View Full Version : 775 confirmed kills in one picture, 1945

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-09-2016, 10:06 AM
775 confirmed kills in one picture, 1945
By RHP | Posted on: May 4, 2014 | Updated on: January 25, 2015
6 Comments

Female snipers of the 3rd Shock Army, 1st Belorussian Front.

1st row – Guard Staff Sergeant, VN Stepanov: 20 kills. Guard Sgt JP Belousov: 80 kills. Guard Sgt AE Vinogradov: 83 kills.

2nd row – Guard Lieutenant EK Zhibovskaya: 24 kills. Guard Sgt KF Marinkin: 79 kills. Guard Sgt OS Marenkina: 70 kills.

3rd row – Guard Lieutenant NP Belobrova: 70 kills. Lieutenant N. Lobkovsky: 89 kills. Guard Lieutenant VI Artamonov: 89 kills. Guard Staff Sergeant MG Zubchenko: 83 kills.

4th row – Guard Sergeant, NP Obukhov: 64 kills. Guard Sergeant, AR Belyakov 24 kills

Total number of confirmed kills: 775. Photo taken in Germany, May 4, 1945.

Because of chronic problems in finding the manpower to fulfill military and industrial tasks, the Soviet Government recruited some 7.75 million women, of whom 800,000 served in the military. Sniping was a precision role, which many women soldiers performed with expertise. It is estimated that in 1943 there were more than 2000 female snipers in the Soviet armed forces. Female snipers have been credited with more than 12,000 confirmed kills.

The Soviet Union used women for sniping duties extensively, and to great effect, including Nina Alexeyevna Lobkovskaya and Ukrainian Lyudmila Pavlichenko (who killed over 300 enemy soldiers). The Soviets found that sniper duties fit women well, since good snipers are patient, careful, deliberate, can avoid hand-to-hand combat, and need higher levels of aerobic conditioning than other troops. Women were regarded as having the skills and nerves required for accurate marksmanship. Notwithstanding male skepticism, Major General Morozov, “the father of the sniper movement”, attributed superior female marksmanship to the fact that “a woman’s hand is more sensitive than is a man’s. Therefore when a woman is shooting, her index finger pulls the trigger more smoothly and purposefully”.

The most successful Soviet use of snipers during the second world war were during their defensive stages of the war (1941–1943), after which the advantage of defense shifted to the German side and German snipers became a real danger to the advancing Soviets. Soviet military doctrine used snipers for providing long-distance suppressive fire and for eliminating targets of opportunity, especially leaders, because during World War II, Soviet military leaders and combat theorists (Vassili Zaitsev contributed greatly to Soviet sniper doctrine, although he was officially neither of these) found that military organizations have difficulty replacing experienced non-commissioned officers and field officers during times of war. They also found that the more expensive and less rugged sniper rifles could match the cost-effectiveness of a cheaper assault rifle given good personnel selection, training, and adherence to doctrine.

Interesting stuff:

The three most common sniper rifles employed by the Soviet Union were the Mosin-Nagant, the Tokarev SVT-40, and later, the SVD (1958); the first purpose built designated marksman’s rifle.
---------------------------------------------------------------

The women snipers are pictured in the link..
Found this (INTERESTING LINK) while researching a framed group of ww2 and Korean war battle medals of a brave deceased American soldier, all were sold to my younger brother by his drug addicted grandson... I purchased the set to stop my dumbass brother from selling the medals breaking the collection apart.
SO MANY BATTLE STARS IN FRAMED SET.
All together 16 medals and 9 battle stars.......
SAD PART IS MY YOUNGER BROTHER TOOK TWO OF THE MEDALS, THE PURPLE HEART AND WW2 VICTORY MEDALS BEFORE I WAS ABLE TO
PURCHASE THE SET AND REFUSED TO INCLUDE THEM.
WE ARGUED AND I ALMOST KNOCKED HIM OUT OVER HIS DESECRATION OF THIS DECEASED MAN'S SERVICE.
He still does drugs himself and had he not been my brother I'd stomped him.....
No damn respect for the bravery, honor and service of that brave man--that truly pissed me off to no damn end! --Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-09-2016, 10:32 AM
Memory Lost To Honor's Dismay?

Life passed into flowing mystical veil
his time of love and life a mere storm flash.
Fighting in the great war was truly hell
duty and honor thus served, not for cash

Battles with blood and gore steady nightmares
never ending thoughts of his war-lost friends
Buried now six, with no more worldly cares
Perhaps rejoined with his brave soldier friends.

Look back and his bravery thus revealed
what may he have said about discord today.
A hero, he served and now his fate sealed
his memory lost to honor's dismay.

Long life has passed into that unknown world
he valiant standing with his flag unfurled.

Robert J. Lindley, 6-09-2016

Note- Sonnet dedicated to a brave man , WW2 AND KOREAN WAR VETERAN I NEVER KNEW.
ONLY BY HIS MEDALS DO I SEE A GLIMPSE OF THIS MAN.
In that glimpse, I see honor and sacrifice and greatness.--Tyr

NightTrain
06-09-2016, 05:37 PM
The Soviets had a few badass women snipers.

You forgot to include the pic, man!

Black Diamond
06-09-2016, 06:03 PM
The Soviets had a few badass women snipers.

You forgot to include the pic, man!

I think there was one Russkie chick who killed more than Chris Kyle? Is that correct ?