PDA

View Full Version : At 9:56 pm this evening

Atticus Finch
06-11-2016, 02:32 PM
The International Space Station is supposed to cross directly above my house and can be seen by the naked eye.They say it will take approximately 5 minutes for it to travel from horizon to horizon coming from northwest toward the southeast.I might run out and by a cheap telescope if I don't conk out before then,that's a little past my bedtime...;)

Gunny
06-11-2016, 04:11 PM
The International Space Station is supposed to cross directly above my house and can be seen by the naked eye.They say it will take approximately 5 minutes for it to travel from horizon to horizon coming from northwest toward the southeast.I might run out and by a cheap telescope if I don't conk out before then,that's a little past my bedtime...;)

I had to quit laughing before I could respond to THIS one. :laugh2:

I can just see it now. Atticus standing in the yard in his bermuda shorts and flip flops, holding a cold one, staring up at the sky waiting on a spaceship. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Elessar
06-11-2016, 05:47 PM
There is actually a local newspaper here that gives the times, dates, locations, when the station should be
visible! On a clear night scan for a multi colored object (red/blue/green/ white/yellow) faintly flashing.
Out at sea on a clear night we could spot satellites because of that flashing characteristic.

Gunny
06-11-2016, 05:53 PM
There is actually a local newspaper here that gives the times, dates, locations, when the station should be
visible! On a clear night scan for a multi colored object (red/blue/green/ white/yellow) faintly flashing.
Out at sea on a clear night we could spot satellites because of that flashing characteristic.

Dude, I live in New Mexico right now. This is UFO Nirvana. Some of these people just make me laugh. They are just screwy about the crap. And that's what led to my post to Atticus. There was no offense intended but with my warped sense of humor you're just begging for it. :laugh:

Elessar
06-11-2016, 06:01 PM
Dude, I live in New Mexico right now. This is UFO Nirvana. Some of these people just make me laugh. They are just screwy about the crap. And that's what led to my post to Atticus. There was no offense intended but with my warped sense of humor you're just begging for it. :laugh:

You would not believe how many UFO reports I got as a SAR Controller! Or mistaking aircraft lights for flares or UFO's...
or mistaking meteors for flares...or mistaking fireworks for flares.:laugh:

Gunny
06-11-2016, 06:23 PM
You would not believe how many UFO reports I got as a SAR Controller! Or mistaking aircraft lights for flares or UFO's...
or mistaking meteors for flares...or mistaking fireworks for flares.:laugh:

Oh trust me, I can imagine. I know what it's like at sea at night. Same issue as here. The sky is always clear here. Hell-f-ing-O .. Kirtland AFB is right down the road. It's a Chinook. :laugh: Bubba the Martian ain't here to get you. :laugh: And why's it ALWAYS drunk rednecks and hippy teenagers that see these things?

I get a kick out of it myself.:laugh:

Elessar
06-11-2016, 06:34 PM
Oh trust me, I can imagine. I know what it's like at sea at night. Same issue as here. The sky is always clear here. Hell-f-ing-O .. Kirtland AFB is right down the road. It's a Chinook. :laugh: Bubba the Martian ain't here to get you. :laugh: And why's it ALWAYS drunk rednecks and hippy teenagers that see these things?

I get a kick out of it myself.:laugh:

Some of the stories I got: "Red and Blue flashing lights on the horizon at 2300." I ask location their
elevation and use the fist method to determine how high the lights are above the horizon and bearing
relative to their location. Answer? A Humboldt County Sheriff's vehicle after a feeling suspect!

A retired Navy Senior Chief Gunner's mate reported 5 white/amber flares on the horizon from a 120
foot overlook...told me they had been burning for 5 minutes..told me he knew what flares looked like.
No domestic use flares last 5 minutes except for road markers. I did a bit of checking...I had seen
5 crab boats driving in that night...yep! It was the masthead lights of the crab boats.

Atticus Finch
06-11-2016, 07:02 PM
I invited this guy over to the party...told him to bring his own

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/6f/49/94/6f49941ebd21237f6561e098394d95e5.jpg (https://www.pinterest.com/megant1209/ancient-aliens/)

Elessar
06-11-2016, 07:08 PM
Here is a simple Web site to try and determine if you can view it:

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/

Gunny
06-11-2016, 07:40 PM
Here is a simple Web site to try and determine if you can view it:

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/

I'm just trying to see this board. Anything else is a bennie. :laugh:

Atticus Finch
06-12-2016, 07:13 AM
Well, I did see the Space Station.If I didn't know what I was looking for I would have assumed it was an airliner.It's due over here again tonight around 9 pm.I think I might russle up a telescope somewhere to get a better look see this time.

Gunny
06-12-2016, 07:49 AM
Well, I did see the Space Station.If I didn't know what I was looking for I would have assumed it was an airliner.It's due over here again tonight around 9 pm.I think I might russle up a telescope somewhere to get a better look see this time.

You missed the warped sense of humor part?:laugh: I'm not being serious. I was LMAO. It just tickled me the right way. Y'all think I'm always so serious and more than half the time I'm cleaning Coke off my screen. :laugh:

Atticus Finch
06-12-2016, 08:10 AM
You missed the warped sense of humor part?:laugh: I'm not being serious. I was LMAO. It just tickled me the right way. Y'all think I'm always so serious and more than half the time I'm cleaning Coke off my screen. :laugh:Nah, man I got a chuckle out of it.Half my neighborhood was in my back yard.Shortest block party in history...;)

Elessar
06-12-2016, 04:08 PM

Good binoculars will work, too