PDA

View Full Version : Navy Officer Fired

indago
05-13-2016, 07:16 AM
Journalist Lolita Baldor wrote for The Associated Press 13 May 2016:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Navy has fired the commander of the 10 American sailors who wandered into Iranian territorial waters in the Persian Gulf and were captured and held by Iran for about 15 hours.

In a statement Thursday, the Navy said it had lost confidence in Cmdr. Eric Rasch, who was the executive officer of the squadron that included the 10 sailors at the time of the January incident. He was responsible for the training and readiness of the more than 400 sailors in the unit.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_IRAN_US_SAILORS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-05-13-04-08-17)

CSM
05-13-2016, 07:36 AM
Journalist Lolita Baldor wrote for The Associated Press 13 May 2016:
The Navy has fired the commander of the 10 American sailors who wandered into Iranian territorial waters in the Persian Gulf and were captured and held by Iran for about 15 hours.

In a statement Thursday, the Navy said it had lost confidence in Cmdr. Eric Rasch, who was the executive officer of the squadron that included the 10 sailors at the time of the January incident. He was responsible for the training and readiness of the more than 400 sailors in the unit.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_IRAN_US_SAILORS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-05-13-04-08-17)

When bad things happen there ALWAYS must be somebody to blame!

darin
05-13-2016, 07:37 AM
well, not really 'fired' now...re-assigned.

Gunny
05-13-2016, 08:43 AM
He's done. Being relieved of command? He may as well not even think promotion board.

Elessar
05-13-2016, 01:52 PM
He's done. Being relieved of command? He may as well not even think promotion board.

He'll be passed over at least once for certain!
Twice, and it is good night! Time to check the want ads
if he does not have enough time in for retired pay.

Gunny
05-13-2016, 02:18 PM
He'll be passed over at least once for certain!
Twice, and it is good night! Time to check the want ads
if he does not have enough time in for retired pay.

I don't know. You get relieved of your command in the Corps and you can just go ahead bust out those want ads because you ain't going anywhere. You're on the shelf. And if you haven't made at least Major (LtCmdr) you will be forced out on term limits in the Corps before you make 20.

Elessar
05-13-2016, 06:26 PM
I don't know. You get relieved of your command in the Corps and you can just go ahead bust out those want ads because you ain't going anywhere. You're on the shelf. And if you haven't made at least Major (LtCmdr) you will be forced out on term limits in the Corps before you make 20.

It may vary branch to branch. I simply am not sure.

In the CG, 'Relieved for Cause' can be career ending, depending
on the issue and severity. Some just are not fit to command and
may be reassigned. Being in command is not a walk in the park.

But there is that nasty OER that could cause them grief for at
least the next six months.

aboutime
05-15-2016, 08:02 PM
Always find someone to BLAME. This CO is only one, of at least 500 Officers who have been relieved of their duties since Obama took office.
I personally know a Marine Major...who happens to be my counterpart, as the father of my Daughter-in-law. He recently retired from the CORP, and isn't afraid to tell the REAL SKINNY about what is taking place in the Pentagon.

The Obama administration is systematically getting rid of all the military people who WON'T KISS HIS ASS to maintain their rank, or be advanced. The ENTIRE military, ALL OF THE SERVICES know what is, and has been taking place. Which explains why OBAMA is SILENTLY DESPISED, and HATED by those in uniform. And we shouldn't forget POLICE OFFICERS, ICE, FBI, CIA. Just look around.

OBAMA is the First Coming of Hillary....who should also go to jail. But Obama's A.G. won't do that before the election.

Gunny
05-16-2016, 12:10 AM
Always find someone to BLAME. This CO is only one, of at least 500 Officers who have been relieved of their duties since Obama took office.
I personally know a Marine Major...who happens to be my counterpart, as the father of my Daughter-in-law. He recently retired from the CORP, and isn't afraid to tell the REAL SKINNY about what is taking place in the Pentagon.

The Obama administration is systematically getting rid of all the military people who WON'T KISS HIS ASS to maintain their rank, or be advanced. The ENTIRE military, ALL OF THE SERVICES know what is, and has been taking place. Which explains why OBAMA is SILENTLY DESPISED, and HATED by those in uniform. And we shouldn't forget POLICE OFFICERS, ICE, FBI, CIA. Just look around.

OBAMA is the First Coming of Hillary....who should also go to jail. But Obama's A.G. won't do that before the election.

Got to spread it around, but you are right.