PDA

View Full Version : Teacher having sex with 8th grade boy

Atticus Finch
06-04-2016, 10:01 AM
My adolescent side says,lucky 8th grader.My adult responsible side says this is highly irresponsible and repulsive...:slap:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/national/texas-teacher-had-sex-with-her-th-grade-english-student/article_c09fc5e4-a0b9-5350-9a02-28e09449dd64.html

jimnyc
06-04-2016, 10:24 AM
Same here! My initial thought is always "lucky little bastard, why didn't I ever get so lucky in HS". But then the more I think about it, the more the little bit of adult I have in me comes out, I have to admit it's simply wrong, male or female.

namvet
06-04-2016, 01:34 PM
nothing new. been going on for years

Gunny
06-04-2016, 02:09 PM
My adolescent side says,lucky 8th grader.My adult responsible side says this is highly irresponsible and repulsive...:slap:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/national/texas-teacher-had-sex-with-her-th-grade-english-student/article_c09fc5e4-a0b9-5350-9a02-28e09449dd64.html

Same here! My initial thought is always "lucky little bastard, why didn't I ever get so lucky in HS". But then the more I think about it, the more the little bit of adult I have in me comes out, I have to admit it's simply wrong, male or female.

I had just figured what sex was in the 8th grade. I don't know what I would have done.

As an adult, especially how everyone has to blab everything on the internet on their cellphones nowadays, why would you risk your career and your home life on some dumb kid? There's no logic to it. Same with any rapist to me. Go buy a damned hooker. And this teacher is female. She doesn't even have to pay. Just go to a bar. By 11PM you can pick your hound dog. :laugh:

namvet
06-04-2016, 02:29 PM
I nailed my first one at age 11 or 12. and she was a damned good teacher :laugh:

darin
06-04-2016, 02:37 PM
Had the genders been reversed the teacher would face much worse prosecution and punishment

Elessar
06-04-2016, 05:35 PM

It is wrong, male or female.

But I have to admit - none of my teachers during that age phase were attractive enough
to even be remotely interested in!:laugh:

CSM
06-05-2016, 06:14 AM
Where's Gabby? She was all over the pedophile priests and perverted Republicans.....

Gunny
06-05-2016, 03:42 PM
Where's Gabby? She was all over the pedophile priests and perverted Republicans.....

Probably making the rounds trolling other boards.

darin
06-06-2016, 01:41 AM
time out - the parents knew about it????? And did nothing?

I hope she gets off (no pun intended) scott free.

Noir
06-06-2016, 04:59 AM
Had the genders been reversed the teacher would face much worse prosecution and punishment

True, because of comments like this

Here's hoping she doesn't get off Scott free.

Atticus Finch
06-06-2016, 05:50 AM

Here's hoping she doesn't get off Scott free.I've always wanted to meet this Scott Free fellow.When ever his name is mentioned most people are not happy.

Noir
06-06-2016, 05:56 AM
I've always wanted to meet this Scott Free fellow.When ever his name is mentioned most people are not happy.

Apparently he lives up Vancouver way
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/7705FCF5-1656-42AF-BB50-428CD0DDEA43_zps7v988xvm.png (http://s80.photobucket.com/user/jonathan-mcc/media/7705FCF5-1656-42AF-BB50-428CD0DDEA43_zps7v988xvm.png.html)

darin
06-06-2016, 06:01 AM

Here's hoping she doesn't get off Scott free.

Fair - if she goes to jail, the parents need to go to jail too, right?

Black Diamond
06-06-2016, 06:40 AM

Neglect ??

darin
06-06-2016, 07:01 AM
Neglect ??

Yeah maybe.

Noir
06-06-2016, 07:02 AM

That certainly needs to be considered, as to how much they knew/enabled.

darin
06-06-2016, 07:38 AM

Except the parents may also consent to emancipation of their minor kids. Allowing the relationship is tantamount to emancipation of their son. If the parents are not charge or cannot be charged, the teacher should face no legal action from the relationship itself. There are other aspects she should be brought to charged for - but not the actual sex probably. Just a twisted situation.

And yes - had it been a male teacher and female student folks would be protesting and all that.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-06-2016, 08:09 AM
Parents gave their permission, thus charge them or else charge nobody.
As his guardians they freely gave permission.
Teacher can be held liable as far as her job is concerned but the boy was not under the age of 14 so she should not be prosecuted for having sex with the 15 year old IMHO.
With that said, I think it totally a mistake for the parents to give permission , even though thinking back and placing myself at age 15 I'd be all for it.
Genetic programing is a very powerful force in males at an early age.....--Tyr

Noir
06-06-2016, 09:20 AM
Teacher can be held liable as far as her job is concerned but the boy was not under the age of 14 so she should not be prosecuted for having sex with the 15 year old IMHO.

From the OP - "authorities issued a warrant for her arrest on a felony charge of continuous sexual abuse of a child. The student is under the age of 14."

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-06-2016, 09:38 AM
From the OP - "authorities issued a warrant for her arrest on a felony charge of continuous sexual abuse of a child. The student is under the age of 14."

Ok, then the parents should be charged TOO.....
As 13 years old is too young, regardless of parental permission given..
If my child, boy or girl, 13 years old is too young.--Tyr

namvet
06-06-2016, 10:02 AM

great idea but unfortunately we are a lawless nation

namvet
06-06-2016, 10:14 AM
http://i65.tinypic.com/sl1e0y.jpg

if it had a brain it would be dangerous

Elessar
06-06-2016, 10:19 AM

They are equally guilty, in my opinion!

fj1200
06-06-2016, 11:07 AM

He was abused and she is a predator.

Irrelevant. She abused her position of power and is a sex offender.

Noir
06-06-2016, 11:34 AM
Except the parents may also consent to emancipation of their minor kids. Allowing the relationship is tantamount to emancipation of their son. If the parents are not charge or cannot be charged, the teacher should face no legal action from the relationship itself. There are other aspects she should be brought to charged for - but not the actual sex probably. Just a twisted situation.

And yes - had it been a male teacher and female student folks would be protesting and all that.

Well if you're grand with the likes of a 26 year old raping a 13 year old then we are at an unagreeable state.

It is also pretty clear in the article that she was raping the child before the parents knew.

Black Diamond
06-06-2016, 11:38 AM

Lots of my 8th grade class would have loved to be abused by our 22 year old science teacher. I agree she abused her position.

jimnyc
06-06-2016, 11:39 AM

If he was abused, she was a predator & the parents allowed it - then it was NOT irrelevant. That means they allowed for this abuse to take place.

Black Diamond
06-06-2016, 11:41 AM
If he was abused, she was a predator & the parents allowed it - then it was NOT irrelevant. That means they allowed for this abuse to take place.

That's why i am curious about a neglect charge

jimnyc
06-06-2016, 11:44 AM
Well if you're grand with the likes of a 26 year old raping a 13 year old then we are at an I agreeable state.

It is also pretty clear in the articl that she was raping the child before the parents knew.

Statutory rape, and yes, that's a huge difference, and yes, both unlawful. Just a minor correction, but a correction nonetheless. If not a difference between the 2, then there wouldn't be a need to have 2 different ways of labeling them. :)

jimnyc
06-06-2016, 11:46 AM

My kid is 15 right now. I couldn't imagine allowing him to continue to date someone double his age. And if I did so, and especially allowed it to take place under my roof, I would expect to be charged with various crimes if she is charged.

fj1200
06-06-2016, 11:48 AM
Lots of my 8th grade class would have loved to be abused by our 22 year old science teacher. I agree she abused her position.

Kinda not the point and indicative of why the double standard huh?

fj1200
06-06-2016, 11:50 AM

He was abused, she is a predator, she abused her position of power whether the parents allowed it or not.

fj1200
06-06-2016, 11:51 AM

They were neglectful in their parental duties.

jimnyc
06-06-2016, 11:58 AM
He was abused, she is a predator, she abused her position of power whether the parents allowed it or not.

Darin mentioned that they knew about it and should be charged - and you replied that it was irrelevant. Either you weren't very good in replying to specifically which point you were addressing - or you don't think it matters whether or not the parents allowed for such activity. I don't think it's irrelevant, and I think they should be held responsible for allowing such laws to be broken under their roof.

jimnyc
06-06-2016, 11:58 AM
They were neglectful in their parental duties.

Such neglect can lead to criminal charges in many areas - why then would you find their actions irrelevant?

Black Diamond
06-06-2016, 12:02 PM
Such neglect can lead to criminal charges in many areas - why then would you find their actions irrelevant?

They aren't. It sounds like neglect to me.

fj1200
06-06-2016, 12:03 PM
Darin mentioned that they knew about it and should be charged - and you replied that it was irrelevant. Either you weren't very good in replying to specifically which point you were addressing - or you don't think it matters whether or not the parents allowed for such activity. I don't think it's irrelevant, and I think they should be held responsible for allowing such laws to be broken under their roof.

He said he hopes she gets off scot-free because they knew about it. Them knowing about it is irrelevant to her abusing her position of power. They should be held responsible for their role as I commented in a later post.

:)

fj1200
06-06-2016, 12:03 PM

You should have read the second sentence. My apologies for any confusion.

Noir
06-06-2016, 12:04 PM
Statutory rape, and yes, that's a huge difference, and yes, both unlawful. Just a minor correction, but a correction nonetheless. If not a difference between the 2, then there wouldn't be a need to have 2 different ways of labeling them. :)

Make the correction to the guy that's calling it sex.

jimnyc
06-06-2016, 12:09 PM
You should have read the second sentence.

Darin wrote into 2 different paragraphs, even if short. You replied with a sentence which appeared to address everything he wrote. "irrelevant" with a period after it would lead one to believe that initial sentence addressed his initial sentence, and the same thereafter. Perhaps quoting just the 2nd portion would have made it clearer. If me, I would have only quoted the portion I were replying to. But you'll argue that point too. :)

jimnyc
06-06-2016, 12:11 PM

No thanks, I did just fine in making the appropriate correction.

fj1200
06-06-2016, 12:11 PM
Darin wrote into 2 different paragraphs, even if short. You replied with a sentence which appeared to address everything he wrote. "irrelevant" with a period after it would lead one to believe that initial sentence addressed his initial sentence, and the same thereafter. Perhaps quoting just the 2nd portion would have made it clearer. If me, I would have only quoted the portion I were replying to. But you'll argue that point too. :)

Whatever.

Abbey Marie
06-06-2016, 02:52 PM
Well if you're grand with the likes of a 26 year old raping a 13 year old then we are at an unagreeable state.

It is also pretty clear in the article that she was raping the child before the parents knew.

Help me out. She's definitely gross, and a predator, etc., but- how does a female rape a male? Are we talking strapping something on and forcing him to have anal sex? Because if we are talking standard male -female sex, I kinda think the male needs to "willingly participate" or nothing is going to happen. Now, I can understand that this is mental abuse and child abuse, and I think she should be fired and prosecuted, but how is it rape?

Noir
06-06-2016, 03:06 PM
Help me out. She's definitely gross, and a predator, etc., but- how does a female rape a male? Are we talking strapping something on and forcing him to have anal sex? Because if we are talking standard male -female sex, I kinda think the male needs to "willingly participate" or nothing is going to happen. Now, I can understand that this is mental abuse and child abuse, and I think she should be fired and prosecuted, but how is it rape?

Can a 13 year old consent to sex?

Black Diamond
06-06-2016, 03:18 PM

It's statutory rape but not rape. It's one of the few times where an adjective changes the meaning of the noun completely imo.

Atticus Finch
06-06-2016, 05:03 PM
It's statutory rape but not rape. It's one of the few times where an adjective changes the meaning of the noun completely imo.
Bingo...or in the lingo of the brothers it's stationary rap

Abbey Marie
06-06-2016, 07:42 PM

I understand and and agree with statutory rape laws. I am questioning in this case calling it rape at all. I know this isn't a PC stance to take, but I truly don't get it in this kind of case.

Can someone address my question about how you can rape a male if it is hetero normal style sex? Maybe I'm just being too technical about it...

Elessar
06-06-2016, 07:51 PM

Got to agree with You Noir....this is many shades of wrong.

Elessar
06-06-2016, 07:58 PM

Correct what? This was not dominoes, you .....

Bill Clinton: "I did not have sex with that woman"....

Elessar
06-06-2016, 08:00 PM
Can a 13 year old consent to sex?

In most all States in the USA, No!

Elessar
06-06-2016, 08:02 PM
I understand and and agree with statutory rape laws. I am questioning in this case calling it rape at all. I know this isn't a PC stance to take, but I truly don't get it in this kind of case.

Can someone address my question about how you can rape a male if it is hetero normal style sex? Maybe I'm just being too technical about it...

Does it really matter what gender is the predator? I think not.

Gunny
06-06-2016, 08:04 PM

At age 14 males do not understand the consequences of their actions. Hormones take over their mind. Been there. The rape in this story is psychological more than physical, Tes, the physical seals the deal. However, this woman took advantage of her position, her age, and his puberty. I'd hit anything that wasn't nailed down when I was 14. My teachers were ugly so that wasn't an issue with me.

Rape is in the mind and how the law interprets it. An adult should not be able to take advantage of a youth. That would be stance as a prosecutor. The physical act would be a sidenote.

Black Diamond
06-06-2016, 09:54 PM

Have you seen the movie Disclosure?

darin
06-07-2016, 01:29 AM
It's their choice - the parents. Most of me says if the parents want their kid to be harmed, let 'em. Ruins the kid but that's not our responsibility.

Noir
06-07-2016, 05:50 AM
Most of me says if the parents want their kid to be harmed, let 'em.

Good grief.
So where do you draw the line with this nugget then?

darin
06-07-2016, 06:01 AM
Good grief.
So where do you draw the line with this nugget then?

I generally do not draw any lines. But this kid reportedly presented to the parents with this woman AS HIS GF. Once that happens I think the parents own the outcome. I do not support forced vaccinations. I do not support removing kids from parental decision-making most of the time, for better or worse because of "liberty".

Noir
06-07-2016, 06:03 AM
I generally do not draw any lines.

Right, but I would like to think you're not fine with parents abusing their children...so where do you draw the line in a statement like "if the parents want their kid to be harmed, let 'em"

darin
06-07-2016, 06:19 AM
Right, but I would like to think you're not fine with parents abusing their children...so where do you draw the line in a statement like "if the parents want their kid to be harmed, let 'em"

My line is with the parents. I have having a more-difficult time with the state stepping in for what they think is best for the child. The state is probably always wrong.

re: Parents - If they a) approved of the relationship - then it's a non-issue. It's on them to protect or enhance their kid's development despite what I think. b)will be charged alongside the woman - fine. Fair enough. For her to be charged apart from the parents is probably the wrong call.

Noir
06-07-2016, 06:42 AM
My line is with the parents.

So how does this line stop parents from abusing their children?

darin
06-07-2016, 06:51 AM
Nothing can stop parents from abusing their kids just as nothing can stop people from any other crime.

Noir
06-07-2016, 07:08 AM
Nothing can stop parents from abusing their kids just as nothing can stop people from any other crime.

Yes, and my point would be that we should punish parents who abuse their children, not just shrug and say 'it's the kids parents, they can abuse them if they want to'

darin
06-07-2016, 07:19 AM
Yes, and my point would be that we should punish parents who abuse their children, not just shrug and say 'it's the kids parents, they can abuse them if they want to'

I'm saying in this case it's the parents' call. Generally, for better or worse, society should butt-out. I know of child abuse happening constantly yet kids aren't taken away. Some people let their kids act-up in public. Some encourage their kids to change genders. Some even teach that life magically evolved.

The point is - if the parents are fine with their 15y/o dating a grown-ass woman, AND the parents aren't gonna be charged, the teacher shouldn't be either.

Noir
06-07-2016, 07:26 AM
The point is - if the parents are fine with their 15y/o dating a grown-ass woman, AND the parents aren't gonna be charged, the teacher shouldn't be either.

According to the OP we don't know the age of the student other than the fact that they were under 14. So at most a 13 year old.

As a curiosity - do you think it would be reasonable if a 13 year old started "flirting" with you, for you to think 'well as long as the kids parents are okay with this then this is an opportunity for a relationship'?

darin
06-07-2016, 07:29 AM
According to the OP we don't know the age of the student other than the fact that they were under 14. So at most a 13 year old.

As a curiosity - do you think it would be reasonable if a 13 year old started "flirting" with you, for you to think 'well as long as the kids parents are okay with this then this is an opportunity for a relationship'?

8th grade is 14/15 - unless I missed that part.

I'm not going to continue to take your red herrings.

My issue is this: IF the parents are not legally culpable, nor should the teacher.

Noir
06-07-2016, 07:42 AM

My issue is this: IF the parents are not legally culpable, nor should the teacher.

as per the OP "authorities issued a warrant for her arrest on a felony charge of continuous sexual abuse of a child. The student is under the age of 14."

And in my opinion both the parents and teachers are culpable. You've got some weird thing going on where it's okay for a child to be abused as long as the parents say it's okay.

fj1200
06-07-2016, 09:27 AM

8th grade is 13/14. They both violated laws.

Trigg
06-07-2016, 06:44 PM
I'm saying in this case it's the parents' call. Generally, for better or worse, society should butt-out. I know of child abuse happening constantly yet kids aren't taken away. Some people let their kids act-up in public. Some encourage their kids to change genders. Some even teach that life magically evolved.

She's in a position of authority over the child. Which means she's guilty of possible coercion in order to get the boy to have sex with her.

IT doesn't make it OK that the parents are such imbeciles, as to allow this to go on.

She's taking advantage of the child and her position.

IMHO the parents and the teacher should have jail time. This is disgusting, if it's a normal 8th grader we are talking a 13-14 year old. NOT 15, unless they've been held back.

My youngest just passed 8th grade, I'd hang any adult that touched him.

revelarts
06-08-2016, 07:40 AM
Teacher = wrong and wrong
Kid = victim and wrong
Parents = wrong and stupid and wrong

ran cross this semi related story

Jasmine Richardson - The youngest person ever to be convicted of multiple murders in Canada, Jasmine Richardson was twelve when she brutally murdered her parents and younger brother in Medicine Hat, Alberta. After the bodies were discovered on April 23rd, 2006, police feared Jasmine could also be a victim. However, she was later found alive with her 23-year-old boyfriend Jeremy Allen Steinke, whom her parents did not approve of...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/d0/fe/5a/d0fe5a19f68b4559b5489583582a948b.jpg

darin
06-08-2016, 08:19 AM
She's in a position of authority over the child. Which means she's guilty of possible coercion in order to get the boy to have sex with her.

IT doesn't make it OK that the parents are such imbeciles, as to allow this to go on.

IMHO the parents and the teacher should have jail time. This is disgusting, if it's a normal 8th grader we are talking a 13-14 year old. NOT 15, unless they've been held back.

Righto. But I take it a step farther - IF the parents condoned this thing, the woman should face no jail time. The fact she's a teacher and violated those rules - yes, as they apply prosecute.

jimnyc
06-08-2016, 08:23 AM
Righto.

Just wanted to hijack this thread and take a moment to say that your avatar and your dog rules!! :)

Trigg
06-08-2016, 11:10 AM
Righto. But I take it a step farther - IF the parents condoned this thing, the woman should face no jail time. The fact she's a teacher and violated those rules - yes, as they apply prosecute.

The fact that the parents knew about the situation simply makes it sadder for the child since he obviously doesn't have anyone looking out for his best interests.

They should be charged with child neglect and there is no excuse for a grown woman to be sleeping with a 13-14 year old child. She deserves jail time.

Kathianne
06-09-2016, 07:52 AM
I was watching this thread from my phone while out of town. I think the op fits in with this thread:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?49087-Fake-Rape&highlight=teachers+rape

darin
06-09-2016, 08:40 AM
The fact that the parents knew about the situation simply makes it sadder for the child since he obviously doesn't have anyone looking out for his best interests.

They should be charged with child neglect and there is no excuse for a grown woman to be sleeping with a 13-14 year old child. She deserves jail time.

And the parents too. All or nothing is what i'm saying. I think I believe that, actually. It's dicey for me. If a parent can show their 14 year old rated R and higher movies by mere consent...yeah, sexual involvement is worse, but look at today...I'd bet you dollars some kid soon will be busted for underage drinking and use the 'Well, I self-identify as a 30 year old' - and there's a 50-50 chance that might work.

What I know to be truth and goodness has sorta left our society. If a parent wants to harm their kid, maybe society stops questioning it? Have I given up hope? Maybe. What I know, however - I know your kids are beyond lucky to have you and D as parents.

Gunny
06-09-2016, 03:38 PM

I think DMP has a point. At the same time my immediate thought was the abuse of authority.

At the same time, if they are going to charge the teacher, they need to charge the parents. Lack of authority is STILL abuse of authority.

Trigg
06-11-2016, 09:08 AM
I think DMP has a point. At the same time my immediate thought was the abuse of authority.

At the same time, if they are going to charge the teacher, they need to charge the parents. Lack of authority is STILL abuse of authority.

I completely agree, obviously these parents don't care about the boy. Neglect of a minor or endangerment seem to fit this situation.