PDA

View Full Version : Paul Ryan Challenger Paul Nehlen: ‘He Has Betrayed Us All’

jimnyc
05-08-2016, 08:49 PM
I agree with him, and not just towards Ryan, but any of them in congress that have been making promises, and then they give into the Dems at every turn. Ryan and his latest bill is a slap in the face, and I hope he does end up getting tossed out as a result.

-----

House Speaker Paul Ryan’s Wisconsin primary opponent Paul Nehlen said of Ryan on Saturday, “He has betrayed us all, hasn’t he? He says he’s for a secure border. Then what’s he do? He funds every dangerous immigration policy through this $1.8 trillion omnibus. What he funded was all his special interest buddies.”

Nehlen’s comments came during an exclusive interview Saturday with Breitbart News Saturday SiriusXM host Stephen K. Bannon. Nehlen pointed out again that 83 percent of Ryan’s camapign donations come from D.C., not his home district: “The vast majority comes in the form of large campaign donations from inside the D.C. Beltway. … He sold his vote. He sold his vote. The same people that are donating to his campaign want these open border initiatives. This isn’t a Free Trade deal.”

Nehlen also hit Ryan for “bad-mouthing” the presumptive GOP nominee, given his position as Speaker. “He is bad-mouthing the presumptive nominee. It’s embarrassing; that’s what it is.” Added Nehlen, “I’m calling out the enemy. On your show this morning, I’m calling out the enemy. He is Speaker Paul Ryan.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/05/07/ryan-challenger-paul-nehlen-he-has-betrayed-us-all/

jimnyc
05-08-2016, 08:50 PM
SARAH PALIN Announces She Will Work to Defeat Paul Ryan in Primary

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin announced on Sunday she will work to defeat Paul Ryan in his Republican primary.

This came after Ryan would not endorse the Republican nominee Donald Trump for president.
On Thursday Republican Speaker Paul Ryan told Jake Tapper on CNN he was “not ready” to endorse Donald Trump yet.

Donald Trump won the GOP nomination on Tuesday after his landslide victory in Indiana.

Palin told Jake Tapper she believes Ryan will soon be “Cantored.”

** Republican businessman Paul Nehlen is running against Paul Ryan in the Wisconsin primary.

CNN reported:

Sarah Palin will work to defeat House Speaker Paul Ryan by backing his primary opponent in Wisconsin, the former Alaska governor told CNN’s Jake Tapper.

Palin said in an interview that airs Sunday on “State of the Union” that her decision was sparked by Ryan’s bombshell announcement to Tapper last week that he wasn’t yet ready to support Donald Trump, the Republican presumptive nominee. Palin endorsed Trump back in January.

“I think Paul Ryan is soon to be ‘Cantored,’ as in Eric Cantor,” Palin said, referring to the former Republican House majority leader who was ousted in a shocking upset in 2014 when challenger Dave Brat ran to his right in a Virginia primary.

“His political career is over but for a miracle because he has so disrespected the will of the people, and as the leader of the GOP, the convention, certainly he is to remain neutral, and for him to already come out and say who he will not support is not a wise decision of his,” Palin continued.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/05/sarah-palin-announces-she-will-work-to-defeat-paul-ryan-in-primary-video/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-08-2016, 09:17 PM
He got in power and immediately flipped over onto the obama team--that is the power of obama's handlers (globalists at play)..
I hope they toss his sorry ass out and the sooner the better.
That sorry bastard funded everything obama wanted!
His sorry ass should be in jail for him to do that shows corruption and betrayal at the highest level.
Think what they must have bribed him with and corruption is the only answer that fits--sold out maggot..
I despise the punk..-Tyr

Black Diamond
05-08-2016, 09:44 PM
He got in power and immediately flipped over onto the obama team--that is the power of obama's handlers (globalists at play)..
I hope they toss his sorry ass out and the sooner the better.
That sorry bastard funded everything obama wanted!
His sorry ass should be in jail for him to do that shows corruption and betrayal at the highest level.
Think what they must have bribed him with and corruption is the only answer that fits--sold out maggot..
I despise the punk..-Tyr
Ability to spend trillions of dollars that aren't yours.....

Maybe that clouds your judgement.

Elessar
05-08-2016, 10:46 PM
I really think Palin should stay out of it other than to endorse Trump.

The rift is wide enough now. Ryan's peers are the ones that should
rattle his noggin, not her.

Bilgerat
05-09-2016, 07:57 AM
I really think Palin should stay out of it other than to endorse Trump.

Spot on

Kathianne
05-09-2016, 08:09 AM
I think that Palin and some other Trump supporters have made it crystal that other opinions are not wanted in the new GOP. I say good for them, they know what they want and whom belongs with it.

Others need to find somewhere else.

jimnyc
05-09-2016, 08:17 AM
I think that Palin and some other Trump supporters have made it crystal that other opinions are not wanted in the new GOP. I say good for them, they know what they want and whom belongs with it.

That's entirely up to them. Certainly no one is telling them to go public with refusals to endorse. This isn't folks pushing others away, but rather those folks pulling themselves away.

And I hope he loses as a result of this. He could have made the plans to meet Trump next week just as easily without going public and making a spectacle that he won't endorse. As a result of course, folks reply in kind. But his "dismissal" if it happens will have much, much less to do with Trump, and much more so to do with how Ryan and others have ran things, which is in opposition to what the "people" want. That's what created this anger, and someone like Trump - and now someone like Ryan wants to continue to ignore the people, and what was created as a result.

And no one ever said that opinions aren't welcome. It's just rare as it is, that these folks are using their opinions to go against their own parties front runner, the person that the people have chosen. These folks aren't happy that they were unable to prevent Trump from getting the nomination, so they are continuing with the desire to try and ruin his campaign. With any luck, it will backfire, and Ryan will in fact be "Cantored" and find himself out of a job, not only for these antics, but for the latest bill and his continued ability to ignore the people. There are quite a few others that it would be cool to also see disappear.

Kathianne
05-09-2016, 08:27 AM
That's entirely up to them. Certainly no one is telling them to go public with refusals to endorse. This isn't folks pushing others away, but rather those folks pulling themselves away.

And I hope he loses as a result of this. He could have made the plans to meet Trump next week just as easily without going public and making a spectacle that he won't endorse. As a result of course, folks reply in kind. But his "dismissal" if it happens will have much, much less to do with Trump, and much more so to do with how Ryan and others have ran things, which is in opposition to what the "people" want. That's what created this anger, and someone like Trump - and now someone like Ryan wants to continue to ignore the people, and what was created as a result.

And no one ever said that opinions aren't welcome. It's just rare as it is, that these folks are using their opinions to go against their own parties front runner, the person that the people have chosen. These folks aren't happy that they were unable to prevent Trump from getting the nomination, so they are continuing with the desire to try and ruin his campaign. With any luck, it will backfire, and Ryan will in fact be "Cantored" and find himself out of a job, not only for these antics, but for the latest bill and his continued ability to ignore the people. There are quite a few others that it would be cool to also see disappear.

I'm not disagreeing, as I said as far back as August, there will be no choice but to make choices. Last I saw before this cycle there were about 28% that identified as GOP. A bit more than that identified as DNC. So just over 50% identified with either party before Trump/Clinton. The trend of the independents was towards conservatives previously. Neither party can win general elections without them. This election is likely to increase the numbers of independents, some inevitably will go towards the new GOP, some will move towards DNC, others will go somewhere else.

What should be alarming to party folks, once the ties are broken, especially when it's over ideology, good luck ever getting those folks back. Many of these are the folks that have been very active in the process for years and they do understand what they are up against. They also know how to organize and attract those less interested over the long haul.

jimnyc
05-09-2016, 08:34 AM
I wouldn't want back any politicians that are voted in and ignore why they were voted in. They need to be booted out, I'm tired of voting in politicians that screw us each and every time. That's important to 86 them IMO. And then the SC judges as we've discussed. Keeping Hillary and her desire to harm the 2nd out of office, and who knows what other damage she has in mind. And then of course illegal immigration, although I know we aren't 100% eye to eye on how important that is. If folks want to completely leave the party as a result, before anyone has even had an opportunity to see how such a presidency plays out, so be it.

Kathianne
05-09-2016, 08:48 AM
I wouldn't want back any politicians that are voted in and ignore why they were voted in. They need to be booted out, I'm tired of voting in politicians that screw us each and every time. That's important to 86 them IMO. And then the SC judges as we've discussed. Keeping Hillary and her desire to harm the 2nd out of office, and who knows what other damage she has in mind. And then of course illegal immigration, although I know we aren't 100% eye to eye on how important that is. If folks want to completely leave the party as a result, before anyone has even had an opportunity to see how such a presidency plays out, so be it.

I can only speak for myself, I was willing to watch how the presidency plays out, still will as that is what we all have to do. I'm well aware that not everyone supporting Trump is nasty, vengeful, racist, xenophobic, etc., I've known too many for too long to believe that. However, he panders to those that are, that I find unacceptable. That's my own choice.

So while I do hope if he wins, he's everything that the best of his supporters wish. That is for the country's benefit. I do not though wish to belong to a party that plays to the worst of those that identify with it. That too is a choice.

This new GOP is not one I can belong to, it's that simple for me. I hope I live long enough to see the rise of a conservative party that is base on the principles I've always believed in, though unlikely. In the meanwhile, I'll vote for those that come closest to my views, always have. I'll get more involve with local politicians, where the impact is more apparent.

jimnyc
05-09-2016, 09:09 AM
I can only speak for myself, I was willing to watch how the presidency plays out, still will as that is what we all have to do. I'm well aware that not everyone supporting Trump is nasty, vengeful, racist, xenophobic, etc., I've known too many for too long to believe that. However, he panders to those that are, that I find unacceptable. That's my own choice.

So while I do hope if he wins, he's everything that the best of his supporters wish. That is for the country's benefit. I do not though wish to belong to a party that plays to the worst of those that identify with it. That too is a choice.

This new GOP is not one I can belong to, it's that simple for me. I hope I live long enough to see the rise of a conservative party that is base on the principles I've always believed in, though unlikely. In the meanwhile, I'll vote for those that come closest to my views, always have. I'll get more involve with local politicians, where the impact is more apparent.

It sounds like it's Trump you have an issue with, based on the first paragraph of course, but willing to kick the entire party to the curb. And even many of the party leaders are not thrilled with Trump. Just unsure why folks are blaming the party. Just like for me, looking back on my life, and the various presidents we have had. I don't think the crappy ones really ruined or harm the party, it just meant that they weren't very good presidents. Right now, the folks who are a member of the republican party, the majority of them want something different this election, based on what the party itself has done over the past 20 years for example. So if folks want to leave the party - I wonder why they haven't beein doing the same, with the same complaints, over the past 20 years while the party members were screwing us. But now folks are ready to leave before any "actions" have taken place.

fj1200
05-09-2016, 10:04 AM

Was that way from the beginning.

I agree with him, and not just towards Ryan, but any of them in congress that have been making promises, and then they give into the Dems at every turn. Ryan and his latest bill is a slap in the face, and I hope he does end up getting tossed out as a result.

Nothing like starting early. :rolleyes:

Trump on Taxes for Rich: 'By the Time It's Negotiated, They'll Go Up' (http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-taxes-rich-time-it-s-negotiated-they-ll-go-n570156)
Donald Trump said Sunday that he expects taxes on the rich to "go up a little bit" if he becomes president. Not as outlined in his plan as it stands right now (https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/tax-reform), but the notorious deal-maker is willing to "negotiate."
"On my plan they're going down. But by the time it's negotiated, they'll go up," Trump told ABC's "This Week." (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-walks-back-tax-plan-negotiated/story?id=38959168)

jimnyc
05-09-2016, 10:08 AM
Was that way from the beginning.

Nothing like starting early. :rolleyes:

Trump on Taxes for Rich: 'By the Time It's Negotiated, They'll Go Up' (http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-taxes-rich-time-it-s-negotiated-they-ll-go-n570156)

Sure, compare that to YEARS of politicians getting elected on one thing, and then screwing us in the butt over and over once in office, and even after non-stop complaints. Trump is the nominee. I'll wait until we go along and see results before I condemn him as I am folks who have already created results and screwed us. I'm not going to take initial plans and say that he is as bad as someone like Ryan.

If and when in office - who will ultimately be creating such plans, and spending plans and budgets and what not?

fj1200
05-09-2016, 10:12 AM
Sure, compare that to YEARS of politicians getting elected on one thing, and then screwing us in the butt over and over once in office, and even after non-stop complaints. Trump is the nominee. I'll wait until we go along and see results before I condemn him as I am folks who have already created results and screwed us. I'm not going to take initial plans and say that he is as bad as someone like Ryan.

If and when in office - who will ultimately be creating such plans, and spending plans and budgets and what not?

The "Great Negotiator" has just telegraphed is play. :clap:

"... as bad as Ryan." :(

jimnyc
05-09-2016, 10:16 AM
The "Great Negotiator" has just telegraphed is play. :clap:

"... as bad as Ryan." :(

Why did you ignore my question, you do that every now and again I noticed?

fj1200
05-09-2016, 10:19 AM
Why did you ignore my question, you do that every now and again I noticed?

It was irrelevant to the point I was making. I'm not particularly concerned about this budget deal. Nevertheless the process will be the same as before.

jimnyc
05-09-2016, 10:19 AM
Can I assume that the latest shitty omnibus crap from Ryan - was actually Obama's plan?

jimnyc
05-09-2016, 10:20 AM
It was irrelevant to the point I was making. I'm not particularly concerned about this budget deal. Nevertheless the process will be the same as before.

Maybe to your point - but the fact is, Ryan is the type of politician that is more responsible for shitty things like that omnibus bill, and it's simply not something that Trump will be working on daily.

fj1200
05-09-2016, 11:35 AM
Maybe to your point - but the fact is, Ryan is the type of politician that is more responsible for shitty things like that omnibus bill, and it's simply not something that Trump will be working on daily.

That's a convenient out. It only takes a day here and a day there. He's not even elected yet and he's giving in err, negotiating.

jimnyc
05-09-2016, 11:50 AM
That's a convenient out. It only takes a day here and a day there. He's not even elected yet and he's giving in err, negotiating.

So again, Obama wrote or was the primary person behind Ryans latest bill. I didn't realize how much he controlled that bill.

fj1200
05-11-2016, 10:14 AM
So again, Obama wrote or was the primary person behind Ryans latest bill. I didn't realize how much he controlled that bill.

The budget process starts with the POTUS but is frequently DOA in the House. Nevertheless I can't wait until the Great Negotiator really starts negotiating if he's backing off already.

jimnyc
05-11-2016, 10:17 AM
The budget process starts with the POTUS but is frequently DOA in the House. Nevertheless I can't wait until the Great Negotiator really starts negotiating if he's backing off already.

As for myself, I can't wait for those in congress, to hopefully bring forth something better than the one that was just written by the illegal aliens.

fj1200
05-11-2016, 10:29 AM
As for myself, I can't wait for those in congress, to hopefully bring forth something better than the one that was just written by the illegal aliens.

Illegal aliens wrote that? That's not the budget process! :eek: But I hope we get someone with actual conservative bona fides to start governing.

jimnyc
05-11-2016, 10:38 AM
Illegal aliens wrote that? That's not the budget process! :eek: But I hope we get someone with actual conservative bona fides to start governing.

And Ryan sold himself as a conservative, and the republican base was unsure. But once again many fell for it, and then he delivered some piles of crap, like the bill I keep referring to as of late,

Abbey Marie
05-11-2016, 11:46 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Zxgy1TUCTjI/VOefWgP63QI/AAAAAAAAVWg/C44sQLAPXpA/s1600/Paul%2BRyan%2BThinking.jpg http://rewire.news/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/justice-roberts.jpg

I dunno; they even kind of look alike.

fj1200
05-11-2016, 11:49 AM
And Ryan sold himself as a conservative, and the republican base was unsure. But once again many fell for it, and then he delivered some piles of crap, like the bill I keep referring to as of late,

I know that he's conservative and more conservative than many but I also know he's in a particular position where he doesn't have absolute control, c 'est la vie.

House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) told radio host Bill Bennett that he hates Omnibus bills, but he passed a $1 trillion omnibus last week anyway.“I hate omnibus bills and I don’t like doing these last-second bills,” Ryan said. He added that he blames Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) who filibustered, “all but one appropriations bill” and also his caucus who, “seized up in the middle of the summer, unable to pass any appropriations bills because of some poison pill amendments.”
Ryan was asked why $1.6 billion was allocated to the refugee program, especially considering there was support from dozens of Republican members of Congress for a proposal introduced by Rep. Brian Babin (R-TX) that would temporarily halt the refugee program. Despite the broad support, Ryan decided to fund President Obama’s refugee program, which includes Syrian refugees. He argued that:

$1.6 billion is not simply for Syrian refugees. It’s for the entire refugee program. You remember the unaccompanied children that got dumped onto the border from Honduras and El Salvador? We had to go do emergency legislation…and put new resources on the border in anticipation of that. Well, there’s a fear that could happen again, so that’s what this money is for, to prevent and prepare for any chance that we might have a whole new raft of unaccompanied children getting put on the border.
Ryan also discussed what he hopes to accomplish in 2016, saying that Americans are, ” going to see us put a bill on the president’s desk going after ObamaCare and Planned Parenthood.”
He added that Americans will “see a return to regular order, where men and women in Congress can bring their bills to the floor, make their amendments in order, and we will run Congress the way the Founders intended it to be run.”
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/22/paul-ryan-hate-omnibus-bill-anyway/

fj1200
05-11-2016, 11:51 AM
I dunno; they even kind of look alike.

Wow. Anyone else to be thrown under the bus?

jimnyc
05-11-2016, 11:54 AM
I know that he's conservative and more conservative than many but I also know he's in a particular position where he doesn't have absolute control, c 'est la vie.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/22/paul-ryan-hate-omnibus-bill-anyway/

That was kinda sort a little bit of my point, in here and a few other threads out there, and a few other websites out there in crazyland.

jimnyc
05-11-2016, 11:55 AM

Obama's whitey Grandma. :)

Abbey Marie
05-11-2016, 01:14 PM

Guess it's me. Gotta love how you zeroed in on my mild post. :rolleyes:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-11-2016, 04:12 PM

SOME NAYSAYERS ARE HELL-BENT ON DESTROYING HIM EVEN AFTER HE WINS THE NOMINATION.

To me that says more about them than it does him, sure some are standing on principle--that I can understand and not strongly condemn but millions are believing dem/obama /leftist/lib propaganda and actually working to defeat Trump and thus aid hillary in winning to be dictator..

My mom often said to we kids--"Don't cut off your nose, just to spite your face!"

Sure seems to apply here on this methinks. Ryan making it so publicly a big, big deal about not supporting Trump for example..-TYR