PDA

View Full Version : Horseback Hero: Eagle Point rancher lassos alleged bicycle thief

Elessar
06-11-2016, 05:09 PM
This simply a neat story, the first time I have ever read something like this:

http://www.mailtribune.com/news/20160610/horseback-hero-eagle-point-rancher-lassos-alleged-bicycle-thief

Gunny
06-11-2016, 05:15 PM
This simply a neat story, the first time I have ever read something like this:

http://www.mailtribune.com/news/20160610/horseback-hero-eagle-point-rancher-lassos-alleged-bicycle-thief

You just can't make this crap up. Don't f*ck with cowboys. He's lucky it wasn't me. I've been able to ride since I can't remember, but I can't rope worth crap. I'd have hit him with the horse.:laugh2:

Elessar
06-11-2016, 05:40 PM
You just can't make this crap up. Don't f*ck with cowboys. He's lucky it wasn't me. I've been able to ride since I can't remember, but I can't rope worth crap. I'd have hit him with the horse.:laugh2:

Strange...the times I tried to used a lariat when I was young, I'd just tie myself up or trip! But I can toss the eye of a mooring line
over a chock or mooring bit!:laugh2: I can also straighten out a weighted 125 ft heaving line accurately with no effort at all.

Gunny
06-11-2016, 05:48 PM
Strange...the times I tried to used a lariat when I was young, I'd just tie myself up or trip! But I can toss the eye of a mooring line
over a chock or mooring bit!:laugh2: I can also straighten out a weighted 125 ft heaving line accurately with no effort at all.

I honestly gave up trying to use a lariat after the first couple of tries. And I can shoot 3-pointers all day. I just never got the hang of it.

Elessar
06-11-2016, 11:10 PM
I honestly gave up trying to use a lariat after the first couple of tries. And I can shoot 3-pointers all day. I just never got the hang of it.

Horse shoes? I love the game!

Gunny
06-12-2016, 12:11 AM
Horse shoes? I love the game!

You are such a goofball sometimes. I could maybe knock your ass out with a horseshoe. I played sports and not ones that included alcoholic beverages. You give me a few brews and and a horseshoe you better be running for cover. :laugh:

Elessar
06-12-2016, 04:33 PM
You are such a goofball sometimes. I could maybe knock your ass out with a horseshoe. I played sports and not ones that included alcoholic beverages. You give me a few brews and and a horseshoe you better be running for cover. :laugh:

Being goofy was intentional! I figured you meant shooting hoops!:laugh:

Gunny
06-12-2016, 04:52 PM
Being goofy was intentional! I figured you meant shooting hoops!:laugh:

In Texas we play a game called "Washers". Same as horseshoes only you use the huge fender washers. I never got into it, but when you're at the party and you have a cup of Lone Star in your hand ...:laugh: . I'd rather play 21 with a b-ball ANY day. And what with my current 2" vertical leap I bet I'd be a sensation. :laugh2:

Elessar
06-12-2016, 05:22 PM
In Texas we play a game called "Washers". Same as horseshoes only you use the huge fender washers. I never got into it, but when you're at the party and you have a cup of Lone Star in your hand ...:laugh: . I'd rather play 21 with a b-ball ANY day. And what with my current 2" vertical leap I bet I'd be a sensation. :laugh2:

I did love '21'...we'd play that until after dark many days.

Gunny
06-12-2016, 05:33 PM
I did love '21'...we'd play that until after dark many days.

I got hot one day from the 3 point line and made 21 without anyone else getting to touch the ball. Best day EVER. Seven 3-pointers in a row. It was just my day, I guess. I just remember the Cpl's asking if they could get a turn. I was like "not if I can help it". :laugh:

Elessar
06-18-2016, 06:15 PM
I found an update to this story. He has a lovely family and is a very humble person:

http://www.mailtribune.com/article/20160617/NEWS/160619693