PDA

View Full Version : Judge, court, La Raza, Trump

jimnyc
06-07-2016, 11:57 AM
My only input - The more I read, the more I learn, the more "facts" that come out, I think Trump University will lose their case. I don't think Trump himself sat behind a desk and ran things, as he has his name on hundreds and hundreds of businesses, and then products as well... but this failed venture looks like a loser tied to his name - and he should have wrote off his losses a long time back instead of fighting back.

BUT, with that said, I still don't feel comfortable with La Raza mentioned on the other side, nor a Clinton connection, even if flimsy and far from direct.

-----

Judge, law firm bringing Trump U case both tied to La Raza
Curiel awarded scholarship to illegal immigrant

NEW YORK – The federal judge presiding over the Trump University class action lawsuit is a member of the San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association, a group that while not a branch of the National Council of La Raza, has ties to the controversial organization, which translates literally “The Race.”

U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel, who has been criticized by Donald Trump as a “hater” appointed by President Obama who should be recused from the case, listed his membership in the “La Raza Lawyers of San Diego” on a judicial questionnaire he filled out when he was selected to be a federal judge. He was named in a brochure as a member of the selection committee for the organization’s 2014 Annual Scholarship Fund Dinner & Gala. Meanwhile, the San-Diego based law firm representing the plaintiffs in the Trump University case, Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd, was listed as a sponsor of the event.

WND reported the San Diego firm paid $675,000 to the Clintons for speeches, and the firm’s founder is a wealthy San Diego lawyer who served a two-year sentence in federal prison for his role in a kickback scheme to mobilize plaintiffs for class-action lawsuits.

Get a first-hand account of the Democratic Party presidential front-runner’s character in “Hillary The Other Woman.” Then take action with the Hillary Clinton Investigative Justice Project and let others know, with a bumper sticker calling for “Hillary for prosecution, not president.”

While critics of Trump have argued that the San Diego La Raza Lawyers’ association is not affiliated with the National Council of La Raza, consider the following:

-The San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association is a member of the La Raza Lawyers of California, affiliated with the Chicano/Latino Bar Association of California.
-On the website of the La Raza Lawyers Association of California, at the bottom of the “Links & Affiliates Page,” the National Council of La Raza is listed.
-The website of the San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association is joint-listed as San Diego’s Latino/Latina Bar Association.
-On the “endorsements” page, the combined website lists the National Council of La Raza as part of the “community,” along with the Hispanic National Bar Association,, a group that emerged with a changed name from the originally formed La Raza National Lawyers Association and the La Raza National Bar Association tracing its origin back to 1971.

Further, while the San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association and the National Council of La Raza are legally separate incorporated entities, the two groups appear to have an affiliation that traces back to the emergence of MEChA, the Moviemento Estudiantil Chicanos de Atzlán.

http://www.wnd.com/2016/06/trump-u-judges-group-tied-to-national-council-of-laraza/

MEChA is a 1960s radical separatist student movement in California that espoused the mythical Aztec idea of a “nation of Aztlán,” comprising much of the southwestern United States, including California.

As David Horowitz points out on his website Discover the Networks that La Raza, Spanish for “the race,” also has roots in the early 1960s with a “united front” organization, the National Organization for Mexican American Services, NOMAS. The group initially was funded by the Ford Foundation, and subsequently by George Soros’ Open Society Institute and the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/06/trump-u-judges-group-tied-to-national-council-of-laraza/#6g4hM1SslIu5jFe3.99

Black Diamond
06-07-2016, 12:07 PM
Every time we think trump has gone too far, he wins anyway.

jimnyc
06-07-2016, 12:27 PM
Every time we think trump has gone too far, he wins anyway.

And that's thanks to political correctness mostly, and the way so many lose their ever loving minds over some things. Now look, this company appears to be in the wrong, but the court will ultimately sort that out. It's mostly outside this University case though. In this one I "believe" he is wrong (on everything I know, less the facts to come out in trial). But IF it turns out that someone is pushing the engine behind this, and ANY wrongdoing to push that engine, then he very well may come out on top, even if he loses.

He needs to stop worrying about this judge and let someone else keep tabs in the background in case they need information. Start utilizing his time on the thousands of things he can discuss/release about Hillary. Hell, I outright despise that woman, and I'm STILL learning new FACTS about her all the time!

He got this far from being in attack mode, not defense mode.

Gunny
06-07-2016, 07:20 PM
And that's thanks to political correctness mostly, and the way so many lose their ever loving minds over some things. Now look, this company appears to be in the wrong, but the court will ultimately sort that out. It's mostly outside this University case though. In this one I "believe" he is wrong (on everything I know, less the facts to come out in trial). But IF it turns out that someone is pushing the engine behind this, and ANY wrongdoing to push that engine, then he very well may come out on top, even if he loses.

He needs to stop worrying about this judge and let someone else keep tabs in the background in case they need information. Start utilizing his time on the thousands of things he can discuss/release about Hillary. Hell, I outright despise that woman, and I'm STILL learning new FACTS about her all the time!

Now you're starting to sound more like me, jackass. He needs to focus. In this case, he should back out and just deal. He's fixated on this judge and not the problem.

gabosaurus
06-07-2016, 10:54 PM
No matter how little Trump has to do with this scam, the system was called "Trump University." As in "I, Donald Trump, fully approve of and endorse this scam, since it has my name on it."

Trump supporters can plant all the false information they want in friendly media sources. It's only going to leave him buried deeper in dog poop.
How does Trump expect to back up his claims that he is not a racist if he keeps spouting ethnic slurs? Does he not realize that he is further dividing his own party?

Trump's comments will solidify his base supporters, who love his racial and ethnic slurs because they reflect their own personal beliefs. But it is also going to drive mainstream Republicans from the voting booths in November. And it will REALLY damage the lower ballot GOP candidates, who will be stuck defending Trump's comments to their constituents.

Poor Trump, he doesn't realize the forces that are being mobilized against. In California, a large number of Spanish language ballots and voting instructions are being prepared. As is a massive campaign to either bring voters to the polls or deliver stamped absentee ballots to their homes.

I hope Trump is prepared to become the 2016 Barry Goldwater. :cool:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/06/07/trump-supporters-false-claim-that-trump-u-judge-is-a-member-of-a-pro-immigrant-group/

http://larazalawyers.net/

Atticus Finch
06-08-2016, 04:48 AM
No matter how little Trump has to do with this scam, the system was called "Trump University." As in "I, Donald Trump, fully approve of and endorse this scam, since it has my name on it."

Trump supporters can plant all the false information they want in friendly media sources. It's only going to leave him buried deeper in dog poop.
How does Trump expect to back up his claims that he is not a racist if he keeps spouting ethnic slurs? Does he not realize that he is further dividing his own party?

Trump's comments will solidify his base supporters, who love his racial and ethnic slurs because they reflect their own personal beliefs. But it is also going to drive mainstream Republicans from the voting booths in November. And it will REALLY damage the lower ballot GOP candidates, who will be stuck defending Trump's comments to their constituents.

Poor Trump, he doesn't realize the forces that are being mobilized against. In California, a large number of Spanish language ballots and voting instructions are being prepared. As is a massive campaign to either bring voters to the polls or deliver stamped absentee ballots to their homes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/06/07/trump-supporters-false-claim-that-trump-u-judge-is-a-member-of-a-pro-immigrant-group/

http://larazalawyers.net/again.... forrest for trees.
forrest for the trees goabosaurus...Hillary makes Trump look like a Sunday school teacher when it comes to scandals.....you should probably stop trying that angle...just sayin'...:talk2hand:

jimnyc
06-08-2016, 05:23 AM

As opposed to a liar. Someone who lied to the entire nation, just like her husband. Someone who put the entire nation at risk, and then lied about it. Someone who lied to the parents of dead soldiers. Someone who knew confidential protocol and purposely broke said protocol for her benefit, and then lied about it. She was questioned about this server just last year and lied to investigators about it, and then lied to reporters and the entire nation about it once again.

Hillary has made an entire career out of lying to her constituents and the American people. Everyone knows this, hell, even those who support Hillary know this!! YOU know it, have even more or less said it a bunch of times, and I'll be dollars to donuts that you'll be voting for this liar who put the American citizens in danger.

Gunny
06-08-2016, 07:45 AM

http://larazalawyers.net/

Weren't you the one stated you weren't a shill? What do you think this crap is?

Abbey Marie
06-08-2016, 07:52 AM

Right or wrong, Trump U deserves to be reviewed by a non-biased judge. Judges have recused themselves for less.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-08-2016, 08:03 AM
Right or wrong, Trump U deserves to be reviewed by a non-biased judge. Judges have recused themselves for less.
Trump is correct , the judge is not qualified to be a judge over the case .
A judge that is not CONNECTED IN ANY WAY TO THE CASE AND HAS NOT KNOWN BIAS AGAINST OR FOR TRUMP SHOULD BE CHOSEN..-TYR

This is just another political manipulation methinks, being used to attack Trump..-Tyr

gabosaurus
06-08-2016, 12:34 PM
La Raza is not just an organization. It is a commonly used term in Latino communities. If you go to East Los Angeles, you can find La Raza barber shop and La Raza community hall.
La Raza means "the neighborhood." A group of Latinos or Hispanics in any profession could call themselves "La Raza" without any connection to the organization La Raza.

It's a sign of real desperation that Trump apologists are reaching for straws like this. :rolleyes:

Elessar
06-08-2016, 12:44 PM
The point being argued is that it was NOT a racist slur, and Paul Ryan should know better.

Hispanic or Mexican is NOT a race, but a Heritage or Culture, just like
my German / Austrian background.