PDA

View Full Version : lAlbuquerque

Gunny
05-25-2016, 08:18 AM
We made the news. Protesters here are weak as Hell and the cops weren't taking any sh*t. I thought it was funny as Hell. I kept telling the GF we were missing out on the fun. :laugh:

jimnyc
05-25-2016, 08:45 AM
All that heat and the UFO's fry some brains out there!

Kathianne
05-25-2016, 08:53 AM
From the news coverage I saw I think the rioters were professional agitators on the order of OWS-I'd look at Soros donations to fund. OTOH there were 'protesters' who kept back and just looked like idiots being at a place they had no business with.

Gunny
05-25-2016, 10:01 AM
From the news coverage I saw I think the rioters were professional agitators on the order of OWS-I'd look at Soros donations to fund. OTOH there were 'protesters' who kept back and just looked like idiots being at a place they had no business with.

Nah. Professional is giving them too much credence. This is a leftwingnut state. If you notice, everyone was around 20. There was no one ther worth a crap. Just a bunch of punks. This place os teeming with them.

Kathianne
05-25-2016, 10:04 AM
Nah. Professional is giving them too much credence. This is a leftwingnut state. If you notice, everyone was around 20. There was no one ther worth a crap. Just a bunch of punks. This place os teeming with them.
Honestly, seemed to me they could have been Palestinians pretending to be Mexicans.

Gunny
05-25-2016, 10:28 AM
Honestly, seemed to me they could have been Palestinians pretending to be Mexicans.

I can tell the difference between the two. And I have a Bic pen in my hand.

hjmick
05-25-2016, 04:09 PM
Didn't know you were in the 505, Gunny. How long? The Mrs. & I left in 2012. If you tell me you've been there for more than four years I'll be disappointed we never met up at Turtle Mountain for some beer or Little Anita's for some chips and queso...

Gunny
05-25-2016, 04:38 PM
Didn't know you were in the 505, Gunny. How long? The Mrs. & I left in 2012. If you tell me you've been there for more than four years I'll be disappointed we never met up at Turtle Mountain for some beer or Little Anita's for some chips and queso...

Sandias. And no, been about a year and a half. I have no problem meeting anyone on the board. Especially people I've know since way back when. :)

hjmick
05-25-2016, 04:47 PM
Sandias. And no, been about a year and a half. I have no problem meeting anyone on the board. Especially people I've know since way back when. :)

Okay, you're safe...

I enjoyed our brief stint there, the thing I miss most is the New Mexico Mexican food... Which most of you out there don't realize is different than California Mexican food, Arizona Mexican food, and Texas Mexican food... We have yet to find anything that passes for Mexican food in South Carolina...

Gunny
05-25-2016, 07:42 PM
Okay, you're safe...

I enjoyed our brief stint there, the thing I miss most is the New Mexico Mexican food... Which most of you out there don't realize is different than California Mexican food, Arizona Mexican food, and Texas Mexican food... We have yet to find anything that passes for Mexican food in South Carolina...

Oh I can tell the difference BIG TiME. I never thought the state right next to mine was so weird. They want green chile on every damned thing. We eat jalapenos on everything. It's more like CA Mexican food here. Which I never could stand. Taco freakin' Hell was better. I have found me a little corner restaurant her though that is good. I stumble around in Spanish and the waitress laughs her ass off at me. :laugh: I can speak Castillian and Tejano. It's different here. Lot of indian mixed in.

hjmick
05-25-2016, 08:07 PM
Oh I can tell the difference BIG TiME. I never thought the state right next to mine was so weird. They want green chile on every damned thing. We eat jalapenos on everything. It's more like CA Mexican food here. Which I never could stand. Taco freakin' Hell was better. I have found me a little corner restaurant her though that is good. I stumble around in Spanish and the waitress laughs her ass off at me. :laugh: I can speak Castillian and Tejano. It's different here. Lot of indian mixed in.

I believe New Mexico is the only state with an official question. Red or Green? And I miss the stuffed sopapillas, I preferred the lung and dinner versions over the dessert sopapillas...

After more than thirty years eating California Mexican food I can definitely say, New Mexico and California Mexican food is very different. I grew to love the New Mexico variety.

If you haven't already done so, get in to Bernalillo some morning and grab breakfast at The Range. That was our every Saturday stop.

Gunny
05-27-2016, 02:24 AM
I believe New Mexico is the only state with an official question. Red or Green? And I miss the stuffed sopapillas, I preferred the lung and dinner versions over the dessert sopapillas...

After more than thirty years eating California Mexican food I can definitely say, New Mexico and California Mexican food is very different. I grew to love the New Mexico variety.

If you haven't already done so, get in to Bernalillo some morning and grab breakfast at The Range. That was our every Saturday stop.

I can't stand CA Mexican food. But I'm from S TX. I found a nice little place at the corner of Eubank and Candelaria that's okay. It's not the same but they get kind of close. I totally miss carne guisada. I love that stuff. They don't have it here and while I like carne asada, it's not the same. And these peeps will put green chile on anything. I keep telling them nobody in the world eats green chile on everything but YOU. Crap. They put that junk on their eggs.

S Texas Mexican food is a LOT spicier than here. I like some taste with my chow.