PDA

View Full Version : The VP selection for the 2016 election may be of unique importance

Russ
05-11-2016, 04:46 PM
It just occurred to me that the selection of Vice-Presidential running mates for the 2016 election may be the most important VP selection ever.

Assuming the election is Trump vs Hillary, which is a pretty safe assumption now, then both major candidates are people that have both very high "like" and very high "dislike" numbers.

The main thing I'm looking at is the very high dislike numbers. Both have a lot of voters that hate them, and I'm thinking that there may be a lot a voters that really don't like either one of them, and are wondering how to direct their vote in November. So in this election, if either candidate comes up with a really good VP running mate, it may actually make be the thing that gets these voters to vote for them. Much more than any previous Presidential election, I'm thinking.

Any suggestions on running mates for Trump, or for Hillary, that might be a good enough pick to get them a lot of votes?

Here's my suggestions for Trump:
1. Condeleeza Rice
2. Rudy Giuliani
3. maybe John Kasich
4. maybe Ben Carson

... and here's some tongue-in-cheek suggestions for Hillary: :rolleyes:
1. Monica Lewinsky
2. Ambassador Chris Stevens
3. Vince Foster
4. George Soros

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-11-2016, 04:54 PM
It just occurred to me that the selection of Vice-Presidential running mates for the 2016 election may be the most important VP selection ever.

Assuming the election is Trump vs Hillary, which is a pretty safe assumption now, then both major candidates are people that have both very high "like" and very high "dislike" numbers.

The main thing I'm looking at is the very high dislike numbers. Both have a lot of voters that hate them, and I'm thinking that there may be a lot a voters that really don't like either one of them, and are wondering how to direct their vote in November. So in this election, if either candidate comes up with a really good VP running mate, it may actually make be the thing that gets these voters to vote for them. Much more than any previous Presidential election, I'm thinking.

Any suggestions on running mates for Trump, or for Hillary, that might be a good enough pick to get them a lot of votes?

1. Condeleeza Rice
2. Rudy Giuliani
3. maybe John Kasich
4. maybe Ben Carson

1. Monica Lewinsky
3. Vince Foster
4. George Soros

Number 4 owns the Clintons.....lock,stock and barrel--and the obama too....as he is the top (globalist frontman)....TYR

Black Diamond
05-11-2016, 04:56 PM
Condi or Rudy.

Little-Acorn
05-11-2016, 05:58 PM
Janice Rogers Brown.

Unless he's saving her for the Supreme Court along with Ted Cruz.

Perianne
05-11-2016, 06:21 PM
Monica Lewinsky might be the best choice for Hillary as Monica was willing to do the dirty work that Hillary wouldn't do.

jimnyc
05-11-2016, 06:31 PM
1. Condeleeza Rice
2. Rudy Giuliani
3. maybe John Kasich
4. maybe Ben Carson

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Condi run with anyone on the right, or even run for the high office herself. But she has always turned down offers to run for office. I read somewhere that Giuliani won't even endorse Trump as of yet, so I doubt Trump would choose him as Veep. Kasich has already said "no thanks" but that was in regards to him running for his current campaign, so that may have been lip service and he would still think about it? I would also LOVE to see Carson in that slot, but I think the way Trump was speaking earlier, he has eyes for him on Education perhaps. He had mentioned Nikki Haley previously?

Gunny
05-11-2016, 06:34 PM

1. Condeleeza Rice
2. Rudy Giuliani
3. maybe John Kasich
4. maybe Ben Carson

1. Monica Lewinsky
3. Vince Foster
4. George Soros

Disagree. Trump's a yankee. He needs to take the JFK approach and somehow get Cruz aboard. We don't like yankees down here. He needs to consolidate his vote. Cruz can rake in the Southerners.

Elessar
05-11-2016, 06:37 PM

1. Condeleeza Rice
2. Rudy Giuliani
3. maybe John Kasich
4. maybe Ben Carson

1. Monica Lewinsky
3. Vince Foster
4. George Soros

I would go with Condi Rice in a heartbeat! She is very intelligent,
wise, and takes no prisoners. If not as a VP, they definitely in a
Cabinet position.

Rudy would be good as well. He has experience and is a good leader.

Dr. Carson? Not bad at all - but his calling might be for either Sec. of
Health and Human Services or Surgeon General.

I think that Trump might want to open the floor in the next few weeks
as to whom he might consider for a Cabinet. That could sway many people
riding the fence.

Hillary's choices? Never given it a thought!

Elessar
05-11-2016, 06:38 PM
Monica Lewinsky might be the best choice for Hillary as Monica was willing to do the dirty work that Hillary wouldn't do.

Now that was a low-blow!:laugh:

P.S....Pun intended!:laugh:

NightTrain
05-11-2016, 07:00 PM
I'm thinking a military person for Veep. IMO, the CinC should always have military experience, but I realize that's something that doesn't seem to be as important anymore to the average voter.

Politically speaking, Carson would be a good choice. Cruz would too, but I suspect things got too heated for that to happen now.

Elessar
05-11-2016, 07:10 PM
I'm thinking a military person for Veep. IMO, the CinC should always have military experience, but I realize that's something that doesn't seem to be as important anymore to the average voter.

Politically speaking, Carson would be a good choice. Cruz would too, but I suspect things got too heated for that to happen now.

A military person is a good idea, but also necessary for Sec. of Defense.