PDA

View Full Version : “When you go to Disney, do they measure the number of hours you wait in line?"

hjmick
05-23-2016, 03:37 PM
These words were uttered by VA Secretary Bob McDonald when answering a question about wait times at the VA, you remember, the controversy that led to him getting the job. The full quote, for context, doesn't really help Bob...

“The days to an appointment is really not what we should be measuring, we should be measuring the veterans’ satisfaction,” he said. “When you go to Disney, do they measure the number of hours you wait in line? What’s important? What’s important is: what’s your satisfaction with the experience?”

I think I understand what he was trying to say, I guess... Okay, I don't... Seriously? Disney? Every veteran I know yet to described a good experience with the VA. And I know I've never had a good experience at a Disney theme park...

I have a feeling Bob will be walking this one back before too long. Idiot. Fucking idiot.

You don't compare the wait time at the VA to waiting in line at fucking Disneyland.

VA Secretary Bob McDonald: Veteran wait times not what really matters (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2016/05/23/va-secretary-bob-mcdonald-veteran-wait-times-not-what-matters/84786012/)

VA Secretary Disneyland-wait time comparison draws ire (http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/23/politics/veterans-affairs-secretary-disneyland-wait-times/)

Gunny
05-23-2016, 03:48 PM
These words were uttered by VA Secretary Bob McDonald when answering a question about wait times at the VA, you remember, the controversy that led to him getting the job. The full quote, for context, doesn't really help Bob...

“The days to an appointment is really not what we should be measuring, we should be measuring the veterans’ satisfaction,” he said. “When you go to Disney, do they measure the number of hours you wait in line? What’s important? What’s important is: what’s your satisfaction with the experience?”

I think I understand what he was trying to say, I guess... Okay, I don't... Seriously? Disney? Every veteran I know yet to described a good experience with the VA. And I know I've never had a good experience at a Disney theme park...

I have a feeling Bob will be walking this one back before too long. Idiot. Fucking idiot.

You don't compare the wait time at the VA to waiting in line at fucking Disneyland.

VA Secretary Bob McDonald: Veteran wait times not what really matters (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2016/05/23/va-secretary-bob-mcdonald-veteran-wait-times-not-what-matters/84786012/)

VA Secretary Disneyland-wait time comparison draws ire (http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/23/politics/veterans-affairs-secretary-disneyland-wait-times/)

It was a dumb comment. I won't go to Disney nor the VA because of the lines. I shouldn't have a spend a day waiting on jack sh*t because of someone's cost cutting crap. Disneyworld was crap when I was a teen, and my kids were little. I can't even imagine how it is now.

I'm not sitting in the VA hour after hour, day after day, filling out forms and watching CNN. I get the comaprison on wait time, but nothing after that. You don't earn the right nor need to go to Disney.

Elessar
05-23-2016, 07:23 PM
Disney in Anahiem was so terrible for waiting times That even my son
at 4 years old got discouraged. 45 minute wait for a 2 minute ride? BS!

gabosaurus
05-23-2016, 09:06 PM

Having grown up within walking distance of Disneyland, I know full well what a horrible tourist trap it is.
I thought I had heard just about every knock on Disney, but comparing the waits to that of the VA?
Untold thousands of people happily spend their money to experience Disneyland. Don't think I have ever heard of anyone who gleefully anticipated a trip to the VA.

To tell how screwed up Disneyland is, they are actually proud of how long the waits are. To them, it proves how popular the park is.
Disneyland will happily sell you a "Fast Pass" that allows you to go to the front of the line. If you buy a multi-day ticket and stay at one of their overpriced hotels.

Elessar
05-24-2016, 12:23 AM
Having grown up within walking distance of Disneyland, I know full well what a horrible tourist trap it is.
I thought I had heard just about every knock on Disney, but comparing the waits to that of the VA?
Untold thousands of people happily spend their money to experience Disneyland. Don't think I have ever heard of anyone who gleefully anticipated a trip to the VA.

To tell how screwed up Disneyland is, they are actually proud of how long the waits are. To them, it proves how popular the park is.
Disneyland will happily sell you a "Fast Pass" that allows you to go to the front of the line. If you buy a multi-day ticket and stay at one of their overpriced hotels.

That whole area in Anahiem turned into one of the worst gang, hooker, and drug neighborhoods
in SoCal. Went to a Raiders and Rams game years back at the stadium there, and there
was more action (fights) between gangster punks in the stands than was on the field.

Gunny
05-24-2016, 06:45 AM

I've been to both. Disneyworld in Orlando is worse. Then you can pay $20 for a coke and crappy burger after waiting for and hour in line.

CSM
05-24-2016, 07:19 AM
Nice. Marginalize the issue, minimize the effects, dismiss the concerns....hmmm....typical political bullshit by another political hack.

Pisses me off.

Gunny
05-24-2016, 07:42 AM
My favorite place was King's Dominion. It's just north of Richmond, VA. That place was cool. It's Paramount's answer to Disney only it's way more adult themed. My step father and I ripped them off shooting free throws. The guy started to get mad at us and I said what am I doing that YOU don't do? You make it look easy to suck people in. I'm doing your job for you so STFU. The stepfather went to FL State on a basketball scholarship and I've been playing since I was like 12. We totally got the BIG teddy bears. :laugh:

And guess what? Short lines. The place is huge. Has a water park. Has all those goofy rides I ain't getting on that my daughter loved. I was like, I'll stand here on the ground and wait for your little butt to come back to Earth. :laugh: