PDA

View Full Version : Late this morning

jimnyc
05-09-2016, 09:32 AM
Gunny - 10:30am - even if it is 7:30am where you are, wtf? Sleep in today ya lazy bastard? :salute:

As for me, been up since 4, so you know what that means!! :lol9: :coffee2: :hyper:

Gunny
05-09-2016, 09:39 AM
@Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30) - 10:30am - even if it is 7:30am where you are, wtf? Sleep in today ya lazy bastard? :salute:

As for me, been up since 4, so you know what that means!! :lol9: :coffee2: :hyper:

Yeah. My excuse: The GF decided to replace the old bookshelves with new ones. And not just ANY new ones. Ones that weigh a ton each and have more moving parts than my truck. And guess the f- WHO gets to put them together? This was after mowing the lawn.

THEN, I get woke up at 2AM because some d*ckhead is eyeballing the one box left on the porch and halfway up the yard. I mean really? You're going to steal a bookshelf? Someone needs a life.

jimnyc
05-09-2016, 09:43 AM
I know it costs more, but that's why I try to buy shit anymore that's already put together, or have them deliver and put it together. The last thing I did like that is the desk I am sitting at right now. Looked fantastic on the floor display, all was well until the guy brought the hand truck out to my truck to help me load it, and that's when I found it it was like 17,000 pounds. It took me like 9 trips just to get all of the wood up into this room. Then it took me like 4 years to put the damn thing together. And when it's time to move? I'm just taking a chainsaw to the damn thing. I like this desk, but I hate it at the same time.

Gunny
05-09-2016, 09:53 AM
I know it costs more, but that's why I try to buy shit anymore that's already put together, or have them deliver and put it together. The last thing I did like that is the desk I am sitting at right now. Looked fantastic on the floor display, all was well until the guy brought the hand truck out to my truck to help me load it, and that's when I found it it was like 17,000 pounds. It took me like 9 trips just to get all of the wood up into this room. Then it took me like 4 years to put the damn thing together. And when it's time to move? I'm just taking a chainsaw to the damn thing. I like this desk, but I hate it at the same time.

Oh I hear ya. I would MUCH rather buy the display model. And trust me, I wanted to wait 4 years to put these f*ckers together. :laugh:

There's no rhyme nor reason around here and I finally just shut up. One thing I've noticed is most people don't value/count their time. Mine's worth money to me. If it costs less to have the crap put together by someone else than my man hours, I'd just pay. I was putting shelves together all damned day. NOT my idea of fun.

jimnyc
05-09-2016, 09:58 AM
Oh I hear ya. I would MUCH rather buy the display model. And trust me, I wanted to wait 4 years to put these f*ckers together. :laugh:

There's no rhyme nor reason around here and I finally just shut up. One thing I've noticed is most people don't value/count their time. Mine's worth money to me. If it costs less to have the crap put together by someone else than my man hours, I'd just pay. I was putting shelves together all damned day. NOT my idea of fun.

I agree. Damn desk was like $900 bucks. Probably would have been like $100 to have it delivered and setup - and that would have been the best $100 bucks ever spent!! I would NEVER do it again.

And my wife would never let me do so again either, she hates me when I have to put shit together. I start getting pissed off a little and talking to myself, with not so nice words to myself. :)

Gunny
05-09-2016, 10:03 AM
I agree. Damn desk was like $900 bucks. Probably would have been like $100 to have it delivered and setup - and that would have been the best $100 bucks ever spent!! I would NEVER do it again.

And my wife would never let me do so again either, she hates me when I have to put shit together. I start getting pissed off a little and talking to myself, with not so nice words to myself. :)

Sure you ain't related to me? The 19 years old girls starts questioning me and I finally just got up and told her to do it her f-ing self and went out for a smoke. Don't f*ck with me when I'm putting sh*t together ESPECIALLY when you're young enough to be my granddaughter. Some people have no clue. My ex's knew to just hide in the other room.

Which is actually weird. I can stand and wire an electrical panel all day. Bookshelves? Forget that crap.

jimnyc
05-09-2016, 10:10 AM
Sure you ain't related to me? The 19 years old girls starts questioning me and I finally just got up and told her to do it her f-ing self and went out for a smoke. Don't f*ck with me when I'm putting sh*t together ESPECIALLY when you're young enough to be my granddaughter. Some people have no clue. My ex's knew to just hide in the other room.

Which is actually weird. I can stand and wire an electrical panel all day. Bookshelves? Forget that crap.

Should have been around back in 1986 when I got my first waterbed right after graduation from high school. After awhile I was breaking out my switchblade and getting ready to stab that piece of crap.

Abbey Marie
05-09-2016, 10:16 AM

Lol, I LOVE watching Russ put things together. True story.
It's a primal thing for us women.
Maybe that info will help you "enjoy" your next project!

jimnyc
05-09-2016, 10:17 AM
Lol, I LOVE watching Russ put things together. True story.
It's a primal thing for us women.
Maybe that info will help you "enjoy" your next project!

Enjoy as in watching him suffer? :laugh:

Abbey Marie
05-09-2016, 10:19 AM
Enjoy as in watching him suffer? :laugh:

:laugh2: No!

For that, all I need is to see him get out of bed around 11pm because he forgot to gather and put out the trash.

Gunny
05-09-2016, 10:19 AM
Should have been around back in 1986 when I got my first waterbed right after graduation from high school. After awhile I was breaking out my switchblade and getting ready to stab that piece of crap.

You dork. I WAS around in 1986 and inherited a waterbed in 87. Should have seen my ex on that thing. She was pregnant. We're talking beached whale. :laugh2: I HATED that stupid bed. I was however smart enough to not stab it. But I got rid of it. Everytime that whale rolled over I went for a ride. :laugh:

I thought about shooting it a time or two but I knew who would have to clean up the mess.

Elessar
05-09-2016, 12:23 PM
You dork. I WAS around in 1986 and inherited a waterbed in 87. Should have seen my ex on that thing. She was pregnant. We're talking beached whale. :laugh2: I HATED that stupid bed. I was however smart enough to not stab it. But I got rid of it. Everytime that whale rolled over I went for a ride. :laugh:

I thought about shooting it a time or two but I knew who would have to clean up the mess.

I kept my waterbed frame and headboard, refinished it, and
built a new pedestal for it. Then added an extra firm mattress
to it.

Perfect!