PDA

View Full Version : Cubans reach FL in 'Obama boat'

jimnyc
06-07-2016, 12:00 PM
I wonder if foreigners know how easy it is to skip into the USA now and get freebies? :dunno:

-----

Cuban migrants reach Lauderdale-by-the-Sea in raft

A group of Cuban rafters made it to shore in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea on Monday night.

In a sailboat made out of sheet metal with the name "Barack Obama" painted on the side, four men and two women told bystanders they spent nine days at sea.

The boat came ashore just south of East Commercial Boulevard.

Petty Officer Eric Woodall said the Coast Guard received an initial call of an arriving boat about 7:30 p.m. and ordered the launch of a a 45-foot boat from Coast Guard station in Fort Lauderdale, and a helicopter from the Miami station.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/lauderdale-by-the-sea/fl-cuban-rafter-lauderdale-20160606-story.html

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-07-2016, 06:39 PM
I am surprised THAT THE obama has not thought to deport about 20 million natural born citizens to make room for these usurpers he and his HANDLERS ARE SO HELL-BENT ON BRINGING IN.
THIS WELL ORCHESTRATED NATION DESTROYING AGENDA HE HAS RAN FOR 7 YEARS NOW IS BASICALLY IGNORED AS IF ITS JUST MERE HAPPENSTANCE.--Tyr

aboutime
06-07-2016, 09:28 PM
Memories never die. Anyone remember back in the 90's....the CLINTON years of freedom?

http://icansayit.com/images/obamussship.jpg

Elessar
06-07-2016, 09:38 PM
Memories never die. Anyone remember back in the 90's....the CLINTON years of freedom?

I sure do remember. Us, the Navy, and NATO Allies were hard-pressed to contain that mess.

Gunny
06-07-2016, 09:58 PM
I wonder if foreigners know how easy it is to skip into the USA now and get freebies? :dunno:

-----

Cuban migrants reach Lauderdale-by-the-Sea in raft

A group of Cuban rafters made it to shore in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea on Monday night.

In a sailboat made out of sheet metal with the name "Barack Obama" painted on the side, four men and two women told bystanders they spent nine days at sea.

The boat came ashore just south of East Commercial Boulevard.

Petty Officer Eric Woodall said the Coast Guard received an initial call of an arriving boat about 7:30 p.m. and ordered the launch of a a 45-foot boat from Coast Guard station in Fort Lauderdale, and a helicopter from the Miami station.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/lauderdale-by-the-sea/fl-cuban-rafter-lauderdale-20160606-story.html

They spent 9 days at sea? Cuba is 90 miles from Key West. Key west is I think IIRC 143 miles to Miami. Ft Lauderdale is 40 more miles. Was Gilligan driving the boat, or what? AAnd how do you get to Ft Lauderdale by missing everything from Florida City to Lauderdale? You don't deserve to live much less here if you're THAT damned dumb. "Oh, I missed the whole country and part of the state that's a 90 minute ride. Yeah, we want YOUR dumb ass here. :rolleyes:

Gunny
06-07-2016, 10:09 PM

http://icansayit.com/images/obamussship.jpg

I lived in Miami when they let the criminals out of jail. I remember REAL well.

namvet
06-08-2016, 12:55 PM
that's Osama's for sure. did he make that??

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03273/Migrants_SUM_3273481b.jpg

fj1200
06-10-2016, 03:44 PM
They spent 9 days at sea? Cuba is 90 miles from Key West. Key west is I think IIRC 143 miles to Miami. Ft Lauderdale is 40 more miles. Was Gilligan driving the boat, or what? AAnd how do you get to Ft Lauderdale by missing everything from Florida City to Lauderdale? You don't deserve to live much less here if you're THAT damned dumb. "Oh, I missed the whole country and part of the state that's a 90 minute ride. Yeah, we want YOUR dumb ass here. :rolleyes:

They're lucky they made it all given the currents down there and likely suspect seaworthiness.

Gunny
06-10-2016, 03:54 PM
They're lucky they made it all given the currents down there and likely suspect seaworthiness.

Did you miss the part where I lived there? I know exactly what the currents are like. I used to swim, ski, and fish in them. And don't even worry about the seaworthiness of that rust pile over loaded with people. I'm surprised it floats.

I just don't want another 1980 where Castro opens the jail cell doors and says "swim" or get shot. And we're dumb enough to take them in. Remind me again what our unemployment rate is for actual citizens?

fj1200
06-10-2016, 04:02 PM
Did you miss the part where I lived there? I know exactly what the currents are like. I used to swim, ski, and fish in them. And don't even worry about the seaworthiness of that rust pile over loaded with people. I'm surprised it floats.

I just don't want another 1980 where Castro opens the jail cell doors and says "swim" or get shot. And we're dumb enough to take them in. Remind me again what our unemployment rate is for actual citizens?

I figured you knew it. I thought I'd add it. :)

namvet
06-10-2016, 04:07 PM
check out the boat people of Nam. which cost a lot of lives

Gunny
06-10-2016, 04:14 PM
I figured you knew it. I thought I'd add it. :)

Hard to get over on the number of water jocks on this board. There's enough of us to man a good sized boat. :laugh: I'm just hating this administration more and more each day. I don't think James Buchanan was as dumb as Obama. And HE was freakin' dumb. If we can't employ our own people, our doors should be closed. And I'm not being isolationist. There's this silly notion I have that we should be doing what's best for US first. This ain't the land of opportunity anymore. About time the left quit using that rhetoric.

Turn that boat around. And how does this asylum thing work now since Obama decided to kiss Castro's bee-hind?

fj1200
06-10-2016, 04:20 PM
Is wet foot/dry foot still a thing?

Gunny
06-10-2016, 04:30 PM
Is wet foot/dry foot still a thing?

I don't know what the rule is now. Used to be, if you were from a foreign country antagonistic to us, you could seek asylum from an oppressive regime. Which I thought was ridiculous even back in the day. The government would buy you a house, pay for your education, set you up in business and give you money. We don't do that for our own people.

My opinion is bets should be off after Obama's little deal. Cuba is no longer an antagonistic foreign country. Those people should be treated just like any other illegals. Processed and deported.

aboutime
06-10-2016, 07:27 PM
Wet-Foot, Dry-Foot Policy for Cuban Migrants - About Immigration Issues
immigration.about.com/.../immigrationlawandpolicy/.../U-S-Allows-Cub...
U.S. Allows Cuban Migrants Different Treatment. The United States gives migrants from Cuba special treatment that no other group of refugees or immigrants receives. It begins with the so-called “wet-foot, dry-foot policy” that puts Cubans who reach U.S. soil on a fast track to permanent residency.