PDA

View Full Version : Legal Italian Immigrants

jimnyc
06-07-2016, 12:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/jmQ00S6.jpg

Elessar
06-07-2016, 02:24 PM
My Austrian Great-Grandparents (Dad's side) went the same route in 1898.

Mom's side was clear back in 1740 from what is now Germany.

crin63
06-08-2016, 06:39 PM
The 1st one in my direct line to come to America from Italy was in 1686 I believe. They just kept coming over after that, working hard, learning English and becoming Americans.

Elessar
06-08-2016, 06:51 PM
The 1st one in my direct line to come to America from Italy was in 1686 I believe. They just kept coming over after that, working hard, learning English and becoming Americans.

That is the way it is supposed to be done, not what we've had to put up with the past 70 years.

Gunny
06-08-2016, 06:56 PM
My Austrian Great-Grandparents (Dad's side) went the same route in 1898.

Mom's side was clear back in 1740 from what is now Germany.

I can't relate. My relatives were Scot-English. Mine were here before the American Revolution. The had a leg up on the language.

I DO however understand the argument. I've lived around Hispanics all my life. You want a better life? Integrate and leave that cockroach mentality where you came from.

gabosaurus
06-08-2016, 08:47 PM
Of course, this was a century ago. When all the immigrants were living in substandard tenements and working 12-14 hours a day, 6 days a week for substandard wages. And if they got sick or injured, they were replaced by others. Because they were disposable.

crin63
06-08-2016, 09:13 PM
Of course, this was a century ago. When all the immigrants were living in substandard tenements and working 12-14 hours a day, 6 days a week for substandard wages. And if they got sick or injured, they were replaced by others. Because they were disposable.

Yet they came in droves to be Americans.

Gunny
06-08-2016, 09:16 PM

How do you think illegals live now? They come over here, pile up 20 to an apartment, descend like locusts on the stores, work for cash, then go home on the weekend and take our money with them. But you bleeding hearts will give them schooling, medical and other social services while WE foot the bill.

Elessar
06-08-2016, 09:24 PM
How do you think illegals live now? They come over here, pile up 20 to an apartment, descend like locusts on the stores, work for cash, then go home on the weekend and take our money with them. But you bleeding hearts will give them schooling, medical and other social services while WE foot the bill.

Gabby...Get out of the house and open your eyes. I lived in Long Beach for 14 years.

Shit-house landlords convert garages to stack them in cramped quarters. You go to Lowe's or
Home Depot down there and look at them standing around the entrance, begging menial labor work.

Gunny
06-08-2016, 09:29 PM
Gabby...Get out of the house and open your eyes. I lived in Long Beach for 14 years.

Shit-house landlords convert garages to stack them in cramped quarters. You go to Lowe's or
Home Depot down there and look at them standing around the entrance, begging menial labor work.

They busted the apartment next door in Alexandria where I lived. 21 illegals in a 2 bedroom apt.

Elessar
06-08-2016, 09:38 PM
They busted the apartment next door in Alexandria where I lived. 21 illegals in a 2 bedroom apt.

I used to read such kind of stuff in the LA Times frequently. Hawaiian Gardens just out of Long Beach
used to be a pretty nice area until the illegals and their gangs moved in.

crin63
06-09-2016, 12:35 AM

I worked with a lot of Mexicans in the Los Angeles area. Many turned out to be illegals. They weren't here to become Americans. They were here to siphon off whatever resources they could get their hands on and send it back to Mexico. A couple of them stole every pallet, board and wood post they could get their hands on. Wiring, conduit, plumbing, piping, and steel as well. They would take it all home and then once they had a truck and trailer full they would drag it down to Mexico to build their retirement ranch. Then sneak back across the border and start over again. They bought Social Security numbers at the swap meet.