PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Spy Plane Intercepted by Chinese Jets Over Asian Waters

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-08-2016, 08:09 AM
[
SIZE=4]U.S. Spy Plane Intercepted by Chinese Jets Over Asian Waters[/SIZE]
[Time]
Nash Jenkins

A U.S. spy plane conducting a routine patrol over international waters in the East China Sea on Tuesday was intercepted by two Chinese fighter jets.

U.S. military officials in the Pacific told Reuters that one of the Chinese planes came within “an unsafe excessive rate of closure” to the U.S. aircraft, but blamed the incident on “improper airmanship, as no other provocative or unsafe maneuvers occurred.”

The altercation underscores the geopolitical power struggle in maritime Asia between the U.S. and China. Beijing has claimed most of the contested reefs, rocks and islets of the South China Sea as its own territory. But Vietnam, the Philippines, Malaysia, Taiwan and Brunei have competing claims to various parts of the region.

Beijing responded to the incident by accusing Washington of “deliberately hyping up the issue of the close surveillance of China by U.S. military aircraft,” according to a statement quoted by Reuters.

“Chinese military pilots consistently carry out operations in accordance with the law and the rules, and are professional and responsible,” China’s Defense Ministry said.

The U.S. Department of Defense said in a statement it was addressing the issue with Beijing.

The incident is not without precedent. On at least two occasions in the last year — once in September 2015 and again last month — Chinese jets came dangerously close to U.S. aircraft over Asian waters.

Our gay , transgender promoting President invites these actions by his stupidity, cowardice , global warming, anti-patriotic character and deliberate nation destroying agenda.--Tyr

Gunny
06-08-2016, 08:14 AM
[

Our gay , transgender promoting President invites these actions by his stupidity, cowardice , global warming, anti-patriotic character and deliberate nation destroying agenda.--Tyr

They should have immediately launched some FA-18's. I'd let my boys play chicken with their asses any damned day.

namvet
06-08-2016, 01:02 PM
wonder if there's Russian Trawlers are still out there?? :laugh:

aboutime
06-08-2016, 07:41 PM
For any of you who think this Chinese interception of our plane was dangerous. HOW BOUT THIS.....? Such close-up shenanigans by China, or Russia is actually (think about it) Almost a blessing, of sorts for OUR INTEL ops in the air, as well as at sea.

It gave us the opportunity to actually discover more of the capabilities..THANKS TO THE CHINESE PILOT...for our Intel guys to learn, listen, and watch.
If you need a hint. Try watching the movies by TOM CLANCY, like Hunt for Red October, and Crimson Tide. Though those movies were supposed to be fictional. I can say....Don't take them for granted. Speaking of Russian Trawlers at sea. They provided a lot of Information for us, merely by being there to secretly observe our ships.
For those who doubt it. Remember these words: "You don't know, what you don't know, you don't know!"

Gunny
06-08-2016, 07:51 PM
For any of you who think this Chinese interception of our plane was dangerous. HOW BOUT THIS.....? Such close-up shenanigans by China, or Russia is actually (think about it) Almost a blessing, of sorts for OUR INTEL ops in the air, as well as at sea.

It gave us the opportunity to actually discover more of the capabilities..THANKS TO THE CHINESE PILOT...for our Intel guys to learn, listen, and watch.
If you need a hint. Try watching the movies by TOM CLANCY, like Hunt for Red October, and Crimson Tide. Though those movies were supposed to be fictional. I can say....Don't take them for granted. Speaking of Russian Trawlers at sea. They provided a lot of Information for us, merely by being there to secretly observe our ships.
For those who doubt it. Remember these words: "You don't know, what you don't know, you don't know!"

Works the same on the ground. I've had to lay in place for days watching. Same at sea. The Iranians would come out and shake their fists at us until they saw the frigate behind us we picked up entering the Strait. Wonder if they knew we picked up a sub as well?

That's why I surprised when they took over those boats. And of course I blame Obama. Bet they have orders to not fire under any circumstances.

namvet
06-08-2016, 08:09 PM
foreign policy

http://marteklimited.com/images/product/cs-01-lg.jpg

aboutime
06-08-2016, 08:20 PM
foreign policy

So, that's what an Obama-Hillary Chastity Belt looks like???:laugh:

namvet
06-08-2016, 08:26 PM
I found the the Clinton's just listen for the hiss

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Q6i-6WLSmWE/TqtcQKTrLoI/AAAAAAAAAJc/SqRyBgwMc_k/s1600/2_headed_cobra.jpg

Gunny
06-08-2016, 08:28 PM
foreign policy

AT is absolutely correct. And I'm not going to sit here and pretend I know damned thing about military intelligence. I collected it and handed it over. I was privy to intel on a need to know basis. I don't know much more than that about intel. When I got stuck handling it at HQMC, I never read the crap. I didn't care about it unless it was mission pertinent in the field.