PDA

View Full Version : Facebook App - using Android phone

jimnyc
05-30-2016, 03:06 PM
Latest app of course, and using Android phone (Samsung S5).

I have the same issue on my computer as well. But there is a software out there called "FBpurity" that I have installed, along with other millions. This allows you many options to change the way you interact with FB. One of them is to change the order of your newsfeed/timeline. Default is all over the place, no rhyme or reason, no dated order. With this software, you can set it to "most recent", so you see things as your friends post them of course. I don't know why FB doesn't offer this but they don't.

This software company also makes it for Iphone, but they don't offer a version for Android, so I am SOL from them in that department.

So. Does anyone else get pissed at this stupid timeline crap? Do you just deal with it, or do you do anything to rearrange like I do on my computer? Does anyone have this issue with their Android cell and have found a way around it? There are temporary solutions...

Anyone? Bueller?

Gunny
05-30-2016, 03:23 PM
Latest app of course, and using Android phone (Samsung S5).

I have the same issue on my computer as well. But there is a software out there called "FBpurity" that I have installed, along with other millions. This allows you many options to change the way you interact with FB. One of them is to change the order of your newsfeed/timeline. Default is all over the place, no rhyme or reason, no dated order. With this software, you can set it to "most recent", so you see things as your friends post them of course. I don't know why FB doesn't offer this but they don't.

This software company also makes it for Iphone, but they don't offer a version for Android, so I am SOL from them in that department.

So. Does anyone else get pissed at this stupid timeline crap? Do you just deal with it, or do you do anything to rearrange like I do on my computer? Does anyone have this issue with their Android cell and have found a way around it? There are temporary solutions...

Anyone? Bueller?

I have an Android. It would be a dead Android if I even tried to use it as a computer. My daughter's idea. If I loan you the money to get it, you're getting this. But I like my fliptop. Besides I get paid day after tomorrow. Nope. Android or nothing and my carrier in IL seems to not cover SA.

What a waste of technology on me. All I do is talk and text on it. And if the f*cker dies? I'm getting a damned flip top. I can text faster on one than this pint size little computer. Every time I hit a letter two pop up on the screen. I post on a desktop. Call me old but at least my damned fingers fit.

jimnyc
05-30-2016, 03:50 PM
I have an Android. It would be a dead Android if I even tried to use it as a computer. My daughter's idea. If I loan you the money to get it, you're getting this. But I like my fliptop. Besides I get paid day after tomorrow. Nope. Android or nothing and my carrier in IL seems to not cover SA.

What a waste of technology on me. All I do is talk and text on it. And if the f*cker dies? I'm getting a damned flip top. I can text faster on one than this pint size little computer. Every time I hit a letter two pop up on the screen. I post on a desktop. Call me old but at least my damned fingers fit.

I use the built in google app more than anything. My fat fingers always hit 2 buttons as well. But if you hit the microphone, then you can talk to the sucker and it texts for you!!

Gunny
05-30-2016, 04:07 PM
I use the built in google app more than anything. My fat fingers always hit 2 buttons as well. But if you hit the microphone, then you can talk to the sucker and it texts for you!!

Guess what? That microphone doesn't do well with a Texas accent. I tried that crap. You'd have thought I was from a distant planet or some crap. :laugh2:

The voice options out for me. And my fingers ain't fat. My hands are huge. I've worked with them all my life. They just don't fit. I usually use a bluetooth just to talk. I honestly hate cell phones. Tiny ass little things.

jimnyc
05-30-2016, 04:12 PM
Guess what? That microphone doesn't do well with a Texas accent. I tried that crap. You'd have thought I was from a distant planet or some crap. :laugh2:

The voice options out for me. And my fingers ain't fat. My hands are huge. I've worked with them all my life. They just don't fit. I usually use a bluetooth just to talk. I honestly hate cell phones. Tiny ass little things.

I didn't think of that while making my post! I know I sorta need to talk "robotish" as I put it, in order to make all of the words come out correctly. Speak like a new yorker and that won't work either, but I don't have a NY accent at all, luckily for me. :)

My fingers aren't really fat either, I just like saying that. :) But those damn letters ARE intentionally small, just to fuck with all of us, you know that right? It's true, it's got to be!! :laugh: