PDA

View Full Version : Vandals Deface Vietnam War Memorial

jimnyc
05-28-2016, 01:36 PM
Wouldn't I love to come across some of these punks in the middle of them desecrating such a memorial. I would run the scumbags over and then make sure I get a jury trial.

-----

VENICE (CBSLA.com) — Vandals defaced a memorial to Vietnam war veterans in Venice – an awful sight on this Memorial Day weekend.

Stewart Oscars welled up as he looked at the vandalized mural located on Pacific Avenue near Sunset Court. It was covered in graffiti from end to end.

“This knocked me out. So sickening. Just sadness…think of all these people. They’re gone,” Oscars said. “I remember the Vietnam war and how friends went to war, and bodies came back. Somehow, it has to be taught that this is not a good idea. This is actually stupid.”

The memorial was dedicated to service members who were listed as missing in action during the Vietnam War.

George Francisco is the Vice President of the Venice Chamber of Commerce. He also runs a nonprofit called Veterans Foundation Incorporated.

“It’s a desecration. I mean it’s very simple. There’s no sort of other way around it. It isn’t graffiti,” Francisco said.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/05/27/vandals-deface-vietnam-war-memorial-in-venice/

Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day

Ernie Crediford led the charge three years ago to build a heart-shaped plant bed at the west end of Wye Park in Richland.

Designed to resemble the Purple Heart medal given to wounded military service members, it has a trim of fine gold rock and an inner section that’s a mix of crushed basalt and purple sage.

Or at least it did.

Someone came along in the last few days and ripped out the purple sage plants — about 16 of them.

So now the earthen heart is broken.

“It was a shock. It kind of set me back a bit,” said Crediford, 67, of Richland, part of the Columbia Basin chapter of the Washington Native Plant Society. “It’s a real disappointment right before Memorial Day,” he said.

Crediford reported the apparent vandalism to the Richland Police Department, which is investigating.

The park along Columbia Park Trail is busy, with a path frequented by walkers and bikers, as well as a boat launch. So it’s possible there were witnesses.

Crediford got the idea for the plant bed while he was hiking Badger Mountain on Memorial Day several years ago. He noticed purple sage, which is in bloom around the holiday, and the striking color reminded him of the military medal.

“I grew up in the Vietnam era. It’s affected me in a lot of ways,” Crediford said. “I have a lot of friends who were wounded in the war.”

Crediford said the plan is to replant purple sage in the 15-by-15-foot heart, though that will have to wait until fall for the climate to be right. The native-plant group also plans to put in a marker explaining the plant bed’s meaning.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/purple-heart-plant-bed-vandalized-days-before-memorial-day/

Gunny
05-28-2016, 02:05 PM
They should be shot. Period.

Elessar
05-28-2016, 07:25 PM
They should be shot. Period.

Aye, they should be.

And you and many others know they are chickenshits who will run and hide
once they deface something others hold in reverence.

aboutime
05-28-2016, 07:35 PM
Just another sick signal of the lack of order, responsibility, law breaking...almost with the BLESSINGS of the Idiot in the W/H who has spent more time APOLOGIZING for America, than playing Golf....if that's possible.
The Ferguson Theory, of Baltimore Lawlessness, as condoned by the Obama Justice Department of hatred, bigotry, and Racism is running full speed.

The vandals who Defaced the Vietnam War Memorial, or any Memorial in this nation....ARE SIMPLY FOLLOWING THE LACK OF HUMAN LEADERSHIP they have been taught. LIBERAL IDEAS FROM THE PUKE OF MINDLESS IDIOTS.

Gunny
05-28-2016, 10:27 PM
If I caught them doing it, it would be a bad f-ing day in Black Rock. I tolerate a LOT of crap. You don't tarnish the memory of my brothers and sisters who sacrificed all so these cowards can be p*ssies. You pull that sh*t around me and it's end of story time. I got a 2 x 4 in my pickup right under the United States Marine Corps sticker and I know how to use it.

And anyone that wants to see me in all my pissed off glory can go right the f*ck ahead. And it ain't about me. It's about them. I got to come home.

CSM
05-29-2016, 07:29 AM
If I caught them doing it, it would be a bad f-ing day in Black Rock. I tolerate a LOT of crap. You don't tarnish the memory of my brothers and sisters who sacrificed all so these cowards can be p*ssies. You pull that sh*t around me and it's end of story time. I got a 2 x 4 in my pickup right under the United States Marine Corps sticker and I know how to use it.

And anyone that wants to see me in all my pissed off glory can go right the f*ck ahead. And it ain't about me. It's about them. I got to come home.

I am usually a pretty even keeled sorta guy BUT there are a few things that will send me into full blown "kill" mode....that kind of shit is one of them. IF I saw someone actually desecrated the memory of the fallen, I don't know for certain what I would do (call it blind rage) but I know it would not be pretty...

Not brag, just fact.

Elessar
05-29-2016, 09:38 AM
This not the same as the OP; however it is still a frikkin' shame people do this:

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/05/29/looters-hit-civil-war-battle-site-in-virginia-officials-say/21385600/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D180883411 7_htmlws-main-bb

Similar in outrage!

Abbey Marie
05-29-2016, 10:15 AM
I don't think there's anything you could do to these guys that I wouldn't wholeheartedly support.