PDA

View Full Version : Who Would You?

Elessar
05-18-2016, 05:09 PM
Look...election season can be stressful on many!

I am proposing something that is an alteration from a thing I
read back years ago: "Who in History would you invite to dinner and why?"

For here, I am going to toss it out to the forum in another manner:

Who in DP would you like to meet for a soda, coffee, beer, or wine?
Hypothetically speaking of course.

Mine in no particular order except the top two:
@Bilgerat (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=3372)...we've known each other for years and he is a good man!
Funny and foul (at times), but very honorable.
@Kaimhel (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=3691)...we've been together as friends for a long time. She is
sweet and very caring...plus a great writer, if she gets off her butt
to do it!

Some others:
@Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30)...no need to explain...I respect and honor him.
jimnyc...he is a good host...and is level-headed.
@gabosaurus (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=111)..I do not mind her differences at all.

There are more...but let's make it a start.

****Warning! If someone derails this to just be malicious, I will ask
the first Mod or Admin to lock it!******

gabosaurus
05-18-2016, 05:27 PM
WARNING: My DP personality is nowhere close to how I am in real life.
If we met for lunch, I wouldn't talk politics. I would show you pictures of my daughter, brag endlessly and follow with discussion of the most recent Dodgers game. Then we could share mutual bitches and complaints.

Who would I invite? Hmmm...
First would be Gunny, so I could psychoanalyze him in person.
Also Jim, so we could discuss mutual housewife/househusband complaints.
Definitely Abbey and Kathianne, so I could pick their brains about the raising of teenage girls.
Elessar because I think we could hold an intelligent conversation.
And, of course, Tyr. So my daughter can read poetry to him. And then he could meet my ultra-liberal dad. I am guessing my neighbors would be glad to teach him some Muslim prayers. In the original Arabic, even! Chopping off his head would be optional. :rolleyes:

Elessar
05-18-2016, 05:36 PM
WARNING: My DP personality is nowhere close to how I am in real life.
If we met for lunch, I wouldn't talk politics. I would show you pictures of my daughter, brag endlessly and follow with discussion of the most recent Dodgers game. Then we could share mutual bitches and complaints.

Who would I invite? Hmmm...
First would be Gunny, so I could psychoanalyze him in person.
Also Jim, so we could discuss mutual housewife/househusband complaints.
Definitely Abbey and Kathianne, so I could pick their brains about the raising of teenage girls.
Elessar because I think we could hold an intelligent conversation.
And, of course, Tyr. So my daughter can read poetry to him. And then he could meet my ultra-liberal dad. I am guessing my neighbors would be glad to teach him some Muslim prayers. In the original Arabic, even! Chopping off his head would be optional. :rolleyes:

Good start, Gabby.

Abbey and Kathi are pretty sharp!

Bilgerat
05-18-2016, 05:55 PM
I'm a much "nicer" person IRL, I don't see the need on a face to face to waste time with someone who's going to raise my blood pressure.

Beer, coffee or of course sweet tea is all good!

Paul is a fellow Coastie and of course I'd like to meet with him, but I can't imagine not being able to sit with anyone else.

Elessar
05-18-2016, 07:06 PM
Paul is a fellow Coastie and of course I'd like to meet with him, but I can't imagine not being able to sit with anyone else.

I'd do that in a New York Minute, Jon!

aboutime
05-18-2016, 07:14 PM
Drummond, Tyr, Abbey, Jim, Elessar, and all the Veterans. Just in case I need pallbearers!:laugh:

Seriously. Since most of us have never spoken, or seen one-another. EVERYBODY at DP.

This medium of being totally Anonymous Online....STINKS.

Gunny
05-18-2016, 07:38 PM
Tough question. I was almost stumped for once. I can't think of anyone on this board I would NOT have dinner with. It would depend on circumstance. I can't pick one person. Everyone of y'all intrigue me at times. I honestly don't dislike anyone here.

BUT ....

I'd love to have a steak with the Sergeant Major. We could sit there and not say sh*t to each other at the SNCO Club. :laugh: I could bring kathianne as my date so we could all say nothing. :laugh:

I'd love to go hang with Jeff. Go down t Pritchett's and get some catfish and hush puppies.

I can think of a reason individually with each and every regular member here I'd want to have dinner with them. That'd be a pretty long post though.

Kathianne
05-18-2016, 08:00 PM
Tough question. I was almost stumped for once. I can't think of anyone on this board I would NOT have dinner with. It would depend on circumstance. I can't pick one person. Everyone of y'all intrigue me at times. I honestly don't dislike anyone here.

BUT ....

I'd love to have a steak with the Sergeant Major. We could sit there and not say sh*t to each other at the SNCO Club. :laugh: I could bring kathianne as my date so we could all say nothing. :laugh:

I'd love to go hang with Jeff. Go down t Pritchett's and get some catfish and hush puppies.

I can think of a reason individually with each and every regular member here I'd want to have dinner with them. That'd be a pretty long post though.

I'd go with you and CSM anytime, pretty sure I could hold my own once I got by my innate shyness. ;) What you said about liking just about everyone, goes for me too.

Now if it's going to be a girl session, I'd go with Abbey, Gabby, and Trigg for certain! Would be mucho fun! Cabana boys, as we'd go to the beach! OMG! Almost forgot Sassy, she'd have to be there!

Gunny
05-18-2016, 08:07 PM
I'd go with you and CSM anytime, pretty sure I could hold my own once I got by my innate shyness. ;) What you said about liking just about everyone, goes for me too.

Now if it's going to be a girl session, I'd go with Abbey, Gabby, and Trigg for certain! Would be mucho fun! Cabana boys, as we'd go to the beach! OMG! Almost forgot Sassy, she'd have to be there!

I wouldn't go anywhere with the four of you. I like my eyes and teeth right where they are.

You'd be surprised. I never talk. And women scare the crap out of me. I'd rather face ISIS with a pen knife. I think trying to jump the Grand Canyon would be better than hanging out with you four.

Kathianne
05-18-2016, 08:08 PM
I wouldn't go anywhere with the four of you. I like my eyes and teeth right where they are.

You'd be surprised. I never talk. And women scare the crap out of me. I'd rather face ISIS with a pen knife. I think trying to jump the Grand Canyon would be better than hanging out with you four.

Well no worries, we wouldn't invite you to our girls session, regardless of your perceived gender of the day, we do discriminate. ;)

Gunny
05-18-2016, 08:14 PM
Well no worries, we wouldn't invite you to our girls session, regardless of your perceived gender of the day, we do discriminate. ;)

I don't think my gender's ever changed. And I promise, I wouldn't feel the least bit offended at not being invited. :laugh:

But here's the joke on you .... you and I have lived closer to each other for the last 6 years. When you were in Chicago I was in Farmington. Now, you're around Phoenix and I'm in Albuquerque. :laugh: Everyone else lives somewhere else.

Kathianne
05-18-2016, 08:19 PM
I don't think my gender's ever changed. And I promise, I wouldn't feel the least bit offended at not being invited. :laugh:

But here's the joke on you .... you and I have lived closer to each other for the last 6 years. When you were in Chicago I was in Farmington. Now, you're around Phoenix and I'm in Albuquerque. :laugh: Everyone else lives somewhere else.

Well I'm pretty far north of Phoenix, but yea. First you come to IL, then I hit the SW. Stars align! LOL!

Gunny
05-18-2016, 08:29 PM
Well I'm pretty far north of Phoenix, but yea. First you come to IL, then I hit the SW. Stars align! LOL!

You can't blame this one on me. I'm from Texas. I didn't know you were stalking me. :laugh2:

gabosaurus
05-18-2016, 09:11 PM

We're women. We have ways of making you talk. :death:

First, we would take you shopping for shoes. So you can look extra special after we take you for a pedicure. Perhaps we could visit a spa.

Gunny
05-18-2016, 09:26 PM
We're women. We have ways of making you talk. :death:

First, we would take you shopping for shoes. So you can look extra special after we take you for a pedicure. Perhaps we could visit a spa.

Yeah right. I'm going to lift weights then mow the lawn while you're gone.

Elessar
05-18-2016, 11:44 PM
See? This opened up some delightful banter! About time,
although I feel a bit left out.:laugh:

Just kidding, of course.

Abbey Marie
05-18-2016, 11:47 PM
For reasons well known by them, my first order of business would have to be coffee with Kathianne & NightTrain.

If I survived that, I'd be very happy to have a drink with almost anyone here.

Then, I'd have to have some NYC pizza with Mr. NYC himself, the Boss.

:coffee:

Elessar
05-18-2016, 11:49 PM

BUT ....

Ohh, for goodness sakes!

Just open up and spill your gut feelings for once, hardhead jarhead!:laugh:

darin
05-19-2016, 01:28 AM
This isn't hypothetical - I'm going to have a beer with Nighttrain. And Jim. That will happen. And if i'm in Jim's area, it's not too awfully far, and if its not too much of a cop-out - an eastern-seaboard trip is in order. CSM, Abs, Jim - everyone I know back east. Would love that. A big table and lots of booze and grub.

Then southeast - Maybe in one of the Carolinas for another group.

Then a mid-west....then a Texas....Honestly, when I'm, done here in Europe I am aiming for a month or two off work, chillin in a 4x4 with my dogs and a roof top tent. I'll be around. :)

Any of you guys wanna beer in Munich just lemme know :)

Kathianne
05-19-2016, 02:49 AM
For reasons well known by them, my first order of business would have to be coffee with @Kathianne (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=8) & @NightTrain (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=89).

If I survived that, I'd be very happy to have a drink with almost anyone here.

Then, I'd have to have some NYC pizza with Mr. NYC himself, the Boss.

That would be one pricey coffee for two of us! LOL! Would be too fun though, meeting at 4:30 or so in the morning! :coffee:

Noir
05-19-2016, 07:37 AM
There's quite a few I'd be interested to meet, but if I'd to narrow it to one I'd say Revelarts.

Some slight pangs of regret that I've missed chances to meet Sassy, Nuke, and Trigg in the past but things just didn't quite work out those times.

darin
05-19-2016, 08:22 AM
Ryanair means I'm only a couple hours from Ireland. :D

Gunny
05-19-2016, 01:27 PM
Ohh, for goodness sakes!

Just open up and spill your gut feelings for once, hardhead jarhead!:laugh:

You don't quite know my history and people on message boards. Ask me this 10 years ago. However, we are talking THIS board, here and now. Also note I said regular members ... as in those that post on a daily basis and I interact with daily. I don't dislike people because I disagree with them. A lot of people do though it seems.

Honestly, I can't answer the question and it ain't trying to be PC. I can think of all kinds of reasons for why with everyone here.

Our medium of communication on this board is written word. I either write or I don't communicate. In real life, I hardly ever speak. I watch people. I don't interact with them unless necessary. I've always been that way.

I was trying to make a list and the reasons but I'm going to default to my original response. The people I would kill with my butterknife no longer post here. At least at this point in time. :laugh:

CSM
05-20-2016, 06:03 AM
hmmm.... I would meet with pretty much anyone from this board given the opportunity. Meeting with Gunny would be cool; more like a strategy tactics discussion on who we are going to take out next...that and tell war stories. That goes for any of the vets. Meeting any of the ladies would be a hoot. Rev, FJ, Tyr... and all the rest would be very interesting too.

Noir
05-20-2016, 07:13 AM
Ryanair means I'm only a couple hours from Ireland. :D

Well what are you waiting for? Sure to weather is bad, but the food is terrible (:

darin
05-20-2016, 08:11 AM
Well what are you waiting for? Sure to weather is bad, but the food is terrible (:

I'm thinking August. Me and my Daughter - she is in love with ireland. For real. Wants to go to school there.

Abbey Marie
05-20-2016, 08:15 AM
We have a cruise to Bermuda tomorrow, and the annual Maine vacation after that, but our next planned trip is to Ireland and Scotland.

:cool:

Kathianne
05-20-2016, 08:43 AM
We have a cruise to Bermuda tomorrow, and the annual Maine vacation after that, but our next planned trip is to Ireland and Scotland.

:cool:

Have I mentioned that I hate you? :laugh2: Less than 2 weeks and I'm in Chicago for a week! Woot!!!

darin
05-20-2016, 08:51 AM
Have I mentioned that I hate you? :laugh2: Less than 2 weeks and I'm in Chicago for a week! Woot!!!

Keep your head down, hun :)

Kathianne
05-20-2016, 08:53 AM
Keep your head down, hun :)

LOL! I will. Mostly in the suburbs, though I will spend a day and night with youngest.

My future daughter-in-law is a domestic violence lawyer, there was a shooting in front of the courthouse she was appearing in yesterday, just before she arrived. :(

Abbey Marie
05-20-2016, 09:01 AM

Lol. We just didn't know what to do with all the money we saved on our flawless remodel. :rolleyes:

Kathianne
05-20-2016, 09:05 AM
Lol. We just didn't know what to do with all the money we saved on our flawless remodel. :rolleyes:

LOL! At least you'll catch your ship in a clean manner! :beer:

Abbey Marie
05-20-2016, 09:45 AM

That's true.

And daughter is already complaining! I may need to find a way to get a Xanax scrip, lol.

Gunny
05-20-2016, 10:29 AM

Anyone that would voluntarily board a ship for days is nuts. I'll go fishing for the day still, but that's about it. Especially one that has more weight above water than it drafts. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
05-20-2016, 01:29 PM
Anyone that would voluntarily board a ship for days is nuts. I'll go fishing for the day still, but that's about it. Especially one that has more weight above water than it drafts. :laugh:

So I guess that means you're not going on the DP cruise?

Elessar
05-20-2016, 01:56 PM

I would not. I did plenty of cruises, courtesy of Uncle Sam!
They were not 7-dayers, either. After a while, all the dry stores -
bread, beans, and veggies tasted and smelled like diesel fuel.
Imitation milk...Yuck! and no buttermilk!

Gunny
05-20-2016, 02:10 PM

I think not. If I can't go out in the morning and be home by afternoon, no. I hate ships. You sound like my wife. After spending 240 days at sea and getting home "Let's go on a cruise to relax". I was like I don't f-ing think so. Y'all can e-mail me. :laugh:

CSM
05-21-2016, 05:53 AM
All I can say is that I love going on cruises.... any comparison to Government run maritime excursions is just plain invalid. That would be comparing driving a deuce and a half with driving the latest model luxury car. I think Gunny should go on one; we'll just drug him up, stick him in a lounge chair pool side and feed him bonbons the whole trip. The rest of us can enjoy the cruise AND make fun of Gunny right in front of him!

Bilgerat
05-21-2016, 06:37 AM
All I can say is that I love going on cruises.... any comparison to Government run maritime excursions is just plain invalid. That would be comparing driving a deuce and a half with driving the latest model luxury car. I think Gunny should go on one; we'll just drug him up, stick him in a lounge chair pool side and feed him bonbons the whole trip. The rest of us can enjoy the cruise AND make fun of Gunny right in front of him!

So you're saying Gunny is sort of like BA Baracus, except Gunny hates ships

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/68475409.jpg

CSM
05-21-2016, 06:41 AM

Close enough! I bet he would actually like it but of course, if he did go on a cruise and actually enjoyed himself, he would have to maintain the façade and bitch and moan about it afterwards. I fully understand that!

Abbey Marie
05-21-2016, 06:57 AM

Lol! Sounds almost like a Weekend at Bernies scene. :laugh2:

Elessar
05-21-2016, 12:22 PM

:laugh2:

Gunny
05-21-2016, 02:01 PM

Says YOU. You can stick me in a lounge chair in Daytona. On the friggin' beach. You can dance in circles around me long as long as I got some Corona. Just don't bring me no shots. If it ain't a one day skirmish for fish, I ain't getting me on no damned boat.

Gunny
05-21-2016, 02:02 PM

I wondered at first why you squids were so insane until I learned why. :laugh:

Bilgerat
05-21-2016, 04:57 PM
I would not. I did plenty of cruises, courtesy of Uncle Sam!
They were not 7-dayers, either. After a while, all the dry stores -
bread, beans, and veggies tasted and smelled like diesel fuel.
Imitation milk...Yuck! and no buttermilk!

Bos'n Mates, always complaining about something (lol)

The son I inherited has requested us to join him and his fiancee next month for their wedding/cruise to the Bahamas. We went on a cruise last year and thoroughly enjoyed the passage!

I updated from a Junior Suite to a "Grand" Suite at the last minute for a very low price. His sister, husband and our grandson are coming along (in a different cabin) and we are looking foward to having a great time!

Elessar
05-21-2016, 07:33 PM

You can be a real turd at times!:laugh:

Gunny
05-22-2016, 08:58 AM

The son I inherited has requested us to join him and his fiancee next month for their wedding/cruise to the Bahamas. We went on a cruise last year and thoroughly enjoyed the passage!

I updated from a Junior Suite to a "Grand" Suite at the last minute for a very low price. His sister, husband and our grandson are coming along (in a different cabin) and we are looking foward to having a great time!

You can be a real turd at times!:laugh:

Old saying in the Corps .. if a Marine ain't bitching about something he ain't happy. It's when we ain't bitching when it's time to worry. :laugh:

Squids are just as bad. Sh*t, if y'all weren't bitching about something I'd start worrying. Y'all can find more sh*t to gripe about than we can. At least we get it. Try explaining that to a civilian.

Bilgerat
05-22-2016, 10:05 AM
Old saying in the Corps .. if a Marine ain't bitching about something he ain't happy. It's when we ain't bitching when it's time to worry. :laugh:

Squids are just as bad. Sh*t, if y'all weren't bitching about something I'd start worrying. Y'all can find more sh*t to gripe about than we can. At least we get it. Try explaining that to a civilian.

THAT's on target! :laugh: :salute: :laugh:

Gunny
05-22-2016, 10:24 AM
THAT's on target! :laugh: :salute: :laugh:

I find it rather weird that people think I have a negative attitude when the exact opposite is the truth. I'm just a jarhead. I can find something wrong with anything. :laugh:

crin63
05-22-2016, 10:49 AM
I find it rather weird that people think I have a negative attitude when the exact opposite is the truth. I'm just a jarhead. I can find something wrong with anything. :laugh:

Maybe that just makes you a professional who expects things to be done as correctly as the opportunity provides for. People always tell me I'm OCD and that might be a bit true, but I'm inclined to think more along the lines that it's not settling for sloppy, shoddy efforts at doing any task. Do it right or don't do it.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-22-2016, 10:49 AM
edited...

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-22-2016, 10:50 AM
[B]I'd meet in friendship with most of the current members here or even as an adversary with a few......Preferably in friendship,
and (civil manner) even with my few foes here if there was good cause to do so but in that specific case, with a sharp blade in pocket just in case.. ;)
I learned long ago to always be prepared...
The sort term for that is called--"survival"....
I didnt make it to old age in the environment I cast myself my entire life by not being wise and prepared to defend myself any minute of any day..
Preparation being the greatest key to survival...-Tyr

crin63
05-22-2016, 11:26 AM
I would like to sit down and have cup of coffee or 6 with Jim, Jeff, Gunny and Darrin. Talk about a diverse world there.

Elessar
05-22-2016, 11:38 AM
Maybe that just makes you a professional who expects things to be done as correctly as the opportunity provides for. People always tell me I'm OCD and that might be a bit true, but I'm inclined to think more along the lines that it's not settling for sloppy, shoddy efforts at doing any task. Do it right or don't do it.

I rather think that sums up a lot of us Vets

Gunny
05-22-2016, 02:52 PM
I would like to sit down and have cup of coffee or 6 with Jim, Jeff, Gunny and Darrin. Talk about a diverse world there.

Hmmm ... maybe. We aren't as diverse as you might think. I can relate to each and every one of them. I suspect whether or not they can relate to me, they kinda got what I'm going to do down pat. We've been around each other for quite awhile. And talk about dancing with danger. You want to put me, Jim and coffee in the same room? :laugh2:

crin63
05-22-2016, 03:43 PM
Hmmm ... maybe. We aren't as diverse as you might think. I can relate to each and every one of them. I suspect whether or not they can relate to me, they kinda got what I'm going to do down pat. We've been around each other for quite awhile. And talk about dancing with danger. You want to put me, Jim and coffee in the same room? :laugh2:

LOL, I'm not afraid. I worked with all manner of cantankerous types.

Gunny
05-22-2016, 03:54 PM
LOL, I'm not afraid. I worked with all manner of cantankerous types.

I suspect it would be more like entertainment. :)

Elessar
05-22-2016, 04:20 PM

Dangerous! Someone block the door!

Gunny
05-22-2016, 05:16 PM

I kind of missed this one. I'm a perfectionist. I also am human. We screw up. That isn't the way I define people. I define them by the good they do. Antiquated idea, I know. Learned it from my grandfather. As a Marine and electrician after I retired, I corrected mistakes. I never held it against anyone. How they chose to take it is on them. I've had people tell me the weirdest sh*t about me that had/has absolutely nothing to do with me.

Fix the problem. In real time, in both my careers, it can cost your your life. Learn from the training. They don't keep us crusty old dudes around for no reason.

Gunny
05-22-2016, 06:17 PM
Y'all perverts just put your junk back in your drawers, but I'd love to go to lunch/dinner with kathianne.

Kathianne
05-22-2016, 06:21 PM
Y'all perverts just put your junk back in your drawers, but I'd love to go to lunch/dinner with kathianne.
:beer: No fast food! :laugh2:

Gunny
05-22-2016, 06:38 PM

Not a problem. I eat fast food about once a month. I eat meat and whole grains. I have to dig around here to find something that isn't just trash.

Kaimhel
05-23-2016, 09:14 PM
Look...election season can be stressful on many!

I am proposing something that is an alteration from a thing I
read back years ago: "Who in History would you invite to dinner and why?"

For here, I am going to toss it out to the forum in another manner:

Who in DP would you like to meet for a soda, coffee, beer, or wine?
Hypothetically speaking of course.

Mine in no particular order except the top two:
@Bilgerat (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=3372)...we've known each other for years and he is a good man!
Funny and foul (at times), but very honorable.
@Kaimhel (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=3691)...we've been together as friends for a long time. She is
sweet and very caring...plus a great writer, if she gets off her butt
to do it!

Some others:
@Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30)...no need to explain...I respect and honor him.
@jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1)...he is a good host...and is level-headed.
@gabosaurus (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=111)..I do not mind her differences at all.

There are more...but let's make it a start.

****Warning! If someone derails this to just be malicious, I will ask
the first Mod or Admin to lock it!******

I DO write, you silly Redneck! :laugh: You have read many of my items!

And just for that, I am not sharing my bottle of Jack with you!

Elessar
05-24-2016, 12:02 AM
I DO write, you silly Redneck! :laugh: You have read many of my items!

And just for that, I am not sharing my bottle of Jack with you!

Still Love you, even if you are selfish!:lol:

Gunny
05-24-2016, 07:17 AM

Not a problem. I eat fast food about once a month. I eat meat and whole grains. I have to dig around here to find something that isn't just trash.

I had to get back to this one. Steaks on the grill. Baked potato and salad. Maybe a green veggie. And a Corona. Despite popular myth, beer doesn't even phase me. But no wine for YOU. You are as nasty on wine as I am on Jack. :laugh:

CSM
05-24-2016, 07:21 AM
I had to get back to this one. Steaks on the grill. Baked potato and salad. Maybe a green veggie. And a Corona. Despite popular myth, beer doesn't even phase me. But no wine for YOU. You are as nasty on wine as I am on Jack. :laugh:

Right there with ya (except for the Corona as I don't drink).

Gunny
05-24-2016, 07:33 AM
Right there with ya (except for the Corona as I don't drink).

I don't either. It just sounded good. You know from past convo's it isn't a don't, it's a can't with me. I turn into a complete jackass. Moreso than I usually am. :laugh:

CSM
05-24-2016, 07:52 AM
I don't either. It just sounded good. You know from past convo's it isn't a don't, it's a can't with me. I turn into a complete jackass. Moreso than I usually am. :laugh:

Understood... same with me... my scintillating, charismatic personality transforms into hulk-tastic dumbass.

Gunny
05-24-2016, 08:41 AM
Understood... same with me... my scintillating, charismatic personality transforms into hulk-tastic dumbass.

That just reminded me of something. I can't remember which mouthpiece said it, but I heard on the news Obama was going to go to Nam and drink Tiger beer. That's Malaysian beer. Do they sell that crap in Nam? I only ever had it in Singapore. It was really cheap and I was treating the boys. I had a rule ... hang with me and I'll pay. It kept the boys out of trouble. Then a certain Sergeant called me an old man and said I couldn't drink just because at the time, I didn't. I could sweat beer out faster in Singapore than I could put it down. The last man standing lost count at 32 cups for me. :laugh: Little jerk off troops. Think they're so smart and cool. The Sgt was under the table. :laugh2: We had to carry his a$$ back to the ship.

CSM
05-24-2016, 08:47 AM
That just reminded me of something. I can't remember which mouthpiece said it, but I heard on the news Obama was going to go to Nam and drink Tiger beer. That's Malaysian beer. Do they sell that crap in Nam? I only ever had it in Singapore. It was really cheap and I was treating the boys. I had a rule ... hang with me and I'll pay. It kept the boys out of trouble. Then a certain Sergeant called me an old man and said I couldn't drink just because at the time, I didn't. I could sweat beer out faster in Singapore than I could put it down. The last man standing lost count at 32 cups for me. :laugh: Little jerk off troops. Think they're so smart and cool. The Sgt was under the table. :laugh2: We had to carry his a$$ back to the ship.

LOL... oh, back in the day, I could throw down some booze.... I wasn't around civilization too much when I was over there in the pucker brush so didn't see much of any kind of alcohol. Did all my drinking when I got back to CONUS. I am not a nice person when I've had a bunch.... My motto when drunk was "we are going to f*ck, fight, or go for our guns .... any one of them or all three at a time" .... good thing I was only E-4/E-5 and not the CSM back then.... finally smartened up by the time I made E-7

Gunny
05-24-2016, 09:11 AM
LOL... oh, back in the day, I could throw down some booze.... I wasn't around civilization too much when I was over there in the pucker brush so didn't see much of any kind of alcohol. Did all my drinking when I got back to CONUS. I am not a nice person when I've had a bunch.... My motto when drunk was "we are going to f*ck, fight, or go for our guns .... any one of them or all three at a time" .... good thing I was only E-4/E-5 and not the CSM back then.... finally smartened up by the time I made E-7

I can't drink enough beer to get drunk. Mine's tequila. That's game on juice.

And I'm glad I didn't dumb up until after I retired. I was always focused on the mission. Plus, I had kids I was responsible for. I couldn't afford to be drunk. I think it was once I wasn't needed I started sliding down the rail.

Kathianne
05-24-2016, 12:29 PM

LOL! I don't drink anymore, at all. Good thing, though I never end up in jail. ;) The menu is more than acceptable, but I think I'll make the salad. :laugh2:

Said1
05-25-2016, 06:50 PM
I'll keep my original list from 2004? :laugh2:

Gunny
05-25-2016, 08:01 PM
I'll keep my original list from 2004? :laugh2:

Which one of us do you think remembers that crap? Crap, I was all proud of myself remembering your UserID. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
05-31-2016, 06:04 PM
I think not. If I can't go out in the morning and be home by afternoon, no. I hate ships. You sound like my wife. After spending 240 days at sea and getting home "Let's go on a cruise to relax". I was like I don't f-ing think so. Y'all can e-mail me. :laugh:

The ship did seem to "roll" a bit the first night, and it felt weird. But after that, it was all great. Possibly our best vacation.

Gunny
05-31-2016, 07:02 PM
The ship did seem to "roll" a bit the first night, and it felt weird. But after that, it was all great. Possibly our best vacation.

I find it interesting to listen to some of you. And I don't mean any offense by it. I guess it's a civilian thing. "Let's go on a cruise". How about let's don't? Why anyone would want to get on a ship and roll around in the water for days beats me. I guess if you spent 7 months at sea each float it'd be different. And it's different for me than the squids on the board. I was young n dumb, didn't do the math and didn't know Marines went to sea. It just didn't click even though I'd been around Marines all my childhood and read the book.

All I'd want to do is drink. I'm not allowed. If I did, me on a shipfull of morons drunk means there's only one way off. Hope you can swim. :laugh:

aboutime
05-31-2016, 07:31 PM
I find it interesting to listen to some of you. And I don't mean any offense by it. I guess it's a civilian thing. "Let's go on a cruise". How about let's don't? Why anyone would want to get on a ship and roll around in the water for days beats me. I guess if you spent 7 months at sea each float it'd be different. And it's different for me than the squids on the board. I was young n dumb, didn't do the math and didn't know Marines went to sea. It just didn't click even though I'd been around Marines all my childhood and read the book.

All I'd want to do is drink. I'm not allowed. If I did, me on a shipfull of morons drunk means there's only one way off. Hope you can swim. :laugh:

Gunny. Now, after all this time. You may begin to understand why us SQUIDS, you hated so much on those big HAZE GRAY things.....privately laughed our butts off. Seeing all of you Marines, having skin the color of your Green uniforms after the 1st day at sea.

Little did any of you know, how difficult it was for we SQUIDS, to keep our comments to ourselves, and not just speak outloud... calling all of the Green Faces...WUSS????:laugh:

You can still complain about being on our ships, but it was better than SWIMMING...wasn't it?:laugh:

By the way. Most of us SQUIDS always looked forward to the day when SOMEBODY ELSE had to work, and we got to sit around during a cruise, sleep when we wanted, and leave the ship for MORE THAN LIBERTY, not worried about being late for DUTY.

Gunny
05-31-2016, 07:56 PM
Gunny. Now, after all this time. You may begin to understand why us SQUIDS, you hated so much on those big HAZE GRAY things.....privately laughed our butts off. Seeing all of you Marines, having skin the color of your Green uniforms after the 1st day at sea.

Little did any of you know, how difficult it was for we SQUIDS, to keep our comments to ourselves, and not just speak outloud... calling all of the Green Faces...WUSS????:laugh:

You can still complain about being on our ships, but it was better than SWIMMING...wasn't it?:laugh:

You got me all wrong on this one. I hung around with more squids than I did jarheads. Been reprimanded for it. Especially once I made Gunny because I refused to be part of Top 3 Club. I hung with the troops. And I usually was in tight with the engineers on the ship. Sorry, but I avoided the LFOC at all costs so I didn't have any comm friends. My smoking buddy on the Boxer was a 1st Class, and when I was stuck in DC my smoking buddy was a Chief. Used to work out with a 2nd Class at Little Creek.

I may seem dumb but I know who's driving the damned boat. It ain't me. I know who's cooking the chow. It ain't me. And when I need a Doc it ain't no Marine. Why would anyone want to piss y'all off? And you can bet your ass that was drilled into my troops' heads.

I couldn't stand being around arrogant-ass jarheads. And MY damned jarheads stayed in check because they knew it. I never had one ever get put on ship's watch. They knew if they f*cked up who they were answering to. I'll put your lame ass on ship's platoon or mess duty so fast you won't have time to pack.

I've actually never been in a fight with a squid. Air Force outside Kadena? Bet your ass. Guess their asses should have been as big as their mouths. :)

Oh yeah ... I've only been seasick once in my life and it was on a fishing trip. Never on a Naval vessel.