PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day

jimnyc
05-28-2016, 04:48 PM
Memorial Day. I've posted this before and am doing so again. This small cartoon picture tells an awfully big story. Many gave their lives. Much blood was spilled for our freedom. Many are still out there putting their lives on the line. And far, far too many take our freedoms for granted.

http://i.imgur.com/IUNWZfm.jpg

stephanie
05-28-2016, 05:05 PM
This is our day to say: Thank you to the men and women in our Military and also their families.

You sacrificed a lot for us and our country.

I :salute:you and will never forget!!

aboutime
05-28-2016, 06:51 PM
This is our day to say: Thank you to the men and women in our Military and also their families.

Thank you stephanie. Your intent is appreciated but...MEMORIAL DAY is dedicated to all Americans in Uniform who GAVE THEIR ALL, and THEIR LIFE.

Memorial Day is a day of remembering the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. Veterans Day is an official United States holiday which honors people who have served in armed service also known as veterans. It is a federal holiday that is observed on November 11.

stephanie
05-28-2016, 08:02 PM
Thank you stephanie. Your intent is appreciated but...MEMORIAL DAY is dedicated to all Americans in Uniform who GAVE THEIR ALL, and THEIR LIFE.

Memorial Day is a day of remembering the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. Veterans Day is an official United States holiday which honors people who have served in armed service also known as veterans. It is a federal holiday that is observed on November 11.

Yes I know that. But I like to honor them by honoring our living military men and women. As they carry on their legacy.

logroller
05-28-2016, 08:57 PM
I've not been honored enough to to know someone who's died for my freedom, but I know many who've known them.heres one http://www.debatepolicy.com/webkit-fake-url://45114b3e-3b58-4f66-b410-ead82f922476/imagejpeg

Abbey Marie
05-28-2016, 09:46 PM

Hey girl, how the heck are you? :cool: :salute: :beer:

Black Diamond
05-29-2016, 06:54 AM
Welcome back Steph.

Abbey Marie
05-29-2016, 12:13 PM
Remember, while we enjoy our day at the beach. Three dead Americans on the beach at Buna:

http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnews.com/content/fox-news/opinion/2016/05/28/memorial-day-2016-as-summer-begins-remember-this-beach/_jcr_content/par/featured-media/media-0.img.jpg/876/493/1464379832672.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Kathianne
05-29-2016, 03:41 PM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13321878_1129592287079006_102944923365272875_n.jpg ?oh=7a33372d83447aaf6c60d8603705ee96&oe=57D8EE01

CSM
05-30-2016, 06:57 AM
I don't know why but I feel compelled to post a few words regarding those men I remember on Memorial day.

Friends that I served with that didn't make it through some of the stuff we went through, I remember you!
Dad, and my uncles that made it through WWII and the Korean war and have since passed, I remember you!
Men that I served with and have since passed through causes other than combat, I remember you!
Soldiers, sailors, Marines that I heard about but didn't know personally, I remember you!

I am old now and sometimes have trouble remembering names but I remember your faces. I remember your smiles, your tears and your personalities.
I remember your loyalty, honor and integrity; your selfless service in battle and even after when home with family .... yes I remember you!

Sorry, just had to get that out there.

namvet
05-30-2016, 02:22 PM
remembering my dad and his his generation. he enlisted the day after Pearl Harbor at 17. just a kid. and looks like it

http://i65.tinypic.com/30s7mg9.jpg

namvet
05-30-2016, 02:26 PM
Remember, while we enjoy our day at the beach. Three dead Americans on the beach at Buna:

http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnews.com/content/fox-news/opinion/2016/05/28/memorial-day-2016-as-summer-begins-remember-this-beach/_jcr_content/par/featured-media/media-0.img.jpg/876/493/1464379832672.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

and the slaughter on Tarawa

http://i64.tinypic.com/30j6uzc.jpg

jimnyc
05-30-2016, 02:27 PM
remembering my dad and his his generation. he enlisted the day after Pearl Harbor at 17.

:salute:

Gunny
06-03-2016, 03:05 AM

I'll tell you right now I'd rather be me than my wife. The families never get enough credit. Other side of the coin: don't whine at me when I'm deployed. You can hop in your car and go to Jack in the Crack and anywhere else you want.. I can go to the ship's store.

The sacrifice is a two-sided deal.

Elessar
06-03-2016, 02:11 PM
Yes I know that. But I like to honor them by honoring our living military men and women. As they carry on their legacy.

Those are very kind words indeed.

Elessar
06-03-2016, 02:14 PM
I don't know why but I feel compelled to post a few words regarding those men I remember on Memorial day.

Friends that I served with that didn't make it through some of the stuff we went through, I remember you!
Dad, and my uncles that made it through WWII and the Korean war and have since passed, I remember you!
Men that I served with and have since passed through causes other than combat, I remember you!
Soldiers, sailors, Marines that I heard about but didn't know personally, I remember you!

I am old now and sometimes have trouble remembering names but I remember your faces. I remember your smiles, your tears and your personalities.
I remember your loyalty, honor and integrity; your selfless service in battle and even after when home with family .... yes I remember you!

I am not a combat Vet, but I bow in Reverence to your heartfelt words.

Gunny
06-03-2016, 02:44 PM

The Sergeant Major hath spoken. I won't insult you with a "salute" because I know you worked for a living. I do however remove my helmet and lay down my weapon in honor of all those who gave all. May God rest their souls.

Elessar
06-03-2016, 03:37 PM
The Sergeant Major hath spoken. I won't insult you with a "salute" because I know you worked for a living. I do however remove my helmet and lay down my weapon in honor of all those who gave all. May God rest their souls.

Good on you...I offer a cyber-handshake.