PDA

View Full Version : In Honor Of Memorial Day: The Battle Of "Ia Drang" (Documentary)

jimnyc
05-30-2016, 04:31 PM
Just found this while browsing this site as I do daily. I haven't even watched but 60 seconds of this so far. I just thought I would share for anyone interested. The write-up is certainly not mine either.

-----

The Battle of "Ia Drang" was a real battle that inspired the movie "We Were Soldiers" The Battle of Ia Drang was the first major battle between regulars of the United States Army and regulars of the People's Army of Vietnam (PAVN / NVA) of North Vietnam during the Vietnam War. The two-part battle took place between November 14 and November 18, 1965, at two landing zones (LZs) northwest of Plei Me in the Central Highlands of South Vietnam (approximately 35 miles south-west of Pleiku) as part of the U.S. airmobile offensive codenamed Operation Silver Bayonet. The battle derives its name from the Drang River which runs through the valley northwest of Plei Me, in which the engagement took place. Ia means "river" in the local Montagnard language.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/embed/94800" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gunny
05-30-2016, 04:35 PM
Just found this while browsing this site as I do daily. I haven't even watched but 60 seconds of this so far. I just thought I would share for anyone interested. The write-up is certainly not mine either.

-----

The Battle of "Ia Drang" was a real battle that inspired the movie "We Were Soldiers" The Battle of Ia Drang was the first major battle between regulars of the United States Army and regulars of the People's Army of Vietnam (PAVN / NVA) of North Vietnam during the Vietnam War. The two-part battle took place between November 14 and November 18, 1965, at two landing zones (LZs) northwest of Plei Me in the Central Highlands of South Vietnam (approximately 35 miles south-west of Pleiku) as part of the U.S. airmobile offensive codenamed Operation Silver Bayonet. The battle derives its name from the Drang River which runs through the valley northwest of Plei Me, in which the engagement took place. Ia means "river" in the local Montagnard language.

<iframe src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/embed/94800" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

Need to fix your thread title. It's IA Drang, not LA Drang. 8th of November 1965. Col Hal Moore is one my all-time heroes. When in doubt, fucking attack.

jimnyc
05-30-2016, 04:50 PM
Need to fix your thread title. It's IA Drang, not LA Drang. 8th of November 1965. Col Hal Moore is one my all-time heroes. When in doubt, fucking attack.

I just copied and pasted from here - http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhz0gASIyXuCgg4WQC

I'm not as dumb as you look!! :beer:

Gunny
05-30-2016, 04:53 PM
I just copied and pasted from here - http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhz0gASIyXuCgg4WQC

I'm not as dumb as you look!! :beer:

Nobody's as dumb as I look. :laugh:

jimnyc
05-30-2016, 05:01 PM

When I posted I thought "La Drang" and of course also thought of LA, wondering what the connection was. I perhaps should have looked further. The dumbass spelled it correctly in his write-up. I wonder of the folks at WSHH corrected it for him when they posted it! LOL

C'mon Mr. Gunny, I was just messin with ya, and that's all I can say. I saw you reeled in a few very nice looking women in your time, which means you can't be too ugly. I can't really comment any nicer than that without sounding too gay. So Eff now now!! :laugh:

Elessar
05-30-2016, 05:03 PM

Ohhhh, shit! You left yourself wide open with that reply!:laugh2:

"You caused a lot people a lot of problems here today, Pilgrim..might have gotten
someone killed! And someone ought to belt you in the mouth...but I won't. The hell I won't!"
John Wayne - McClintock

Just how dumb do you look?

jimnyc
05-30-2016, 05:08 PM

"You caused a lot people a lot of problems here today, Pilgrim..might have gotten
someone killed! And someone ought to belt you in the mouth...but I won't. The hell I won't!"
John Wayne - McClintock

I was about to tell him that I think gabosaurus is most definitely as dumb as he is ugly. But then I thought it may not look too kindly to hitting 2 birds with one stone, for pretty much no reason, so I changed my mind. :)

Gunny
05-30-2016, 05:19 PM

John Wayne - McClintock

Look at my profile. That's me and my youngest granddaughter. I don't really look dumb. I usually look mean as Hell. But I can go along with a joke. What's Jim going to do to me? Shave my head and send me to Parris Island? :laugh:

I loved the Duke. Just watched McClintock the other day. Big Jake and the Sands of Iwo Jima are my favorites. Believe it or not, I patterned myself after two people when I was in. Sgt Stryker from the Sands of Iwo Jima and Sgt Saunders from Combat. So if I caused a lot of problems I achieved my goal. :laugh:

jimnyc
05-30-2016, 06:09 PM
Look at my profile. That's me and my youngest granddaughter. I don't really look dumb. I usually look mean as Hell. But I can go along with a joke. What's Jim going to do to me? Shave my head and send me to Parris Island? :laugh:

I loved the Duke. Just watched McClintock the other day. Big Jake and the Sands of Iwo Jima are my favorites. Believe it or not, I patterned myself after two people when I was in. Sgt Stryker from the Sands of Iwo Jima and Sgt Saunders from Combat. So if I caused a lot of problems I achieved my goal. :laugh:

I still only see the retarded minion thing when I go into your profile. I used to see a picture of you holding your granddaughter, but I don't see it anymore. Yep, just double checked, you have your profile picture and avatar as one and the same. Fix it - pronto!! :2up:

Gunny
05-30-2016, 06:44 PM
I still only see the retarded minion thing when I go into your profile. I used to see a picture of you holding your granddaughter, but I don't see it anymore. Yep, just double checked, you have your profile picture and avatar as one and the same. Fix it - pronto!! :2up:

Really? I got someone else to change my avatar. I didn't change my profile pic.

aboutime
05-30-2016, 07:29 PM

Looks like you won't get too many here to disagree with that gunny. (No laugh required):clap:

Gunny
05-31-2016, 09:59 PM

I'm sick and been busy. I'll square it away when I can.

Gunny
06-01-2016, 05:57 AM
I'm sick and been busy. I'll square it away when I can.

Fixed.