PDA

View Full Version : Firefighters Told To Remove American Flags From Their Trucks

jimnyc
06-05-2016, 12:18 PM
I just really don't get this shit sometimes. You MUST LISTEN to the video at the very least, and then at the VERY LEAST from :55 to 1:10 to hear what this nitwit had to say about flying the AMERICAN FLAG on the backs of fire trucks. People are literally out of their effing minds anymore. Seriously, the political correctness is destroying our country.

-----

According to recent reports, a group of firefighters from Rhode Island were just told by a local official that they could no longer fly the American flag from their trucks.

Fox News reports that Fred Gralinski of the Central Coventry Fire District compared the practice of flying American flags on trucks to ISIS flying its black flag while riding around in Iraq.

“They look like a bunch of yahoos,” Gralinski said at a board meeting. “Like in the paper, like ISIS in Syria going to take over a city. I don’t think they need that big flag on the back of the truck. That’s not America to me. Those are a bunch of terrorists. So I’m going to ask you to take the flag off that truck.”

Later, Gralinski apologized for the comment, claiming he “chose his words poorly.”

A firefighters union president said that the order hit firefighters particularly hard because many of them are veterans themselves. He also maintains that they should have been asked privately to not fly the flag.

The district is now reviewing this flag-flying protocol with the military.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5u1hU5NAr8

http://americannews.com/firefighters-told-to-remove-american-flags-from-their-trucks-so-they-do-this-instead/

Black Diamond
06-05-2016, 12:31 PM
If they are indeed forced to remove the flag (or flags), next time there's a fire, maybe they should let the building burn until they are allowed to put the flags back on.

Elessar
06-05-2016, 12:43 PM
I just really don't get this shit sometimes. You MUST LISTEN to the video at the very least, and then at the VERY LEAST from :55 to 1:10 to hear what this nitwit had to say about flying the AMERICAN FLAG on the backs of fire trucks. People are literally out of their effing minds anymore. Seriously, the political correctness is destroying our country.

That is not even being PC, Jim. It is the selfish rantings of a minor
local 'official'. His idea of reviewing the military for proper flag display
is just the height of ignorance. Utter Nonsense!

He should review the U.S. Flag Code instead. http://www.usflag.org/flagetiquette.html

There are few people in this country as patriotic as firefighters, First Responders
that put their lives at risk with each task they get involved in.

Black Diamond
06-05-2016, 12:45 PM
That is not even being PC, Jim. It is the selfish rantings of a minor
local 'official'. His idea of reviewing the military for proper flag display
is just the height of ignorance.

He should review the U.S. Flag Code instead. http://www.usflag.org/flagetiquette.html

There are few people in this country as patriotic as firefighters.
I don't think they care about proper display I think the union is telling the truth. They want the flags and stickers gone.

Gunny
06-05-2016, 03:33 PM
I would refuse. Fire my ass. Go put the fire out yourself.

Black Diamond
06-05-2016, 03:51 PM
I would refuse. Fire my ass. Go put the fire out yourself.

Yeah they need to make an idiot out of this official.

Actually all they have to do is HINT that they would refuse to put a fire out without the flags and that asswipe would shut his hole.

Gunny
06-05-2016, 04:04 PM

Actually all they have to do is HINT that they would refuse to put a fire out without the flags and that asswipe would shut his hole.

Nah. That makes YOU the bad guy. And no first responder is going to stand and watch someone die. We're just not wired that way. You refuse the order, they fire you, and you have no responsibility. Then you go back in during the middle of the night and put stickers back on every truck, :)

aboutime
06-05-2016, 04:13 PM

-----

According to recent reports, a group of firefighters from Rhode Island were just told by a local official that they could no longer fly the American flag from their trucks.

Fox News reports that Fred Gralinski of the Central Coventry Fire District compared the practice of flying American flags on trucks to ISIS flying its black flag while riding around in Iraq.

“They look like a bunch of yahoos,” Gralinski said at a board meeting. “Like in the paper, like ISIS in Syria going to take over a city. I don’t think they need that big flag on the back of the truck. That’s not America to me. Those are a bunch of terrorists. So I’m going to ask you to take the flag off that truck.”

Later, Gralinski apologized for the comment, claiming he “chose his words poorly.”

A firefighters union president said that the order hit firefighters particularly hard because many of them are veterans themselves. He also maintains that they should have been asked privately to not fly the flag.

The district is now reviewing this flag-flying protocol with the military.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5u1hU5NAr8

http://americannews.com/firefighters-told-to-remove-american-flags-from-their-trucks-so-they-do-this-instead/

As I stated yesterday (Saturday). This nation is becoming "NUCKING FUTS!"

Elessar
06-05-2016, 06:35 PM
Then you go back in during the middle of the night and put stickers back on every truck, :)

Sneaky Ass, aren't you?:laugh:

Gunny
06-05-2016, 07:36 PM
Sneaky Ass, aren't you?:laugh:

Same thing I always preach. Know your enemy and fight him where HE lives. That from Tsun Tzu The Art of War. Dude was a military genius. If you look at every post I make, I fight my battles on MY terms.

And yes, I CAN be a sneaky bastard. :laugh2:

Elessar
06-06-2016, 12:06 PM

He did quite well all by himself.

aboutime
06-06-2016, 06:51 PM
He did quite well all by himself.

Elessar. Firefighters NEVER make threats like that. If they did follow through, as city employee's, they could instantly be fired. And the International Association of FireFighters would NOT back them up.

Firefighters are like cops, and members of the Military FIRST. Protecting the people comes before personal vendetta against STUPID PEOPLE like that man with trouble with the Flags.

As for that Jerk-off. Firefighters, cops, and Military people all have GREAT MEMORIES. He should know it.

Elessar
06-06-2016, 06:58 PM
Elessar. Firefighters NEVER make threats like that. If they did follow through, as city employee's, they could instantly be fired. And the International Association of FireFighters would NOT back them up.

Firefighters are like cops, and members of the Military FIRST. Protecting the people comes before personal vendetta against STUPID PEOPLE like that man with trouble with the Flags.

As for that Jerk-off. Firefighters, cops, and Military people all have GREAT MEMORIES. He should know it.

You are right in that respect, but this is one time I would stand by a Union for just cause to bark down a petty politician.
I dislike Unions at lot, but these are professional people with a serious job to undertake - aiding and assisting others.
It does not matter if the subject is White, Black, Red, Yellow, or Polka-dotted. It's their mission to assist, serve, and protect.
Cops are the same way, although a few here refuse to recognize that.

Military is exactly the same. When manned up on a domestic crisis (Katrina, for example), they go whole hog into it
but few really recognize that.