PDA

View Full Version : "Cannot win"

jimnyc
06-08-2016, 08:04 AM
I don't believe anyone should be using such vocabulary at this point. That's simply giving up, or giving in to someone you don't like.

There are a lot of high level GOP folks already stating this. What they SHOULD be doing is being positive, working in different ways to win the election, not simply being negative and calling it a day. If all of these folks give up and give in, then sure, he likely will lose. For the GOP, it's about winning, about keeping perhaps the worst candidate ever out of the White House, after 8 years of Hillary Jr. prepping things for her.

Somehow, some way, those on the right need to at least come together to keep her out of office. Or at least bite lips and simply vote. Or at the very least bite lips and vote 3rd or stay home. Even that last option is better than free negative publicity for the Dems.

Gunny
06-08-2016, 08:16 AM
I don't believe anyone should be using such vocabulary at this point. That's simply giving up, or giving in to someone you don't like.

There are a lot of high level GOP folks already stating this. What they SHOULD be doing is being positive, working in different ways to win the election, not simply being negative and calling it a day. If all of these folks give up and give in, then sure, he likely will lose. For the GOP, it's about winning, about keeping perhaps the worst candidate ever out of the White House, after 8 years of Hillary Jr. prepping things for her.

Somehow, some way, those on the right need to at least come together to keep her out of office. Or at least bite lips and simply vote. Or at the very least bite lips and vote 3rd or stay home. Even that last option is better than free negative publicity for the Dems.

Agreed. Time to man the line.

CSM
06-08-2016, 08:16 AM

The GOP ass hats have been giving in to the Dems/liberals for decades, even when they hold the majority in the Congress. Why the hell would they change now? Frankly, it's nearly impossible to discern a Republican from a Democrat politician... they all suck!

jimnyc
06-08-2016, 08:22 AM
By the way, this was not some thought of my own, while I have said that we need to keep Hillary out at all costs. She has earned that disgust from me.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-08-2016, 08:40 AM
The GOP ass hats have been giving in to the Dems/liberals for decades, even when they hold the majority in the Congress. Why the hell would they change now? Frankly, it's nearly impossible to discern a Republican from a Democrat politician... they all suck!

They ALL work for and get paid by the same behemoth.
And that behemoth has certain commands and policies it forces them to obey...
In that sense they are not much better than the stinking dems, yet enough residual tidings make the difference in a small but positive way--that is why we must with firmness and dedication oppose the far greater evil IMHO.-TYR

gabosaurus
06-08-2016, 12:23 PM
You are correct. No one should be saying that Trump can not win.
I would rephrase that and say Trump has as much of a chance as Barry Goldwater did in 1964.

Abbey Marie
06-08-2016, 02:28 PM
Dennis Miller sums it up in his inimitable way:

"As I watched Hillary speak last night, I thought "My god! She's absolutely electric!" When you mix in the underlay of her total honesty and the fact that she's so utterly principled (and a fresh face to boot!) no wonder so many Republicans feel it is their duty to stop Trump and pave the way for her!"

crin63
06-09-2016, 01:07 AM
I will say that I find it amusing how that Conservatives who were honest and true to their word are now being portrayed as the bad guys. They said they couldn't or wouldn't vote for Trump come November, but keeping Hillary out wasn't as important as nominating Trump to his supporters during the primary. If keeping Hillary out was truly the goal, then Trump supporters should have gotten behind a candidate that Conservatives could and would support rather than Trump.

Since Trump supporters will vote for whoever comes out of the convention as the nominee to keep Hillary out I hope there is an all out war at the convention where Trump walks away without the nomination regardless of how many delegates he has.

I wanna see someone like Scott Walker get the nod. Then the party can unify to keep Hillary out.

Kathianne
06-09-2016, 01:29 AM
I will say that I find it amusing how that Conservatives who were honest and true to their word are now being portrayed as the bad guys. They said they couldn't or wouldn't vote for Trump come November, but keeping Hillary out wasn't as important as nominating Trump to his supporters during the primary. If keeping Hillary out was truly the goal, then Trump supporters should have gotten behind a candidate that Conservatives could and would support rather than Trump.

Since Trump supporters will vote for whoever comes out of the convention as the nominee to keep Hillary out I hope there is an all out war at the convention where Trump walks away without the nomination regardless of how many delegates he has.

I wanna see someone like Scott Walker get the nod. Then the party can unify to keep Hillary out.

I think the time for an 'alternative' has passed. Trump is now the face of the GOP and they are welcome to it. I do hope an alternative conservative party, a traditional liberal party as Gunny has said, arises; but it won't be for the 2016 election. Those of us that can't vote for either of the two party nominees, have to figure out what's best for us.

Personally I've registered now as an independent and will vote for Johnson, for what his stands are on government responsibilities and at which level. Not a perfect fit, but much better than Trump or Clinton, for me.

crin63
06-09-2016, 08:39 AM
I think the time for an 'alternative' has passed. Trump is now the face of the GOP and they are welcome to it. I do hope an alternative conservative party, a traditional liberal party as Gunny has said, arises; but it won't be for the 2016 election. Those of us that can't vote for either of the two party nominees, have to figure out what's best for us.

Personally I've registered now as an independent and will vote for Johnson, for what his stands are on government responsibilities and at which level. Not a perfect fit, but much better than Trump or Clinton, for me.

I heard yesterday that the delegates from 8 states are planning to unbind themselves from voting for Trump. Its up to Trump to start unifying the party and trying to woo Conservatives.

fj1200
06-09-2016, 08:45 AM
To say Johnson "cannot win" would not be true if only conservatives would rally 'round.

crin63
06-09-2016, 08:55 AM
To say Johnson "cannot win" would not be true if only conservatives would rally 'round.

He's too Liberal for any of the Conservatives I know. They won't vote for someone who is for killing babies. They might have voted for Austin Peterson. Right now they're in search of a candidate they can support.

fj1200
06-09-2016, 08:59 AM
He's too Liberal for any of the Conservatives I know. They won't vote for someone who is for killing babies. They might have voted for Austin Peterson. Right now they're in search of a candidate they can support.

:confused: He's the most conservative one out there.

crin63
06-09-2016, 09:12 AM
:confused: He's the most conservative one out there.

He's pro abortion and pro gay agenda. That won't bring Conservatives over.

Kathianne
06-09-2016, 09:20 AM

I'm not saying he will, but he's the most conservative of the 3.

fj1200
06-09-2016, 10:15 AM

Abortion? Seems to be about where most conservatives are as far as the practicality of the issue.

AbortionGary Johnson supports "a woman's right to choose up until the point of viability"[40] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Gary_Johnson#cite_note-40) and wants to keep abortion legal.[41] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Gary_Johnson#cite_note-41) He has been very vocal in his beliefs.[42] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Gary_Johnson#cite_note-42) He supports legislation banning late-term abortions (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partial-Birth_Abortion_Ban_Act) and mandating parental notification for minors seeking an abortion (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minors_and_abortion).[43] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Gary_Johnson#cite_note-43) Johnson believes Roe v. Wade (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roe_v._Wade) was wrongly decided and should be overturned because it "expanded the reach of the Federal government into areas of society never envisioned in the Constitution." He believes that laws regarding abortion (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion) should "be decided by the individual states."[39] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Gary_Johnson#cite_note-oaiabortion-39)

What is this "gay agenda"?

LGBT issuesJohnson says that "government doesn't belong in the bedroom."[35] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Gary_Johnson#cite_note-oaicivlib-35)[35] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Gary_Johnson#cite_note-oaicivlib-35) He believes that the government should not regulate marriage at all.[51] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Gary_Johnson#cite_note-intlbus-51) He believes the government "should not impose its values upon marriage" but instead "should protect the rights of couples to engage in civil unions if they wish, as well as the rights of religious organizations to follow their beliefs."[36] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Gary_Johnson#cite_note-gjcivlib-36)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Gary_Johnson

I think I saw you post the same thing. Nevertheless I can find plenty of conservatives who will say the same thing especially as it pertains to the power of the government to insert itself into interpersonal relationships. I see it as an enemy of the good for the perfect.

gabosaurus
06-09-2016, 01:00 PM
I heard yesterday that the delegates from 8 states are planning to unbind themselves from voting for Trump. Its up to Trump to start unifying the party and trying to woo Conservatives.

Interesting that you bring this up. The "dump Trump" underground is apparently still active.

http://www.vox.com/2016/3/24/11295380/republican-convention-rules-trump-delegates

https://www.yahoo.com/news/talk-grows-replacing-trump-convention-000000790.html

There is growing talk on the right of replacing Donald Trump, the Republican Party’s presumptive nominee for president, and even chatter about a possible alternative.

As Trump has floundered over the past week after questioning a federal judge’s impartiality because of his Mexican ancestry, Trump’s critics within the GOP have stepped up their efforts to thwart him. Some anti-Trump conservatives, who have tried for months to recruit an independent candidate, have begun looking more closely at attempting to persuade delegates at next month’s GOP convention to nominate someone other than Trump.

Gunny
06-09-2016, 03:22 PM

Since Kathianne mentioned my name, I am a liberal. An old school one. I hate the misuse of the word. Trump is NOT a liberal. We were famous for doing our own thing and minding our own business. These fascists that are called liberals now are anything but. They are more NAZI than liberal. Complete control freaks. In that light, I personally think abortion is murder. But those people have to answer to God in the end for it, not me.

Trump is a businessman and a really poor politician. But "searching for a candidate you can support" at this point is WAY too late in the game. And in case you haven't read up, Trump was 18th on the list of 17 with me. But it's reality check time.

Y'all want to stand on your ideals and we've gotten 8 years of Obama. There comes a time when you have to choose. Your ideals or 4 more years of Dems. I consider the RNC incompetent in the way they have handled this election and the last two. I'd put every one on mess duty.

The end game is to keep the Dems out. So perhaps we should quit acting like the 3 Stooges and get down to business.

Kathianne
06-09-2016, 06:14 PM
Since Kathianne mentioned my name, I am a liberal. An old school one. I hate the misuse of the word. Trump is NOT a liberal. We were famous for doing our own thing and minding our own business. These fascists that are called liberals now are anything but. They are more NAZI than liberal. Complete control freaks. In that light, I personally think abortion is murder. But those people have to answer to God in the end for it, not me.

Trump is a businessman and a really poor politician. But "searching for a candidate you can support" at this point is WAY too late in the game. And in case you haven't read up, Trump was 18th on the list of 17 with me. But it's reality check time.

Y'all want to stand on your ideals and we've gotten 8 years of Obama. There comes a time when you have to choose. Your ideals or 4 more years of Dems. I consider the RNC incompetent in the way they have handled this election and the last two. I'd put every one on mess duty.

The end game is to keep the Dems out. So perhaps we should quit acting like the 3 Stooges and get down to business.

I didn't wait until late in the game. ;) I said from the outset that I and probably others 'out there' would be unable to vote for him, though I feared he'd be the nominee after the 1st debate. Unfortunately I was correct.

Gunny
06-09-2016, 06:30 PM
I didn't wait until late in the game. ;) I said from the outset that I and probably others 'out there' would be unable to vote for him, though I feared he'd be the nominee after the 1st debate. Unfortunately I was correct.

I'm not calling any names Kath. You know I've been quite outspoken about how I feel about him. I've also been outspoken about peoples' right to vote whether or not I agree. At this point in time, I am merely pointing out logic of the situation. If people on the right don't vote for Trump, Hillary becomes President. Simple as that. If she becomes President, we are doomed.

Kathianne
06-09-2016, 06:38 PM
I'm not calling any names Kath. You know I've been quite outspoken about how I feel about him. I've also been outspoken about peoples' right to vote whether or not I agree. At this point in time, I am merely pointing out logic of the situation. If people on the right don't vote for Trump, Hillary becomes President. Simple as that. If she becomes President, we are doomed.

Whichever of the two is 'elected' the country will be in the worst of hands.

Gunny
06-09-2016, 06:56 PM
Whichever of the two is 'elected' the country will be in the worst of hands.

I'm not making that argument. You know what I think of Trump. But Hillary is a liar and a criminal. I'll take loudmouth dumbass over her any day.