PDA

View Full Version : #NeverTrump Circles the Drain

jimnyc
05-20-2016, 10:28 AM
Some of these numbers are moving up, and are very encouraging! He was once in the 30's for republican support and 30%+ refusing to vote or going Hillary or 3rd party. That's been a huge turnaround in a very short period of time. He's also picking up in a lot of different polls, and leading in some. Next they should start concentrating on states, and the electorates.

WASHINGTON, DC – The #NeverTrump movement is collapsing as Donald Trump asserts himself as the Republican nominee.

Only 15 percent of Republicans are still vowing not to back Trump in the general election, according to a new Fox News poll. Trump is getting 82 percent Republican support. Seven percent of Republicans are in Hillary Clinton’s camp, while four percent would vote for a third-party candidate and four percent will not vote. Another four percent are still undecided.

The #NeverTrump movement, led by onetime television star Glenn Beck and professional political consultants like Ben Howe and commentators like Jamie Weinstein, has been fading. While these pundits and political-class types choose to remain in Never-Never Land, the rest of the party is clearly growing up.

Trump cemented his alpha male status in the GOP with his Tuesday night interview with Megyn Kelly, the fierce anti-Trump cable news entertainer whose battles with Trump so obsessed her that she even changed her hairstyle to reflect strength. Trump’s interview with Kelly aired the same night he won the primaries in Oregon and Kentucky. Even though Ted Cruz dropped out of the race, he kept the door open to re-entering, and he appeared recently on “Millionaire’s Row” at the Kentucky Derby. But Trump beat him on the ballot by about 10,000 votes Tuesday, putting to rest any hope for a Cruz comeback.

Neoconservative pundit Bill Kristol, who tried to get a third-party candidate to challenge Trump on the Right and all but assure Hillary Clinton a victory, is still clinging to that idea but admits that it’s “Not easy.” Retired Marine Corps general James Mattis already turned Kristol down. The Republican National Committee condemned Kristol’s plot.

Jonah Goldberg of National Review conceded that the third-party scheme is not going to become a reality.

Ben Howe, one of the most inflammatory #NeverTrumpers, is currently under fire on Twitter for refusing to apologize for calling potential First Lady Melania Trump a “whore” in a Tweet that he later deleted.

Trump critic Mark Levin, the nationally-syndicated radio star, Tweeted Wednesday, “What do you think? Would Trump fight for his nominee” to the Supreme Court, appearing to acknowledge Trump’s inevitability.

Guy P. Benson, a Fox News pundit who steadfastly recites the Establishment’s party line on issues, admitted Wednesday that Trump’s Supreme Court shortlist of potential justices was “generally encouraging.”

Daily Caller editor Jamie Weinstein, who recently got engaged to Trump critic and former Breitbart News reporter Michelle Fields, is also waking up:

With the pundits forced to leave Never-Never Land and accept reality, the legacy of #NeverTrump might not actually be very substantial at all. Assuming that the 15 percent number goes down in the next five months, the only real damage to Trump on the Right will probably come from the Koch Brothers pulling their money out of the race. As Breitbart News reported, the Kochs’ “secret bank” in the D.C. Beltway is not going to engage with the presidential election.

But it’s unclear how much damage that would actually do to Trump. Trump will not have to answer to the Koch Brothers while in office, and he will be able to appeal to Bernie Sanders supporters by proclaiming himself the man who got Koch money out of the election. Trump will still be able to raise enough money to compete, as evidenced by Sheldon Adelson’s $100 million commitment to Make America Great Again.

The Fox News poll has very positive implications for Trump going forward, but it also shows some setbacks for him.

Trump leads Clinton 45 percent to 42 percent in the poll after trailing her last month by seven points. Trump also leads 61 percent to 24 percent among white people who didn’t graduate from college. That’s a demographic that has plagued Clinton in her ongoing primary battle with Bernie Sanders. Trump also leads 46 percent to 30 percent among independents. But Clinton is dominating with blacks and Hispanics.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/05/18/39079961/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Elessar
05-20-2016, 11:59 AM
I have said it before and I will say it again!

I do not care for some of his bombastic rants, but he has awakened
long suppressed feelings of distrust and disappointment of the Liberal
style of government. People WANT real change!

The idea of the free handouts to those that sit back and do nothing to
better themselves is a bitter pill to swallow by the majority. There are
some that depend on and need assistance, but they too are being squeezed
by the blanket hand-out programs and these folks DO deserve the assistance,
not welfare leeches.

Put the leeches and homeless panhandlers out into the fields to tend and
harvest crops and send the illegals who suck up the freebie benefits
back where they came from, lock, stock, and barrel!

Parents should make their kids cut the grass and trim the bushes, not hire
under the table some Hispanic with a beat up Datsun pick-up to do it.
Get the kids to accept responsibility, rather than spending time at the beach,
cruising the mall, or with their face stuck in some video game or cell phone

Gunny
05-20-2016, 12:22 PM

not welfare leeches.

You're not running why? Crap. You'd get my vote.

Elessar
05-20-2016, 12:44 PM
You're not running why? Crap. You'd get my vote.

I'm not a politician...just a simple Hillbilly Boatswain's Mate!

Gunny
05-20-2016, 01:01 PM
I'm not a politician...just a simple Hillbilly Boatswain's Mate!

Yeah and I'm a half hillbilly Alabaman and half redneck Texan. I think we'd make a better Prez/VP than current choices.. We could set up a still at the White House. Run some cattle in.

First thing I'm doing is tearing down that fucking fence that keeps people away. I ain't special. You can't listen to the people if you don't talk to them.

Elessar
05-20-2016, 01:09 PM
Yeah and I'm a half hillbilly Alabaman and half redneck Texan. I think we'd make a better Prez/VP than current choices.. We could set up a still at the White House. Run some cattle in.

First thing I'm doing is tearing down that fucking fence that keeps people away. I ain't special. You can't listen to the people if you don't talk to them.

A still? I can rustle up a good moonshine recipe! Cattle to keep the grass cropped and fertilized?
Not a bad idea!:laugh:

The fence I would question unless you would post a squad of Jarheads in it's place.

Gunny
05-20-2016, 01:26 PM
A still? I can rustle up a good moonshine recipe! Cattle to keep the grass cropped and fertilized?
Not a bad idea!:laugh:

You kidding? The staff is going to be my cousins from AL. They'd have that thing up and going before you got done reading your recipe. :laugh:

No one would want me as President. The left would be crying their little asses off. Why do think I understand Trump? I'm just worse than he could ever think of being. There'd be some mass firings of bureaucrats. I don't need the secret service. I carry my own damned weapons and don't need any help.

IRS? Might as well fill out those applications at True Value.

And you can't buy me. My idea of you buying me lunch is a Big Mac. There ain't no concessions in a Big Mac.

Abbey Marie
05-20-2016, 01:34 PM
I think Glen Beck has about lost his ever lovin mind over Trump. Have you heard his radio show lately? It's a 3 hour anti- Trump mocking rant. Un-listenable.

Elessar
05-20-2016, 01:47 PM
You kidding? The staff is going to be my cousins from AL. They'd have that thing up and going before you got done reading your recipe. :laugh:

And you can't buy me. My idea of you buying me lunch is a Big Mac. There ain't no concessions in a Big Mac.

I prefer Carl's Junior or Burger King!

Elessar
05-20-2016, 01:49 PM
I think Glen Beck has about lost his ever lovin mind over Trump. Have you heard his radio show lately? It's a 3 hour anti- Trump mocking rant. Un-listenable.

I do not pay attention him or Rush.....both are a waste of oxygen.
Best to not tune in at all, M'Lady!

Gunny
05-20-2016, 01:58 PM

I honestly don't listen to any of them. Megyn Kelly, O'Reilly, and Hannity drive me nuts. It's like talking to my brother. Can I finish a sentence please?

I've never listened to Beck except by circumstance. Everyone complains about the leftwing pundits but these people have become just as bad.

Gunny
05-20-2016, 02:00 PM
I prefer Carl's Junior or Burger King!

Yuck. Carl's Jr is good in SoCAL and Burger King is good in S FL. Even here ... I love Whataburger in TX. It's crap here.

Elessar
05-20-2016, 02:15 PM
I honestly don't listen to any of them. Megyn Kelly, O'Reilly, and Hannity drive me nuts. It's like talking to my brother. Can I finish a sentence please?

I've never listened to Beck except by circumstance. Everyone complains about the leftwing pundits but these people have become just as bad.

I personally like Bill Hemmer and Martha McCallum. There are smooth and
unexcited, easy to listen to:

Bill Hemmer currently serves as co-anchor of FOX News Channel’s (FNC) America's Newsroom alongside Martha MacCallum (weekdays 9-11AM/ET). Hemmer joined the network in 2005 and is based in New York.

Atticus Finch
05-20-2016, 03:51 PM
I think Glen Beck has about lost his ever lovin mind over Trump. Have you heard his radio show lately? It's a 3 hour anti- Trump mocking rant. Un-listenable.He's preaching the Libertarian Gospel now. Considering the dire consequences he's predicted if Trump gets elected,it probably has him a little on edge. I have no doubt he believes what he is saying and I think it is possible...But I believe Hillary is worse ,much worse, that's why I've joined the "Never Ever Hillary not in a Million Years Club"

Black Diamond
05-20-2016, 06:48 PM

I heard he said God has it in for people who voted for Trump , or more accurately, those who didn't vote for Cruz ? Do you know if he actually said that?

Gunny
05-20-2016, 06:51 PM
I heard he said God has it in for people who voted for Trump , or more accurately, those who didn't vote for Cruz ? Do you know if he actually said that?

Who knows with him? He kind of out there in left field to me. I don't listen to him.

Kathianne
05-20-2016, 07:11 PM
I know that the 'general public' has a large number of folks that 'don't know' whom they're voting for, I'd say not so much the same here. At this point it seems to me a waste of words to try and change anyone's mind. I for one am tired of hearing about it.

That doesn't mean that there isn't plenty of politics to post and discuss. They are all going to say and do things worthy of mention. For instance, did you all see what Bill Clinton said in one of his speeches? Seems there's good reasons for Hillary not wanting those to get out. Politico has the story.

Elessar
05-20-2016, 07:29 PM
I know that the 'general public' has a large number of folks that 'don't know' whom they're voting for, I'd say not so much the same here. At this point it seems to me a waste of words to try and change anyone's mind. I for one am tired of hearing about it.

That doesn't mean that there isn't plenty of politics to post and discuss. They are all going to say and do things worthy of mention. For instance, did you all see what Bill Clinton said in one of his speeches? Seems there's good reasons for Hillary not wanting those to get out. Politico has the story.

Hell, Kathi...at this point the only minds to change are only the ones who think sitting out
is the only option. Sitting out is a guaranteed Liberal win. It's not Heads or Tails with them.
They want the coin to land on it's edge.

Kathianne
05-20-2016, 07:39 PM
Hell, Kathi...at this point the only minds to change are only the ones who think sitting out
is the only option. Sitting out is a guaranteed Liberal win. It's not Heads or Tails with them.
They want the coin to land on it's edge.

I don't think there's anyone that said they are not voting, maybe Crin? Personally I think that is still their choice. I don't think calling them names or accusing them of electing a candidate you don't like is going to get them to join you. That's just me.

Elessar
05-20-2016, 07:45 PM
I don't think there's anyone that said they are not voting, maybe Crin? Personally I think that is still their choice. I don't think calling them names or accusing them of electing a candidate you don't like is going to get them to join you. That's just me.

I don't call them names unless they reply with some kind of insult.
That's just my style. Others may differ.

Kathianne
05-20-2016, 07:47 PM
I don't call them names unless they reply with some kind of insult.
That's just my style. Others may differ.

I meant the generic 'you,' not you personally. Thanks for helping to make my wandering clear. ;)

Abbey Marie
05-21-2016, 12:10 AM

I don't know, as I can't listen to him. I do know he is religious.

Black Diamond
05-21-2016, 02:56 AM
I don't know, as I can't listen to him. I do know he is religious.

Yeah I have heard he is religious. But God having it in for Trump voters or those who didn't vote Cruz???

Gunny
05-21-2016, 03:07 AM
Yeah I have heard he is religious. But God having it in for Trump voters or those who didn't vote Cruz???

IMO, those that put words in God's mouth are taking the Lord's name in vain.

namvet
05-21-2016, 08:33 AM
he's already creating jobs. the paid thugs

DLT
05-22-2016, 03:10 PM

not welfare leeches.

You're kidding, right? Parents (most of them) in this day and age wouldn't 'think' of forcing their kids to actually (gasp!) do work. <Insert an obligatory Maynard Krebbs from Dobie Gillis graphic here> It's like they were brainwashed in the 60's to embrace the hippie/hipster/beatnik meme of being a lazy, petulant slob.

Case in point. When I first moved to Dallas, my neighbor had her daughter and two grandsons living there for several years. At no time did I EVER see either one of them, both healthy, strapping males, do one iota of 'work'. It was simply unheard of. I would have loved to pay them to mow my lawn and other small chores, but hey....they didn't need the money (allowance for doing nothing) and they didn't want to (gasp!) 'work'.

Oh well....

DLT
05-22-2016, 03:12 PM

not welfare leeches.

You're kidding, right? Parents (most of them) in this day and age wouldn't 'think' of forcing their kids to actually (gasp!) do work. <Insert an obligatory Maynard Krebbs from Dobie Gillis graphic here> It's like they were brainwashed in the 60's to embrace the hippie/hipster/beatnik meme of being a lazy, petulant slob.

Case in point. When I first moved to Dallas, my neighbor had her daughter and two grandsons living there for several years. At no time did I EVER see either one of them, both healthy, strapping males, do one iota of 'work'. It was simply unheard of. I would have loved to pay them to mow my lawn and for other small chores, but hey....they didn't need the money (got an allowance for doing nothing) and they didn't want to (gasp!) 'work'.

Oh well....

Gunny
05-22-2016, 03:38 PM
You're kidding, right? Parents (most of them) in this day and age wouldn't 'think' of forcing their kids to actually (gasp!) do work. <insert an="" obligatory="" maynard="" krebbs="" from="" dobie="" gillis="" graphic="" here=""> It's like they were brainwashed in the 60's to embrace the hippie/hipster/beatnik meme of being a lazy, petulant slob.

Case in point. When I first moved to Dallas, my neighbor had her daughter and two grandsons living there for several years. At no time did I EVER see either one of them, both healthy, strapping males, do one iota of 'work'. It was simply unheard of. I would have loved to pay them to mow my lawn and other small chores, but hey....they didn't need the money (allowance for doing nothing) and they didn't want to (gasp!) 'work'.

Oh well....

If that ain't no sh*t.

</insert>

crin63
05-25-2016, 06:56 PM

If I can't vote for any of the party candidates I will write-in Cruz. Still waiting to see what happens.

I can tell you there is still a huge divide. I was on a local firearm forum earlier where someone posted a picture of an AR-15 with Trump - Make America Great Again engraved on the side. The fireworks went off. These people are furious and with each other. People wanted it to urinate on it or destroy it. They were not Hillary supporters either like they're always accused of being.

I talked to a few Conservatives in the last week who are looking at it as voting against Hillary, not a vote for Trump. They all have the same opinion about Trump. They all know exactly what we will get from Hillary. Trump is only better in that he hasn't killed anyone. There is no chance at all for our country with Hillary and a slim chance with Trump. They'll take the slim chance over no chance.

This is probably the last time I will talk about it for a while.

fj1200
05-26-2016, 09:28 AM

not welfare leeches.

And how does trump fix that?

namvet
05-26-2016, 09:44 AM
And how does trump fix that?

he does the exact opposite of Obama

fj1200
05-26-2016, 09:50 AM
he does the exact opposite of Obama

If BO didn't create much of that then the exact opposite will not uncreate it.

namvet
05-26-2016, 10:00 AM
If BO didn't create much of that then the exact opposite will not uncreate it.

BO (body oder) was not elected to think

glockmail
05-26-2016, 04:11 PM
If I can't vote for any of the party candidates I will write-in Cruz. Still waiting to see what happens.

I can tell you there is still a huge divide. I was on a local firearm forum earlier where someone posted a picture of an AR-15 with Trump - Make America Great Again engraved on the side. The fireworks went off. These people are furious and with each other. People wanted it to urinate on it or destroy it. They were not Hillary supporters either like they're always accused of being.

I talked to a few Conservatives in the last week who are looking at it as voting against Hillary, not a vote for Trump. They all have the same opinion about Trump. They all know exactly what we will get from Hillary. Trump is only better in that he hasn't killed anyone. There is no chance at all for our country with Hillary and a slim chance with Trump. They'll take the slim chance over no chance.

This is probably the last time I will talk about it for a while.

You and your conservative buds need to get your heads screwed on straight.

I voted for Cruz here in NC. *News flash* - he lost, and Trump has the nomination locked up. So get over it, get in line, hold your nose and pull the lever when it's your turn, first Tuesday in November.

When this primary started I stated my opinion of Trump: He's arrogant, a bully, and a blowhard. None of that disqualifies him for POTUS.

Shillery, on the other hand, is a liar, a cheat, incompetent in any position that she has held, and an enabler for her rapist husband. ALL of these traits disqualify her for POTUS.

crin63
05-26-2016, 05:44 PM

I voted for Cruz here in NC. *News flash* - he lost, and Trump has the nomination locked up. So get over it, get in line, hold your nose and pull the lever when it's your turn, first Tuesday in November.

When this primary started I stated my opinion of Trump: He's arrogant, a bully, and a blowhard. None of that disqualifies him for POTUS.

Shillery, on the other hand, is a liar, a cheat, incompetent in any position that she has held, and an enabler for her rapist husband. ALL of these traits disqualify her for POTUS.

Personally, I'm as nauseated that people picked Trump as I was when Obama was elected.

Trump said he doesn't need us anyway because he will get 1/3 of the Socialist votes from Bernie supporters.

Just before I looked on here I discontinued my financial support of Sheriff Joe for backing Trump. I have been contributing to his campaign for years. I just unsubscribed from his emails and marked them as spam.

I'm done with talking presidential politics at the moment. I only responded out of respect because you haven't been around the last few weeks but I'm done.

aboutime
05-26-2016, 07:22 PM
No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident ...
Qualifications and Requirements for the Office of President of the ...
www.presidentsusa.net/qualifications.html

PixieStix
05-26-2016, 09:59 PM

Yes, I heard him say something along those lines. I also heard Cruz say pretty much the same thing. So yeah... Black Diamond, you and I will go to hell for voting for Trump, because we are angry. :laugh:

Glenn Beck is an absolute wack job. It is shocking and I am surprised he isn't in a straight jacket yet.

Gunny
05-27-2016, 03:06 AM
Yes, I heard him say something along those lines. I also heard Cruz say pretty much the same thing. So yeah... @Black Diamond (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=2142), you and I will go to hell for voting for Trump, because we are angry. :laugh:

Glenn Beck is an absolute wack job. It is shocking and I am surprised he isn't in a straight jacket yet.

Allowing your emotions to dictate your actions isn't exactly logical. Trump's a jackass. I'll hold my nose and vote for him just to keep Hitlery out. Y'all know nothing about being angry.

I won't listen to Beck. Neither do I listen to O'Relly. Kelly or Hannity. The way they act they should be on CNN.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-27-2016, 07:09 AM
Yes, I heard him say something along those lines. I also heard Cruz say pretty much the same thing. So yeah... Black Diamond, you and I will go to hell for voting for Trump, because we are angry. :laugh:

Beck proves he has a screw loose and his hate for Trump shows his true colors methinks.
If he is so against Clinton and the anti-conservative, anti-Christian dem party, then why is he attempting to sabotage Trump becoming President--
knowing the alternative would be Shrillary??
Some of these people TOTALLY IGNORING that reality makes me very suspicious of their true thoughts, leanings, intents and purposes.
Beck obviously wears a mask.. -Tyr

fj1200
05-27-2016, 07:34 AM

Vote conservative. Primaries and General.

Gunny
05-27-2016, 10:19 AM
Beck proves he has a screw loose and his hate for Trump shows his true colors methinks.
If he is so against Clinton and the anti-conservative, anti-Christian dem party, then why is he attempting to sabotage Trump becoming President--
knowing the alternative would be Shrillary??
Some of these people TOTALLY IGNORING that reality makes me very suspicious of their true thoughts, leanings, intents and purposes.
Beck obviously wears a mask.. -Tyr

I can only speak for me.. Who knows what Beck is thinking? I look at Trump as the opposite side of the coin of Obama. "true thoughts"? The world's not black or white only, tyr. I don't like Trump because I don't like Trump. That's the only motive, if you want to call it that. That is not a judgment against anyone that does. It is MY opinion of HIM. I would have chose ANY of the other 16 candidates over him. We've had enough of an unqualified clown in the WH.

Why can't we find someone to vote FOR instead of having to choose between the lesser of two evils? Hitlery should be in prison as far as I'm concerned. But why should we have to vote for another big-mouthed bully that's full of sh*t? It's a lose/lose deal to me.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-27-2016, 10:46 AM
I can only speak for me.. Who knows what Beck is thinking? I look at Trump as the opposite side of the coin of Obama. "true thoughts"? The world's not black or white only, tyr. I don't like Trump because I don't like Trump. That's the only motive, if you want to call it that. That is not a judgment against anyone that does. It is MY opinion of HIM. I would have chose ANY of the other 16 candidates over him. We've had enough of an unqualified clown in the WH.

Why can't we find someone to vote FOR instead of having to choose between the lesser of two evils? Hitlery should be in prison as far as I'm concerned. But why should we have to vote for another big-mouthed bully that's full of sh*t? It's a lose/lose deal to me.

You have every right to hold Whatever opinion of TRUMP AS YOU DEEM BEST.
You decided after he got the nomination to vote for him and that reflects a knowledge of reality and what must be done to stop Hillary becoming the next President.
When one has only too evils to choose from-- choosing the greater one instead of the lesser ( for any reason) is folly, insanity and futile IMHO.

Survival dictates choosing the lesser opposition if given a choice..
Trump despite any of his negatives can not match the leftist/socialist and corrupted mindset of that raving piece of shit Hildabeast.-Tyr

Gunny
05-27-2016, 10:56 AM
You have every right to hold Whatever opinion of TRUMP AS YOU DEEM BEST.
You decided after he got the nomination to vote for him and that reflects a knowledge of reality and what must be done to stop Hillary becoming the next President.
When one only has too evils to choose from-- choosing the greater one instead of the lesser ( for any reason) is folly, insanity and futile IMHO.

Survival dictates choosing the lesser opposition if given a choice..
Trump despite any of his negatives can not match the leftist/socialist and corrupted mindset of that raving piece of shit Hildabeast.-Tyr

And that's how I see it. I think it's a shame. This what we've been down to for years. I want someone to vote FOR, not against. Reagan is the last President I voted for. Maybe Bush I.

But that's how they play the game and people are dumbasses. The left has been promising sh*t for decade after decade and not delivering but the sheeple still line up and vote for them.

I look at Trump as Jimmy Carter Jr. His own party won't support him.

glockmail
05-30-2016, 07:30 PM
Vote conservative. Primaries and General. Vote for the most conservative in the primary, and the least liberal in the general.

fj1200
05-31-2016, 09:20 AM
Vote for the most conservative in the primary, and the least liberal in the general.

Thank you for justifying my likely Libertarian vote come November. I assume you'll be doing likewise. :)

fj1200
05-31-2016, 09:23 AM
I want someone to vote FOR, not against.

I think all of my POTUS votes have been FOR someone.

Gunny
06-03-2016, 02:28 AM
I think all of my POTUS votes have been FOR someone.

Last person I think I voted for was Bush I.