PDA

View Full Version : Nigga please!

Atticus Finch
05-14-2016, 06:56 PM
Now the tranny bathroom bill is more evil than we all thought.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/not-about-bathrooms-critics-decry-north-carolina-laws-lesser-known-elements/2016/05/14/387946ec-186b-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html

Elessar
05-14-2016, 07:31 PM
Now the tranny bathroom bill is more evil than we all thought.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/not-about-bathrooms-critics-decry-north-carolina-laws-lesser-known-elements/2016/05/14/387946ec-186b-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html

I'm thinking that is a classic case of a terminal butt-hurt
complainer reading between the lines when nothing of
the sort was intended.

Atticus Finch
05-14-2016, 07:32 PM
I'm thinking that is a classic case of a terminal butt-hurt
complainer reading between the lines when nothing of
the sort was intended.always the victim no matter what...I get so sick of it

fj1200
05-17-2016, 01:36 PM
How does the reference to black folks play into all of this?

Atticus Finch
05-17-2016, 03:16 PM
How does the reference to black folks play into all of this?did you read the article?..

Gunny
05-17-2016, 03:28 PM
did you read the article?..

This getting rich. It'd be funny as Hell if it wasn't so tragic and our society at stake. So black transgender people are more important than white transgender people. Wait for the Supremes to rule in their favor.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-17-2016, 03:58 PM
This getting rich. It'd be funny as Hell if it wasn't so tragic and our society at stake. So black transgender people are more important than white transgender people. What for the Supremes to rule in their favor.

Read the memo-- ONLY--
BLACK LIVES MATTER...AND GAYS, TRANSGENDERED AND OTHER SEXUAL PERVERTS-
AFTER ALL-
THE MOHAMBASTARD WAS A SEXUAL PERVERT(RAPING 8 YEAR OLD LITTLE GIRLS) SO THE OBAMA SAYS ITS ALL GOOD..-TYR

fj1200
05-17-2016, 04:43 PM
did you read the article?..

Of course. I was just curious as to why you're unable to make a point without resorting to denigrating language. It shows you have so little argument on which to stand or... worse... IMO.

Black Diamond
05-17-2016, 04:55 PM
Of course. I was just curious as to why you're unable to make a point without resorting to denigrating language. It shows you have so little argument on which to stand or... worse... IMO.
His comment makes a point. It's obvious. You just don't like naughty words.

Gunny
05-17-2016, 04:59 PM
Lighten up a tad, gentlemen. Too many threads are getting trashed around here over pissing contests. Let's all take a deep breath.

FJ -- if you're as smart as I think you are, stop instigating with people just because you can.

fj1200
05-17-2016, 05:06 PM
His comment makes a point. It's obvious. You just don't like naughty words.

A questionable point made worse by choice of language. If he can use big-boy words he should be able to deal with what follows. :)

fj1200
05-17-2016, 05:07 PM
Lighten up a tad, gentlemen. Too many threads are getting trashed around here over pissing contests. Let's all take a deep breath.

FJ -- if you're as smart as I think you are, stop instigating with people just because you can.

Being as smart as I am ;) I can recognize that instigation began at post #1. :)

Atticus Finch
05-17-2016, 05:13 PM
Of course. I was just curious as to why you're unable to make a point without resorting to denigrating language. It shows you have so little argument on which to stand or... worse... IMO.I'm sorry,I guess you are not familar with BLACK comedian Dave Chapelle's comedy.:dunno:

Black Diamond
05-17-2016, 05:13 PM
A questionable point made worse by choice of language. If he can use big-boy words he should be able to deal with what follows. :)
I agree with the second sentence but not the first. No point is either nullified nor made less valid because of one's language

Atticus Finch
05-17-2016, 05:16 PM
Watch this video and you'll understand the title of my thread....white folks need to lighten up.

https://youtu.be/um4wjQAOwHI

fj1200
05-17-2016, 05:26 PM
I'm sorry,I guess you are not familar with BLACK comedian Dave Chapelle's comedy.:dunno:

I am. He's quite humorous.

I agree with the second sentence but not the first. No point is either nullified nor made less valid because of one's language

I disagree. I'll automatically discount an argument made by a KKK member for example.... as it relates to race at the very least.

Watch this video and you'll understand the title of my thread....white folks need to lighten up.

https://youtu.be/um4wjQAOwHI

Good times, good times. Are you black?

Gunny
05-17-2016, 05:28 PM
Being as smart as I am ;) I can recognize that instigation began at post #1. :)

Everyone's on edge over this election and you're just digging in. Don't try and bullshit the bullshitter. Topic please. Or wherever it went aside from the personal crap. Thanks.

fj1200
05-17-2016, 05:30 PM
Everyone's on edge over this election and you're just digging in. Don't try and bullshit the bullshitter. Topic please. Or wherever it went aside from the personal crap. Thanks.

As I said, big-boy words big-boy thread.

Gunny
05-17-2016, 05:36 PM
As I said, big-boy words big-boy thread.

Know your audience. Big boys do that too.

Atticus Finch
05-17-2016, 06:50 PM
I am. He's quite humorous.

I disagree. I'll automatically discount an argument made by a KKK member for example.... as it relates to race at the very least.

Good times, good times. Are you black?I am today.....:dance:

gabosaurus
05-17-2016, 11:35 PM
Lighten up a tad, gentlemen. Too many threads are getting trashed around here over pissing contests.

I have to agree. If only because females are at a distinct disadvantage in pissing contests. :bunny4:

Besides, why should anyone be able to use a word like "nigga" when I can't use the word "****."
Of course, I can still use "redneck cracker." But that privilege is wasted when Jeff isn't here. :p

Black Diamond
05-17-2016, 11:51 PM
I have to agree. If only because females are at a distinct disadvantage in pissing contests. :bunny4:

Besides, why should anyone be able to use a word like "nigga" when I can't use the word "****."
Of course, I can still use "redneck cracker." But that privilege is wasted when Jeff isn't here. :p
Nigga**** please

fj1200
05-18-2016, 10:08 AM
Know your audience. Big boys do that too.

I know my audience. ;)

I am today.....:dance:

Do actual black people agree with that statement?

Gunny
05-18-2016, 12:35 PM
I know my audience. ;)

Do actual black people agree with that statement?

Let's be real here. Black activists will agree to anything that say blacks are being discriminated against for whatever reason.

Elessar
05-18-2016, 01:13 PM
Well, for me AF...
Nigga is not a term I will use vocally or in print.

Gunny
05-18-2016, 01:36 PM
Well, for me AF...
Nigga is not a term I will use vocally or in print.

I will use it to make a point here on the board. I don't think I've ever called anyone that. I wasn't raised like that. Which is surprising since my father is a racist from Hell. But we never learned that from him. One of the few good things I can say about him.

Atticus Finch
05-18-2016, 04:58 PM
hmmm...it seems my kind of humor doesn't play well were.I am not a racist by any means but I don't go around singing the Battle Hymn of the Republic either. It seems odd that a word like nigga is so morally reprehensible to white folks,when blacks use it all the time to address each other.That's why I provided the video link.If we would learn to lighten up, blacks and whites,learn to laugh a little and quit looking to be offended all the time the world would be a better place.

gabosaurus
05-18-2016, 05:01 PM
I wasn't raised like that. Which is surprising since my father is a racist from Hell. But we never learned that from him. One of the few good things I can say about him.

My paternal grandfather used it quite frequently. Along with every other racial and ethnic slur known to exist. But he grew up in Texas circa the mid-20th century, where such language was commonplace and acceptable.
My parents never used such language. And if they caught my sister or I doing such, the bar of soap came out.

DLT
05-18-2016, 05:05 PM

The point he made apparently whooshed right over your little head....IMO. Not his fault. That would be on you. Perhaps since you have such delicate ears, you should put that poster on ignore.

Elessar
05-18-2016, 05:20 PM
hmmm...it seems my kind of humor doesn't play well were.I am not a racist by any means but I don't go around singing the Battle Hymn of the Republic either. It seems odd that a word like nigga is so morally reprehensible to white folks,when blacks use it all the time to address each other.That's why I provided the video link.If we would learn to lighten up, blacks and whites,learn to laugh a little and quit looking to be offended all the time the world would be a better place.

Well..there are some terms when used at leisure or even in a confrontation will
create further hostility. It's best to lay off them.

Elessar
05-18-2016, 05:22 PM
The point he made apparently whooshed right over your little head....IMO. Not his fault. That would be on you. Perhaps since you have such delicate ears, you should put that poster on ignore.

My problem is...I Never put anyone on ignore!

Abbey Marie
05-18-2016, 05:22 PM

AF, just as an fyi. You are not the only person here to make such jokes.

gabosaurus
05-18-2016, 05:31 PM
Atticus, there are a wide range of cultural differences that you are obviously not aware of.
Vaguely similar to the fact that you are tell your wife "bitch, get me a sandwich!" and she might be used to you saying that and not be offended. But if an outsider said the same thing, I am guessing it would not have the same meaning.

Gunny
05-18-2016, 06:49 PM

It will, rookie. I have a sick sense of humor from Hell. Hang around awhile. Once we figure you out, we'll probably bite. I've known thee people for a decade and a half and STILL have to explain myself at times.

Atticus Finch
05-18-2016, 07:09 PM
It will, rookie. I have a sick sense of humor from Hell. Hang around awhile. Once we figure you out, we'll probably bite. I've known thee people for a decade and a half and STILL have to explain myself at times.well I'll say this I like to laugh and I don't hold back on what I think or feel.I'm brutally honest at times when I probably should pull it back.To some that may come off as abrasive but that is how I roll, both here and in the real world.

Atticus Finch
05-18-2016, 07:20 PM
Atticus, there are a wide range of cultural differences that you are obviously not aware of.
Vaguely similar to the fact that you are tell your wife "bitch, get me a sandwich!" and she might be used to you saying that and not be offended. But if an outsider said the same thing, I am guessing it would not have the same meaning.I'm well aware of the the cultural nuances you speak of.Just because I'm from WV doesn't mean I'm some naive hill jack who never made it out of the holler.I am also well aware of the politics of race in this country and I hate it.Race hustlers like Sharpton,Jackson,Wright ,Jones,Obama etc., fall well within my definition of nigger.

Gunny
05-20-2016, 12:17 PM
well I'll say this I like to laugh and I don't hold back on what I think or feel.I'm brutally honest at times when I probably should pull it back.To some that may come off as abrasive but that is how I roll, both here and in the real world.

Again you're a rookie. I'll tell you the same thing I told FJ ...know your audience. Nobody ever has to guess what the Gunny's thinking. :laugh: I'm brutal. I know it. So do most of the people on this board. But I didn't come in guns blazing. I observed first. There are some people I can screw with and some I can't. There are some topics you just don't discuss with certain people.

While I am more than likely to not post a thread with this thread title, I'm not offended by it. Lots of people here are afraid to say it. If you're going to post something controversial, expect return fire.

Another observation I have made is we are supposedly founded on freedom and tolerance; yet, we have one of the most intolerant societies I've ever lived in. You are freer to say what you want in Okinawa.

Atticus Finch
05-20-2016, 01:24 PM
Again you're a rookie. I'll tell you the same thing I told FJ ...know your audience. Nobody ever has to guess what the Gunny's thinking. :laugh: I'm brutal. I know it. So do most of the people on this board. But I didn't come in guns blazing. I observed first. There are some people I can screw with and some I can't. There are some topics you just don't discuss with certain people.

While I am more than likely to not post a thread with this thread title, I'm not offended by it. Lots of people here are afraid to say it. If you're going to post something controversial, expect return fire.

Another observation I have made is we are supposedly founded on freedom and tolerance; yet, we have one of the most intolerant societies I've ever lived in. You are freer to say what you want in Okinawa. Well I thinkin' the best way to find out who is who, is to post something controversial....there is a method to my madness.

Elessar
05-20-2016, 01:38 PM
I'm well aware of the the cultural nuances you speak of.Just because I'm from WV doesn't mean I'm some naive hill jack who never made it out of the holler.I am also well aware of the politics of race in this country and I hate it.Race hustlers like Sharpton,Jackson,Wright ,Jones,Obama etc., fall well within my definition of nigger.

What part of WV? I was raised there: Keyser and Fairmont.

Elessar
05-20-2016, 01:41 PM
know your audience.

Sound advice....should be spread around!

Gunny
05-20-2016, 01:52 PM
Well I thinkin' the best way to find out who is who, is to post something controversial....there is a method to my madness.

Perhaps. And you do what you think you have to. Just try and remember we are all from different regions and walks of life. I had a member quit the board I ran because I wouldn't censor the word "nigger". And I'll be the last one here to tell you to not say what you think. My point is there are consequences for one's actions. You can tell as much about who doesn't make a comment as you can those that throw a fit.

I used to get called nigga by the black guys I played basketball with. I took it as a compliment. I was accepted as someone who could hoop. And I talked trash back at them. Part of the game. But I knew my audience. You call me nigga guess what? But I knew who I could and could not say it to.

I honestly think most of this crap is ridiculous. Watch someone get shot then worry about being called a name. It doesn't register with me. You can call me anything you want. Disagree with me all you want. Just words. I know they mean things. Bullets are more final. They end a discussion.

And this is just advice. That word's not popular here. I also find it ironic you would have the ID you have and this thread title. :laugh:

Atticus Finch
05-20-2016, 02:57 PM
Perhaps. And you do what you think you have to. Just try and remember we are all from different regions and walks of life. I had a member quit the board I ran because I wouldn't censor the word "nigger". And I'll be the last one here to tell you to not say what you think. My point is there are consequences for one's actions. You can tell as much about who doesn't make a comment as you can those that throw a fit.

I used to get called nigga by the black guys I played basketball with. I took it as a compliment. I was accepted as someone who could hoop. And I talked trash back at them. Part of the game. But I knew my audience. You call me nigga guess what? But I knew who I could and could not say it to.

I honestly think most of this crap is ridiculous. Watch someone get shot then worry about being called a name. It doesn't register with me. You can call me anything you want. Disagree with me all you want. Just words. I know they mean things. Bullets are more final. They end a discussion.

And this is just advice. That word's not popular here. I also find it ironic you would have the ID you have and this thread title. :laugh:To Kill a Mockingbird was written well before the race hustlers got involved.

Atticus Finch
05-20-2016, 02:59 PM
What part of WV? I was raised there: Keyser and Fairmont.The Ohio Valley almost in Buckeye Land.I know Fairmont well..My two sons graduated from WVU.

Gunny
05-20-2016, 03:02 PM
To Kill a Mockingbird was written well before the race hustlers got involved.

Wasn't it based on a Clarence Darrow case in the 20's?

Do note I was not and am not criticizing you. I am making a point as it pertains to people. I say crap people don't like all the time. Just be ready for the incoming when you do.

Elessar
05-20-2016, 03:07 PM
The Ohio Valley almost in Buckeye Land.I know Fairmont well..My two sons graduated from WVU.

Lovely country there in those mountains...Parkersburg perhaps?

Atticus Finch
05-20-2016, 03:40 PM
Lovely country there in those mountains...Parkersburg perhaps?a little south of there...I live within a 100 yds of the Ohio River,great fishing most of the time.Mostly smallys ,walleye,sauger and catfish.

fj1200
05-24-2016, 01:26 PM

Who said anything about delicate ears? Any point he had went right out the window. But I'm glad I know where you stand.

fj1200
05-24-2016, 01:32 PM
I'm well aware of the the cultural nuances you speak of.Just because I'm from WV doesn't mean I'm some naive hill jack who never made it out of the holler.I am also well aware of the politics of race in this country and I hate it.Race hustlers like Sharpton,Jackson,Wright ,Jones,Obama etc., fall well within my definition of nigger.

So you start with using it like black folks use it with each other but now you also have your own definition. Alrighty then.

DLT
05-24-2016, 02:18 PM
Who said anything about delicate ears? Any point he had went right out the window. But I'm glad I know where you stand.

Yeah, and we know where you stand, good & plenty. With the idiot left ....in their constant, asinine "political correctness" shaming and chastising little (and I do mean little) selves. Don't you ever get tired of that sanctimonious routine?

DLT
05-24-2016, 02:39 PM
So you start with using it like black folks use it with each other but now you also have your own definition. Alrighty then.

Poor widdle melting delicate little snowflake. :laugh:

It's a shame you can't find something more meaningful to be upset about, eh?

Atticus Finch
05-24-2016, 02:49 PM
So you start with using it like black folks use it with each other but now you also have your own definition. Alrighty then.well it's not a term of endearment either way is it?

fj1200
05-25-2016, 09:15 AM
Yeah, and we know where you stand, good & plenty. With the idiot left ....in their constant, asinine "political correctness" shaming and chastising little (and I do mean little) selves. Don't you ever get tired of that sanctimonious routine?

So by "idiot left" do you mean those who call for adherence to the Constitution and advocating for limited government? Or do you mean those who think that only uneducated and ignorant folks think it's OK to use the N-word? I could cop to those. Nevertheless I don't think you know of what you speak. :)

Poor widdle melting delicate little snowflake. :laugh:

It's a shame you can't find something more meaningful to be upset about, eh?

I am about as upset when someone uses the N-word as I'm upset when people think it acceptable to use "irregardless" when attempting reasoned discussion. I'm more upset that someone who claims the mantle of conservative would think that is an acceptable argument.

well it's not a term of endearment either way is it?

Sure isn't. It says plenty about those who think it OK to use it though.

Atticus Finch
05-25-2016, 09:22 AM
So by "idiot left" do you mean those who call for adherence to the Constitution and advocating for limited government? Or do you mean those who think that only uneducated and ignorant folks think it's OK to use the N-word? I could cop to those. Nevertheless I don't think you know of what you speak. :)

I am about as upset when someone uses the N-word as I'm upset when people think it acceptable to use "irregardless" when attempting reasoned discussion. I'm more upset that someone who claims the mantle of conservative would think that is an acceptable argument.

Sure isn't. It says plenty about those who think it OK to use it though. of course you are including our black friends with that statement ...right?

Black Diamond
05-25-2016, 09:24 AM

Sure isn't. It says plenty about those who think it OK to use it though.
Do you think Mark Twain was ignorant?

fj1200
05-25-2016, 09:26 AM
of course you are including our black friends with that statement ...right?

Yup. I'd probably carve out an exception for comedians though... depending on context.

fj1200
05-25-2016, 09:35 AM
Do you think Mark Twain was ignorant?

No. And I was thinking about just that very example. Vernacular of the day. Do you think he used it to denote racism or used it in a derogatory manner?

But that is not necessarily a reason for replacing it with a gentler (bowdlerised) term. Twain was undoubtedly anti-racist. Friends with African American educator Booker T Washington, he co-chaired the 1906 Silver Jubilee fundraiser at Carnegie Hall for the Tuskegee Institute (http://www.twainquotes.com/19060123.html) – a school run by Washington in Alabama to further "the intellectual and moral and religious life of the [African American] people". He also personally helped fund one of Yale Law School's first African American students, explaining: "We have ground the manhood out of them [African Americans], and the shame is ours, not theirs, and we should pay for it." And his repeated use of that derogatory term in Huckleberry Finn is absolutely deliberate, ringing with irony. When Huck's father, poor and drunken white trash by any standard, learns that "a free nigger ... from Ohio; a mulatter, most as white as a white man ... a p'fessor in a college" is allowed to vote, he reports: "Well, that let me out ... I says I'll never vote agin ... [A]nd the country may rot for all me." It is very clear here whose racial side Twain is on. Similarly when Aunt Sally asks if anyone was hurt in a reported riverboat explosion, and Huck himself answers "No'm. Killed a nigger," she replies, "Well, it's lucky; because sometimes people do get hurt." The whole force of the passage lies in casual acceptance of the African American's dehumanised status, even by Huck, whose socially-inherited language and way of thinking stands firm despite all he has learnt in his journey down-river of the humanity, warmth and affection of the escaped slave Jim – the person who truly acts as a father to him.
https://www.theguardian.com/books/booksblog/2011/jan/05/censoring-mark-twain-n-word-unacceptable

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-25-2016, 09:50 AM

This world is full of sanctimonious people and their sickening arrogance so often knows no bounds.
As full members in the "lets appease everyffing body club" , they walk in circles trying to appear as sages imparting infinite wisdom to the ignorant masses!
I see them as jackasses, all of which reside on the left side of the fence, as no true conservative worships at the massive and cowardly, appeasement altar IMHO..-TYR

fj1200
05-25-2016, 09:53 AM
This world is full of sanctimonious people and their sickening arrogance so often knows no bounds.
As full members in the "lets appease everyffing body club" , they walk in circles trying to appear as sages imparting infinite wisdom to the ignorant masses!
I see them as jackasses, all of which reside on the left side of the fence, as no true conservative worships at the massive and cowardly, appeasement altar IMHO..-TYR

Still hiding I see.

Gunny
05-25-2016, 09:58 AM
No. And I was thinking about just that very example. Vernacular of the day. Do you think he used it to denote racism or used it in a derogatory manner?

https://www.theguardian.com/books/booksblog/2011/jan/05/censoring-mark-twain-n-word-unacceptable

I think he used it as a man of his time. The stories are about the main characters, not the peripheral ones. Jim was a dumbass. Also a product of his time. I loved the character though. You could have made him purple for all I cared.

What color was Lenny in "Of Mice and Men"? Looked pretty damned Wonderbread white to me.

And which leftwingnut socialist President praised "The Birth of a Nation"? The most racist film ever created.

I prefer to look at people in the times they lived in rather than judge them by today's rules.

Kathianne
05-25-2016, 09:58 AM
I find a world of difference between PC and being civil.

I find no problem with Jim's reference to tanning beds to a black acquaintance he was interacting with. If she turned that into 'racist' that would be a PC reaction; in other words to bash someone with no ill intent, just to garner sympathy for being a minority race.

OTOH, gratuitously using words many find hateful, 'just because you can' speaks more about the user than the offended.

fj1200
05-25-2016, 10:03 AM
I think he used it as a man of his time. The stories are about the main characters, not the peripheral ones. Jim was a dumbass. Also a product of his time. I loved the character though. You could have made him purple for all I cared.

What color was Lenny in "Of Mice and Men"? Looked pretty damned Wonderbread white to me.

And which leftwingnut socialist President praised "The Birth of a Nation"? The most racist film ever created.

I prefer to look at people in the times they lived in rather than judge them by today's rules.

That's what 'dem libs do. :spittoon: Case in point Woodrow Wilson and Princeton. And was WW the answer to your question?

Gunny
05-25-2016, 10:30 AM
That's what 'dem libs do. :spittoon: Case in point Woodrow Wilson and Princeton. And was WW the answer to your question?

That would be him.

Black Diamond
05-25-2016, 12:44 PM

No i don't think he did. And i think changing the word from nigger to slave ruins the book

Gunny
05-25-2016, 02:41 PM
No i don't think he did. And i think changing the word from nigger to slave ruins the book

But what does it really matter? If he was slave when slaves were legal, who cares? Look at the stuff we believe in now. Global warming is man-made. Wait until our decedents get done making fun of us for THAT. Hillary's not a criminal. I mean the list goes on and on.

fj1200
05-26-2016, 09:41 AM

True. History is history.

Gunny
05-26-2016, 11:20 AM
True. History is history.

I'm not sure what happened. I read Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer in the first grade. I don't even remember what Tom Sawyer was about. I can tell neither book made me racist against blacks. Blacks made me not like them by their behavior, not mine. And I mean as a general group. As individuals I've had black friends all my life.

Changing the words in a book that is a historical look into what people were thinking at the time is a crime, IMO. I love history but you have to take it in context. Most do not. They want to judge the past by today's rules because it suits their agendas.

And I got a real eye-opener for you peeps ... we Southerners did not and do not call blacks niggers. I never have, nor have I been around anyone from the South that did. The people I was around that did were from the upper Midwest.

DLT
05-26-2016, 03:39 PM

Well stated. I concur. ;)