PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump Says He’s ‘Honored’ to Lead GOP

jimnyc
06-08-2016, 06:57 AM
Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump thanked his supporters Tuesday night for giving him the "honor" to lead the Republican Party, following his projected wins in New Jersey, New Mexico,and South Dakota. Later in the evening, he was named the projected winner of Montana and California, sweeping all five states holding primaries Tuesday.

"You've given me the honor to lead the Republican Party this fall," Trump said tonight at the Trump National Golf Club in Briarcliff Manor, New York, where he entered to the song "We Are The Champions."

Acknowledging his role as the party's presumptive nominee, he said, "Tonight we close one chapter in history, and we begin another ... We're going to lead the Republican Party to victory this fall."

He has battled with others in his party the last few days, and he seemed acknowledge some of their concerns. "I understand the responsibility of carrying the mantle, and I will never, ever let you down," he told the 300 people assembled at the venue. "Too much work, too many people, blood sweat and tears, never going to let you down."

"I will make you proud of our party and our movement," he said. His theme of unity follows some dissent among Republican senators and representatives, including House Speaker Paul Ryan, who rebuked Trump for his criticism of Judge Gonzalo Curiel, and one senator who retracted his support for Trump today.

Trump released a long statement today that did not apologize for his comments and that continued to question Curiel's impartiality.

But after a firestorm of denunciation from top Republicans like Ryan, Trump took a decidedly measured tone Tuesday night, reading his short statement from a teleprompter — something that he has roundly criticized rival Hillary Clinton for doing. He purposefully did not address any of his comments regarding Curiel, taking no questions from reporters gathered.

On uniting those who voted for other Republican candidates, Trump said repeatedly that he "will work very hard to earn that support."

And he made a direct plea to Bernie Sanders supporters. "To all of those Bernie Sanders voters who have been left out in the cold by a rigged system of superdelegates, we welcome you with open arms," Trump said. "We can't fix the rigged system by relying on very — and I mean this so, so strongly — on the very people who rigged it, and they rigged it and do not ever think anything differently."

He continued, "We can't solve our problems by counting on the politicians who created our problems. The Clintons have turned the politics of personal enrichment into an art form for themselves."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-post-primary-wins-honored-lead-gop/story?id=39653845

Abbey Marie
06-08-2016, 07:36 AM
Judges recuse themselves all the time. I'd say this juge's La Raza connection bears looking into. People are over-reacting and looking to take offense, as usual.

gabosaurus
06-08-2016, 12:40 PM
I hear Trump's most devoted followers celebrated his ascension to the GOP throne. :salute:

http://ekstrabladet.dk/incoming/yzwsld/5900964/IMAGE_ALTERNATES/p900/KUN%20TIL%20BRUG%20I%20EKSTRA-ARTIKELEXCLUSIVE%20-%20EN%20VECKA%20MED%20KU%20KLUX%20KLAN

Elessar
06-08-2016, 12:56 PM
Why don't you add images of the New Black Panthers
and Occupy Movement that support Hillary - for contrast?

fj1200
06-09-2016, 08:47 AM
Judges recuse themselves all the time. I'd say this juge's La Raza connection bears looking into. People are over-reacting and looking to take offense, as usual.

You've got to be kidding.

Abbey Marie
06-09-2016, 09:34 AM
You've got to be kidding.

Ni, I'm certainly NOT kidding. And frankly, your arrogance has worn thin.

fj1200
06-09-2016, 10:29 AM
Ni, I'm certainly NOT kidding. And frankly, your arrogance has worn thin.

Yes, MY arrogance. :rolleyes: Look around you. trump is the death of a thousand cuts with each of his comments being justified by his supporters in some way yet add them all up and his any chance of winning is done. If you're truly tired of arrogance then you might want to look at who you're apparently supporting and his arrogance and know that he is exactly like who he is trying to take the place of.

Maybe you could find some Mexicans who were "looking to take offense" yet they had ample reason to be offended here and Republicans who are rightly calling him out weren't looking to take offense yet they can see how this makes the Republican party look when they see the top of the ticket. Your arrogance in writing this off is concerning.

Black Diamond
06-09-2016, 10:55 AM
I guess it's different when Obama assumes someone's guilt based on race every time a black ends up dead.

fj1200
06-09-2016, 11:36 AM
I guess it's different when Obama assumes someone's guilt based on race every time a black ends up dead.

Nope, same thing. Just like it's the same thing when BO arrogantly bashes the judiciary vs. when trump arrogantly bashes the judiciary.

Abbey Marie
06-09-2016, 12:11 PM
Yes, MY arrogance. :rolleyes: Look around you. trump is the death of a thousand cuts with each of his comments being justified by his supporters in some way yet add them all up and his any chance of winning is done. If you're truly tired of arrogance then you might want to look at who you're apparently supporting and his arrogance and know that he is exactly like who he is trying to take the place of.

Maybe you could find some Mexicans who were "looking to take offense" yet they had ample reason to be offended here and Republicans who are rightly calling him out weren't looking to take offense yet they can see how this makes the Republican party look when they see the top of the ticket. Your arrogance in writing this off is concerning.

Differences of opinion over Trump are valid. Telling me I've got to be kidding because of my opinion assumes you have superior knowledge and/or intellect. That is arrogance, regardless how many times you throw the word back in response.

Saying a judge should recuse himself for his potential conflict of interest due to his affiliations is common, valid, and necessary. You really ought to be able to evaluate that, regardless of your contempt for Trump.

gabosaurus
06-09-2016, 12:55 PM
Trump is honored to be Donald Trump. The rest of us are merely ancillaries.

fj1200
06-10-2016, 09:50 AM
Differences of opinion over Trump are valid. Telling me I've got to be kidding because of my opinion assumes you have superior knowledge and/or intellect. That is arrogance, regardless how many times you throw the word back in response.

Saying a judge should recuse himself for his potential conflict of interest due to his affiliations is common, valid, and necessary. You really ought to be able to evaluate that, regardless of your contempt for Trump.

This would be a damn-boring board indeed if nobody displayed any "arrogance" in their opinion and make no mistake practically everyone here is "arrogant" in their postings; the "arrogance" is when the charge gets laid. Nevertheless your "arrogant" comment that I bolded had little basis in logic... IMO... hence my comment. :)

And make no mistake I understand recusals very well and if you can show any conflicts of interest he may have outside of any bigoted heritage charges then I'll be right there with you but based on what I've read about the judges decisions on both sides trump is just being his ignorant, loser self. And my "contempt" only grows with each passing cut. ;)

gabosaurus
06-10-2016, 09:59 AM

There is a difference between men and women claiming they have superior knowledge and/or intellect.
Only men have to assume it. Women know they have it. :beer:

Like I said before, La Raza is not just an organization. It can mean many things.