. And to all of the ladies on DP, and we have nothing but some great ladies here, I hope you have enjoyed your special day, and the rest of your week! You guys here at our board are AWESOME!! right hjmick

I just wish I could tell my Mom the same today. I miss her so much, and it's always the most apparent, and sad, on Mommy's Day.

Kathianne
05-08-2016, 06:57 PM
Thanks, Jim! Well the good news is, Mommies share! Sometimes even what you wish they wouldn't! LOL! However, advice on schools, Instapots, etc., :laugh2:

jimnyc
05-08-2016, 07:06 PM
Thanks, Jim! Well the good news is, Mommies share! Sometimes even what you wish they wouldn't! LOL! However, advice on schools, Instapots, etc., :laugh2:

To this day, I still feel so awkward when I have to be places with the kid and the other "Moms". Anytime I want to avoid that though, I just show up at places with a tank top and all the tattoos showing!! :) Sadly though, some already got to know me over the years. so even then some of them trust me. :(

But yes, the Instapot!! Cooking stuff, and other things to purchase, that's all great stuff!!

I'm now up to like 10-15 things I've made in the cooker, and everything has been great so far. One of the best kitchen purchases ever! And another I bought, a panini press, that was also a great purchase!! SO easy to pop a bunch of cold cuts on some bread, toss on some good cheese, and then press and heat that sucker!!

Abbey Marie
05-08-2016, 07:14 PM
Thanks Jim!

:cheers2:

gabosaurus
05-08-2016, 09:16 PM
Jim, I am sure your son appreciates that you show up to events. If you worked in school, you would see how many kids work hard in extracurricular activities and neither of their parents ever bother to show up. Same with parent-teacher meetings.

I would like to express my appreciation to my mom for managing to raise my sister and I, despite all the challenges. Unfortunately, we were far from model children. But my mom managed not to kill either one of us. :cool:

Grandmothers have it best. They can smirk all day at the struggles their sons and daughters encounter during parenthood and not have to do anything. :dev3:

Gunny
05-08-2016, 09:27 PM
Jim, I am sure your son appreciates that you show up to events. If you worked in school, you would see how many kids work hard in extracurricular activities and neither of their parents ever bother to show up. Same with parent-teacher meetings.

I would like to express my appreciation to my mom for managing to raise my sister and I, despite all the challenges. Unfortunately, we were far from model children. But my mom managed not to kill either one of us. :cool:

Grandmothers have it best. They can smirk all day at the struggles their sons and daughters encounter during parenthood and not have to do anything. :dev3:

Yeah, I remember. All the times my dad wasn't home and then all the times I wasn't home. Moms rule.

Kathianne
05-08-2016, 09:29 PM

Actually the coolest thing about being grandma are the kids! Then there's the added bonus of seeing their parents replicating many of the things that were done with and for them, but they add their own twists. Love it!

gabosaurus
05-08-2016, 09:37 PM
Actually the coolest thing about being grandma are the kids! Then there's the added bonus of seeing their parents replicating many of the things that were done with and for them, but they add their own twists. Love it!

My mother-in-law has three other grandchildren, but they live in Minnesota. My mom has only my daughter. Between them and my sister, my daughter gets more attention than anyone. And she eats up every minute of it. :cool:

Elessar
05-08-2016, 10:48 PM
Yes...

A Happy Mommie's Day to all of you!:cool: