PDA

View Full Version : What's that? More cowbell says Ricky Nelson?

Said1
07-20-2007, 10:52 PM
:laugh2:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zeOvvQ_tPpQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zeOvvQ_tPpQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

hjmick
07-20-2007, 10:55 PM
I've got a fever...

He was a good looking kid.

I saw him perform once, back when I was in high school. He was good.

nevadamedic
07-20-2007, 10:57 PM
:laugh2:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zeOvvQ_tPpQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zeOvvQ_tPpQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Ricky Nelson is the shit and one of my all time favorites. I would love to see his performance at the Garden if that's anywhere on the net. His son is preforming at Hot August Nights this year doing his dad's act, it should be great!

hjmick
07-20-2007, 11:01 PM
Ricky Nelson is the shit and one of my all time favorites. I would love to see his performance at the Garden if that's anywhere on the net. His son is preforming at Hot August Nights this year doing his dad's act, it should be great!

His sons opened for him at the show I saw, needless to say, they were but pups at the time.

Said1
07-20-2007, 11:03 PM

Some of it might be at Youtube.

nevadamedic
07-20-2007, 11:07 PM
His sons opened for him at the show I saw, needless to say, they were but pups at the time.

I thought they were my age...... Didn't he die in like the 1940s? :laugh2:

nevadamedic
07-20-2007, 11:09 PM
Some of it might be at Youtube.

I looked.

Said1
07-20-2007, 11:11 PM

The Twins?

hjmick
07-20-2007, 11:14 PM
The Twins?

Yeah, long before they were Nelson. Let's see, I was in high school, probably 16 or 17, they're three years younger than I am, so they were 13 or 14. It was an alll night party at an amusement park. Ricky Nelson was the entertainment.

nevadamedic
07-20-2007, 11:15 PM
The Twins?

Wow I didn't realize there was more then one until I just looked at the Hot August Nights website.

Said1
07-20-2007, 11:16 PM
Yeah, long before they were Nelson. Let's see, I was in high school, probably 16 or 17, they're three years younger than I am, so they were 13 or 14. It was an alll night party at an amusement park. Ricky Nelson was the entertainment.

Wow. Was it a good show? What yr was this? I was going to make another comment, but I thought I'd ask that question first. :laugh2:

nevadamedic
07-20-2007, 11:17 PM

Wow I thought you were more like my age........... I hope they don't go down the drug induced path their dad did.

hjmick
07-20-2007, 11:19 PM
Wow. Was it a good show? What yr was this? I was going to make another comment, but I thought I'd ask that question first. :laugh2:

His plane crashed in '85, I left school in '82, so it was probably 1980, I was 16. It was a good show, though the boys were a bit rough as you might imagine. I've always been a Ricky Nelson fan.

hjmick
07-20-2007, 11:20 PM
Wow I thought you were more like my age........... I hope they don't go down the drug induced path their dad did.

Me - 42.

Said1
07-20-2007, 11:21 PM
His plane crashed in '85, I left school in '82, so it was probably 1980, I was 16. It was a good show, though the boys were a bit rough as you might imagine. I've always been a Ricky Nelson fan.

I would assume it was a good show, although I can't imagine high schoolers that age liking him. I would have.

hjmick
07-20-2007, 11:23 PM
I would assume it was a good show, although I can't imagine high schoolers that age liking him. I would have.

I grew up with that music, thanks to my dad. I also love the old radio shows. He had hundreds of reel to reel tapes of the classic old radio programs, Amos and Andy, The Shadow, X Minus One, Gunsmoke, Abbott and Costello, you name it.

Said1
07-20-2007, 11:35 PM
I grew up with that music, thanks to my dad. I also love the old radio shows. He had hundreds of reel to reel tapes of the classic old radio programs, Amos and Andy, The Shadow, X Minus One, Gunsmoke, Abbott and Costello, you name it.

Yeah, Yeah. Cool.

Look. My thead has two pages. TWO. In your face NM. Who's the post/thread whore now? :laugh2:

But seriously, H. I always liked anything with Vincint Price and CBC radio will sometimes play something old and creepy with him in it or narrating. I can't remember the name of the program/s aired though. I should see iffen I can't download one or two.

hjmick
07-20-2007, 11:46 PM
Vincent Price was the voice of Simon Templar on The Saint radio program from 1947 -51.