PDA

View Full Version : Sex-abuse case dropped because of delays in search for interpreter

nevadamedic
07-22-2007, 10:11 PM
Story Highlights

Charges dismissed because court took too long to find a Vai interpreter
Mahamu Kanneh accused of raping and repeatedly molesting a 7-year-old girl
Prosecutors first said Kanneh could understand proceedings without translation
Officials found suitable interpreter; judge ruled too much time already passed

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/22/charges.dismissed.ap/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

It's shit like this that pisses me off. This guy get's off because of not being able to find an interperator. The first one quit because it was to disturbing, now this guy will go out and harm someone elses child. I think this judge should be thrown off the bench. It's our Government's duty to protect us from creep's like this. I'm sure they could have fund an interperator. This asshole should have gotten the death penalty but noooooo, now this predator is running the streets.

Joan
07-22-2007, 10:27 PM
And the scumbag that did it should be deported!

nevadamedic
07-22-2007, 10:34 PM
And the scumbag that did it should be deported!

Should be killed.

waterrescuedude2000
07-23-2007, 09:50 PM
#1) If he lives in our country and doesn't speak our language. Thats not our problem. He broke the law he shouldnt get special treatment cause of his language issues.
#2) This is a direct quote from the article
"Prosecutors pointed out that Kanneh attended high school and community college in Montgomery and spoke to detectives in English."
#3) We need to Hang his ass like they would have 50 years ago.
I am not being racist. I am all for the noose. It is cheaper than paying for drugs to kill these fuckers.

nevadamedic
07-23-2007, 10:04 PM
#1) If he lives in our country and doesn't speak our language. Thats not our problem. He broke the law he shouldnt get special treatment cause of his language issues.
#2) This is a direct quote from the article
"Prosecutors pointed out that Kanneh attended high school and community college in Montgomery and spoke to detectives in English."
#3) We need to Hang his ass like they would have 50 years ago.
I am not being racist. I am all for the noose. It is cheaper than paying for drugs to kill these fuckers.

They should be able to retry him.

waterrescuedude2000
07-23-2007, 11:20 PM
They should be able to retry him.

:lame2: They should have said well you were speaking to the detectives in english therfore no translator is needed and proceeded. Judges like this should be kicked off the bench. :lame2:

nevadamedic
07-23-2007, 11:48 PM
:lame2: They should have said well you were speaking to the detectives in english therfore no translator is needed and proceeded. Judges like this should be kicked off the bench. :lame2:

He wasn't they had an interperter that had to leave after that because of the details.

waterrescuedude2000
07-23-2007, 11:56 PM
He wasn't they had an interperter that had to leave after that because of the details.

I know that it was a female that left the court room could stand to hear it.

But he was speaking english to the detectives therefore he spoke ENGLISH.

-Cp
07-24-2007, 01:16 AM
Now you're such a post whore that you dupe the story I posted this morning then have the gall to come to the one I started and link to yours? GOOD GRIEF...

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=5543

nevadamedic
07-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Now you're such a post whore that you dupe the story I posted this morning then have the gall to come to the one I started and link to yours? GOOD GRIEF...

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=5543

Look at the time and date of this story....Moron.