PDA

View Full Version : Trump has narcissistic personality disorder

gabosaurus
06-06-2016, 10:38 PM
I have always thought that Donald Trump was mentally unbalanced. After I read this, I am now certain of it.

http://bigthink.com/artful-choice/less-than-artful-choices-narcissistic-personality-disorder-according-to-donald-trump

(Warning: This is a complex article with big words, so you might want to skip reading it and just deflect blame :cool: )

Gunny
06-07-2016, 01:12 AM
I have always thought that Donald Trump was mentally unbalanced. After I read this, I am now certain of it.

http://bigthink.com/artful-choice/less-than-artful-choices-narcissistic-personality-disorder-according-to-donald-trump

(Warning: This is a complex article with big words, so you might want to skip reading it and just deflect blame :cool: )

Odd. Why did I think the title of this thread was about you?

Atticus Finch
06-07-2016, 06:01 AM
@gabosaurus (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=111) ...I haven't been here long but long enough to tell you've got a bad case of hyperopia

Gunny
06-07-2016, 07:06 PM
@gabosaurus (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=111) ...I haven't been here long but long enough to tell you've got a bad case of hyperopia

Nah. She has a problem with pulling chains just to see who'll jump. ;)

And I'm farsighted, bubba.

Elessar
06-07-2016, 07:16 PM

You can analyze a person without a face-to-face meeting?

Even Hermione Granger is not that brilliant of a witch.

After reading it, I would say the very same might apply to Obama.

aboutime
06-07-2016, 07:17 PM

Gabby. You mean, like many of us think about you, and your bragging, snobbery, not to mention narcissistic example for the rest of us to observe????

Gunny
06-07-2016, 09:07 PM
You can analyze a person without a face-to-face meeting?

Even Hermione Granger is not that brilliant of a witch.

After reading it, I would say the very same might apply to Obama.

No. She's arrogant enough to think so though. It's kind of different on this board though. We've all known each other so long and most of are like a Bob Seger tune: Still the Same. And we know who the bullsh*t artists are too. There a couple of members who show up just stir up sh*t.

It ain't that hard to read people. You watch their trends and remember their words. I do the same thing TO Gabby she thinks she does to us. Never underestimate your opponent. Quickest way to lose is to play their game. If I actually respond to some of the crap she posts to rile you up? I'm bored. Just need to watch your step. She ain't the dummy she tries to make you think she is.

aboutime
06-07-2016, 09:24 PM
No. She's arrogant enough to think so though. It's kind of different on this board though. We've all known each other so long and most of are like a Bob Seger tune: Still the Same. And we know who the bullsh*t artists are too. There a couple of members who show up just stir up sh*t.

It ain't that hard to read people. You watch their trends and remember their words. I do the same thing TO Gabby she thinks she does to us. Never underestimate your opponent. Quickest way to lose is to play their game. If I actually respond to some of the crap she posts to rile you up? I'm bored. Just need to watch your step. She ain't the dummy she tries to make you think she is.

Thanks gunny. But gabby actually is the dummy. No need to convince anyone otherwise for her.:laugh: She's like the people you and I have known over the years, like those who have to mark their hands with an "R" and a "L", gloves, shoes, and socks. They also are never quite sure how to spell "IQ".

Elessar
06-07-2016, 09:29 PM

I can read it. She is no dummy at all. But Someone needs to pull the rug out from under her feet
at times. Don't get me wrong....I like her and she has been respectful to me. It is simply a matter
of not giving in to some of the rhetoric!

Elessar
06-07-2016, 09:32 PM
Thanks gunny. But gabby actually is the dummy. No need to convince anyone otherwise for her.:laugh: She's like the people you and I have known over the years, like those who have to mark their hands with an "R" and a "L", gloves, shoes, and socks. They also are never quite sure how to spell "IQ".

Ohhh...I painted red and green dots on my crutches as left and right running lights...even put ball-diamond-ball symbols
on for "Restricted in the Ability to Maneuver"!:laugh:

Gunny
06-07-2016, 09:40 PM

She's just a troublemaker to me. No doubt she is leftwing, but she never makes a valid point. She's trying to get under peoples' skin. That's her game. I just wonder with her cyclical visitations if she's getting paid for this crap. Does happen.

gabosaurus
06-07-2016, 10:26 PM
She's just a troublemaker to me. No doubt she is leftwing, but she never makes a valid point. She's trying to get under peoples' skin. That's her game. I just wonder with her cyclical visitations if she's getting paid for this crap. Does happen.

Gunny, dear, did you even TRY to read any of the article? It makes a very valid point about Trump's most significant character flaw.
Your other points make no sense at all. Just because I present opposing viewpoints doesn't make me a paid shill.
That is one of the primary problems of this board. Too many of you are preoccupied with being uber manly and insistent that you are never wrong. Perhaps it is a drawback of having been in the military. You forget that, in real life, people are allowed to talk back and argue with you.

Gunny
06-07-2016, 11:04 PM
Gunny, dear, did you even TRY to read any of the article? It makes a very valid point about Trump's most significant character flaw.
Your other points make no sense at all. Just because I present opposing viewpoints doesn't make me a paid shill.
That is one of the primary problems of this board. Too many of you are preoccupied with being uber manly and insistent that you are never wrong. Perhaps it is a drawback of having been in the military. You forget that, in real life, people are allowed to talk back and argue with you.

Why should I bother? Which salesman do you know isn't a narcissist? Just another label. I used to get called one because I'm a Marine, powerlifter and martial artist. So where does being the best at what you can do end and narcissism begin?

I am who and what I am. The problem is, when you invade a nest of vipers, plan on getting bit. There a LOT of vets here. Do you think any one of us plans to lose a fight? You're damned right we're men. Most of us are old school men. It ain't about being whatever you think "manly" is.

Your PsyOps don't work on me. And I really don't care why you put this crap on the board. You're smarter than you act. Nice tactic, but no sale. I got your name and number. I've been to POW school. I've been interrogated to Hell and back. I know the Code of Conduct frontwards, backwards, upside down and sideways. You ain't selling anything in this neck of the woods.

Y'all just come up with some name you beat to death to make everyone on the right sound bad. What was your last term? Flip-flopper I believe. Y'all always got a derogatory name for everyone that disagrees with you that you beat to f-ing death.

Anyone on the left ever think about growing up and getting past the name-calling? Or misusing words?

gabosaurus
06-07-2016, 11:50 PM
Gunny, you need to accept the fact that you are no longer on duty. You are a civilian. I know all about your experiences, your training, your stern resolve and your cradle-to-grave military background. It's very commendable. But no longer necessary.

Donald Trump is dangerous. That is my message. He wants America to return to the "good ole days" when white males ran the country and made all the decisions.

Go read the article. Learn what narcissistic personality disorder is. Learn what a megalomaniac is. It's important. :cool:

Gunny
06-07-2016, 11:55 PM
Gunny, you need to accept the fact that you are no longer on duty. You are a civilian. I know all about your experiences, your training, your stern resolve and your cradle-to-grave military background. It's very commendable. But no longer necessary.

Donald Trump is dangerous. That is my message. He wants America to return to the "good ole days" when white males ran the country and made all the decisions.

Go read the article. Learn what narcissistic personality disorder is. Learn what a megalomaniac is. It's important. :cool:

I'll be a civilian the day i die. And seems to me when white males ran this country we weren't circling the toilet bowl.

Elessar
06-08-2016, 12:03 AM

:cool:

That is just wrong thinking. You just cannot desensitize a combat vet that easily. The oaths and pledges they
took last a lifetime, something you will never appreciate. Your hands-on touchy-feely approach
might work in the civilian never-served world, but it will not work on most all Vets, Cops, or First Responders.

Gunny
06-08-2016, 03:11 AM
That is just wrong thinking. You just cannot desensitize a combat vet that easily. The oaths and pledges they
took last a lifetime, something you will never appreciate. Your hands-on touchy-feely approach
might work in the civilian never-served world, but it will not work on most all Vets, Cops, or First Responders.

Gabby doesn't bother me. I don't remember when I wasn't on duty. I'd drive her nuts in real life. She wouldn't be the first. :laugh: I'm always watching and waiting. I took an oath for an ideal. The Constitution. Not someone's dumbass politics. Some people can't divorce their politics from action.'

I was driving home from work one day after I retired and some dumbshit had fallen asleep at the wheel. I pulled right over and administered first aid. Guy had a major gash on his forehead and thought he was going to die. Was a superficial wound. I stayed with him and talked him down until an Air Force medic pulled up and took charge. I asked what can I do to help? I ain't no doctor. I know how to handle casualties in a combat environment. I out ranked this guy by three stripes. I'm not going to tell him how to do his job. I assisted.

I could have just drove on by like the gawkers were doing. I'd just gotten off a ten hour day in the Texas sun. All I wanted was a glass of tea, a shower and a nap.

So don't go to telling me what I am. I stopped and helped and I didn't know this asshole from Adam. Some of y'all (and this is addressed to Gabby) think all we want t do is kill shit. I have one Combat Action Ribbon, I've got 4 Humanitarian Assist Medals. I'm prouder of the latter. Y'all think all we want to do is run around killing people, I wanted to save people. I'm just willing to stand up to the bad guys while you want to try talking their asses to death.

I'm ALWAYS on fucking duty, Until the day I die. I'm on duty when my eyeballs pop open. And don't call me a fucking civilian, All y'all think about is yourselves. Not my world.

aboutime
06-08-2016, 07:53 PM

Wrong you are gabby. For We veterans who are no longer in unform. The OATH we swore to obey, possibly many times during our military career's...NEVER RETIRED, nor DID IT NO LONGER APPLY. Ask ANY AMERICAN who has served Honorably, at any time. Then stand close enough to them to tell US...we are no longer on duty. GUNNY was right. WE ARE ON DUTY TILL WE DIE.:salute:

gabosaurus
06-08-2016, 08:39 PM

My point is that some vets, particularly those afflicted with PTSD, are wound up too tightly. In order to lower their stress level, you have to symbolically pry their fingers from the trigger.
When I worked in an adult mental hospital (as part of my grad training), I learned a lot about vets and first responders who were unable to let go of their duties. Even when they were retired or taking leave time. This is how you end up with the depression, suicides and other tragedies that have plagued vets in the last decade or so.
There was one case when I was there of a Desert Storm vet who was released after treatment. Less than a week later, he was "at war" again and barricaded himself in his house.
You never know what is going to trigger another episode and how it is going to end.

aboutime
06-08-2016, 08:52 PM
My point is that some vets, particularly those afflicted with PTSD, are wound up too tightly. In order to lower their stress level, you have to symbolically pry their fingers from the trigger.
When I worked in an adult mental hospital (as part of my grad training), I learned a lot about vets and first responders who were unable to let go of their duties. Even when they were retired or taking leave time. This is how you end up with the depression, suicides and other tragedies that have plagued vets in the last decade or so.
There was one case when I was there of a Desert Storm vet who was released after treatment. Less than a week later, he was "at war" again and barricaded himself in his house.
You never know what is going to trigger another episode and how it is going to end.

So gabby. Being the EXPERT on such things you claim to know from experience. You instantly insist that ALL veterans suffer from PTSD?
Sounds so typically Liberal of you. Yes SOME vets are wound too tight. But since you claim to have been personally around one, or two veterans. You claim to insist, without saying, but by inferring, that all of them are as you say?
You sound more like one of those Democrats who Intentionally INSULT, or BELITTLE someone you don't like....then, instantly Claim...IT WAS A MISTAKE, and you are Sorry?
Personally, as a veteran of TWO wars...Vietnam, and the Gulf War. YOU are one of the worst people who should judge others in any way. Your HYPOCRISY gets in the way of your feeble, pretend attempts at honesty.

Gunny
06-08-2016, 08:59 PM

Again, your problem is your arrogance. You're painting a BIG spectrum with a really wide brush. I have PTSD and I just deal. So has my father. And his father. You deal or you don't. Sure, it affects you, but you lefties like to make out is some mind control disease or something.

You don't know sh*t and a class ain't going to teach you. Especially you. No one can tell you anything and you think you're smarter than anyone else. I'd say the person that's been there knows more than you ever will. We all have different experiences. I was a grunt. I can only relate to the Navy/Coast Guard because the Marines are part of the Navy and I know what a floater is. The Navy boat jocks on here had their own experiences. CSM and DMP had theirs. The Air Force noob had hers.

Don't try to tell us what we think or how we feel. If we didn't care, we'd sit home and do nothing like a whole bunch of people do.

Elessar
06-08-2016, 09:53 PM

I was only wound up too tightly if I was on the job, or if someone questioned my job.
I still defend what I did for 37 years and damn near defy anyone to dispute me. I still,
even retired, keep a watchful eye on my surroundings on the ocean, river, and forest up here.
That kind of intuition and habit rarely leaves a person.

You have to remember that humans all react to different stimuli....you can't put
everyone in a binder and say this is how they all are.

NightTrain
06-09-2016, 06:43 AM
I think it's hilarious that Gabby can't even keep her lies straight, but here she is giving advice to people who have their shit together.

She couldn't put together a coherent argument if her life depended on it. All she does is skim some bullshit site like DU and grab some random moonbat topic, reword it slightly and posts it here. If you think I'm wrong, take her to task on her talking points - she'll crumble & flee the thread the moment she actually has to think for herself. I've done it to her dozens of times right here on DP and that's how I know she's a fraud.

She's not nearly as smart as she'd have you believe - take her for a spin and you'll quickly realize this for yourself.

darin
06-09-2016, 07:12 AM
STOP RESPONDING to GABBY. HE / SHE is a liar, and a troll.

Elessar
06-09-2016, 12:44 PM
I've got 4 Humanitarian Assist Medals. I'm prouder of the latter. Y'all think all we want to do is run around killing people, I wanted to save people. I'm just willing to stand up to the bad guys while you want to try talking their asses to death.

I'm ALWAYS on fucking duty, Until the day I die. I'm on duty when my eyeballs pop open. And don't call me a fucking civilian, All y'all think about is yourselves. Not my world.

Sorry, I missed this. Not to compare awards -which is unfair, but I have 6 of them as well as 3 Achievement Medals for significant cases,
as well as numerous written citations from either the Commanding Officer or District Commander.

That was my job...and I still hold what I believe in the highest regard. Something civilian Non-Responders will never appreciate.

Dropping a name.. Kaimhel and I have talked about this involvement for 7+ years. She could really educate some folks here.

gabosaurus
06-09-2016, 12:53 PM

:rolleyes:
Do a few more stein lifts and consume a few more schnitzengruben. It will make you feel better about yourself.

Everybody does their job to the best of their ability. If you are passionate about your occupation, it's just what you do.

That is not the idea behind this thread. It is to provide a reason why I feel Trump is not mentally qualified to lead the most powerful nation in the free world. Trump does not stand for the ideas and values that this nation stands for. He stands for the best interests of Donald Trump.
Which is why Trump sees eye to eye with Putin and Kim Jong-un.

Elessar
06-09-2016, 12:59 PM

Everybody does their job to the best of their ability. If you are passionate about your occupation, it's just what you do.

<snipped>

Then you should respect that rather than try to analyze and condemn.

gabosaurus
06-09-2016, 01:03 PM
Then you should respect that rather than try to analyze and condemn.

I respect everyone. I was trying to analyze, not condemn in any way.
As a counselor trained in psychology, I try to analyze everyone. It's what I do.

Gunny
06-09-2016, 02:00 PM
Sorry, I missed this. Not to compare awards -which is unfair, but I have 6 of them as well as 3 Achievement Medals for significant cases,
as well as numerous written citations from either the Commanding Officer or District Commander.

That was my job...and I still hold what I believe in the highest regard. Something civilian Non-Responders will never appreciate.

Dropping a name.. @Kaimhel (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=3691) and I have talked about this involvement for 7+ years. She could really educate some folks here.

You do a different job than I did. I ain't trying to compare medals with anyone. I got a box full of them somewhere, and my daughter has my shadow box. I never cared about them. The point I was trying to make is that people think military people just run around looking for something to kill. We spend 99% of our time helping others. Every one of us vets. From airlifts to emergency disaster relief, SAR. Humanitarian assist.

It's pathetic the way some of these people exist while people back here cry their little asses off about having to do anything to contribute to society.

Elessar
06-09-2016, 02:08 PM
You do a different job than I did. I ain't trying to compare medals with anyone. I got a box full of them somewhere, and my daughter has my shadow box. I never cared about them. The point I was trying to make is that people think military people just run around looking for something to kill. We spend 99% of our time helping others. Every one of us vets. From airlifts to emergency disaster relief, SAR. Humanitarian assist.

It's pathetic the way some of these people exist while people back here cry their little asses off about having to do anything to contribute to society.

Going to reply for all to see with that quote from my CG 6549 Thread: "Captain Snyder, Sector Commander said, “I’d like to remind you that veterans from all five of our Armed Services give Uncle Sam a blank check when they join, payable up to and including their life, in service to our great nation. I ask that you remember to be grateful each and every day for all our veterans who have issued these checks and to never forget those who paid the ultimate price in service to our great nation"

aboutime
06-09-2016, 07:21 PM

I wouldn't call posting to the liar as RESPONDING. She/He/impostor NOT WORTH IT.

After all. She/He/impostor never RESPONDS to anything I say. So, my words are as USELESS as Gabby.

The best way to ruin a liar is to constantly remind them...WE KNOW THEY ARE LIARS.

http://icansayit.com/images/liar.gif

Just like Hitlery, Obama, and nearly the entire DNC gathering of Liars.

Elessar
06-09-2016, 07:31 PM

I'm not about to say Gabby is a liar or troll. I've only been here a short while
compared to the rest. Not gonna say He / She either.

I can say....Gabby is fully blind and deluded from the obvious. Needs a
shaking and wake-up.

Gunny
06-09-2016, 08:09 PM
I'm not about to say Gabby is a liar or troll. I've only been here a short while
compared to the rest. Not gonna say He / She either.

shaking and wake-up.

Bubba, don't get in the middle. I honestly don't know what the issue is, but it's between them. A trend I've noticed over the years is he who gets between others fighting is usually the first casualty. Keep your focus. This is a war of words on a screen. Nobody is going to die out of this.

Elessar
06-09-2016, 08:19 PM
Bubba, don't get in the middle. I honestly don't know what the issue is, but it's between them. A trend I've noticed over the years is he who gets between others fighting is usually the first casualty. Keep your focus. This is a war of words on a screen. Nobody is going to die out of this.

I'm not worried. Not going to get in the middle of it...just pointing out my perception.

gabosaurus
06-09-2016, 10:35 PM
just pointing out my perception.

You are not allowed to have a perception or opinion here unless it conforms to majority viewpoints. Otherwise, you are trolling. :p

shaking and wake-up.
Obvious to who? The people whose beliefs run contrary to mine? The understanding of a lifestyle that is different from mine?
I can think of a lot of DP members who need a shaking and waking up. But it wouldn't do any good because they are already fully shaken.

Gunny
06-10-2016, 12:40 AM
You are not allowed to have a perception or opinion here unless it conforms to majority viewpoints. Otherwise, you are trolling. :p

Obvious to who? The people whose beliefs run contrary to mine? The understanding of a lifestyle that is different from mine?
I can think of a lot of DP members who need a shaking and waking up. But it wouldn't do any good because they are already fully shaken.

You bring this on yourself. YOU need to be woke up and shaken. You are not the enigma you pretend to be, You're totally predictable.

darin
06-10-2016, 01:16 AM

That's rich coming from a lying troll. You're full of shit dude.

gabosaurus
06-10-2016, 09:52 AM
That's rich coming from a lying troll. You're full of shit dude.

Whoa, aren't we being a vindictive special snowflake today! :rolleyes:
It's the old military mentality. Talk back and we send you to the brig. :cheers2:

Narcissistic personality disorder. It exists everywhere.

stephanie
06-10-2016, 10:24 AM
Maybe he does, but it never bothered you left that Obama had that one and a few more metal disorders to boot. so what's your beef now?

How messed up must one be to see themselves as this and actually believes it?

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/obama_self_portrait_xlarge_zps231db253.png (http://s106.photobucket.com/user/alaskamomma/media/obama_self_portrait_xlarge_zps231db253.png.html)

aboutime
06-10-2016, 07:30 PM
It's the old military mentality. Talk back and we send you to the brig. :cheers2:

We're just following your lead, and example gabby. We still think you are flattered when we attempt to imitate YOU.

Gunny
06-10-2016, 11:40 PM

Like you thinking you're smarter than everyone else? Narcissism is hardly solely a military trait. You entitled civilian leftwing nuts are the biggest narcissists on Earth. All about you. Military personally serve a higher purpose than ourselves. You don't.