PDA

View Full Version : Online shopping

namvet
05-14-2016, 05:38 PM
so I get this email from Walmart this morning. looks like they going to start online grocery shopping with free outside pickup. only way to fly. I have this with Hy-Vee and love it. the closest Walmart to me does not have this running yet. but another one down the freeway does. here's the link to start:

link (http://grocery.walmart.com/usd-estore/m/home/anonymouslanding.jsp?adid=1500000000000039620970&veh=wmt)

any of you shop for chow online?? for me its the best thing since the Guerrilla cheese samwich was invented :laugh:

Elessar
05-14-2016, 05:52 PM
I suppose it would depend on the location. Up here is pretty
remote and such a thing not easily done.

namvet
05-14-2016, 05:55 PM
I suppose it would depend on the location. Up here is pretty
remote and such a thing not easily done.

gimme your address

https://publicintelligence.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/foodbomb5.jpg

Abbey Marie
05-14-2016, 08:02 PM
Thanks to Jim's suggestion, I love Freshdirect

They deliver to my door any day of the week I choose, from early morning up to midnight, bring the stuff inside to my kitchen island (or wherever I choose), and I think I've only once paid a delivery fee.

And they were here in the 2 hour window every time, except when we had a snow storm. Then they were about 20 minutes late. And the web site works very well. They remember what you ordered before so you can easily choose it again.

We are hooked now.

namvet
05-14-2016, 08:28 PM
we are hooked Abbey I remember when my mom took me to these old mom and pop stores. shopping day was usually Saturday. not just for locals but farmers from many miles away. it was also a day to socialize

https://s3.amazonaws.com/objects.artspan.com/member/mellmee/500/116513.jpg

Elessar
05-14-2016, 09:16 PM
gimme your address

https://publicintelligence.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/foodbomb5.jpg
You're on!:laugh:

namvet
05-14-2016, 10:35 PM
You're on!:laugh:

hey think i still have some playboy mags ill throw in to

gabosaurus
05-14-2016, 10:39 PM
Do most of you live in the boonies or what?
There are a half dozen grocery stores within 10 minutes from where I live.
I would never go grocery shopping at Wal Mart. Don't think freshness is a priority for them.

Kathianne
05-14-2016, 10:55 PM
While I do most of my shopping online, I don't really like the idea of someone else picking out produce or meats. I don't know why, just weirds me out.

gabosaurus
05-14-2016, 11:04 PM
While I do most of my shopping online, I don't really like the idea of someone else picking out produce or meats. I don't know why, just weirds me out.

I never shop for clothes online. I need to be able to try things on. Plus, I enjoy going shopping with my daughter. It's a bonding experience.
Like Kathianne, I want to see what I am buying. I am extremely picky about meat and produce.
My sister takes things one step further. She goes to this family-owned grocery store and bribes the butcher to get the best cuts of meat. :laugh:

Elessar
05-14-2016, 11:29 PM
I would never go grocery shopping at Wal Mart. Don't think freshness is a priority for them.

My hometown has barely 2000 year round residents.

It is not at all like LA and Orange counties.

Abbey Marie
05-15-2016, 12:36 AM

I do get mostly dry goods, but I have found they have better produce than my local Safeway. The chicken I've ordered was fine, too. We don't eat other meats, so I couldn't comment, but I'm sure that jimnyc could.

jimnyc
05-15-2016, 09:16 AM

I do get mostly dry goods, but I have found they have better produce than my local Safeway. The chicken I've ordered was fine, too. We don't eat other meats, so I couldn't comment, but I'm sure that @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1) could.

My wife was a little concerned about just that at one point. She would only buy very small amounts of cold cuts and still go shop for other meats. But over time, and likely due to laziness, we've tried more and more of the fresh stuff like that, and the soups and such, and have been pleased with everything! On some holidays we have even bought entire meals from them that you just follow the directions and heat up and it was much better than anticipated!

Gunny
05-15-2016, 09:43 AM

No. We don't hide out in major metropolitan rat holes afraid of our own shadows waiting on the police to protect us. And not being around said rats is a trade off for the convenience.