PDA

View Full Version : NY GOP Official: Trump Will Get Many Democratic Votes

jimnyc
05-09-2016, 08:21 AM
This is going to be one of the better states to watch come November, although I think Hillary still takes it. But there's a looooooooooong way to go between now and then. I think Trump is angling to not only get the independents and moderates, but lining himself up to also pull over the democrats as well. And I think he will.

-----

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump will win the votes of large numbers of Democrats in the November elections, predicts Ed Cox, chairman of the New York Republican State Committee.

Appearing on "The Cats Roundtable" Sunday radio show on AM 970 New York hosted by John Catsimatidis, Cox said that "in those states where they had open primaries, Trump attracted huge numbers of Democrats … it's not about party for them, it's about being respected again and for their country being respected again in the international arena."

Cox said another factor that will attract non-Republican voters is disillusionment among many Bernie Sanders supporters who are upset with the Democratic establishment for ignoring their views and for what they view as a rigged nomination process due to the use of superdelegates.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Trump-Democrat-voters-Cats-Roundtable/2016/05/08/id/727775/

Kathianne
05-09-2016, 08:28 AM
This is going to be one of the better states to watch come November, although I think Hillary still takes it. But there's a looooooooooong way to go between now and then. I think Trump is angling to not only get the independents and moderates, but lining himself up to also pull over the democrats as well. And I think he will.

-----

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump will win the votes of large numbers of Democrats in the November elections, predicts Ed Cox, chairman of the New York Republican State Committee.

Appearing on "The Cats Roundtable" Sunday radio show on AM 970 New York hosted by John Catsimatidis, Cox said that "in those states where they had open primaries, Trump attracted huge numbers of Democrats … it's not about party for them, it's about being respected again and for their country being respected again in the international arena."

Cox said another factor that will attract non-Republican voters is disillusionment among many Bernie Sanders supporters who are upset with the Democratic establishment for ignoring their views and for what they view as a rigged nomination process due to the use of superdelegates.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Trump-Democrat-voters-Cats-Roundtable/2016/05/08/id/727775/

I agree, Trump could well take the East in general. The deep blue Midwest too.

jimnyc
05-09-2016, 08:35 AM
I agree, Trump could well take the East in general. The deep blue Midwest too.

I dunno, I still don't see him winning NY, but I think he'll do better than anticipated, and better than most R's do in NY.

But I'm still crossing my fingers and hoping for an indictment. :)