PDA

View Full Version : Cheney to be sworn in as Prez!!!!

theHawk
07-20-2007, 11:52 AM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

WASHINGTON (CNN) – President Bush will undergo a routine colonoscopy Saturday, and will transfer power to Vice President Dick Cheney during the procedure, expected to take about two and a half hours, the chief White House spokesman said.

You libs better make for the border while you still can!!! :coffee:

nevadamedic
07-20-2007, 11:56 AM

This happen's anytime the President is put out or under for a surgical procedure. Imagine if something goes wrong we will have Cheney as the acting President for a while :laugh2: Wait does this mean Pelosi is the temporary Vice President?!?

remie
07-20-2007, 01:20 PM

Yeah, think of all the good shit he can get done in two and a half hours.

Monkeybone
07-20-2007, 01:39 PM
Yeah, think of all the good shit he can get done in two and a half hours.

hmmm......so which button launches the nukes again?

Hagbard Celine
07-20-2007, 01:43 PM
God help us...

nevadamedic
07-20-2007, 01:45 PM
God help us...

Yea, you need help. Dick Cheney is one of the best things that has happened to this country.

Hagbard Celine
07-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Yea, you need help. Dick Cheney is one of the best things that has happened to this country.

You've just confirmed my suspicions that you're mentally retarded.

Monkeybone
07-20-2007, 02:59 PM
everytime i see DC..i kinda get creeped out. and it also bugs me how much money he has made off of stuff

nevadamedic
07-20-2007, 03:21 PM
hmmm......so which button launches the nukes again?

I really doubt that they will hand over the nuclear launch briefcase to him unless we get attacked which isn't going to happen.

Abbey Marie
07-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Actually, I think Al Haig will be in charge. :D

nevadamedic
07-20-2007, 06:53 PM

Huh?

Kathianne
07-20-2007, 06:56 PM

I woulda rep'd! Great response! :laugh2:

Gaffer
07-20-2007, 07:20 PM

The younger ones won't understand. :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
07-20-2007, 08:56 PM
I woulda rep'd! Great response! :laugh2:

The younger ones won't understand.

Thanks, K & Gaffer. I was feeling very old there for a bit. :salute:

diuretic
07-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Hey I'm with you, I knew what you meant immediately :laugh2:

Why am I laughing? :coffee:

waterrescuedude2000
07-21-2007, 10:50 AM
God help us...

get a good start on chasing all of the liberals out of Washington!!!

YES!! Thats just awesome

glockmail
07-21-2007, 10:55 AM
You've just confirmed my suspicions that you're mentally retarded. Gee- calling someone "mental" for approving of the Veep. How retarded.
Not to mention judgemental. :poke:

glockmail
07-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Hey I'm with you, I knew what you meant immediately :laugh2:

Why am I laughing? :coffee:

I will always call the TV remote "The Al Haig Device". :laugh2:

glockmail
07-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Huh?

(CBS) Imagine that the United States is threatened by a nuclear enemy when, suddenly, both the president and vice president are taken out of the picture. Who would make decisions of war and peace? That may sound like a Tom Clancy novel, but it happened 20 years ago, the day Ronald Reagan was shot.

In that moment, our nation was in the hands of men in the White House crisis center known as the Situation Room. No one could be sure exactly what happened in there until now, thanks to a series of audiotapes that were locked away for two decades. Scott Pelley reports on what Americans didn’t know about the afternoon of March 30, 1981.

Ronald Reagan had been president for 70 days when he walked out of a Washington hotel. With six shots, John Hinckley wounded four men: press secretary James Brady, police officer Tom Delahanty, secret service agent Tim McCarthy and the president.

At the White House, Secretary of State Alexander Haig was trying to reach vice president George Bush in a plane over Texas. The communication was not very good. Finally, he simply told Bush to “turn around.”

Hurrying to the situation room, national security advisor Richard Allen made sure he had three things; a copy of the constitution, the codes to release our nuclear weapons and a cheap Sony tape recorder. White house lawyer Fred Fielding immediately prepared for a transfer of presidential power.

Mr. Reagan had just collapsed in the emergency room.

The question hanging over the Situation Room was whether all this was a Soviet plot that could lead to war. That very day, a Soviet invasion of Poland seemed a real possibility. And Soviet missile subs were moving in, closer to our coast than usual. Mr. Reagan was headed to surgery and would soon be unconscious.

“While we were there in the hallway,” recalls presidential counselor Ed Meese, “the president was being wheeled from the emergency room to the operating room and he saw the three of us standing there and he said, ‘Who’s minding the store?’”

Over the next few hours, three men would assert control of the Situation Room and U.S. nuclear forces. When it was clear the president was unconscious, Haig famously declared himself in charge.

“So the ... helm is right here,” he said at the time. “And that means right in this chair for now, constitutionally, until the vice president gets here.”

Haig, a retired four-star general, was once chief of staff to Richard Nixon and was now Reagan’s secretary of state.

“What I meant was, we had to run a government,” Haig says now. “We had to have an authority to send all the messages out, to speak should we find it was a conspiracy and to take appropriate action, if necessary, pending return of the vice president.”

Meanwhile, talking to reporters in the briefing room, deputy press secretary Larry Speakes seemed vague about who was running the government.
Haig thought that was a disaster. He went to the briefing room. When a reporter asked who was running the government, Haig moved toward the podium.

“It was a moment of high tension,” says Allen, the national security advisor. “And I became alarmed when I had seen him I was standing right next to him, watched his hands and his knuckles were white and his knees were wobbling and his voice cracked.”

Haig answered the reporter: “Constitutionally gentlemen, you have the president, the vice president and the secretary of state, in that order, and should the president decide he wants to transfer the helm to the vice president, he will do so. As for now, I’m in control here, in the White House, pending the return of the vice president and in close touch with him. If something came up, I would check with him, of course.”

Haig was wrong to say “constitutionally.” The constitution mentions the secretary of state only in an actual transfer of power and then it places him fourth in line.

“I wasn’t talking about transition,” Haig says now. “I was talking about the executive branch, who is running the government. That was the question asked. It was not, ‘who is in line should the President die?’”

Haig says he knew the order of succession better than anyone. In 1974 he was chief-of-staff when Nixon resigned. Haig insists the briefing room appearance was meant to reassure the world and ease the pressure on the nuclear trigger.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2001/04/23/60II/main287292.shtml

nevadamedic
07-21-2007, 11:17 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2001/04/23/60II/main287292.shtml

What a cluster fuck, but then again noone saw it coming like they did with JFK.

glockmail
07-21-2007, 11:18 AM
What a cluster fuck, but then again noone saw it coming like they did with JFK.

huh?

nevadamedic
07-21-2007, 11:24 AM
huh?

The Government knew that JFK wasn't coming back to Washington after the Texas trip since one of the Architect's behind the assination was to be sworn in as President after JFK died. The Government was ready to transfer power and knew exactly what was going on. When Regan was shot no one knew, they wern't ready and they had a bunch of inexperienced people other then the VP who wasn't there.

glockmail
07-21-2007, 11:28 AM
The Government knew that JFK wasn't coming back to Washington after the Texas trip since one of the Architect's behind the assination was to be sworn in as President after JFK died. The Government was ready to transfer power and knew exactly what was going on. When Regan was shot no one knew, they wern't ready and they had a bunch of inexperienced people other then the VP who wasn't there.OIC. I agree with you that LBJ was a conspirator. There's an old thread here (I think) that goes over this in some detail. Or maybe it was USMB.

nevadamedic
07-21-2007, 11:33 AM
OIC. I agree with you that LBJ was a conspirator. There's an old thread here (I think) that goes over this in some detail. Or maybe it was USMB.

Conspirator? He was one of the architects. He had always hated JFK they never saweye to eye and was often seen storming out of the office saying those damn Kennedy's.

glockmail
07-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Conspirator? He was one of the architects. He had always hated JFK they never saweye to eye and was often seen storming out of the office saying those damn Kennedy's. No question he was a crook.

07-21-2007, 04:18 PM
I really doubt that they will hand over the nuclear launch briefcase to him unless we get attacked which isn't going to happen.

hand it over? im sure the Vice President already knows everything. He is the second in command.

nevadamedic
07-21-2007, 04:21 PM
hand it over? im sure the Vice President already knows everything. He is the second in command.

In this case he does he is President Bush's most trusted advisor even over Karl Rove.

diuretic
07-21-2007, 08:49 PM

Why, does it rush around the room with a crazy look on its face? :laugh2:

Jeez that brings back some funny memories :laugh2:

Yurt
07-21-2007, 09:23 PM
huh?

:popcorn:

Yurt
07-21-2007, 09:25 PM

Strange, my dad called it:

son!

diuretic
07-21-2007, 10:02 PM

son!

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

nevadamedic
07-21-2007, 11:46 PM

son!

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

glockmail
07-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Why, does it rush around the room with a crazy look on its face? :laugh2:

Jeez that brings back some funny memories :laugh2: No. It allows me to take control, even if none is warranted.