PDA

View Full Version : if socialized medicine is so good, why is canada privatizing?

07-23-2007, 02:31 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070722/SPECIAL/107220049/1001

And I thought Michael Moore and all his supporters said that Socialized medicine was so good. Why on earth would people want to let the market back into the equation? I mean what possible good could come from competition driving down prices and increasing efficiency? What possible good could come from people taking responsibility for their own destiny?

Psychoblues
07-23-2007, 02:47 AM
Your fears are not well founded, a'21.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070722/SPECIAL/107220049/1001

And I thought Michael Moore and all his supporters said that Socialized medicine was so good. Why on earth would people want to let the market back into the equation? I mean what possible good could come from competition driving down prices and increasing efficiency? What possible good could come from people taking responsibility for their own destiny?

Do you have any report contrary to the Reverend Moon Times to support your obviously immediate alarm?

diuretic
07-23-2007, 03:06 AM
I was surprised when I found out that the heatlh system in Canada is administered on a provincial level and a federal level.Apparently if you move from one province to another you have to sign up in the new province. Not that I'm being critical, just wondered about it.

Anyway it's no bad thing to have a system that allows people who can afford it to buy health insurance. However, Canada would have to be collectively nuts to go anywhere near the US system. On world ranking the US system stinks. Fine if you're quite wealthy, not fine if you're not wealthy. Canada won't go that way, Quebec wouldn't wear it for a start, they'd get quite Bolshie I think. Harper, Bush's north of the 49th parallel Mini-me, might want free market forces to stuff up Canada's heatlh system for narrow ideological reasons but I reckon he'd be out on his arse at the election right after he pulled that one.

Psychoblues
07-23-2007, 03:12 AM
If you were privy to American politics, dr, you would know that bUsh is and has been on his arse for some time now.

I was surprised when I found out that the heatlh system in Canada is administered on a provincial level and a federal level.Apparently if you move from one province to another you have to sign up in the new province. Not that I'm being critical, just wondered about it.

Anyway it's no bad thing to have a system that allows people who can afford it to buy health insurance. However, Canada would have to be collectively nuts to go anywhere near the US system. On world ranking the US system stinks. Fine if you're quite wealthy, not fine if you're not wealthy. Canada won't go that way, Quebec wouldn't wear it for a start, they'd get quite Bolshie I think. Harper, Bush's north of the 49th parallel Mini-me, might want free market forces to stuff up Canada's heatlh system for narrow ideological reasons but I reckon he'd be out on his arse at the election right after he pulled that one.

History will attempt to ignore him and for good reason.

diuretic
07-23-2007, 03:22 AM
If you were privy to American politics, dr, you would know that bUsh is and has been on his arse for some time now.

History will attempt to ignore him and for good reason.

Yes, Bush is in the end phase and he's such a spectacular failure that I sometimes - I said "sometimes" and only for a micro-second - feel a bit sorry for him. His failures have been public, this one the greatest failure and the most public. I keep asking myself how America could elect a fool - twice. But soon the pain will be over and a new dawn will come.

Harper, well I have no time for him. I was in Canada for that election and it was obvious Martin's Grits were going down the tube. And it was a pretty weak scandal that caused Martin government. Heck anywhere else it would have been seen as just business as usual in government, but in Canada, nope. They got really annoyed and punished the Libs and put Harper in on probation. But the Libs will come back. Then they can set about winding back Harper'sTory policies.

Hey it could be a new dawn for North America :D

Psychoblues
07-23-2007, 03:27 AM
gwb didn't win in either election, dr. His machine did and that is what the American people need to know about.

Yes, Bush is in the end phase and he's such a spectacular failure that I sometimes - I said "sometimes" and only for a micro-second - feel a bit sorry for him. His failures have been public, this one the greatest failure and the most public. I keep asking myself how America could elect a fool - twice. But soon the pain will be over and a new dawn will come.

Harper, well I have no time for him. I was in Canada for that election and it was obvious Martin's Grits were going down the tube. And it was a pretty weak scandal that caused Martin government. Heck anywhere else it would have been seen as just business as usual in government, but in Canada, nope. They got really annoyed and punished the Libs and put Harper in on probation. But the Libs will come back. Then they can set about winding back Harper'sTory policies.

Hey it could be a new dawn for North America :D

Have you ever heard of Greg Palast? Read his works and then talk to me about American politics. OK?

07-23-2007, 04:20 AM
Your fears are not well founded, a'21.

Do you have any report contrary to the Reverend Moon Times to support your obviously immediate alarm?

dude, whatever you are drinking tonight is making you completely incoherant. If you think the Washington times isnt a credible source, pray tell what is?

Psychoblues
07-23-2007, 04:32 AM
Let me rephrase that. Give me an inclination that you aren't relying only on the Washington Times that is owned by the Korean evangelical Reverend Myung Sung Moon that is extemely intersted in American tax evasion and produce any other rendition of your pitiful and otherwise unremarkable argument and I might give you a smidgen of credibility for a reasonable and comprehensive journalistic catch.

dude, whatever you are drinking tonight is making you completely incoherant. If you think the Washington times isnt a credible source, pray tell what is?

I drink Busch beer. What's your pleasure?

diuretic
07-23-2007, 04:33 AM
gwb didn't win in either election, dr. His machine did and that is what the American people need to know about.

Have you ever heard of Greg Palast? Read his works and then talk to me about American politics. OK?

Yep I know Greg Palast, interesting read. In a way he reminds me of one of our expats, John Pilger. Both very interesting journos.

I know the elections were rigged Psych. I shake my head in wonderment that Americans put up with such a corrupted election system.

diuretic
07-23-2007, 04:35 AM
The Moonie Times? No way would I put any credence in it. I know the left in the US hates the Washington Post (or as the right call it, The Washington Compost :laugh2:) but I prefer it to the other one.

Psychoblues
07-23-2007, 04:49 AM
I sometimes dream that armed English, European and African soldiers would be standing in our cities to protect the American right to vote.

Yep I know Greg Palast, interesting read. In a way he reminds me of one of our expats, John Pilger. Both very interesting journos.

I know the elections were rigged Psych. I shake my head in wonderment that Americans put up with such a corrupted election system.

Isn't that ironic?

diuretic
07-23-2007, 05:02 AM
It's sad. It's sad that so many Americans, reasonable people, not those of the lunar Left, are soberly accepting that it is entirely possible that the Bush Administration is preparing a false flag event that will allow the administration to declare martial law and suspend the normal operation of the Constitution. To those who tell me I'm nuts I simply point to the corruption of the electoral system in the US. Ten years ago I would have laughed in the face of anyone who told me that in the US a presidential election could be rigged. Now I'll just nod at them.

Psychoblues
07-23-2007, 05:14 AM
You are only sad, as I would expect, but I am crying, beside myself and fighting a total disregard for American poitics and propensity for unprovoked warfare.

It's sad. It's sad that so many Americans, reasonable people, not those of the lunar Left, are soberly accepting that it is entirely possible that the Bush Administration is preparing a false flag event that will allow the administration to declare martial law and suspend the normal operation of the Constitution. To those who tell me I'm nuts I simply point to the corruption of the electoral system in the US. Ten years ago I would have laughed in the face of anyone who told me that in the US a presidential election could be rigged. Now I'll just nod at them.

Do you know how ashamed that most of us are?

Trigg
07-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Anyway it's no bad thing to have a system that allows people who can afford it to buy health insurance. However, Canada would have to be collectively nuts to go anywhere near the US system. On world ranking the US system stinks. Fine if you're quite wealthy, not fine if you're not wealthy.

Check out Florida during the winter. Plenty of older Canadians traveling down there to get health care. In fact when I lived there we used to joke that the last one out of Canada had better turn out the lights.

Guess, they're all crazy

Trigg
07-23-2007, 07:18 PM
I keep asking myself how America could elect a fool - twice. But soon the pain will be over and a new dawn will come.

I'll tell you how that happend. At the last election the dems. should have had the election in the bag. Many republicans didn't want to vote for Bush again (me included). Then the dems. ran Kerry. 300 million Americans and the best they can come up with is a lying flip flopper who rarely got around to actually saying what he thought, and then would change his mind depending on what group he was talking to.

Next time they may loose as well since they keep running the same set of liers. Hillery, as much as they want her to, is not going to draw any Republicans votes. The woman is power hungary isn't going to do any good for this country. She's the devil.

Trigg
07-23-2007, 07:21 PM

It wasn't rigged they're just sore loosers :laugh2:

Gaffer
07-23-2007, 09:03 PM
It wasn't rigged they're just sore loosers :laugh2:

The elections are always rigged when the dems lose. But they are never rigged when the repubs lose. Wonder why that is?

MtnBiker
07-23-2007, 09:12 PM

Of course, that is why Nancy Pelosi is Speaker of the House. :rolleyes:

nevadamedic
07-23-2007, 10:17 PM
The elections are always rigged when the dems lose. But they are never rigged when the repubs lose. Wonder why that is?

Dem's are sore losers! Recount!