PDA

View Full Version : Bus full of pansies

darin
06-03-2016, 07:05 AM
If I was on this bus I'd hang myself with shame. GET OFF YOUR ASS and HELP, losers.

http://mynorthwest.com/307391/clallam-transit-bus-driver-called-hero-after-saving-woman-from-attack/

The incident occurred Saturday afternoon in Port Angeles, when a man, identified as 59-year-old Riley Edge White, rises from his seat, walks over to an 80-year-old woman and kicks her in the face. Surveillance cameras on the bus captured the violent attack.

As the woman screamed, the man grabbed her head, threw her to the floor and dragged her. After hearing the woman scream, the bus driver pulled over, yells at the man to stop and manages to pull him away.

The man then chokes the driver, with less than a dozen riders watch from the back of the bus, many of them on their cellphones. The man again attacked his bloodied first victim and the bus driver opens the doors, allowing the other riders to escape.

The driver called for help and the man pushed the elderly woman out of the bus. The bus drier ultimately managed to escape and disable the vehicle’s battery, which prevented the attacker from driving off with the bus.

Beyond the intense violence of the incident, Dori was most struck by the reaction of the passengers.

“What you see on the bus surveillance video is people streaming off the bus; not one person went and helped the 80-year-old woman or the female bus driver,” he said. “… They’re all huddled with their cell phones. That has become the default, instinctive reaction to seeing an 80-year-old woman get kicked in the head and get beaten by a man. It’s, ‘Oh, I’m going to grab my phone and record this and then when the door opens up I’m going to sprint off as fast as I can.’”

CSM
06-03-2016, 07:14 AM
If I was on this bus I'd hang myself with shame. GET OFF YOUR ASS and HELP, losers.

http://mynorthwest.com/307391/clallam-transit-bus-driver-called-hero-after-saving-woman-from-attack/

and this is surprising why? Heck, we are in the midst of a generation of folks who are completely dependent on somebody else doing something to the point they cannot defend themselves, never mind defend somebody else.

Abbey Marie
06-03-2016, 09:19 AM
Many young men today seem quite comfortable taking on the traditional dependent role of women. As CSM alludes, they expect to be protected themselves.

I re-watched Titanic the other day, and was struck by the thought that very few men today would actually let women and children ahead of them into those life boats. I pray that our daughter finds a real man to marry. Not some metro hipster who cares more about his little knit hat than our country.

Elessar
06-03-2016, 02:00 PM
My God! I would have dropped that fuc*** in 10 seconds. Three
swift moves would have him on his back, damn near out cold. Ever hit one around the
ears so hard it would blow their eyeballs damn near out?

What is with people that stare into cell phones and do not intervene to
protect another? What if that was their Grandmother..or Mother?

Gunny
06-03-2016, 02:56 PM
My God! I would have dropped that fuc*** in 10 seconds. Three
swift moves would have him on his back, damn near out cold. Ever hit one around the
ears so hard it would blow their eyeballs damn near out?

What is with people that stare into cell phones and do not intervene to
protect another? What if that was their Grandmother..or Mother?

No f-ing sh*t. It would be Captain Caveman time around me.

I must be living in some fairey tale world or in the past. The one where real men come to the aid of women, children and old people. Sad. How times have changed. I can remember when the men would be hurting each other to get at the maggot.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-03-2016, 04:20 PM

I would have stomped that bastard and knocked the living hell out of anybody that tried to stop me!!
Nobody has ever attacked a woman like that around me and not been stomped by me and yes its happened a few times in my long life.
Damn wimps, likely dem voters and arrogant woosies to boot, did nothing !!
Hell, I'd probably slapped the living hell out of them too after knocking that cowardly bastard out .....:mad:--Tyr

Gunny
06-03-2016, 04:25 PM
I would have stomped that bastard and knocked the living hell out of anybody that tried to stop me!!
Nobody has ever attacked a woman like that around me and not been stomped by me and yes its happened a few times in my long life.
Damn wimps, likely dem voters and arrogant woosies to boot, did nothing !!
Hell, I'd probably slapped the living hell out of them too after knocking that cowardly bastard out .....:mad:--Tyr

I was trying to be civilized about it. He'd have run into every pole on his way out the furthest door with the most poles in between.

And yeah, I don't know who is worse. I remember when men were men. It's our leftwingnut society that's created it though. He'll probably turn around and sue the bus company. No one wants to get involved out of fear.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-03-2016, 05:13 PM
I was trying to be civilized about it. He'd have run into every pole on his way out the furthest door with the most poles in between.

And yeah, I don't know who is worse. I remember when men were men. It's our leftwingnut society that's created it though. He'll probably turn around and sue the bus company. No one wants to get involved out of fear.

So true, but I'd stomped his sorry ass and took my chances in court if it came to that.
I've done it before and been in court before for doing it. Worse I ever got was a small fine once, the other times-I was praised by those judges for saving the victim...
None of those cowardly attackers , ever came after me for a second dose of ass-stomping.
If they had--they'd got double for their efforts.--Tyr

Gunny
06-03-2016, 05:45 PM
So true, but I'd stomped his sorry ass and took my chances in court if it came to that.
I've done it before and been in court before for doing it. Worse I ever got was a small fine once, the other times-I was praised by those judges for saving the victim...
None of those cowardly attackers , ever came after me for a second dose of ass-stomping.
If they had--they'd got double for their efforts.--Tyr

If you're waiting on me to disagree, I suggest not holding your breath. I'd have beat his ass, plain and simple. I'm as Southern redneck as you are. We don't take kindly to that kind of shit.

I think though the point of the thread is more about the people who did nothing. What have we become as a society? All I ever see is people living in their own little worlds on their cellphones. They don't do shit. Facebook is WAY more important than stopping someone from beating a little old lady. Why do you think I'm always so sarcastic? THIS is what I spent 21 years of my life defending? Their right to ignore reality in favor of people lying to them on facebook or whatever?

Elessar
06-03-2016, 06:44 PM
If you're waiting on me to disagree, I suggest not holding your breath. I'd have beat his ass, plain and simple. I'm as Southern redneck as you are. We don't take kindly to that kind of shit.

Too bad there are not enough rednecks or Southern - raised folks around like You and Tyr.

Put an ass-whooping on someone while defending another and the consequences to you be damned!

I did it often bouncing bars in the coal mining region of WVa...and some in military bars.

This guy deserved to be put in misery immediately.

...and the Point was about people sitting back and doing nothing!

Gunny
06-03-2016, 07:02 PM
Too bad there are not enough rednecks or Southern - raised folks around like You and Tyr.

Put an ass-whooping on someone while defending another and the consequences to you be damned!

I did it often bouncing bars in the coal mining region of WVa...and some in military bars.

This guy deserved to be put in misery immediately.

...and the Point was about people sitting back and doing nothing!

I got news for you, bubs. I ain't never met a West Virginian that wasn't a redneck. And in the US West Virginia cola miners coined the phrase. The irony to it is the union-loving liberals are the ones that were the original rednecks. There was a battle in your state between union and non-union. The union people wore red bandanas to identify themselves. Now those same union people/leftwiners use that term as an insult and all I got to say is you're damned right I'm a redneck. I wear Wranglers, boots, pearl snap shirts and cowboy boots and a baseball cap or cowboy hat.

And I'm damned proud to be one. If being a good old boy means I ain't settin' around watching some jackass beat an old woman, then you call me what you want to.

Elessar
06-03-2016, 07:10 PM
I got news for you, bubs. I ain't never met a West Virginian that wasn't a redneck. And in the US West Virginia cola miners coined the phrase. The irony to it is the union-loving liberals are the ones that were the original rednecks. There was a battle in your state between union and non-union. The union people wore red bandanas to identify themselves. Now those same union people/leftwiners use that term as an insult and all I got to say is you're damned right I'm a redneck. I wear Wranglers, boots, pearl snap shirts and cowboy boots and a baseball cap or cowboy hat.

And I'm damned proud to be one. If being a good old boy means I ain't settin' around watching some jackass beat an old woman, then you call me what you want to.

I've got news for YOU, Bubs! I know full well what the history is. It was the Coal strikes and violence in the early 20th century that coined
the phrase.

Coal miners

The term "redneck" in the early 20th century was occasionally used in reference to American coal miner union members who wore red bandannas for solidarity. The sense of "a union man" dates at least to the 1910s and was especially popular during the 1920s and 1930s in the coal-producing regions of West Virginia, Kentucky, and Pennsylvania.[14] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck#cite_note-14) It was also used by union strikers to describe poor white str (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strikebreakers)ikebreakers.

I am a generally mild 'Redneck', but can flip the switch in an instant if the situation demands.

Gunny
06-03-2016, 07:23 PM
I've got news for YOU, Bubs! I know full well what the history is. It was the Coal strikes and violence in the early 20th century that coined
the phrase.

Coal miners

The term "redneck" in the early 20th century was occasionally used in reference to American coal miner union members who wore red bandannas for solidarity. The sense of "a union man" dates at least to the 1910s and was especially popular during the 1920s and 1930s in the coal-producing regions of West Virginia, Kentucky, and Pennsylvania.[14] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck#cite_note-14) It was also used by union strikers to describe poor white str (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strikebreakers)ikebreakers.

I am a generally mild 'Redneck', but can flip the switch in an instant if the situation demands.

It coined the phrase in THIS country. It actually came from Scotland. I don't remember the full story but I believe it was so one side of the Scots could recognize each other. Either way, you are correct as far as the term is used in the US. They had some stupid battle on a mountain as I recall.

I am curious as to when they did the reversal on the definition thought. The union strikers were the rednecks. How'd we end up with the title?

Elessar
06-03-2016, 07:33 PM
I am curious as to when they did the reversal on the definition thought. The union strikers were the rednecks. How'd we end up with the title?

That is a bit of a quandary. The entomology is a bit vague, but the Union Thugs back then with the bandannas were the aggressors
during the strikes, bullying the independent workers. Back then the mines were largely owned by PA, MD, and NY millionaires that
did not give a shit about the hard rock miners.

Gunny
06-03-2016, 07:49 PM
That is a bit of a quandary. The entomology is a bit vague, but the Union Thugs back then with the bandannas were the aggressors
during the strikes, bullying the independent workers. Back then the mines were largely owned by PA, MD, and NY millionaires that
did not give a shit about the hard rock miners.

You mean like they're the aggressors at Trump rallies and BLM crap? What a shock. That was over a hundred years ago. We ever going to learn?

Elessar
06-03-2016, 11:50 PM
You mean like they're the aggressors at Trump rallies and BLM crap? What a shock. That was over a hundred years ago. We ever going to learn?

Quote: "You can't fix Stupid, nor can you adjust Ignorance in the unwilling".

The underlined part is my add-on to that classic quote.

Atticus Finch
06-04-2016, 05:47 AM

And I'm damned proud to be one. If being a good old boy means I ain't settin' around watching some jackass beat an old woman, then you call me what you want to.I'm glad somebody got the histroy of redneck right...kudos Gunny

Atticus Finch
06-04-2016, 05:49 AM
It coined the phrase in THIS country. It actually came from Scotland. I don't remember the full story but I believe it was so one side of the Scots could recognize each other. Either way, you are correct as far as the term is used in the US. They had some stupid battle on a mountain as I recall.

I am curious as to when they did the reversal on the definition thought. The union strikers were the rednecks. How'd we end up with the title?The Battle of Blair Mountain 1922 I believe.First time Federal troops were ordered to fire on US citizens since the War Between the States.

Atticus Finch
06-04-2016, 05:50 AM
BTW that dirt bag woulda got a temple shot with my .380

Gunny
06-04-2016, 01:35 PM
BTW that dirt bag woulda got a temple shot with my .380

Too quick and easy. He ain't getting off the hook THAT easy.

namvet
06-04-2016, 01:37 PM
SOP I don't want to get involved

Elessar
06-04-2016, 05:51 PM
SOP I don't want to get involved

That is a huge problem as well. But they will sit or stand and gawk - or nowadays text
away furiously.

I came upon a car wreck near Yorktown VA while riding my bike. Some old lady
had run a stop sign and got trapped under a truckload of bricks. Her motor was still
running and was smoking. There were close to a dozen people standing there looking.

I reached in and shut off the ignition and the smoking ceased. I turned around and hollered
"Why didn't anyone help?" The chorus of replies was "I didn't want to get involved".

Frikkin' weaklings!

Gunny
06-04-2016, 06:06 PM
That is a huge problem as well. But they will sit or stand and gawk - or nowadays text
away furiously.

I came upon a car wreck near Yorktown VA while riding my bike. Some old lady
had run a stop sign and got trapped under a truckload of bricks. Her motor was still
running and was smoking. There were close to a dozen people standing there looking.

I reached in and shut off the ignition and the smoking ceased. I turned around and hollered
"Why didn't anyone help?" The chorus of replies was "I didn't want to get involved".

Frikkin' weaklings!

Bet your ass if it had been an officer involved shooting there'd be crap all over social media and the MSM.

Elessar
06-04-2016, 10:30 PM
Bet your ass if it had been an officer involved shooting there'd be crap all over social media and the MSM.

...and some of these Dill-Weeds question First Responders and immediate decisions. Farkin' weaklings.