PDA

View Full Version : Would a Presdent Hillary act on her suggestion for Australia-style gun confiscation?

Little-Acorn
06-08-2016, 12:16 PM
Last October, Hillary praised Australia's gun confiscation program, and said it would be worth taking a look at for this country.

In 1996 Australia passed laws requiring its subjects to turn in their guns. Though the government tried to disguise what they were doing by calling it a "purchase" or a "buyback program", the subject had no choice in the matter. People who didn't want to turn in their gun, faced fines or imprisonment, and lost their gun anyway. And it was hardly a "purchase", which implies that the "seller" was a willing participant. If he's being forced to give up his property against his will, it's either confiscation or theft, regardless of the thief sticking money in his pocket afterward.

And calling it a "buyback program", is even more disingenuous, implying that the government owned the gun in the past and thus had some right to it.

Last October, Hillary said that such a program is "worth considering" in the U.S. She carefully didn't mention that the 2nd amendment flatly forbids such a thing.

If she becomes President, is there any reason to believe she won't do what she said she wanted to do? Lying and illegality has never bothered her before, why would they now?

--------------------------------------------------

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/dem-primaries/257172-hillary-australia-style-gun-control-worth-looking-at

Hillary: Australia-style gun control ‘worth looking at’

by Bradford Richardson
October 16, 2015, 02:46 pm

Hillary Clinton says a gun buyback program similar to the one Australia implemented in 1996 is “worth considering” in the United States.

“I don’t know enough details to tell you how we would do it or how it would work, but certainly the Australia example is worth looking at,” Clinton said at a New Hampshire town hall on Friday.

The Democratic presidential front-runner said data indicate the Australian program reduced the number of firearms in circulation by paying citizens to turn over their weapons.
“The Australian government, as part of trying to clamp down on the availability of automatic weapons, offered a good price for buying hundreds of thousands of guns, and then they basically clamped down going forward in terms of having, you know, more of a background-check approach, more of a permitting approach,” Clinton said.

gabosaurus
06-08-2016, 12:28 PM
Their will be no gun confiscation. That is prohibited by the second amendment.
However, the second amendment will be significantly re-interpreted. Finding a place to buy guns and ammo will soon become just as easy as finding a place to have an abortion. :cool:

Elessar
06-08-2016, 12:33 PM
Well...she should pony up and get rid of her armed security force.
Then she will be like anyone else...subject to the threats of those individuals
that would refuse to obey another 'gun' law. The common gangsta
and criminal.

She should be good with sending the Secret Service away then. After all,
didn't she say that she "Dodged sniper fire in Kosovo"?:laugh:

Elessar
06-08-2016, 12:35 PM
Their will be no gun confiscation. That is prohibited by the second amendment.
However, the second amendment will be significantly re-interpreted. Finding a place to buy guns and ammo will soon become just as easy as finding a place to have an abortion. :cool:

It is not going to happen, Gabby. She's is just blowing smoke up her ass.

gabosaurus
06-08-2016, 12:36 PM
If Trump and Clinton both gave up their secret service protection, who do you think would be more threatened? :death:

Little-Acorn
06-08-2016, 12:56 PM
However, the second amendment will be significantly re-interpreted.

TRANSLATION: We have to get judges onto the bench who will lie about what the 2nd amendment means, if we're to have any luck taking away people's guns.

Elessar
06-08-2016, 01:11 PM
If Trump and Clinton both gave up their secret service protection, who do you think would be more threatened? :death:

That might be a toss-up, but still does not support your argument.

I think Trump might be in a way though. After all, look at the Liberal protest behaviors
in recent rallies. You don't see Republicans behaving like a mob of shit-heads such as these
Liberal spoiled brats.

darin
06-09-2016, 05:42 AM
Would be a means to an end for the democratic party. That move would hopefully cause a civil war - where the then-president could become the dictator Liberals crave.

Kathianne
06-09-2016, 07:53 AM

Both are rich enough to use their own security services.

Gunny
06-12-2016, 07:20 PM
Would be a means to an end for the democratic party. That move would hopefully cause a civil war - where the then-president could become the dictator Liberals crave.

Again, stupid. The left doesn't want to start a war with us. They'd want someone from the government to provide them ammo and load it for them.

I need to update my tomahawk collection.

gabosaurus
06-12-2016, 09:12 PM
Every incident where some wacko crazy goes on a rampage is one additional rung in the upcoming level of gun control. And it will be sooner, not later.
In the works -- 72-hour waiting period for gun sales, limits on ammo and magazine size, prohibition of internet sales of weapons and ammo, an end to sales by mail and limiting gun sales to licensed dealers at licensed locations.
None of which are restricted by the second amendment. :cool:

Elessar
06-12-2016, 09:50 PM
Every incident where some wacko crazy goes on a rampage is one additional rung in the upcoming level of gun control. And it will be sooner, not later.
In the works -- 72-hour waiting period for gun sales, limits on ammo and magazine size, prohibition of internet sales of weapons and ammo, an end to sales by mail and limiting gun sales to licensed dealers at licensed locations.

Bullshit Flag thrown!

That is a liberal opinion, not that of law-abiding citizens.

Gunny
06-12-2016, 10:00 PM

You forget who you're talking to. I'd have a disciplined army.

And my tomahawks, blades and crossbows and already owned guns don't have a waiting limit which is stupid. If I want a gun I can go right downtown and buy one on the street for cash. No waiting period. Then when I'm done with the cheap piece of crap I can toss it in the river. But it served its purpose, right?

See the flaw in your argument yet?