PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: Americans Have No Idea What Memorial Day Is

jimnyc
05-30-2016, 04:21 PM
How sad is this? I know it's only a video, and I know they often edit these to make them seem worse than they are. But these people are out there. They exist.

-----

Memorial Day is about paying respect to those who fought and died while serving their country to protect the freedoms that Americans enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qEOp1gCCTM

It’s not about remembering Neil Armstrong, celebrating LGBT issues, the first flight of the Wright brothers, or the freeing of the slaves.

When Mark Dice asked San Diegans what they thought the military holiday was all about, the response was demoralizing.

Dice first asks a young woman, “What’s the purpose of Memorial Day?”, to which she refuses to even come up with an answer, asking, “Do I have to do this?”

Another African-American man is then told that Memorial Day is about celebrating the repeal of ‘don’t ask, don’t tell,’ and the “inclusiveness of the LGBT community.”

“I love the LGBT community, I’m all about it,” he responds.

“What is the purpose of Memorial Day?” Dice asks another man. “No clue, that’s my answer,” he bluntly replies.

Another man tells Dice that he would need to sit down and think about it before he could specifically say what Memorial Day was.

Failing to challenge Dice’s assertion that Memorial Day is about “the freeing of the slaves and the end of the civil war,” another man says he will commemorate the occasion by “doing some drinking.”

A man wearing a red shirt and hat then agrees that it was right for the government to cancel NASA’s annual Memorial Day celebration of Neil Armstrong walking on the moon.

A woman then relates what Memorial Day means to her, “a day off of work on Monday,” before another woman who says she has never took part in any Memorial Day activities agrees that the government is right to cancel Memorial Day, “if it’s in the best interests of the country.”

rest here - http://www.infowars.com/video-americans-have-no-idea-what-memorial-day-is/

Elessar
05-30-2016, 05:18 PM
jimnyc, an old saying is "You just cannot fix Stupid", but in these
kinds of cases "but ignorance is harder to adjust" should be added!

Gunny
05-30-2016, 05:28 PM
@Jimney, an old saying is "You just cannot fix Stupid", but in these
kinds of cases "but ignorance is harder to adjust" should be added!

Memorial Day is a combination of VE Day and VJ Day. (And no Jim, VJ DAY doesn't stand for vagina. Victory over Japan :slap: ) Veterans's Day was originally Armistice Day ending WWI. I think it was LBJ that started combining everything and making it the closest Monday. He did the same with Washington's and Lincoln's birthdays creating President's Day.

I can't believe how much these punks don't know about their own history.

Atticus Finch
05-31-2016, 04:34 AM
Memorial Day is a combination of VE Day and VJ Day. (And no Jim, VJ DAY doesn't stand for vagina. Victory over Japan :slap: ) Veterans's Day was originally Armistice Day ending WWI. I think it was LBJ that started combining everything and making it the closest Monday. He did the same with Washington's and Lincoln's birthdays creating President's Day.

I can't believe how much these punks don't know about their own history.The dumbing down of American youth has been in full swing for a while.The leftist are re writing our founding,stomping on it's founding documents,except when it fits their agenda,tearing down the traditional God ordained marriage and the family unit to mean anything they define it and now gender confusion is the new step in ther fundamental changing of the country....If we ever regain our country again Obama and his administration ought to be hung for treason.

pete311
05-31-2016, 08:11 AM
These videos are garbage. They shoot for a few hours and edit out all the people who answered right. Many are also fake.

Elessar
05-31-2016, 03:42 PM
These videos are garbage. They shoot for a few hours and edit out all the people who answered right. Many are also fake.

And you know that for certain? How about some proof?
Maybe it is a sampling of how stupid some people really are,
which does not excuse the ignorance.

Gunny
05-31-2016, 05:24 PM

Got some REAL knowledge on the topic? Of course they show the ones they want to but it doesn't take away the meaning of the point.

I bet next you're going to say those Rachel Maddow is honest? I know how journalists operate all too well. You don't know what you're talking about.

namvet
05-31-2016, 07:02 PM
ask em what decoration day is

Gunny
05-31-2016, 07:03 PM
ask em what decoration day is

That when they give traitors like Bo Bergdahl medals?

namvet
05-31-2016, 07:07 PM
That when they give traitors like Bo Bergdahl medals?

right. posthumously

Gunny
05-31-2016, 08:18 PM
right. posthumously

I wouldn't have risked my Marines looking for his ass. You'd have to court martial me for refusing to obey an order. Six people died looking for this fuckwit. A firing squad is too quick a punishment as far as I am concerned. You don't compromise the integrity of my unit and you don't get my Marines killed.

He deserves to die a slow painful death. We should give him back.

namvet
05-31-2016, 08:35 PM
I wouldn't have risked my Marines looking for his ass. You'd have to court martial me for refusing to obey an order. Six people died looking for this fuckwit. A firing squad is too quick a punishment as far as I am concerned. You don't compromise the integrity of my unit and you don't get my Marines killed.

He deserves to die a slow painful death. We should give him back.

naw use em for shark bait

Gunny
05-31-2016, 09:55 PM
naw use em for shark bait

You mean like hook him up and sail around the Great Barrier Reef? Sounds like a good reason for a BBQ on the smoke deck to me. But we'd need lawn chairs. :laugh:

namvet
05-31-2016, 09:59 PM
You mean like hook him up and sail around the Great Barrier Reef? Sounds like a good reason for a BBQ on the smoke deck to me. But we'd need lawn chairs. :laugh:

or Bergdahl on the barbie :laugh:

Gunny
05-31-2016, 10:01 PM
or Bergdahl on the barbie :laugh:

You damned squids. So now you want to deprive Jaws of his dinner. :laugh:

I'll go with burgers on the grill and lowering him slowly so only what's left of his feet are in the water. Entertainment's hard to come by on float. Got to make that shit last.