PDA

View Full Version : Test

Abbey Marie
05-17-2016, 10:36 AM
Of notifications system. jimnyc

jimnyc
05-17-2016, 10:49 AM
Of notifications system. @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1)

The notifications are definitely working, but that one is lost. Went to the store and came home to 2,488 notifications. Uggghh. It's up to 27,000 in converting. :(

Gunny
05-17-2016, 11:39 AM
I'm about test my PC through the glass door. It decided on its own last night to upgrade to Windows 10. WTF? If I wanted Windows 10 I'd have downloaded Windows 10 myself. Now I got to figure this weird crap out.

And apparently said upgrade has decided to show me the total number of notifications I've ever had in the notifications banner which I find annoying as Hell.

Elessar
05-17-2016, 11:43 AM
I'm about test my PC through the glass door. It decided on its own last night to upgrade to Windows 10. WTF? If I wanted Windows 10 I'd have downloaded Windows 10 myself. Now I got to figure this weird crap out.

And apparently said upgrade has decided to show me the total number of notifications I've ever had in the notifications banner which I find annoying as Hell.

I do not like W-10. It is a lot harder to search, manipulate and manage
for a non-techie such as me. I may go back to W-7.

jimnyc
05-17-2016, 12:08 PM

You're probably best getting used to it, as it's inevitable. But Fwiw, if you end up truly hating it for now - it is reversible!

Gunny
05-17-2016, 12:14 PM
You're probably best getting used to it, as it's inevitable. But Fwiw, if you end up truly hating it for now - it is reversible!

Bubba, I was fine with Windows 4. This is like my so-called "smart phone". I talk and text and it took almost an act of Congress to get me to learn to text. Give me a flip top. This constantly changing crap gets on my nerves. Especially doing it without me asking for it. All I care about speed. The only thing I do on my PC is watch videos on youtube and post here. Sometimes I check my e-mail.

jimnyc
05-17-2016, 12:17 PM
Bubba, I was fine with Windows 4. This is like my so-called "smart phone". I talk and text and it took almost an act of Congress to get me to learn to text. Give me a flip top. This constantly changing crap gets on my nerves. Especially doing it without me asking for it. All I care about speed. The only thing I do on my PC is watch videos on youtube and post here. Sometimes I check my e-mail.

I believe I have a really old diskette installation of Windows 3.1 somewhere if you would like it! And I know I also have a copy of that awful thing called Windows 95.

It's funny, looking back, Windows 3.1 is kinda like the new smart phones, only dumber!

(I think I have a few copies of DOS too!)

Gunny
05-17-2016, 12:44 PM
I believe I have a really old diskette installation of Windows 3.1 somewhere if you would like it! And I know I also have a copy of that awful thing called Windows 95.

It's funny, looking back, Windows 3.1 is kinda like the new smart phones, only dumber!

(I think I have a few copies of DOS too!)

Dude, I started on a Displaywriter with 7" disks that could hold about a page and a half each. I was like, but sir, I'm a grunt". Yeah, but you're in charge now, MF-er so do the after action report. To this day, I honestly cannot type in the orthodox manner. I have to look at the keys most of the time.

Plus I'm getting old, remember? I hate people changing sh*t on me.